Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='thrustbucket']did anyone else get a 6 meg update for netflix tonight?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what this update did.. I got it as well

I started a 1 month trial to watch a show that ended up not being on instant watch, but let me tell you, this is pretty neat. I finally got a chance to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Updated. All seasons of Scrubs coming February 15th along with Kyle XY.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time now available for instant streaming.

Some surprisingly quick titles coming soon including 24: Season 8, Karate Kid, Grown Ups, Monsters and Ong Bak 3.

[quote name='Scorch']Updated. All seasons of Scrubs coming February 15th along with Kyle XY.

Some surprisingly quick titles coming soon including 24: Season 8, Karate Kid, Grown Ups, Monsters and Ong Bak 3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Prince of Persia update. Wanted to check it out but didn't want to pay at redbox for it.

When does Grown Ups appear? Another I wanted to rent but didn't want to redbox.

Edit: Nevermind. I clicked on it and saw march 1st.

[quote name='Scorch']right. that was mentioned on the first page. I use that and IW and make a list that's easier to read.[/QUOTE]

What is IW (instant watch?)?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Always get a warm fuzzy to see someone new behold the beauty of the best show ever made.[/QUOTE]

Second the warm fuzzies. Might have to stream some favorite episodes, especially in light of this announcement of BSG: Blood & Chrome. A 2 hour pilot? Fingers crossed that it turns out well and that they bring it to streaming with due haste. Godspeed, gentlemen.

Anyone know if/when Merlin (BBC) will add other seasons to instant? Only the first one is up so far.

MWC is Married With Children, schuerm.

I haven't been using Netflix so much, lately, but thanks again for doing all this, Scorch.

As for the throttling issues, I haven't had any problems. As I said, I haven't used instant watch much lately, but I usually get 2 discs per week. I receive one on Wednesday, mail it back Thursday, get another on Saturday, mail it back Monday, and repeat.

[quote name='Scorch']Updated. All seasons of Scrubs coming February 15th along with Kyle XY.

Some surprisingly quick titles coming soon including 24: Season 8, Karate Kid, Grown Ups, Monsters and Ong Bak 3.[/QUOTE]

Scrubs!!! omg...finally!! I haven't seen the last two seasons...!

[quote name='super_dawn']Scrubs!!! omg...finally!! I haven't seen the last two seasons...![/QUOTE]
I have seen them and they aren't as funny as the seasons on NBC.

[quote name='cdeener']I have seen them and they aren't as funny as the seasons on NBC.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that! I still feel like I need to at least see it through to the end.

I'd also like to see Smallville on NetflixInstant. Another show I only saw the first 5 seasons of....this is all because of my days working at hwv and free rentals.

[quote name='super_dawn']

I'd also like to see Smallville on NetflixInstant. Another show I only saw the first 5 seasons of....this is all because of my days working at hwv and free rentals.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd would love to catch up on Smallville, but only in HD..I know HDnet is playing it , but I don't have time to watch it in the morning.

TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT needs to be on Netflix.

Sorry if it was posted already but I everyone should check out "Exit Thru The Gift Shop" a great documentary on street art and about the man who filmed it.

[quote name='super_dawn']Scrubs!!! omg...finally!! I haven't seen the last two seasons...![/QUOTE]

Season 8 was okay. The first few episodes of season 9 were okay. You'd do best to stop watching at the end of season 8. The last two episodes (My Finale, part 1 and 2) were just.. perfect.

[quote name='Shimmra']Sorry if it was posted already but I everyone should check out "Exit Thru The Gift Shop" a great documentary on street art and about the man who filmed it.[/quote]

That's the one about Banksy, right? I've heard nothing but good things.. I've even heard the phrase "best movie of the year" thrown around a few times.

[quote name='Scorch']Season 8 was okay. The first few episodes of season 9 were okay. You'd do best to stop watching at the end of season 8. The last two episodes (My Finale, part 1 and 2) were just.. perfect.

That's the one about Banksy, right? I've heard nothing but good things.. I've even heard the phrase "best movie of the year" thrown around a few times.[/QUOTE]

second that. watch it. you will love. Such an amazing movie the way it's just presented. REALLY entertaining.

[quote name='Shimrra']Sorry if it was posted already but I everyone should check out "Exit Thru The Gift Shop" a great documentary on street art and about the man who filmed it.[/QUOTE]

Exit Thru The Gift Shop is excellent. Definitely in my top 5 for films last year. You can also watch it through Hulu at the moment, however, they only have it in SD and you have to pay up for their shitty Hulu Plus to get the HD now.

Another excellent art documentary is The Art of the Steal. After watching it, you'll never think about wills in the same way, or how - and i'm sorry to say this - Philadelphia is run by a bunch of assholes.

Scrubs is up! I feel oddly compelled to watch them all via instant streaming even though the DVD's are not even 20 feet away from me.

[quote name='Scorch']Season 8 was okay. The first few episodes of season 9 were okay. You'd do best to stop watching at the end of season 8. The last two episodes (My Finale, part 1 and 2) were just.. perfect.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I didn't even bother with season 9 as the ending of Season 8 was perfect.

Hmm... I am wondering if ER will ever hit Instant? Wouldn't mind catching up on that show.

BTW..finally finished the first season of BSG. Wow.. very intricate stories.

Am I the only one who didn't love Exit Thru The Gift Shop or even think that it wasn't that great for the matter? I liked it for what it was, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that wasn't already in to documentaries or street art or documentaries about street art and I definitely wouldn't put it in a movie of the year category like so many did last year.

Adding, but probably will never get around to watching, That 70's Show, Scrubs, and the last season of 24.

[quote name='Indignate']Am I the only one who didn't love Exit Thru The Gift Shop or even think that it wasn't that great for the matter? I liked it for what it was, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that wasn't already in to documentaries or street art or documentaries about street art and I definitely wouldn't put it in a movie of the year category like so many did last year.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. I didn't care for it much either. It was interesting, but when it deviated from Banksy I began to lose interest. The entire Mr. Brainwash bit wore thin on me, especially since so much of his work seemed to copy so many other modern artists.

Again, that was the point Banksy was making. How the modern art scene is all about hype and people going out to be seen etc. moreso than the quality of the art or talent of the artist.

But yeah, I do agree with Indignate that I wouldn't recommend it to my friends who aren't into documentaries, indie films, art etc. as I don't think it's a very accessible movie for the average Joe who isn't already interested in those things.

Nope. I didn't care for it much either. It was interesting, but when it deviated from Banksy I began to lose interest. The entire Mr. Brainwash bit wore thin on me, especially since so much of his work seemed to copy so many other modern artists.

I have to agree. That part really pissed me off and made the movie fall apart.

It does seem like a movie that doc and indie people would enjoy more than anything.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but I highly recommend the Korean movie "Chaser". It's being remade here in America. Catch it before they screw it up.

Good reviews also from the likes of Roger Ebert.

If no one has done it lately, pop on "Silverado". Great flick from the writer of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

By the by, has anyone been having issues viewing WiN on PC lately? There seems to be a problem with my Silverlight plug-in that I can't fix.

Well, get in your HD Criterion watching in. Seems Criterion is leaving Netflix instant streaming and heading over to Hulu. Plus side is SD is now free (Yay! Goodie, bad news is those who watched on their computers/PS3/Xbox/etc. will not have HD included anymore. Still not paying for Hulu Plus.

http://techland.time.com/2011/02/17/hulu-takes-over-streaming-criterion-collection-from-netflix/

http://blog.hulu.com/2011/02/15/a-gift-for-movie-lovers-criterion-collection-joins-hulu-plus/

Edit: I made a mistake. SD won't be free for Criterions at Hulu. Another reason to be pissed off at Hulu. What a dumb move on the part of Criterion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already into Season 2.5 of BSG.... my god it keeps on getting better and better. I'm already at the episode where the two battlestars fighters nearly go at it...some serious tension.... damn

Also does Starbuck
fuck every guy she meets in the series? Seems like it's heading that way. And do any of the original BSG members guest star in any of the episodes?

[quote name='utopianmachine']If Netflix would have closed captions on streaming, I'd be a happy girl.[/QUOTE]

Same here. They were supposed to have them at least a year ago I think.

Been watching a lot of Prison Break. While I hate Brett Ratner, the show is very addicting. Lots of "yeah, whatever" moments because it's definitely got Ratner's stamp on it, but still a very enjoyable show.

[quote name='HydroX']Been watching a lot of Prison Break. While I hate Brett Ratner, the show is very addicting. Lots of "yeah, whatever" moments because it's definitely got Ratner's stamp on it, but still a very enjoyable show.[/QUOTE]

It's absurdism at its best but it's definitely entertaining.

Anyone know if Life On Mars ends in a cliffhanger or unresolved? I know it was canceled and I don't want to bother if it just abruptly ends. I've hard it was good though so I'm curious...

[quote name='javeryh']I was wondering about the US version - plus if I read summaries I'll get spoiled...[/QUOTE]

it ends weirdly but resolved.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']it ends weirdly[/QUOTE]

That's a fucking understatement. It's very obvious they had to throw something together at the last minute when they found out they weren't getting a second season. It's better than ending on a cliffhanger, but it is way out there. As a whole, I liked the show a lot.

anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?

[quote name='schuerm26']anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?[/QUOTE]

I would always start shows at the beginning incase I got hooked and wanted to see all of them. My fiance just finished the all seasons of it.

[quote name='schuerm26']anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?[/QUOTE]

Definitely start from the beginning - some of the best episodes are in the first season. Plus, it lays out the mythology of the show. If you are going to skip anything you should skip seasons 8 and 9 (after Mulder and then Scully were no longer series regulars).

bread's done
Back