Nevada anyone?

Nah, she was this old-ish Asian lady.

The CC I went to (Sahara & Decatur) had a crap selection of games when I last checked (before the 50% off) so I'm not crossing my fingers for anything. What a piece of crap. The Target clearances serve me better than this piss-poor liquidation.

anyone in vegas know where i can get street fighter fightpads? i called gametag and the guy said there isnt any within a 160 mile radius of vegas. HaHAhaha.

I saw a few at frys two days ago. They had chun li, blanka and ken. Let me know if they still have any if you decide to go. I actually want to purchase one now.

[quote name='jimivegas']anyone in vegas know where i can get street fighter fightpads? i called gametag and the guy said there isnt any within a 160 mile radius of vegas. HaHAhaha.[/quote]

Thats not true i found one in Henderson 2 days ago

i just called fry's here in vegas and the person i spoke with said they are out of street fighter controllers/sticks. he did check to see when they'll get more sticks in and he said the 28th. so if he meant the 28th of this month, then thats tomorrow. go check it out tomorrow if you dont got a stick. i forgot to ask if they'd be tournament or standard sticks so i dont know. all i want is an akuma fightpad damn it.

[quote name='jimivegas']i just called fry's here in vegas and the person i spoke with said they are out of street fighter controllers/sticks. he did check to see when they'll get more sticks in and he said the 28th. so if he meant the 28th of this month, then thats tomorrow. go check it out tomorrow if you dont got a stick. i forgot to ask if they'd be tournament or standard sticks so i dont know. all i want is an akuma fightpad damn it.[/quote]

I was at fry's yesterday and all they had were the arcade sticks but it was only for ps3 not for the 360 they had about 10 of them but i guess it is possible for them to sell all of them

PS. Also does anyone know if a store is selling halo wars early in Las Vegas?

Last edited by a moderator:
vegas heads, some random gametags got a small shipment of fightpads. i got a ryu pad at the gametag off the 215 and skypointe. only blanka was left as of 9pm tonight. anybody have any luck finding the akuma pad?

I finally made it to the play-n-trade on Serene... The good point I would like to share is that their prices are very fair. Even seen some old n64 sports games for $.99; which they should be. Other than that, I wasn't very impressed. The guy behind the counter looked and acted like he couldn't care less. He did help me with everything I asked for though. I will give him credit for that.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I finally made it to the play-n-trade on Serene... The good point I would like to share is that their prices are very fair. Even seen some old n64 sports games for $.99; which they should be. Other than that, I wasn't very impressed. The guy behind the counter looked and acted like he couldn't care less. He did help me with everything I asked for though. I will give him credit for that.[/quote]

I was in the deal forum ,seems that PlaynTrade is having 20% off retro games for the month of march.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I finally made it to the play-n-trade on Serene... The good point I would like to share is that their prices are very fair. Even seen some old n64 sports games for $.99; which they should be. Other than that, I wasn't very impressed. The guy behind the counter looked and acted like he couldn't care less. He did help me with everything I asked for though. I will give him credit for that.[/quote]

If it's the same guy who helped me out, then either he was having an off-day or something else was going on because he was more than helpful with me. Even if the store is like 30 miles away from my house :bomb: it's still worth the drive. That reminds me, I should head back there soon. They had a complete Tales of Destiny 2 that I want to pick up (with store credit of course).

I might go try them again in the morning. They are only about 3 miles from me... I usually do my retro business with Game Haven.... How is play-n-trade with trade ins?

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I might go try them again in the morning. They are only about 3 miles from me... I usually do my retro business with Game Haven.... How is play-n-trade with trade ins?[/quote]

The only thing I've traded there was guides and he was cool-as-a-cucumber when I brought in 50+ guides. :D $0.50 each beats the fuck out of Game Haven.

[quote name='driph']If you're referring to the Pinball Hall of Fame, that's been around for some time now (and worth a visit when you're in town!).

Here are some pics of the new place, S&D's Ultimate Arcade:

http://driph.com/words/2008/10/sds-ultimate-arcade/[/quote]

Just to follow up on this one: the place closed because the owner was in alot of trouble financially (borrowing TONS of money) and also somewhat of a child molester. :hot: I heard this from my wife's brother who attends school at Durango, so I trust him. Ewww.

A friend of mine told me a place called Game Over on Desert inn and Nellis sells retro games. Any of you guys been over there?

I've been to Game Over a few times.

Their prices aren't too bad, but sometimes you can get a good deal.
For example, they were selling a black label FF7 for $55(it's gone, don't bother).
Still a bit much for a game that sold almost 10 million copies in the US alone, but hey, it's better than ebay prices.

They don't have too much to chose from for certain systems, but luckily they don't have too many sport games/shovel ware.
You might find a somewhat rare game here and there, but don't go in expecting to find a whole bunch of Atlus games.

I plan to go there more often since they have a game room in the back for fighting games(mainly). They're going to have a Street Fighter 4 tournament this Saturday if anybody's interested. I might go if I can get my joystick and converter working...

Oh, watch out for one thing though. In the dreamcast section, they're selling a copy of Half Life. I haven't told them about that yet, so somebody do the honor? (wikipedia for the uninformed)

[quote name='Hyper Bolt']I've been to Game Over a few times.

Their prices aren't too bad, but sometimes you can get a good deal.
For example, they were selling a black label FF7 for $55(it's gone, don't bother).
Still a bit much for a game that sold almost 10 million copies in the US alone, but hey, it's better than ebay prices.

Oh, watch out for one thing though. In the dreamcast section, they're selling a copy of Half Life. I haven't told them about that yet, so somebody do the honor? (wikipedia for the uninformed)[/quote]

I used to work at Target (when I was 16) and we had several sealed copies of the BL FF VII when the price went Greatest Hits. Never to think it would ever rise in value as it did.

Whats wrong with HL for the DC?

Half Life for the Dreamcast was canceled a few weeks before it went gold.
So the copy they have is a bootleg, probably a self booting one.

Anyway, I came here to post about another store.
There's this place called Game Repair on Nellis. Forgot the major cross streets, but just check google maps or something.

I was going in expecting a small selection, but they had a LOT in there. I wasn't there to shop for games, so I didn't look around much.
Some prices were high (Vagrant Story for $45?!), but again I didn't look around too much, so maybe prices on other stuff is better.
The cashier was a bit moody, but maybe he was just having a bad day.
But then again they had a bunch of notes saying that they don't haggle...

One thing that makes them awesome though, is that they had cabs of Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, AND Street Fighter 3: Third Strike!
I had no idea there were third strike cabs in Vegas... The closest thing I've seen is the New Generation cab in Game Works.

It's such a shame that it's pretty far away from me, otherwise I'd go in just to play SF3.

GameTag spring sale:
:ps2:
Jackass - The Video Game - 7.50
JUICED 2 - Hot Import Nights 5.00
:ps3:
Call of Duty 3 - 15.00
Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer - 7.50
Haze - 15.00
Lair - 15.00
Motorstorm - 7.50
NBA 08 - 10.00
Pirates of the Carib: At World's End - 10.00
MGS4 strategy guide - 1.25
:ds:
Jam Sessions - 14.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Time - 22.49
:wii:
Call of Duty 3 - 37.49
sonic riders - zero gravity - 15.00
:360:
All Pro Football 2k8 - 3.75
Battlestations: Midway - 20.00
Blazing Angels 2 - 10.00
Blue Dragon - 10.00
Bullet Witch - 10.00
Call of Juarez - 5.00
Crackdown 360 - 7.50
Call of Juarez - 5.00
Dark Sector - 5.00
The Darkness 4.75
Dead or Alive: Extreme 2 - 15.00
Def Jam Icon - 15.00
Dirt - 7.50
Dragon Ball z burst limit - 20
Eternal Sonata - 20.00
Fatal Inertia - 20.00
GRAW 2 - 10
The Golden Compass - 7.50
GH3 - 15.00
Hail to the Chimp - 10.00
Orange Box - 10
JUICED 2 - 10.00
Just Cause - 15.00
Lego Indy - 12.50
Lost Planet - 10.00
Monster MAdness - 7.59
Nascar 08 - 7.50
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 7.50
Prey - 7.50
PGR4 - 10.00
Rock Band Wireless Guitar - 44.99
Shadowrun - 7.50
Spiderman 3 - 7.50
Splinter Cell Double Agent - 15.00
Splinter Cell double agent Limited Edition - 15
Superman Returns - 7.50
Tony Hawk Progect 8 - 7.50
WWE Smackdown vs raw 7.50
Offer limited to stock on hand. All titles may not be available at all locations. See store associate for details.

These are NEW, not used prices.

some other stuff, can upload the ad if anyone wants the rest.

also have a coupon for 10% off used games, and buy 2 xbox original and get 2 free used

I will be going down tomorrow to check it out, got this ad at the galleria mall today, they were having a SFIV and GH:WT tournament as well. They were basing their GH tournament on, get this, notes hit. ???? A poor kid played medium and got almost 100% against another kid on hard who got under 60%, but the kid on hard wins because of stupid rules.

I just went to the GameTag on boulder highway near wal mart and picked up the darkness and ninja gaiden 2. I didn't see all of the sale games, but I was in a hurry.

They did have SFIV fightpads, had a chun li and ryu on display, don't know if there were more. They had collector's editions of SFIV as well, plus a ton of CE of other games and strategy guides, which was kind of suprising.

[quote name='Hyper Bolt']

I was going in expecting a small selection, but they had a LOT in there. I wasn't there to shop for games, so I didn't look around much.
Some prices were high (Vagrant Story for $45?!), but again I didn't look around too much, so maybe prices on other stuff is better.
The cashier was a bit moody, but maybe he was just having a bad day.
But then again they had a bunch of notes saying that they don't haggle...
.[/quote]

Yeah, GR is like game world, overpriced.

[quote name='fizzywix']Notables from GameTag spring sale:
Haze - 15
Lair - 15
Motorstorm - 7.50

wii - sonic riders - zero gravity - 15

Blazing Angels 2 - 10
Blue Dragon - 10
Bullet Witch - 10
Crackdown 360 - 7.50
Call of Juarez - 5
Dark Sector - 5
The Darkness 4.75
Dirt - 7.50
GRAW 2 - 10
Orange Box - 10
Lego Indy - 12.50
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 7.50
PGR4 - 10

These are NEW, not used prices.

some other stuff, can upload the ad if anyone wants the rest.
[/quote]

Definately post the ad! I'm hoping the price for Dark Sector is for the 360 & the PS3. Probably not though :(

And $1.25 for the Metal Gear Solid 4 guide? I'll be sure to pick up a couple of those! (They're still selling for $7.95 + shipping or $10-ish with free shipping. That's not a bad flip!)

does anyone know were i can get the rock band ion drum set in las vegas i know the had it at best buy on w Charleston but i guess their out

My ad is all crumpled and has writing all over, so heres the full ad typed out. I was hoping for PS3 as well on the 360 sales, but it is only for the specified system, unfortunately :[

[quote name='fizzywix']GameTag spring sale:
:ps2:
Jackass - The Video Game - 7.50
JUICED 2 - Hot Import Nights 5.00
Call of Duty 3 - 15.00
Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer - 7.50
Haze - 15.00
Lair - 15.00
Motorstorm - 7.50
NBA 08 - 10.00
:ds:
Jam Sessions - 14.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Time - 22.49
:wii:
Call of Duty 3 - 37.49
sonic riders - zero gravity - 15.00
:360:
All Pro Football 2k8 - 3.75
Battlestations: Midway - 20.00
Blazing Angels 2 - 10.00
Blue Dragon - 10.00
Bullet Witch - 10.00
Call of Juarez - 5.00
Crackdown 360 - 7.50
Call of Juarez - 5.00
Dark Sector - 5.00
The Darkness 4.75
Dead or Alive: Extreme 2 - 15.00
Def Jam Icon - 15.00
Dirt - 7.50
Eternal Sonata - 20.00
Fatal Inertia - 20.00
GRAW 2 - 10
The Golden Compass - 7.50
GH3 - 15.00
Hail to the Chimp - 10.00
Orange Box - 10
JUICED 2 - 10.00
Just Cause - 15.00
Lego Indy - 12.50
Lost Planet - 10.00
Monster MAdness - 7.59
Nascar 08 - 7.50
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 7.50
Prey - 7.50
PGR4 - 10.00
Rock Band Wireless Guitar - 44.99
Shadowrun - 7.50
Spiderman 3 - 7.50
Splinter Cell Double Agent - 15.00
Superman Returns - 7.50
Tony Hawk Progect 8 - 7.50
Offer limited to stock on hand. All titles may not be available at all locations. See store associate for details.

[/quote]

I don't see anything that stands out on that list. Stores have those games for the same price, or cheaper.

Should we start a new Las Vegas thread?

Ugh, I really want to get myself a MGS4 guide for that cheap. I'm too lazy to drive to GameTag though, ugh. =___=

And I'm up for a Vegas thread as well. :]

[quote name='DistractionGaming']Hey is anyone going to the Street Fighter IV tournament tommorrow at the Strip club The Penthouse???[/quote]
:lol::lol: I can just imagine me trying to explain to my wife why there's a video game tournament at a strip club!!!

Hmm, I wonder if there's any new deals going on in Vegas. :/ The only deal I got is LittleBigPlanet for $9.99 from the Hollywood Video closing near me. ( Edit: Now, it's completely closed :[ )

Anyone see the Review Journals picks for Best Game Store?
[quote name='"Las Vegas Review Journal"']
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Reader Pick[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]GAMESTOP[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Multiple locations[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]It’s the one category we agree on every year. You continue to buy your video games here because no place in town can compete with their knowledge. It’s hard to walk into any of the stores — they’re scattered all over town — and find someone behind the counter who isn’t a complete game junkie. You appreciate this quality and so do we. Your next bet, Best Buy, is a distant second. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Staff Pick[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]GAMESTOP[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Multiple locations[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]We choose GameStop every year, not just for the plethora of selection, but also for the way business is done here. We feel valued as customers and here’s why. If we buy a new game here and decide, within seven days, that it’s not all we expected it to be, GameStop lets us bring it back and get a refund. Plus, we can sell them the games we’ve played to death so they don’t collect dust on our game console. That’s why we can’t imagine going anywhere else. [/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

I'd love to know which stores they are talking about

Went to Zia's today (Sahara & Arville) and saw they had some suprisingly decent prices on some used games:

Street Fighter IV - $30.99
Prine of Persia - $30.99

there were some others, but those struck me as being decent. Heck, if you had 5 other games to trade in at GS, you could make a profit off of SFIV easily.

[quote name='fizzywix']Anyone see the Review Journals picks for Best Game Store?

I'd love to know which stores they are talking about[/quote]

video games here because no place in town can compete with their knowledge.

LMAO. Maybe a few stores, about it.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Went to Zia's today (Sahara & Arville) and saw they had some suprisingly decent prices on some used games:

Prine of Persia - $30.99

there were some others, but those struck me as being decent. Heck, if you had 5 other games to trade in at GS, you could make a profit off of SFIV easily.[/QUOTE]

:0 That`s really cheap for SF4.

I hope I don't get lost looking for the place.>__>;;

[quote name='punkmaggit']Went to Zia's today (Sahara & Arville) and saw they had some suprisingly decent prices on some used games:

Prine of Persia - $30.99

there were some others, but those struck me as being decent. Heck, if you had 5 other games to trade in at GS, you could make a profit off of SFIV easily.[/quote]

opps, passed that place and went to that liquidation center you sometimes see advertised on Sahara and Decature. I had to pay 5 bucks just get in, F' that. Place looked like a swap meet.

[quote name='megaprotobass']Hmm, I wonder if there's any new deals going on in Vegas. :/ The only deal I got is LittleBigPlanet for $9.99 from the Hollywood Video closing near me. ( Edit: Now, it's completely closed :[ )[/quote]

That wouldn't happen to be the Hollywood on Jones & Cheyenne, would it? I drove by there the other day and was like WTF? They were a great source of income during that last-gen $4.00 sale. Also, the neighborhood's gone to crap, so I can see why.

[quote name='punkmaggit']That wouldn't happen to be the Hollywood on Jones & Cheyenne, would it? I drove by there the other day and was like WTF? They were a great source of income during that last-gen $4.00 sale. Also, the neighborhood's gone to crap, so I can see why.[/quote]

BINGO! It sure is sad to see one of the closest rental places near me closing down. Meh~ I still got Blockbuster & GameFly.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone knows a good place to buy PS1 games. I'm really getting addicted in buying those classic RPGs (Xenogears especially).

[quote name='megaprotobass']BINGO! It sure is sad to see one of the closest rental places near me closing down. Meh~ I still got Blockbuster & GameFly.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone knows a good place to buy PS1 games. I'm really getting addicted in buying those classic RPGs (Xenogears especially).

[quote name='punkmaggit']DUDE! So you're around that area, eh? I'm literally like 2 minutes away from that HWV. [/quote]

Heh, interesting. I'm also pretty close to the place.. uhh... like 5 minutes away. :p

[quote name='punkmaggit']
To answer you question about the PS1 games, try Game Repair on Cheyenne and Tenaya. They've got a decent selection, but you'll be paying ebay prices (seems like all the mom & pop stores are doing that nowadays).[/quote]

I'll probably try & check that place out. :] (I hate ebay prices as well =___=)

[quote name='megaprotobass']

I'll probably try & check that place out. :] (I hate ebay prices as well =___=)[/quote]

Theres Game Over on Desert inn and Nellis. Theres also the PlaynTrade stores.

Theres one store I have never been too, but was told they carry old ps1 games. Mikey's East. (4685 E Boulder Hwy)

[quote name='Dhuk']Theres Game Over on Desert inn and Nellis. Theres also the PlaynTrade stores.

Theres one store I have never been too, but was told they carry old ps1 games. Mikey's East. (4685 E Boulder Hwy)[/quote]
That's kindda far away

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Try Game Haven on Eastern in front of the Walmart off Russell.[/quote]

By the airport? That place sucks balls. I've only gone there twice, but it's sucked both times. Pathetic selection and everything mostly in terrible condition. They give shitty trade in credit, but hey they took in guides so I was able to trade in tons of guides (at the time) that I couldn't get rid of and so got Assassin's Creed for pretty cheap at the time.

I wonder who of the guys here went to the BestBuy sale. I was really interested in a few games (DMC4 & IU)... too bad I slept in =____=.

Hopefully, someone successfully got their desired game(s).
**Stories about hoarders are fun to listen to. :]

[quote name='megaprotobass']I wonder who of the guys here went to the BestBuy sale. I was really interested in a few games (DMC4 & IU)... too bad I slept in =____=.

Hopefully, someone successfully got their desired game(s).
**Stories about hoarders are fun to listen to. :][/quote]

I didn't bother. None of the titles appeal to me, or I already have the game. PM your way :)

Scored a bunch at the Best Buy on Rainbow/Lake Mead. I went in on Sat. night to check their supply and they had already loaded up all the games on a cart, so I just went through the cart and grabbed the ones I wanted! Bought 'em all that night and went in the next day to price-match. Got all the ones I wanted plus a few extra :).

bread's done
Back