Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

Dexter will likely stay up for now. The next season starts in late September. Showtime would probably rather people had a chance to catch up.

I'm surprised they're almost done. Wasn't a few months ago that Michael C. Hall lost all his hair. He would have been filming during that time if the next season is all in the can already.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']It seems they automatically add it back if it ever returns. I've looked at my queue in the Xbox 360 and some stuff that disappeared has returned.[/QUOTE]

If it expires while in your instant queue, it goes into a saved section. Just like if you were to add a DVD to your queue that doesn't have a release date. It's a nice little feature.

[quote name='camoor']What the fuck is up with expiring series. Expiring fucking blows. fuck I knew this was too good and there had to be a catch!!

Aslo I checked and Dexter is still up. Does that mean they renewed it?[/QUOTE]

It sucks, but don't blame Netflix.

Studios only license there stuff to stream for limited time. If it was up forever few people would buy the dvds/blu rays as they could watch it at home anytime they wanted on the streaming service.

So far, what I've seen is that stuff that expires just gets renewed, but no doubt I'm missing things that have expired and haven't gotten renewed. In fact, the only one I'm really sure about is SpongeBob. Season 3 has "expired" multiple times, but as you'll note, it's still there, with a new expiration date.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Didn't know the Futurama movies are on there now, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Me either, now I have another show to watch =)

Not all of them - as of right now, Volume 6 is not listed to show up. American Dad's wonky as well. Titles updated.

This should totally be updated. A decent-sized update happened on September 1st, and there's still some pretty good movies being added.

However, feedfliks is saying that the Indiana Jones series has been added to streaming, but I don't see it available on my lists.

on Feedflix it says: "Instant Watch : until Expired". Hmm. I have a feeling this was never going to happen. Every time in the past that I've consulted with feedflix I've been unimpressed. It says movies are expiring and they do, except that they don't. The movies get renewed, but here we were in a panic. Case in point: Spongebog season 3. My kids were disheartened to learn it was going to go poof, but it never did. Still there now.

[quote name='HydroX']This should totally be updated. A decent-sized update happened on September 1st, and there's still some pretty good movies being added.

However, feedfliks is saying that the Indiana Jones series has been added to streaming, but I don't see it available on my lists.[/QUOTE]

There are a few titles like that. Lexx was listed as available for streaming on feedfliks but only the DVD is listed on the site.

A while ago I read a news story that Netflix was going to add a massive amount of movies to instant streaming but the story seems to have completely died.

Anyone know when this is going to happen, or if it's still going to happen?

They added quite a bit a month or so ago.

They did also sign that contract (forget the name of the company) that will get them more newer releases, but I don't think that's in affect yet.

I still have tons of shit on my queue I never get around to, so I'm still good with it in any case.

Yeah - there's so many movies on my instant queue now that I'll probably never finish watching them. But... there's always that one movie you want to see now and it's not there. Most recently for me that was Lone Star and now that it's been mention, Raider's of the Lost Ark (no "Indiana Jones and the" in the title, thank you very much!) I've been wanting to watch that movie with my kids, and having it in HD would be superb.

I had a massive update done and hit submit but apparently CAG logs you out if you're idle for too long. I logged in and it said something to the effect that there were no changes so nothing was updated.. so I hit back twice to try to copy and paste what I had done, but it was gone. It pissed me off. I should have some time tonight to update it.

A while ago I read a news story that Netflix was going to add a massive amount of movies to instant streaming but the story seems to have completely died.

Anyone know when this is going to happen, or if it's still going to happen?

If you're talking about them adding some things after 90 days, that started on September 1st, that's why you see more recent stuff like Star Trek on there.

My bud uses Netflix on the ol' 360, and I was surprised with how many movies there were to watch.

Is it worth the monthly payment? He uses his grandfather's account, so he gets to watch stuff for free.

Lucky bastard.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']My bud uses Netflix on the ol' 360, and I was surprised with how many movies there were to watch.

Is it worth the monthly payment? He uses his grandfather's account, so he gets to watch stuff for free.

Lucky bastard.[/QUOTE]

Don't expect new releases, but there is a wide variety of movies & TV show seasons available via instant streaming.

[quote name='dmaul1114']They added quite a bit a month or so ago.

They did also sign that contract (forget the name of the company) that will get them more newer releases, but I don't think that's in affect yet.

I still have tons of shit on my queue I never get around to, so I'm still good with it in any case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tend to have eclectic tastes and I guess I bought into the hype of that news story.

I have 236 movies in my dvd queue and 159 in the instant watch queue, but some of those instant watch queue items are tv series so time-wise it's a little more even.

There are just some movies like Cloverfield I would like to call up anytime. Guess I'll just spring for the bluray.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']My bud uses Netflix on the ol' 360, and I was surprised with how many movies there were to watch.

Lucky bastard.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean it's free for him?

[quote name='shosh']What do you mean it's free for him?[/QUOTE]

His grandfather owns the account, so he just input his grandfather's info (With his grandpa's permission, obviously) and can just hop on and watch stuff all day erryday without thinking about any monthly charge.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']His grandfather owns the account, so he just input his grandfather's info (With his grandpa's permission, obviously) and can just hop on and watch stuff all day erryday without thinking about any monthly charge.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you said his account was grandfathered in, like he have an old account that gave him free rentals.

If I were to sign up for Netflix, I probably wouldn't be doing the whole DVD service. Seems kinda...eh when I could just be instantly watching stuff.

How much is it a month? 10?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']If I were to sign up for Netflix, I probably wouldn't be doing the whole DVD service. Seems kinda...eh when I could just be instantly watching stuff.

How much is it a month? 10?[/QUOTE]

From the website:

[quote name='Netflix.com']
How much does it cost?
Netflix costs $8.99 a month. You get 1 DVD out at-a-time which you can exchange as often as you want. Plus, you can instantly watch online on your PC or Mac or right on your TV via an Internet connected Netflix ready device. Instantly watch as often as you want, anytime you want.[/QUOTE]

i don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the 80's "V" series is on netflix. I have come across it at walmart for 10 bucks or less but skipped it because they didn't have the first two starters of the series, just the final battle and the tv series.

there's alot of good movies on there that the op needs to include, such as: the godfather 1-3, iron man, star trek, gi joe (these few movies are a few months old -the gf), amityville 3-d, the fast and the furious, 2 fast 2 furious, top gun, hackers, ace ventura: pet detective, crank 2: high voltage, aeon flux, the love guru. by the way, if anyone is interested in getting Netflix Instant Stream but doesn't want to bother signing up for the service and pay full price, PM me i'll hook you up with a slot for a good price and I have a few slots available with tons of movies & tv shows.

[quote name='intoxicated662']by the way, if anyone is interested in getting Netflix Instant Stream but doesn't want to bother signing up for the service and pay full price, PM me i'll hook you up with a slot for a good price and I have a few slots available with tons of movies & tv shows.[/QUOTE]

I *think* that's a violation of TOS...you can't sell slots from your account.

[quote name='intoxicated662']there's alot of good movies on there that the op needs to include, such as: gi joe, amityville 3-d, 2 fast 2 furious, hackers, crank 2: high voltage, aeon flux, the love guru.[/QUOTE]

I thought you said good movies :lol:

[quote name='camoor']I thought you said good movies :lol:[/QUOTE]
heh, i was thinking the same thing. gi joe was the exact opposite of good.

Netflix and NBC renegotiate - how does ALL 35 SEASONS of SNL sound? Not good enough? How about some BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, EUREKA, MONK and PSYCH sound? Read the OP for more info!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds great. I wonder if the new season of FNL will be added when it airs on DirecTV this fall or NBC in the spring.

edit: Oh, I see. In the spoilered news, it says "next year's final season".

Wow, that's pretty insane. Too bad SNL sucks ass these days... at least I can watch the good ones.

I highly recommend In Plain Sight. Not many people know about it, but it's a very good show.

[quote name='Scorch']Netflix and NBC renegotiate - how does ALL 35 SEASONS of SNL sound? Not good enough? How about some BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, EUREKA, MONK and PSYCH sound? Read the OP for more info!![/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't care about SNL but I would like to see more NBC shows on the service.

It'd be nice if they tossed a Tonight Show/Late Night with Conan archive up on there, but I'm sure they'll be keeping anything with Conan locked up for quite awhile.

Holy crap, every season of SNL? I can make beleive that it's the 70s-early 90s and SNL is good again!

Psyched for Psych. Just started watching this a few months ago, and it's been slow going via disc when there's newer stuff competing for a slot. Now I can catch up anytime. Woohoo!

Thanks to the OP for keeping the thread updated. My wife was complaining about having to go though them on the ps3 instead of just seeing a list on the computer.

bread's done
Back