Nevada anyone?

Wow, lots of Las Vegas CAGs here.
We might be moving there after this lease is up ..in Nov 2010 :(

Don't know why I'm posting this :lol:
I'm just excited!

Aw, really? Why's that?
I just need a huge change from this NJ shit. I love the Vegas weather and I love being close to places like Phoenix, and California, and the Grand Canyon, etc.

It also is a buttload cheaper out there compared to where I am :shock:

Been lookin at apt complexes online and I feel so ripped off now. All the apt's out there are like $700-$850 for 1-2 bedrooms, balconies/patios, washer/dryer in unit... :lol: It's crazy that anything that's $750 around here is only $750 because it's in a ghetto or bad area.

I did a random sweep of the local Super Pawns and for the first time ever it paid off!

Lunar:SSSC and Lunar 2 for $2.50 each (complete with all the extra goodies still in plastic!)

[quote name='Reiniku']I did a random sweep of the local Super Pawns and for the first time ever it paid off!

Lunar:SSSC and Lunar 2 for $2.50 each (complete with all the extra goodies still in plastic!)[/QUOTE]

Nice find. What side of town was that? I haven't been in a pawn shop in the past 8 months.

[quote name='djsmf435']anyone know which game crazys are closing in town? Not that there are many left....[/quote]
Game Crazy - 2630 Windmill Pky., Henderson, NV 89074
&
Game Crazy - 3300 E. Flamingo Rd. ste 26, Las Vegas, NV 89121

[quote name='lilboo']Aw, really? Why's that?
I just need a huge change from this NJ shit. I love the Vegas weather and I love being close to places like Phoenix, and California, and the Grand Canyon, etc.

It also is a buttload cheaper out there compared to where I am :shock:

Been lookin at apt complexes online and I feel so ripped off now. All the apt's out there are like $700-$850 for 1-2 bedrooms, balconies/patios, washer/dryer in unit... :lol: It's crazy that anything that's $750 around here is only $750 because it's in a ghetto or bad area.[/QUOTE]

ahhh i hate to be the pessimist here, but vegas is mostly a shithole. alot of violence and stupid crime, some really bad parts of town no one ever wants to be anywhere near. mortgage crisis problems, unemployment and illegal immigrants staking their claim all over. music scene here is ass backwards and mostly everybody is a flake. im just totally stuck here, as i am not going back 'home' to montana. PFFT!!

on the plus side, weather is good in the winter (brutal summers, though), life is pretty affordable and everything is a stone throw away.

yes, it is better than NJ, but that aint saying much (no offense).

[quote name='jimjom']ahhh i hate to be the pessimist here, but vegas is mostly a shithole. alot of violence and stupid crime, some really bad parts of town no one ever wants to be anywhere near. mortgage crisis problems, unemployment and illegal immigrants staking their claim all over. music scene here is ass backwards and mostly everybody is a flake. im just totally stuck here, as i am not going back 'home' to montana. PFFT!!

on the plus side, weather is good in the winter (brutal summers, though), life is pretty affordable and everything is a stone throw away.

yes, it is better than NJ, but that aint saying much (no offense).[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Philly, so I'm used to being around ghetto people and crime. I almost positive that Philly is much more worse than Vegas is.

I'm actually looking to move to either Summerlin/The Lakes area, or possibly even Henderson.

NM, I found a better deal. Suikoden II for $5 at a pawn shop. They also had Chrono Cross (GH), but one of the disc was badly scratched and Suikoden I, but no manual. I left both. I also found a semi complete Final fanasty III at a yard sale, but didn't purchase it.

[quote name='Dhuk']NM, I found a better deal. Suikoden II for $5 at a pawn shop. They also had Chrono Cross (GH), but one of the disc was badly scratched and Suikoden I, but no manual. I left both. I also found a semi complete Final fanasty III at a yard sale, but didn't purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Woah, which pawn shop?

I found my Lunar games at the Super Pawn across from UNLV on Flamingo. I also got Zelda OoT/Master Quest + Collector's Edition for the Gamecube there ($5 each?) and Legend of Heroes for the PSP for $5. I don't think there's anything noteworthy left.

[quote name='jimjom']ahhh i hate to be the pessimist here, but vegas is mostly a shithole. alot of violence and stupid crime, some really bad parts of town no one ever wants to be anywhere near. mortgage crisis problems, unemployment and illegal immigrants staking their claim all over. music scene here is ass backwards and mostly everybody is a flake. im just totally stuck here, as i am not going back 'home' to montana. PFFT!!

yes, it is better than NJ, but that aint saying much (no offense).[/QUOTE]
lol, then stay in your little Henderson or Summerlin with your white community, we don't want you near us either.

I know it may be getting slightly off-topic... but for the most parts, is everyone in Vegas seeing a huge dropoff in the "finds" at thrift stores and pawn shops?? I still find some games/consoles to flip/add to my collection once in a while... but the misses have been much more that the hits lately; at least for myself.

Valpak coupons in the mail have a coupon for Buy 1 Get 1 free used games at GameTaq and a free movie/blu-ray/game rental for 5 days from VideoHQ/GameTag

Zia Records has some pretty good deals on Blu-rays, DVDs and TV seasons this year

They started 80% of the sale today early, so I picked up some stuff today.

Here's the flier
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=64050404&albumID=3041910&imageID=56134212

I picked up Coraline, Drag Me To Hell, Away We Go, and a used Ghost Town for 12.99 each!

Also, my ValPak in henderson had another free blu-ray/game/new release rental at Video HQ, plus a save $10 when you buy $75 at TRU coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Vegas. Anyone here want to trade? I'm looking for a copy of Fable 2 for under $20 for my wife for X-Mas. I should have picked it up when I saw it for $20.98 at Target cause when I went back it was gone. CML for possible trades, like playing different games and am one of the recently laid off so I am looking for alternatives so I can play some new games.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']I'm from Vegas. Anyone here want to trade? I'm looking for a copy of Fable 2 for under $20 for my wife for X-Mas. I should have picked it up when I saw it for $20.98 at Target cause when I went back it was gone. CML for possible trades, like playing different games and am one of the recently laid off so I am looking for alternatives so I can play some new games.[/QUOTE]

If you head over to HW video stores over in north las vegas, they are having a 5 dollar game special on all games 29.99 and under. But today is the last day and it might already be over though?

Speaking of which, did anyone find a (wii) punch out at any of the stores? I only went to one store and they didn't even have it, the one on trop is no more.

I am going to check out that "Toy Shack" on the way to work today... They keep spamming craigslist... might as well see. I will give a brief report tomorrow.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I am going to check out that "Toy Shack" on the way to work today... They keep spamming craigslist... might as well see. I will give a brief report tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

What happened to that report?

I thought about going to this Toy Shack place, but turned around when I got to the apparent place. It seems to be in a Hotel, instead of an actual store. I thought I might have been the wrong place, but they had a sign near the sidewalk that pointed to the hotel.

[quote name='Dhuk']What happened to that report?[/QUOTE]

I keep trying to get over there... but never seem to make it....
I will give it my best effort today and tomorrow...

They got this place on Rainbow and 215 by the Popeyes, called Game Haven, I believe. This is the same spot were one of the Play n Trades were. I'm sure they will be going out of business before they even start up. Everything in there is overpriced, like a little less than ebay prices. They do have older gen games and consoles for sale though. When I stepped inside it smelt like someone just took a shit and didn't flush or use air freshener. The owner said they just been robbed recently, so their selection wasn't that great, but they will be restocking. They have a gamestop in the same shopping center, so good luck to them. Unless they hold money tournaments there or have some sort of arcade, I don't see any future for them.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']They got this place on Rainbow and 215 by the Popeyes, called Game Haven, I believe. This is the same spot were one of the Play n Trades were. I'm sure they will be going out of business before they even start up. Everything in there is overpriced, like a little less than ebay prices. They do have older gen games and consoles for sale though. When I stepped inside it smelt like someone just took a shit and didn't flush or use air freshener. The owner said they just been robbed recently, so their selection wasn't that great, but they will be restocking. They have a gamestop in the same shopping center, so good luck to them. Unless they hold money tournaments there or have some sort of arcade, I don't see any future for them.[/QUOTE]

sadly, it's like they don't even care. So they're reason for not having many games is because they got robbed? Aren't they in one of the better sides of town, over at highland hills? I was going to stop over there, but I really haven't been doing much video game huntin since prices seem to drop pretty fast now a days (even on the new popular titles) and most games don't hold their values like they used to.

Is there Eastern Store still open? I got a few good guides from there a year ago. But that location has no real competition.

[quote name='Dhuk']sadly, it's like they don't even care. So they're reason for not having many games is because they got robbed? Aren't they in one of the better sides of town, over at highland hills? I was going to stop over there, but I really haven't been doing much video game huntin since prices seem to drop pretty fast now a days (even on the new popular titles) and most games don't hold their values like they used to.

Is there Eastern Store still open? I got a few good guides from there a year ago. But that location has no real competition.[/QUOTE]

I am friends with the owner and a few of the workers. They DID get robbed. I was told that it was probably the guys that built the center. Whomever did the robbery knew exactly where the studs were.
I think they will survive in the new location. They do have a few overpriced games, but if you look closely you can find some underpriced gems as well. YMMV.

Toy Shack Review: Forget about it. Unless you are a HARDCORE, and I do mean HARDCORE Hot Wheels collector (about 90% of the store is Hot Wheels) there is no reason for you to be in this store. The CAG portion is dismal. The highlights were about 10 SNES games that are throwaways and a Nintendo 64 007 game for $8.00...

It IS in the front of the apartments and is about the size of a child's bedroom. The guy running the show was pretty cool.

Are the gametag's even still open? Or are they closing up too? I really haven't been doing much video game hunting in the past 2 months.

[quote name='Dhuk']Are the gametag's even still open? Or are they closing up too? I really haven't been doing much video game hunting in the past 2 months.[/QUOTE]

The one on 215 and centennial is...although they never have anything good.

just a heads up, the last Gamecrazy in Vegas is at 40% off all games. the employee I talked with said he didn't know if it would go down anymore or when they are shutting down for good.

they still had a lot of new (unopened) games but they're pretty old. the prices kinda suck but the 40% makes it reasonable. they also have a lot of used games left.

off the top of my head, these are a few new games I saw:

360- Wet = $49.99 (this price blows)
360 - Dark Void = $39.99
360 - Oneechanbara = $29.99
360 - Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition = $59.99
360 - Blazblue = $59.99 (lol at this price)
360 - Ghostbusters = $19.99

they also had Dark Sector, Chronicles of Riddick, DMC4, GH5, RB:Beatles, Prince of Persia, and more (I don't remember the price for these)

PS3 - Lair = $29.99
PS3 - Heavenly Sword = $29.99

the PS3 selection was the smallest besides PSP (the only game worth mentioning for PSP is Soul Caliber which was $39.99, the other PSP games were old)

the Wii selection was mostly shovelware although Animal Crossing was $29.99. the DS selection was full of Imaginez titles and a few gems like Final Fantasy Tactics ($29.99), Disgaea ($29.99), Pokemon Ranger ($19.99), and GH: Decades ($19.99).

their used games selection had older titles and if anyone does buy a used game make sure you look at the disc since there are no refunds, returns or exchanges.

two weeks ago I ended up getting 8 games and a strat guide for $155. the selection was better but only 30% off. I used a $154 GC to pick up Battle Fantasia, Halo Wars, Disgaea 3, the guide for Disgaea 3, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Okami, Command & Conquer 3 Red Alert (used, but perfect condition, even the case was nice), Lego Rock Band, and Henry Hatsworth.

anyways, this GC is in a Hollywood Video on West Lake Mead. basically right in Summerlin. the blu-rays are $19.99 and under. the new release dvd's are $7.99. regular dvd's are $5.99.

I've checked most of the targets in henderson and las vegas area. The clearance sections are total crap; just shovel ware :(.

I know it's probably a long shot, but does anyone know of any stores in/around Vegas that sell games before the release date? Really hoping to get NHL 11 the week before it comes out.

bread's done
Back