Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='SEH']Anyone notice some episodes of Psych season two don't have voice tracks?[/QUOTE]

Just wait a few days. That happened when they released Curious Case of Benjamin Button for streaming. I tried watching it a day or two after it became available, and there was no sound. I tried again a week later, and it worked fine.

So I keep checking for the "episodes from every season of Saturday Night Live" that were supposed to be available for streaming last week but haven't seen them added yet. Was looking forward to seeing episodes from the 80's again.

[quote name='vader29']So I keep checking for the "episodes from every season of Saturday Night Live" that were supposed to be available for streaming last week but haven't seen them added yet. Was looking forward to seeing episodes from the 80's again.[/QUOTE]

They are there. Go to netflix.com and search + add them that way. If you're looking via Xbox, Xbox never seems to update the "New Arrivals" section until 3 weeks later, and they only show a handful of new additions.

[quote name='HydroX']They are there. Go to netflix.com and search + add them that way. If you're looking via Xbox, Xbox never seems to update the "New Arrivals" section until 3 weeks later, and they only show a handful of new additions.[/QUOTE]

I've been checking via the netflix.com site and the only season collections that come up are 1 thru 5 and 31 thru 36.

[quote name='Cantatus']I think Lost's streaming rights ended with the new television season. Fortunately, you can still watch every season on Hulu until the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I was able to finish up Season 5 last week. I think it's still showing up on my queue.

I can't believe i never tagged this thread. TAGGED

So only way to get first two episodes of Battlestar Galactica is through DVD? fucking lame.

That and watching the Devil May Cry anime I realize the new look for him is not so bad because it's NO WHERE as goddamn annoying as him being given a little girl to be his comedic mascot.

iOS Netflix app now supports playing on TV on iPhone 4 and 4G iPod touch via component/composite cable. Nifty. I won't need to cart the 360 or Wii upstairs. Too bad we don't have TV upstairs yet. :) More reason to consider it, though. Anyone tried it yet? How is the quality? Is it 720p?

[quote name='DT778']None of the Friday the 13th movies are streaming. Did they recently take them off?[/QUOTE]

They disappeared for me as well.

So did "My Bloody Valentine", which was up for like, 3 days. What gives, Netflix?

That being said, judging by the reviews, "Fred: The Movie" is pretty scary.

My favorite review : "SPOILER ALERT : You kill yourself in the end."

Random guess on that is sales of horror flicks like those probably spike around the Halloween holiday so maybe the studios pulled them from streaming this month in hopes more people will run out and by the DVDs/BluRays?

[quote name='crunchewy']iOS Netflix app now supports playing on TV on iPhone 4 and 4G iPod touch via component/composite cable. Nifty. I won't need to cart the 360 or Wii upstairs. Too bad we don't have TV upstairs yet. :) More reason to consider it, though. Anyone tried it yet? How is the quality? Is it 720p?[/QUOTE]

I had no idea so I just grabbed the program for iPhone 4. Watched 10 minutes of an episode of Family Guy and it was crystal clear with no jitter whatsoever. I'd assume it's 720p, or at least 720p quality since I have no idea what the resolution actually is on an iPhone. There goes any productivity I ever had at work...

How do you do video out over the phone?

[quote name='DT778']None of the Friday the 13th movies are streaming. Did they recently take them off?[/QUOTE]
They were only there for one month so they expired September 30th.

I heard that the version of Suspiria on netflix was the theatrical (I own the 3 disc dvd version so i have only seen the uncut version) , so I checked a little bit of it out. Wow, they butchered the film here. If anyone wants to check it out, here is the uncut version of the first kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zJGUUiG0c
Then watch it on netflix.

I've been watching season 2 of Better Off Ted. Can I just say that this is another one of those 'SON OF A BITCH WHY DIDN'T I WATCH IT' shows. If you like quirky yet smart humor, I can't recommend this show enough. This morning I actually spit on my monitor from laughing so hard.

I can't believe they pulled My Bloody Valentine. I had been wanting to watch that one, had it queued and ready, and now it's gone. Ugh.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I've been watching season 2 of Better Off Ted. Can I just say that this is another one of those 'SON OF A BITCH WHY DIDN'T I WATCH IT' shows. If you like quirky yet smart humor, I can't recommend this show enough. This morning I actually spit on my monitor from laughing so hard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they kinda screwed Better off Ted with odd unexplainable hiatuses of months or more.

Anyone hear anything about the PS3's built-in streaming? Supposedly they were doing away with the need to use a disc to stream, but I haven't heard anything about it in months. Was supposed to come out sometime in October.

I've got Netflix last week and have been loving it ever since. I've been marathoning the hell out of Arrested Development all week, not to mention I finally have something to watch when there's absolutely nothing on TV, which is most of the day.

I love that they're adding subtitles, so as long as they keep the same functionality (scrolling through my queue or categories from the description page) it should be a big upgrade over the current interface.

Okay so I have a question for mr scorch:
In december you have listed 6 things coming out. Has it been normal to only realease a few for the time being and then update it as December gets closer?

Seems really low as january there is like 20 or so already set to come out. I just hope there is more.

[quote name='Lice']In december you have listed 6 things coming out. Has it been normal to only realease a few for the time being and then update it as December gets closer?

Seems really low as january there is like 20 or so already set to come out. I just hope there is more.[/QUOTE]

That's correct. They usually reveal things a month prior, so expect December's list to grow throughout November. I'm not sure why they've already listed some things for 2011, though.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I can't believe they pulled My Bloody Valentine. I had been wanting to watch that one, had it queued and ready, and now it's gone. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

It is an absolutely awful movie with only one scene worth re-watching. You didn't miss much.

[quote name='Scorch']Updated.. Looks like all SNL related items are expiring on 11/15.. Dunno if Netflix will renew them or not![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry. Most of the stuff that is set to expire comes back the next day.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The human centipede is out :O[/QUOTE]

Watching that right now. Seriously, when you look at a script and you notice that 40-50% of the dialogue is screaming you need to go back to the drawing board and rewrite your script.

Personally I could do without the physical discs. I've kept things for a month just because I kept forgetting to send it back. I have to add thigns to my que just to have something for them to send.

[quote name='Clak']Watching They Live, how have I not seen this? It has Roddy Piper for crying out loud.[/QUOTE]

i love this movie going to watch it now

[quote name='Clak']Personally I could do without the physical discs. I've kept things for a month just because I kept forgetting to send it back. I have to add thigns to my que just to have something for them to send.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm glad to have a streaming only option so I don't feel like I need to have them send me a disc just to make use of it.

It seems like they just decided not to fit it within the current pricing structure, between the limited $4.99 and unlimited $8.99 options, and just set the price where it is as an excuse to increase the price of the tiers above it.

[quote name='bunk22']i love this movie going to watch it now[/QUOTE]

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.

bread's done
Back