Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

I've been burning through Friday Night Lights (Wow, what a truly excellent show!) because they expire on October 1st. But I see S4 says "coming soon". Anybody know when it's set to become available? And does the NBC deal mean S5 will be streaming recently aired episodes or will we have to wait until a DVD set comes out?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I've been burning through Friday Night Lights (Wow, what a truly excellent show!) because they expire on October 1st. But I see S4 says "coming soon". Anybody know when it's set to become available? And does the NBC deal mean S5 will be streaming recently aired episodes or will we have to wait until a DVD set comes out?[/QUOTE]

This is all the press release said

* All prior seasons – and eventually next year's final season – of "Friday Night Lights," the small-town drama surrounding high-school football in Dillon, Tex.

[quote name='Jedi1979']BSG better be in HD, I dont understand why most of the newer movies they have arent in HD[/QUOTE]

Probably because these studios want more $$$ for the HD versions and Netflix can't afford it without passing the cost down to us...... I mean come on for 9 bucks we get all that stuff anyways.....but I can see how Netflix can jack the price up for this.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, will be good for checking out the musical guests if nothing else![/QUOTE]

Do we know for sure the music will be included? What's on the service at the moment is specifically called, for example, "2005/2006 - The Skits." I was assuming anything that's not on there yet would be the same thing applied to different years, but I'm just guessing.

[quote name='Clak']Holy crap, every season of SNL? I can make beleive that it's the 70s-early 90s and SNL is good again![/QUOTE]

Or maybe we'll find out it wasn't a great as we thought. ;) I don't really know. I am a tad scared to watch them again, though....

I watched Hoarders Season 1 on Netflix this weekend and I'm hooked. It's simply fascinating to see the way these people live. What we see as trash and junk they see as valuable items that they can't live without and they might "need" in the future such as a 7-11 Slurpee cup and year old yogurt.

Btw, everybody owes it to themselves to watch the Grabage Pail Kids movie. It will set your standards so low that every other movie will be Emmy Award winning in comparison.

-edit- Alright Oscar worthy, whatever. Either way, watch the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clak']Btw, everybody owes it to themselves to watch the Grabage Pail Kids movie. It will set your standards so low that every other movie will be Emmy Award winning in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Emmys are tv awards :p

I was sick for a few weeks and didn't even have the energy to play a handheld game. So Cyric set me up with netflix, so I could watch something (I don't have cable and hardly have any dvds/BRs).

Looks like I managed to catch Miami Vice just in time, as it's not on their streaming content any longer. At least I managed to relive that great moment when they blew up the "ferrari daytona." (it was actually a corvette with a kit... Ferrari sued them over that, which is why they had to dump that as the car, and Ferrari generously supplied the Testerosa which replaced it. What's classic about all that is that the real Ferrari was so expensive for the show to maintain, they wound up putting an american engine in it eventually. So it became another pseudo Ferrari. :lol:)

It's nice, I can watch the 80s/90s Sherlock Holmes series by Granada with Jeremy Brett. Wish they had more british mysteries. Oh, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 1 is on streaming, that's good too. Gonna watch To Live and Die in LA in a moment, now that I see that's available.

It's funny comparing my queue and what I've watched and the addition Cyric made to the queue... me: sherlock holmes, hitchcock, top gear (british car show), Up, Ponyo. Him: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (he tells me it's a classic, and a brilliantly funny film)

Oh my goodness. :rofl:

I'm open to streaming recommendations. I don't know many modern (1995- now) movies or tv shows.

The Garbage Pail Kids movie was like a live action Muppet Babies with snot and writing that wasn't as clever. Not even sure I liked it as a little kid, and I was obsessed with the cards.

That said, the concept of a "State Home For The Ugly" is a solid idea.

I love the Brett Holmes series, they come on PBS sometimes too. Last time I checked they had the entire X-Files series on streaming.

[quote name='HydroX']Wow, that's pretty insane. Too bad SNL sucks ass these days... at least I can watch the good ones.

I highly recommend In Plain Sight. Not many people know about it, but it's a very good show.[/QUOTE]

This past weekend's premier had tons of funny stuff, including Jay Pharoah's Will Smith impersonation, and there was a lot of Katy Perry's big ass tittays bouncing around.

[quote name='guinaevere']I was sick for a few weeks and didn't even have the energy to play a handheld game. So Cyric set me up with netflix, so I could watch something (I don't have cable and hardly have any dvds/BRs).

Looks like I managed to catch Miami Vice just in time, as it's not on their streaming content any longer. At least I managed to relive that great moment when they blew up the "ferrari daytona." (it was actually a corvette with a kit... Ferrari sued them over that, which is why they had to dump that as the car, and Ferrari generously supplied the Testerosa which replaced it. What's classic about all that is that the real Ferrari was so expensive for the show to maintain, they wound up putting an american engine in it eventually. So it became another pseudo Ferrari. :lol:)

It's nice, I can watch the 80s/90s Sherlock Holmes series by Granada with Jeremy Brett. Wish they had more british mysteries. Oh, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 1 is on streaming, that's good too. Gonna watch To Live and Die in LA in a moment, now that I see that's available.

It's funny comparing my queue and what I've watched and the addition Cyric made to the queue... me: sherlock holmes, hitchcock, top gear (british car show), Up, Ponyo. Him: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (he tells me it's a classic, and a brilliantly funny film)

Oh my goodness. :rofl:

I'm open to streaming recommendations. I don't know many modern (1995- now) movies or tv shows.[/QUOTE]

Heroes Season 1. Queue it up now. Watch the time fly. Best season of tv ever.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Heroes Season 1. Queue it up now. Watch the time fly. Best season of tv ever.[/QUOTE]

I blame Netflix for getting my gf hooked on Heroes. She caught up on all 3 seasons when she was home for weeks recovering from her surgery.

Just downgraded my Netflix plan from 3 out to 1 since i found myself mostly just streaming. Currently watching through all of Bones in HD - Halfway through the 4th season

End result(though not entirely Netflix's fault) - I'll be watching discs for the next two days...

High-Speed Internet Data Usage

248GB of 250GB
99%
As of 9/29/2010*

[quote name='Matt Young']This past weekend's premier had tons of funny stuff, including Jay Pharoah's Will Smith impersonation, and there was a lot of Katy Perry's big ass tittays bouncing around.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, don't tell me that. I don't have cable right now so I've been slacking behind on episodes. I missed the majority of the start of season 2, going forward.

I've wanted to download them, but if they'll be on Netflix here soon I'll just wait it out.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm open to streaming recommendations. I don't know many modern (1995- now) movies or tv shows.[/QUOTE]

Dead Like Me is a fun show to pass the time with. Just don't watch the movie no matter what you do.

Got done with a Friday the 13th marathon. Man, forgot the big leap the movies go in being SUPER campy once Jason Lives! is released and from there on out.

From what Feedfliks says, looks like every season of Married... with Children is being added to Netflix.

fuck YEAH!!!!!!

[quote name='HydroX']From what Feedfliks says, looks like every season of Married... with Children is being added to Netflix.

fuck YEAH!!!!!![/QUOTE]

AWE-SOME!

I went through a period of waking up at 5 in the morning to watch season 1-3 when they were playing on TBS. Life before DVR and Netflix :lol:

- edit And it looks like they are finally adding Lexx Season 1-4 on the 15th.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just downgraded my Netflix plan from 3 out to 1 since i found myself mostly just streaming. Currently watching through all of Bones in HD - Halfway through the 4th season

End result(though not entirely Netflix's fault) - I'll be watching discs for the next two days...

High-Speed Internet Data Usage

248GB of 250GB
99%
As of 9/29/2010*[/QUOTE]

Yea I was on the 2 disc at a time plan, then switched over to 1 disc. My gf and I use to watch a LOT of movies/shows last year but this year it's been so so. Who's monitoring/capping your bandwidth?

The word on the street is that a streaming-only subscription is going to come to the US. I'm going to stay on the 1 disc at a time plan, though, as there are certainly movies and shows we want to see that aren't available for streaming yet.

Yep, I'd never ditch my discs for the foreseeable future. Too many things not on streaming, and for a lot of movies I want to watch in Blu Ray to get the best quality.

yeah im on the 1 disc plan. there arent enough movies that i want to see to justify any more than that. i have plenty in my queue, but as it is i often sit on a disc for a week or so. streaming is where its at.

checked out the episodes for BSG this morning. glad its on there, but a little sad that the miniseries/pilot isnt. looks like just about every episode is, but no movies. there are a couple of episodes missing randomly, i guess to get you to queue the discs or buy them.

I have a ton of stuff on my queue--more than enough to justify more than one disc out at a time.

Just don't have the time to watch more than 1 or 2 movies a week! Plus when I had a 2 or 3 out plan, even when I had more time, I was never watching any of the 300+ movies I own so that was bothering me as well.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have a ton of stuff on my queue--more than enough to justify more than one disc out at a time.

Just don't have the time to watch more than 1 or 2 movies a week! Plus when I had a 2 or 3 out plan, even when I had more time, I was never watching any of the 300+ movies I own so that was bothering me as well.[/QUOTE]

my queue is basically movies i wanted to see but didnt see in the theaters, and those dont come out so often that my queue is constantly building up.

i do have a number of classics (cult and traditional) on there that ive never seen, but they never seem to move up in the queue.

Yeah, my queue has never been under 100 since I joined years back. With all the new movies coming out that I don't see in theaters (rarely go anymore) plus classics, indie films, foreign films, documentaries, tv series etc. I never have any shortage of things in my disc or instant queues. Just a shortage of time to watch it all!

[quote name='Sporadic']AWE-SOME!

I went through a period of waking up at 5 in the morning to watch season 1-3 when they were playing on TBS. Life before DVR and Netflix :lol:

- edit And it looks like they are finally adding Lexx Season 1-4 on the 15th.[/QUOTE]
They're up! No more watching them on hulu with commercials.

So I just gutted my queue of movies that I think I'll never get to watching to fit all this other new stuff that I will never get around to watch. Go Netflix!

On the plus side, added In Plain Sight, Psych and Married... With Children to the list. Mercy isn't a bad show either, especially if you're looking for something that the girlfriend/wife will enjoy that you won't exactly hate.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm open to streaming recommendations. I don't know many modern (1995- now) movies or tv shows.[/QUOTE]

TV Shows:
Arrested Development
Dead Like Me (and then Pushing Daisies if you like this)
Better Off Ted
Dexter
Firefly

That should be enough to get you started anyways. :)

Is Lost on streaming? I never got into that show but probably would like it. Edit: Only season 5.

I tried streaming inside deep throat and it just showed a static image but the audio played like it was playing. I wonder if they fixed it.

What anime is on streaming?

[quote name='2DMention']Is Lost on streaming? I never got into that show but probably would like it. Edit: Only season 5.

I tried streaming inside deep throat and it just showed a static image but the audio played like it was playing. I wonder if they fixed it.

What anime is on streaming?[/QUOTE]

are you sure only season 5? i could have sword they had the first 5, if not that must have just changed.

Yeah, I just checked the site, only season 5 is streaming now. They must have taken the others down. You're right that 1-5 were all up a few months ago.

I think Lost's streaming rights ended with the new television season. Fortunately, you can still watch every season on Hulu until the end of the year.

[quote name='Scorch']Netflix and NBC renegotiate - how does ALL 35 SEASONS of SNL sound? Not good enough? How about some BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, EUREKA, MONK and PSYCH sound? Read the OP for more info!![/QUOTE]

I really don't think it is EVERY EPISODE of SNL. There was a discussion over on another forum and they seem to agree that the official press release does NOT state this.

They will have hundreds of episodes streaming but with the show having a 35 year history you can take 6 episodes per season and come to 200+ shows.

Press Release here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-series-new-to-netflix-members-103694809.html

which includes

Episodes from every season of NBC's signature comedy franchise "Saturday Night Live," including day-after broadcast of the upcoming 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons plus hundreds of episodes from the first 35 years of "SNL."

That's different than EVERY Episode from EVERY SEASON it's just "Episodes from..."

[quote name='Sporadic']boo they replaced the theme music on every Married With Children episode :cry:[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the first two seasons should still have the original theme song. It's not much but at least it's there.

[quote name='Indignate']From what I understand, the first two seasons should still have the original theme song. It's not much but at least it's there.[/QUOTE]

I watched the first episode of season 1 the other night and they replaced the original theme in it also.

bread's done
Back