New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

How does the regular n3ds compare to the original non xl 3ds?

Did you import? I know Nintendo's store has plates online put seems kinda fast shipping if you did.

If anyone is wondering, the AC:HHD bundle n3ds has the faceplates # 013 and 062

I might just hold off on getting a n3ds if these plates come back in stock.
For the D-pad, I need to hold the 3DS a little different than normal. Instead of putting the hands at a direct 90 degree angle like we're all used to, I extend my left palm out to about an extra 45-60 degrees away from the edge of the 3DS. This means my grip isn't as good but being light and all my right hand doesn't tire from holding the weight of the system. I'll try to post a photo of it later tonight.

I bought them from a seller on Amazon, so technically imported.
I just bought a Xenoblade and a plain blue face cover...will post pics when I get em.

You guys need to buy this skin NOW!

This is what I would do if I had a new 3ds (I have the new XL)
I've already got it. I just haven't had the time to install it yet. Last year when they announced the changeable plates model, I bought the Mario Wood style plate, as that was the only one I really liked at the time.

Then I saw this decal, and said forget the plates. LOL So I ordered the decal, and then had to wait and hope NoA finally released this model here, and offer it in white as well.

The AC bundle isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing. I also got the white Mario No.23 plates, and I must say, those look rather nice in person.

The Super Famicom is probably my most favorite system of all time, and with this unit having the colored buttons that it does, this was a perfect match for me.

I like the design of that skin but the colors and the finish didn't turn out well so it doesn't look nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the new plates came in and they're pretty freaking sweet. But I think I might have run into a problem: if I press down on the analog stick with just a little pressure, it feels like the stick is running into something, as if it's hitting another disc below it. It's very prevalent when I move the pad with the center on my thumb is on the edge of the pad. So weird.

The Online Nintendo Store now sells the N3DS charging cradle for $9.99. Shipping is what kills it though.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod610637

new3ds-chargingcradle-white-package-320x240.png

Last edited by a moderator:
15$ with shipping is basically what I paid to import from Europe for the cradle, only other reason I ordered from Amazon.co.uk was because they had quite a few Faceplates that were super cheap compared to everywhere else. (The Pokemon ORAS plates were only like 17$ after shipping). Also found some N3DS screen protectors on Amazon as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0159EESEA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A3UBIR55NNWWB

Also a bit sad that some of the really cool plates are apparently super exclusive/rare. The Mario Halftone one looks awesome, as does the Boo plates that cost like 100$ now....I did manage to snag a pre-order on those EU Exclusive Yoshi plates though, but missed the Monster Hunter X sets.

When I purchased these last week from Amazon I thought it was a camouflage design. Now that I have them in hand I see Bowser.[attachment=17412:image.jpg]

Gamestop appears to have lifted the 1-per-customer limit on the 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition. I previously couldn't place a second order for the HGE, but tonight, it went through.

Guess they're selling more slowly than expected.

S&H was $8.49 instead of $8.00 this time, though. :|

I just cancelled my Hyrule edition N3DS.  Realized it was a dumb purchase.  There should also be other LE N3DS coming out which should look nicer. 

bread's done
Back