Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='HydroX']Sons of Anarchy seasons 1 and 2 start streaming on Netflix on 4/1/2011 as well.

I very highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoyed The Sopranos, The Shield, or if you enjoy good television in general. This show will NOT be a waste of your time, I guarantee it.[/QUOTE]

x1000000000. It is better than the Sopranos - if this show was on HBO it would be HUGE. It is so good - I can't recommend it enough. I want to join an MC even though I will never ever ride one of those things AND I'm a pussy.

[quote name='Scorch']I'll be updating the main post this weekend, but I wanted to let you guys know that on April 1st, most of Fox's content is expiring and as of right now, will be pulled from instant streaming (including all seasons of 24, King of the Hill, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Roswell, X-Files, Bones, Angel, Arrested Development, My Name is Earl and Prison Break). I'm sure they'll re-new their contract or something, but as of right now, it's scheduled to be pulled off the service April 1st.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I have 10 episodes to go in Roswell but I don't think I'll get them all in by 4/1. That blows.

I didn't really like SoA, and I watched it from the first episode. Ron Perlman is great though, I just didn't care for the show.

Netflix struck a deal with Miramax this morning.. lots of new content on the way. I will be updating the main post tonight.

anyone have any suggestions for a router that is pretty good at streaming netflix (mine decided it didn't wanna work anymore)?

I've been looking at getting the linksys e2000, price range is $70~$100, if anyone has anything they could think of off the top of their head that would be awesome.

[quote name='Javery']Dammit. I have 10 episodes to go in Roswell but I don't think I'll get them all in by 4/1. That blows.[/QUOTE]

Wait, isn't Roswell a CW show? Or is that owned by FOX?

I just heard the week-old news about Showtime pulling content :cry:. Though I'm throughly caught up with Dexter, Netflix introduced me to Californication, so it's sad that I'll have to continue that show elsewhere.

However,
[quote name='HydroX']Sons of Anarchy seasons 1 and 2 start streaming on Netflix on 4/1/2011 as well.
it.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to see this show for a while!

finally had time to update it.. hope you guys like the current content that's up, there's not much coming soon. I'll keep an eye out for when they get around to adding the Miramax stuff.

The good news is that Netflix renewed their contract with Fox.. at least, I'm assuming, considering all the Fox content is still up.

My wife was very excited to find out that bones was still up, since she only recently started watching the show.

I just joined Netflix on Friday, and I'm wondering why I didn't join sooner.

Any of you netflix members know of any good K-Dramas that are on streaming?

[quote name='emg28']Good times. It's a shame that The Wonder Years was never released on DVD due to the music rights. I still cherish the bootleg copy that I bought online.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the music will be changed for the streaming episodes. There were two official releases, neither of which were seasons: one was a christmas DVD, the other one was a "best of". I had a copy of the "best of" laying around and was trying to clear out some stuff.. looked on Amazon and promptly sold mine. It was used.. managed to get $95 for it!

I recommend checking out Malice in Wonderland. This was a good British rendition of the classic tale with a modernized spin and dark undertones.

headline mentioned his name, but really it's the setpieces and how well they captured the zeitgeist that make the show watchable.

I watched the first season and liked it, I'm not chomping at the bit to watch the rest, though I probably would go through it rather quickly if it streamed.

[quote name='nasum']headline mentioned his name, but really it's the setpieces and how well they captured the zeitgeist that make the show watchable.

I watched the first season and liked it, I'm not chomping at the bit to watch the rest, though I probably would go through it rather quickly if it streamed.[/QUOTE]

I thought the two reasons you were talking about were Christina Hendricks' titties.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I thought the two reasons you were talking about were Christina Hendricks' titties.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely the reason. :drool:

hendricksa.jpg

Good news about Mad Men. Have been wanting to check it out. Hopefully will get time too this summer when I get caught up on some movies and other shows on the DVR etc.

Agree with the above about the Walking Dead. I don't get AMC HD (directv doesn't offer it yet) so I hate watching it on the DVR in standard def.

There are lots of Eddie Izzard's stand up specials up, he's great if you haven't seen any of his stuff.

I think Netflix needs to put out new movies and shows every Tuesday, I am so sick of seeing the same shows and movies everytime I check recently added.

[quote name='Clak']The worst music replacement ever has to be "Love and Marriage" being removed from Married with Children. What they replaced it with is just awful.[/QUOTE]

I've slowly been making my way through the entire series since it was added to streaming. Check out the last 40 seconds or so of Season 10 / Ep 23 for a nice surprise/"oops."

[quote name='koolhand nick']I think Netflix needs to put out new movies and shows every Tuesday, I am so sick of seeing the same shows and movies everytime I check recently added.[/QUOTE]

That's why you need to checkout feedflix.com

I use it all the time and bookmark movies and stuff so I know when they are coming.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']That's why you need to checkout feedflix.com

I use it all the time and bookmark movies and stuff so I know when they are coming.[/QUOTE]

That site is near unusable. It's just a dump. I can't even click on a genre and look at just those films. The only thing I can do is change the sort order. Or am I missing something?

Plus I foolishly clicked on the thing to give it netflix access and now I want it removed and yet when I go to netflix.com and look at the applications that I've given access, it's not listed. I hope this is just a matter of it taking a little while for new apps to show up. I want to remove it's access for sure.

That's the point of this thread. I merge info from various sites so you don't have to deal with crappy site layouts and checking multiple sites.

For anyone who likes Uk comedies, stick Saxondale on your instant watch list, you may need to give it a couple of eps but it's very funny.

Starting July 1, Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise will all be available in their entirety. And on October 1, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will join the fray. The episodes will be be available for at least two years, and Netflix has the option to extend that deal for another two years after that.

Thanks to mitch079 for the link, I just saw Toy Story 3 is now on instant watch. Wife is excited to watch the third one again.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Thanks to mitch079 for the link, I just saw Toy Story 3 is now on instant watch. Wife is excited to watch the third one again.[/QUOTE]

That's listed in the op, too, you know.. Lol.

Anyway, thanks for the new link :) sometimes I still miss a few so this will help me with the "new to streaming" section.

[quote name='Scorch']That's listed in the op, too, you know.. Lol.

Anyway, thanks for the new link :) sometimes I still miss a few so this will help me with the "new to streaming" section.[/QUOTE]

Oops. :whistle2:# I didn't realize that the op had all of that info. I usually look at recommendations from latest page. I will have to try and pay more attention to that, thanks.

[quote name='Scorch']Starting July 1, Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise will all be available in their entirety. And on October 1, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will join the fray. The episodes will be be available for at least two years, and Netflix has the option to extend that deal for another two years after that.[/QUOTE]
Good news, though three months to continue watching TOS might make me just watch the episodes online.

[quote name='GhostShark']So I've watched 20 episode of Sons of Anarchy already. Good lord, that's one damn fine show.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']Sons of Anarchy is great. Just started last night and I'm addicted.[/QUOTE]

I've been hooked since the other day. I started watching it on Tuesday and am on the 3rd or 4th episode. I wish season 3 was on there, because I'll probably finish season 2 this week.

[quote name='Scorch']Starting July 1, Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise will all be available in their entirety. And on October 1, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will join the fray. The episodes will be be available for at least two years, and Netflix has the option to extend that deal for another two years after that.[/QUOTE]

I have all of TNG on DVD, but I've never watched DS9 all the way through. I've seen episodes here and there but I just never got hooked. So I'll definitely watch when it's get added, annoyed about the extra time though.

bread's done
Back