Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='mtxbass1']Did anyone elses recently watched list disappear from the 360 interface? It was there yesterday and gone today...[/QUOTE]

It's been removed.. they're testing new layouts on the PS3, so I guess they're making changes to the 360 one. Recently Watched has been gone on my 360 for almost a week now :(

[quote name='Scorch']It's been removed.. they're testing new layouts on the PS3, so I guess they're making changes to the 360 one. Recently Watched has been gone on my 360 for almost a week now :([/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not for me.

Yeah, I noticed recently watched was gone tonight as well. My internet died in the middle of watching a movie and had to go back through my queue to find it.

Hope they don't take it permanently away.

Is there any date on when Star Trek TOS comes back to Netflix IS? I only got about halfway through the first season by the time they removed it, so I'd love to continue where I left off.

Might have to actually watch some Star Trek if it's coming to streaming.. I've never even seen a full episode (maybe a few minutes) and I'm a sci-fi fan... :)

Only seen the first movie, and the reboot as well

Up until recently, I've never had problems with it chugging and loading, but the last few movies I've watched, I've had to let it buffer. Girl who kicked the hornet's nest loaded for like 10 minutes, and Freakonomics loaded for like 2 minutes.

Must be my connection.

If CBS is streaming all these shows, why not How I Met Your Mother??? That show is forever missing from free-to-watch On Demand lists :bomb:

Eh whatever, I'll be happy to check out Star Trek TOS.

Netflix finally locked down my account to one streaming device at a time. I was doing some work and watching scrubs on my PC, and my wife went into the bedroom to watch the cosby show, and it wouldn't let her, saying that there were already two movies being played.

I may have to upgrade to the two disc plan, just so we can both watch something.

I just got netflix a few days ago (switched from blockbuster) and I'm wondering if there is a way to make the quality stay at the highest level when instant streaming. My internet isn't fast enough so I usually only get 1 or 2 bars on HD movies. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='javeryh']OK people, start listing the best documentaries available for streaming.... go![/QUOTE]

Exit Through The Gift Shop
Waiting for Superman
The Heart Is A Drum Machine (though it's almost more of a concert)
The John Walter's one is great as well
This Film Is Not Yet Rated

[quote name='nasum']
Waiting for Superman
[/QUOTE]

thats available?

good, i can take it off my queue which has it as "very long wait" right now.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']thats available?

good, i can take it off my queue which has it as "very long wait" right now.[/QUOTE]

It's a good documentary IMHO... it's too bad my school county won't watch it as it could have been featured in this as a prime example of how not to run a school system.

Yeah, that's old news as it was done for the DVDs and was a reason there was some delay in DVDs coming out years ago. They lost the licensing for it and couldn't afford to pay for some of it for the DVDs.

I know in the earlier seasons they had to change a few songs in a few scenes, but I'm talking about completely new instances.. For instance, there's a scene where Ted gets the upper hand on Bob Kelso.. he raises his arm, and on the DVD release and network broadcast, it plays "(Don't You) Forget About Me", a nod to The Breakfast Club. The music is not there on the Netflix stream.

Also, when
JD and Elliot hook up for one of the first times
, on the DVD and network broadcast, it plays The Coral - Dreaming Of You .. on the Netflix stream, it plays "Dirty Minds" by Here Comes The Mummies.

In both instances, it kills the scene entirely.

(warning: Kinda NSFW.. lots of Sarah Chalke half-naked goodness)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq-EiCgTWyg

Now imagine that scene with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL0jWVS2u2A

Dreaming Of You was PERFECT for that scene..

I found another instance - they changed the background music, which I always thought was composed specifically for the show, in the scene where Turk imagines that Carla and Molly Clock are both lesbians and about to hook up.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']thats available?

good, i can take it off my queue which has it as "very long wait" right now.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not available on streaming. I literally just got the DVD yesterday for it after it had been in my queue for a few weeks. Pretty excited to see it actually.

Edit: My "Recently Watched" Queue came back last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, in that case I guess they paid royalties for DVDs for some songs but couldn't afford them for the streaming licensed versions. Moot for me as I have all seasons on DVD (well Season 8 on blu, season 9 I pretend doesn't exist). I don't pay a ton of attention to music/score anyway so I'd never notice the difference if I didn't watch the different episode versions back to back.

The worst music replacement ever has to be "Love and Marriage" being removed from Married with Children. What they replaced it with is just awful.

[quote name='Clak']The worst music replacement ever has to be "Love and Marriage" being removed from Married with Children. What they replaced it with is just awful.[/QUOTE]

They did WHAT!?...

Blasphemy!:twoguns:

King of the Hill is coming off Instant on April 1. A bit sad for me since I like a little bit of KotH humor throughout my week.

[quote name='CaliSmokeDogg']They did WHAT!?...

Blasphemy!:twoguns:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, all the season sets and streaming have had it replaced. It's some horrible imitation. Blame the Sinatra family.

[quote name='ced']King of the Hill is coming off Instant on April 1. A bit sad for me since I like a little bit of KotH humor throughout my week.[/QUOTE]

BOOO! I'm not happy to hear that, I've been hooked to that and watching futurama!!

[quote name='Clak']The worst music replacement ever has to be "Love and Marriage" being removed from Married with Children. What they replaced it with is just awful.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, it baffles me that they actually replaced it.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Adventures of Pete and Pete would be PERFECT for this service since S3 hasn't been released on DVD.[/QUOTE]
That would be AMAZING.

Got my own question answered! Apparently a lot of people are having a lot of issues with the latest version of Silverlight. I was able to find an old version and install it and now I can WiN on my PC again!

I've been watching Reaper Season 1. Great show if you liked Dead Like Me or Wonderfalls. Too bad it was cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Yeah I loved that show. Soc was the man. I think it went down hill when they went too much into the mythology of the whole thing with the demons and the devil. It was funny when you find out the gay neighbors are demons but once they showed the generic demonic form the show jumped the shark and lost its charm.

I just watched Dexter Season 1 and 2 and I gotta say I'm hooked. Its weird to watch because I'm a bit narcissistic, border-lining on being a sociopath. I sort of live life like he does with a inner monologue that points out the irony of whats going on around me.

Just started watching Lost seasons 1 & 2....damn this might rival The Wire and Breaking Bad as my favorite shows of all the time...im hooked like crack on this show! Hope they bring out seasons 3-6 on instant streaming soon. 3 episodes left in season 2 and im gonna need my fix soon

[quote name='headlikeahole']Just started watching Lost seasons 1 & 2....damn this might rival The Wire and Breaking Bad as my favorite shows of all the time...im hooked like crack on this show! Hope they bring out seasons 3-6 on instant streaming soon. 3 episodes left in season 2 and im gonna need my fix soon[/QUOTE]

All six seasons are on there already.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this or I am behind, but a bunch of Anime has been added. I am re-watching the entire Initial D series in the new English Dub.

[quote name='FroMann']I don't know if anyone mentioned this or I am behind, but a bunch of Anime has been added. I am re-watching the entire Initial D series in the new English Dub.[/QUOTE]

more jerk material for some of you :bouncy: start whaling away @ any opportunity...just don't wake anyone up :roll: Any news on when they'll be adding more content from the companies they struck a deal with a few months back? Think it was hbo, showtime and a few others.

So the COMPLETE Larry Sanders is now Instant Play. This is BIG news, bigger than Twin Peaks becoming available.

If you've never seen Larry Sanders, take this Netflix opportunity to get to know it. It's amazing how well this show holds up.

Don't go in with any expectations for Larry Sanders. It's a good show and well worth your time (and even gets better as it goes along), but if you watch episode 1 expecting the best show ever, you'll probably say "...that's it?" when it's over.

It does hold up very well, though.

I can't watch the opening and closing of that show on Netflix. I can't even let it play if I leave the room. So fucking annoying. It's interesting that all the other licensed music is intact within the shows themselves - including, oddly enough, "Love and Marriage" on the first "Seven" episode.

Speaking of which, that kid had to be the weirdest character addition to a show ever. then they just kind of had him disappear after a while.

bread's done
Back