NES CLASSIC Available preorders open@ Amazon.es

MusePrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (99%)
I was just at Best buy and they had 50 of these in a cage in the video game department. I never saw one in the wild last time so these are definitely better stocked than before. People shouldn't have an issue getting one if they want one.

I guess I missed something- why is everyone here so interested in getting an extra controller? Do a bunch of games that come with the NES Classic feature 2-player multiplayer? Or is the cord on the standalone controller longer than the one that comes with the system?
Just because it was hard to find last time and got expensive, so people probably expecting the same. Although not sure it will be the same story this time.

I guess I missed something- why is everyone here so interested in getting an extra controller? Do a bunch of games that come with the NES Classic feature 2-player multiplayer? Or is the cord on the standalone controller longer than the one that comes with the system?
Cord is the same length (and not an issue if you just get a pair of 10ft extenders). There are mutliplayer games included (Bubble Bobble ftw!), but I think a lot of us mod it to include additional multiplayer games. Again, Bubble Bobble alone should be enough to encourage a second controller (and Dr. Mario if you're competitive).

Until this re-release, I've been using a Wii Classic Controller for P2, but then my brother and I would fight over who gets the "real" controller. They both work fine, but the feel of the original can't be beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses!  I probably would try and hunt down a second NES Classic controller today, but the fact that the SNES Classic controller works with it (which I didn't know until today!) deters me.

I want a controller to play the nes games I put on the snes, for some reason it would feel more natural that way.  But if I can't find one then I'm not going to worry about it.

I want a controller to play the nes games I put on the snes, for some reason it would feel more natural that way. But if I can't find one then I'm not going to worry about it.
That's exactly why I did it and it's really freakin' perfect. Don't worry man, it's sounding like stock is relatively plentiful this time around - you'll find one.

Anyone know if the controllers are compatible with the Switch?  With a lot of the the NES games coming, to those who pay for the upcoming online service I would probably bite on a controller if it worked.

I just walked into Target in Alexandria, VA during my lunch break and there were about 8 on display (there were more in the back according to brickseek)

Facebook marketplace in my city got flooded with these with people asking $100 each. 90% of all the guys look the same: overweight, triple chin dads with a snap back and shitty goatee.

Facebook marketplace in my city got flooded with these with people asking $100 each. 90% of all the guys look the same: overweight, triple chin dads with a snap back and shitty goatee.
Yeah, Nintendo did alright this time so far we'll see if stock hold up though

Waited outside a slower gamestop for 30 minutes this morning and ended up getting the system and the last of 3 extra controllers that they had. The customer behind me was super salty about them running out which was kind of funny as he showed up 1 minute before the store opened. So glad I don't have to hunt for these things anymore.

I was in Walmart yesterday, a fairly high traffic one.  They had like 5 NES Classics and like 5 SNES Classics in the case just sitting there, mid Saturday afternoon.  The demand doesn't seem to be crazy this time.  I hope Nintendo keeps it up and completely cuts the bottom out of the scalper market on these.

Yeah the only reason online seems to have sold out was scalpers, but retail seems way better this time

Seems like some places that are selling out already are also already showing a next shipment in mid to late July.  So at least not a one and done thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Meijer near by, they currently have a mperks coupons where one of them is $10 off 49.99 (Till July 4th) which one of the stores i stopped at today had about 10 NES classics in the case. May be worth it to some to save $10.   

Yesterday I got the Amazon UK ordered I placed back in May. Mail carrier jammed it in my mailbox, so box got a bit beat up. Surprised it arrived just a day after relaunch given the international shipment.

I went into a gamestop today after lunch and there was still about 8 on the counter.  Glad I never paid the high price.

Yesterday I got the Amazon UK ordered I placed back in May. Mail carrier jammed it in my mailbox, so box got a bit beat up. Surprised it arrived just a day after relaunch given the international shipment.
International Amazon uses better shipping services than domestic Amazon oddly enough, almost every order I place gets shipped DHL two day

International Amazon uses better shipping services than domestic Amazon oddly enough, almost every order I place gets shipped DHL two day
My Amazon JP orders have all come DHL. I have the famicom coming from Amazon JP today or tomorrow via DHL as well.

As for Amazon UK, this was my first order. It was shipped via ASENDIA, and I wasn't given a tracking number.

Had no issue picking up a NES controller yesterday at a WM, same store I tried getting one on Friday. Still has several in stock, among many of the other WM's around me (along with the consoles).

My Amazon JP orders have all come DHL. I have the famicom coming from Amazon JP today or tomorrow via DHL as well.

As for Amazon UK, this was my first order. It was shipped via ASENDIA, and I wasn't given a tracking number.
I also purchased one from Amazon UK and it's shipping via ASENDIA. What was the time frame between getting the email notice that your item has shipped and when you received your item? It sucks that they don't include a tracking number.

I also purchased one from Amazon UK and it's shipping via ASENDIA. What was the time frame between getting the email notice that your item has shipped and when you received your item? It sucks that they don't include a tracking number.
It said it dispatched on June 17th with expected delivery on July 6th. I received it on June 30th. I think the dispatch notice was probably early.

Had no issue picking up a NES controller yesterday at a WM, same store I tried getting one on Friday. Still has several in stock, among many of the other WM's around me (along with the consoles).
Went in WM, they had 10 in the case. I asked the associate who retrieved one how many they received, she said at least 20, but they hadn't unboxed them all. They did not receive any controllers according to her, but she then restated that they hadn't opened all the nintendo boxes (she laughed it off, and said that they know they are supposed to get the items out on release day, but they are never in a rush to do so). I couldn't believe that there was no line and I was the first to get one at around 10AM on release day. I drove across the parking lot to gamestop and picked up a second controller, also the first to buy anything classic related that morning. The associate was surprised that there was no line. The demand seems to have died in my area, when they first came out there were always lines, and none on shelves.

That's exactly why I did it and it's really freakin' perfect. Don't worry man, it's sounding like stock is relatively plentiful this time around - you'll find one.
I was finally able to order one today from bestbuy's website. That is great to hear that it works perfectly. I look forward to playing some nes and master system games with a proper controller soon.

bread's done
Back