Nevada anyone?

There's also a new arcade opening in town, just up the street from the Playntrade on Rainbow (near Rainbow/Russell). I stopped in last month when they were still painting, etc, and it's a pretty big space. Opening was supposed just a few days ago, I'll drop by this afternoon and check it out.

There's also a new arcade opening in town, just up the street from the Playntrade on Rainbow (near Rainbow/Russell). I stopped in last month when they were still painting, etc, and it's a pretty big space. Opening was supposed just a few days ago, I'll drop by this afternoon and check it out.

Isn't it a pinball arcade?

Oh, I was at Ny Ny a week ago, and they have Tekken 6. I didn't have time to play it, since I was with a few friends. One had a cousin visiting to why we went there.

[quote name='Dhuk']Isn't it a pinball arcade?

Oh, I was at Ny Ny a week ago, and they have Tekken 6. I didn't have time to play it, since I was with a few friends. One had a cousin visiting to why we went there.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the Pinball Hall of Fame, that's been around for some time now (and worth a visit when you're in town!).

Here are some pics of the new place, S&D's Ultimate Arcade:

http://driph.com/words/2008/10/sds-ultimate-arcade/

Another representing Vegas. I am usually at the PHOF at least 4 times a week as soon as they open. Hippie and Tim(call him Tom if you can stand in the face of the maelstrom) and the coolest and they have the best mix of old and new pinball machines.

Has anyone done any trading/hunting at Zia Records before? Know what kind of trade in values they give? I've sold them CDs and Vinyl before, but never games, and I almost always forget to check out the video games.

Odds are they are no good I suppose, but you never know?

Awesome store for music though if you haven't been there.

Also, I just stopped by the gamestore on Lake Mead by wal mart in Henderson today. It used to be a GameCrazy with Hollywood Video, but now it is Mark's Video and I think the gaming section is called GameRush.

They had GH:WT set up (some guy playing the guitar the whole time I was there) and a few of stations with Madden or Naruto set up.

There were some good deals. I picked up Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for 9.99

Some things I remember were
Eternal Sonata 360 - 8.99
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - 19.99
Lego Batman - 19.99

I can't remember any off the top of my head, but there were some more. They had a pretty decent selection of used PS3 and 360 games as well. The PS2 was sort of lacking, but decent.

Will stop by again soon, I think.

I own a home in Sparks, off Exit 21. :) I just hate finding golf balls all over my backyard because of the Golf course behind it.

[quote name='fizzywix']Also, I just stopped by the gamestore on Lake Mead by wal mart in Henderson today. It used to be a GameCrazy with Hollywood Video, but now it is Mark's Video and I think the gaming section is called GameRush.

They had GH:WT set up (some guy playing the guitar the whole time I was there) and a few of stations with Madden or Naruto set up.

There were some good deals. I picked up Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for 9.99

Lego Batman - 19.99

I can't remember any off the top of my head, but there were some more. They had a pretty decent selection of used PS3 and 360 games as well. The PS2 was sort of lacking, but decent.

Will stop by again soon, I think.[/QUOTE]

Was just about to ask about this. A couple of the Game Crazys (around 7 according to their store locator) around here seem to have closed along with Hollywood Video and looks like all the ones I've seen so far have turned into Mark's Video and the new game place is called Game Tag.

Was gonna ask if anyone's visited the place and what the place was like. Sounds decent enough to check out by what your saying.

They have a website, but doesn't seem to be working right now.
http://www.gametagstores.com/

[quote name='Liu Bei']Was just about to ask about this. A couple of the Game Crazys (around 7 according to their store locator) around here seem to have closed along with Hollywood Video and looks like all the ones I've seen so far have turned into Mark's Video and the new game place is called Game Tag.

Was gonna ask if anyone's visited the place and what the place was like. Sounds decent enough to check out by what your saying.

They have a website, but doesn't seem to be working right now.
http://www.gametagstores.com/[/quote]

Thats what was going on over there in the Henderson Store. I seen the construction. Are they taking over all the hollywood videos in the pacific south region? Also, whats happens if you have store credit with GC? (not me)

I also need to hit up some radioshacks. Been so busy.

[quote name='fizzywix']Also, I just stopped by the gamestore on Lake Mead by wal mart in Henderson today. It used to be a GameCrazy with Hollywood Video, but now it is Mark's Video and I think the gaming section is called GameRush.

Lego Batman - 19.99

Will stop by again soon, I think.[/quote]

I may have to stop in there, since it is right down the street from me.

I believe the Gamecrazy/Hollywood Video conversion to Mark's Video and Gametap happened about a week after Too Human came out. I received a flyer from them giving me $50 off any used game.

If Lego Batman and Eternal Sonata are that sheap I may have to give it a visit, those are some great prices.

Checked one out today, and they have a list of things for sale. There was stuff for all the current systems. I remember stuff like

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass $15
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of time $15
Ninja Gaiden II $20
Heavenly Sword (forgot price)
Super Mario Sluggers $15 I think
Metriod Prime 3 $15

They had a list taped on the counter, and they had a pretty large selection of titles on it. Might not be a bad idea to go and check one out. Although how often you want to shop there...

[quote name='Dhuk']Also, whats happens if you have store credit with GC? (not me) [/QUOTE]

Apparently you lose it. The Game Crazy on Lake Mead and Buffalo had someone on the phone complaining about this. From what I overheard, the Game Crazys that got turned into Game Tag turned people's pre-orders and credit into their store revenue or something and people's credit/pre-orders are pretty much gone. The customer on the phone was saying something about signing up for the MVP card, never got one, and apparently can't get one anymore because their Game Crazy is gone. This was apparently the Game Crazy, now Game Tag on Centennial, or somewhere around there.

The Game Tags have been around since at least August according to one employee, so I'm not sure how many people got their stuff screwed over or even know about it, considering how long they have been around now.

[quote name='Liu Bei']

Apparently you lose it. The Game Crazy on Lake Mead and Buffalo had someone on the phone complaining about this. From what I overheard, the Game Crazys that got turned into Game Tag turned people's pre-orders and credit into their store revenue or something and people's credit/pre-orders are pretty much gone. The customer on the phone was saying something about signing up for the MVP card, never got one, and apparently can't get one anymore because their Game Crazy is gone. This was apparently the Game Crazy, now Game Tag on Centennial, or somewhere around there.

The Game Tags have been around since at least August according to one employee, so I'm not sure how many people got their stuff screwed over or even know about it, considering how long they have been around now.[/quote]

wow, talk about screw over if true. I think all GC's in our valley have turned into GTs. I still wanna check them out. Sounds like you got some good deals. Are the PH numbers still the same as GC?

[quote name='Dhuk']wow, talk about screw over if true. I think all GC's in our valley have turned into GTs. I still wanna check them out. Sounds like you got some good deals. Are the PH numbers still the same as GC?[/QUOTE]

It might be. The Game Tag I went to (Craig and Simmons), the phone number on the receipt is 702-631-3567. A Google search of the Hollywood Video in Vegas shows that the one that used to be on Craig and Simmons is the same number, so it looks like they might be the same, at least that one anyways.

Not all GameCrazys have been converted to GameTap
I have a Game Crazy on Sahara and Durango and the Game Tap is on Trop and Ft. Apache

Here's the Game Tap deals:
All Prices are for NEW/SEALED Games!

img165.jpg

Like independent stores?? Dont go to Game Force, guys there are dicks. Play and Trade is ok but they gave me weird looks when I went there and kept watching me closely.

[quote name='fizzywix']Has anyone done any trading/hunting at Zia Records before? Know what kind of trade in values they give? I've sold them CDs and Vinyl before, but never games, and I almost always forget to check out the video games.

Odds are they are no good I suppose, but you never know?

Awesome store for music though if you haven't been there.[/quote]

Just was in there today, on my usual hobby/second job thingy. They were still selling Gamecube for 90... Wasn't anything to see as far as games go.

Speaking of weird stuff... I was going to Del Taco and was about to trade some Super Nintendo stuff in at Game Haven, and a "stereotypical" Mexican guy was asking about Guitar Hero for Playstation 2. I have been around a few corners in my life and was thinking this guy "looks suspect"... and before you knew it he grabbed it and a Guitar Hero for the Xbox 360 and runs out of the store. The guy working there and I give chase, but he had a getaway car and got away in what looked like a Geo Metro with a handicapped sign on the rearview... Keep a lookout...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CL-Insanity']Speaking of weird stuff... I was going to Del Taco and was about to trade some Super Nintendo stuff in at Game Haven, and a "stereotypical" Mexican guy was asking about Guitar Hero for Playstation 2. I have been around a few corners in my life and was thinking this guys "looks suspect"... and before you knew it he grabbed it and a Guitar Hero for the Xbox 360 and runs out of the store. The guy working there and I give chase, but he had a getaway car and got away in what looked like a Geo Metro with a handicapped sign on the rearview... Keep a lookout...[/quote]

Man, I can't wait to move away from this city....

Yeah, this city has become a bit of a dump. Were like top 5 in the nation when it comes to near all things bad (school system,foreclosures, poor economy,ect,ect).

[quote name='yukafls']Like independent stores?? Dont go to Game Force, guys there are dicks. Play and Trade is ok but they gave me weird looks when I went there and kept watching me closely.[/quote]

I agree with the Gameforce comment. The only reason I go in the is to check out NES games. I really like to go to Hit & Run across the parking lot and drool at some of the sports stuff.
I have only been in to the Play and Trade store once. It seemed nice but there was no one else in the store and the 3 guys working there just kept asking if I needed help it was sorta creepy.

The Mark's Video/GameTag is doing 50% off all used PS2/Xbox/GC games now. The one on boulder highway didn't have much that was any good though. Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence was marked around $22. so $11 is a great price for that. Also saw Rogue Galaxy marked 17.99, so i'd buy that for $9 in a heartbeat if i didn't have it.

No offense, but those gametag sales kinda suck compaired to previous/ and current sales.

Quick question,

What stores here buy game guides?

PlayNTrade does, $.50 cents per guide.

[quote name='royalbliss1']I agree with the Gameforce comment. The only reason I go in the is to check out NES games. I really like to go to Hit & Run across the parking lot and drool at some of the sports stuff.
I have only been in to the Play and Trade store once. It seemed nice but there was no one else in the store and the 3 guys working there just kept asking if I needed help it was sorta creepy.[/quote]

I've been there a few times not too bad some good games. It feels like all the stores gamestop and gamecrazy are empty like I can't find anything that interest me or the prices are way to high. The Play and Trade sucks kinda overpriced and nothing really there.

[quote name='royalbliss1']I agree with the Gameforce comment. The only reason I go in the is to check out NES games. I really like to go to Hit & Run across the parking lot and drool at some of the sports stuff.
I have only been in to the Play and Trade store once. It seemed nice but there was no one else in the store and the 3 guys working there just kept asking if I needed help it was sorta creepy.[/quote]

Ha, I gotta go over there and sell a couple of cards I found in a box. Willie Mays ones.

[quote name='Dhuk']No offense, but those gametag sales kinda suck compaired to previous/ and current sales.

PlayNTrade does, $.50 cents per guide.[/quote]

Also, there is a place(if you are in the Reno area) called the Book Gallery that buys them I think. It might just be credit that you get in the store, but I scored a House of the Dead 2 and Zombie Revenge guide out of a box in there.

[quote name='whookid36']I've been there a few times not too bad some good games. It feels like all the stores gamestop and gamecrazy are empty like I can't find anything that interest me or the prices are way to high. The Play and Trade sucks kinda overpriced and nothing really there.[/quote]

Well, the stuff they have is ok, but they are dicks about it. My brother(a couple of years back) wanted to get Steel Battalion from them, and he wanted them to hold it aside and think about it and he would come back and get it if he decided he wanted it. But the guy was like "Im only gonna hold it aside if you are going to the bank right now to get the money" Its like, hey way to lose a sale ass.

Hmm, I'm guessing the Play'nTrade that buys the guides for $0.50 is the one down in Henderson? The one at Rainbow & 215 won't. That store is absolute s*** anyway.

How's Game Haven? I might have to check it out one of these days.

I usually don't like double posts but trust me, this one's warranted.

GameTag on 215 & 95 (Target Greatland Center) is having a 50% off used PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube games starting today until... whenever. The sale is okay (walked out with a complete Lost Kingdoms and Shadow of the Colossus (black label)) but the real story is the smoking hot clerk who works there. Seriously. Very... gifted (if you know what I mean). Have fun CAG'ers. ;)

Updating my previous post about "Game Haven" ... After the runout incident that I observed, the guy in there really acts nervous all the time. I don't know if it's me... being black, or maybe he thinks I had something to do with the runout... but he always acts nervous... he fumbled around trying to test a Super Nintendo console that I had brought in, and their trade-in values have suddenly went tofuck. First, if I were a part of a runout plot... it sure as fuck wouldn't have been a Guitar Hero for the Playstation 2.... I don't think I will be going back too often....

Saw some good things at Play and Trade, boxed N64, non greatest hits Metal Gear Solid for the PS1, and RE Survivor for the PS1. Naturally, I didnt buy them. I am a CAG

I went to the Maryland CC by the Blvd Mall yesterday. What a mess, that place has been totally ravaged of anything good. Wish they were still on Eastern :(

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I am thinking about going to Play-N-Trade on my way to work tomorrow....
just to check it out...[/quote]

Which one, the one on Eastern or the one on Rainbow?

[quote name='yukafls']Saw some good things at Play and Trade, boxed N64, non greatest hits Metal Gear Solid for the PS1, and RE Survivor for the PS1. Naturally, I didnt buy them. I am a CAG[/quote]
Do you remember the price on the 64?

Gameworld on Durango and Spring Mountain has some of the best inventory I've seen in a mom and pop operation. Lotsa retro stuff if that's what you're into.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Which one, the one on Eastern or the one on Rainbow?[/quote]

Was going to go to the one on Rainbow.... where is the one on Eastern located?

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Was going to go to the one on Rainbow.... where is the one on Eastern located?[/QUOTE]

Eastern between sunset and trop
i think its in the wal-mart shopping center

and that Gameworld be spamming craigslists all day, they have a lot of selection but their prices suck IMO

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Eastern between sunset and trop
i think its in the wal-mart shopping center

and that Gameworld be spamming craigslists all day, they have a lot of selection but their prices suck IMO[/quote]

Actually, it's Eastern and Serene...you just got to go a little more south and it will be on your left. It's in a huge fancy shopping plaza. myspace.com/pntlv

As for GW spamming CL, flag/report that stuff.

Anyone know what happened to the Gameworld on Charleston? I passed by one day and it was gone. Just wondering if they moved or just closed.

Update to the update.... went to Game Haven last night... and find that the "nervous guy" is nervous with EVERYONE. The other two guys are very friendly.

[quote name='Liu Bei']Anyone know what happened to the Gameworld on Charleston? I passed by one day and it was gone. Just wondering if they moved or just closed.[/quote]

Funny you should mention that. I was at the Open-Air Swap Meet (Pecos & Las Vegas Blvd. - :twoguns:) and was striking out big time when I ran across a lone vendor with a HUGE supply of video games. She looked familiar and it took me awhile, but I finally recognized her as the owner of the GameWorld formerly on Charleston. They had a ton of stuff! I went back two weeks later and they were gone. :bomb: No idea where they went or what happened to their stuff but it was sad to see her go. I thought all the goods would get absorbed into the one up on Durango, but I don't think so.

*side note* Last time I was at the GW on Durango they had the first Ar Tonelico with art book and everything for $35. I should've bought it right then!

[quote name='punkmaggit']Funny you should mention that. I was at the Open-Air Swap Meet (Pecos & Las Vegas Blvd. - :twoguns:) and was striking out big time when I ran across a lone vendor with a HUGE supply of video games. She looked familiar and it took me awhile, but I finally recognized her as the owner of the GameWorld formerly on Charleston. They had a ton of stuff! I went back two weeks later and they were gone. :bomb: No idea where they went or what happened to their stuff but it was sad to see her go. I thought all the goods would get absorbed into the one up on Durango, but I don't think so.

[/quote]

Was she blonde? I used to know the owner, sorta. GW on durango is a seperate store, but they were at one time owned by the same guy.

Question, do the CircuitCitys in your areas have any systems or games left? One in henderson has a midismal selection.

bread's done
Back