New Amazon Customer Vote - goodbye Prime, hello Zune!

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
T.M.X. Tickle Me Elmo
$39.99 $30.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETRE0Q/103-4877384-8171033
Zune 30 GB Digital Media Player
$229.95 $90.00 (1,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMZE7W/103-4877384-8171033
WowWee Roboreptile Robotic Reptile
$69.99 $20.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ENW5Q0/103-4877384-8171033
George Foreman 10-Burger Jumbo Grill
$49.99 $5.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BI002E/103-4877384-8171033

I voted for the Zune

(sorry if this has already been posted, i searched for 'Amazon Vote' and didn't see it)

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/103-4877384-8171033

I'd rather get the grill for $5. I really have no use for the Zune as I have a Dell DJ and I don't use it that much to justify spending $90 on another MP3 Player.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']LMAO at all the people that have never even physically seen a Zune, let alone used one, bashing it. I voted for the Zune.[/quote]

I actually played around with it in stores and to me at least, it's easier and more fun to use than the iPod video. And $90 is a steal for real. I don't have a hard drive based music or video player so it's like "why not". Then again... *sigh* It still has crappy shitty things like many of you mentioned. It's like good hardware with crappy software.

zuuuuuune!! actually, i don't remember what i voted for. i hope i clicked the zune instead of the grill.

the zune is not compatible w/ iTunes, right? does that mean i have to retag all my mp3s?!!

Screw first gen media players and cumbersome MS products and VOTE GRILL!

ZUUUUNNNNNEE! I want a Zune! I hope it wins so i can get a chance at it (but a cheap grill never hurt anyone...much)

At this point the zune is probably going to win, so get ready to pay the runner up price for the grill

I have an iPod - you know, the superior mp3 player? But I wanna grill up some burgers in my dorm! I don't care what it is, $5 is a phenominal price. Forman grill got my vote.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']T.M.X. Tickle Me Elmo
$39.99 $30.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETRE0Q/103-4877384-8171033
Zune 30 GB Digital Media Player
$229.95 $90.00 (1,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMZE7W/103-4877384-8171033
WowWee Roboreptile Robotic Reptile
$69.99 $20.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ENW5Q0/103-4877384-8171033
George Foreman 10-Burger Jumbo Grill
$49.99 $5.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BI002E/103-4877384-8171033

I voted for the Zune

(sorry if this has already been posted, i searched for 'Amazon Vote' and didn't seee it)

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/103-4877384-8171033[/QUOTE]

for the love of god vote for the grill so there is no more litle night George shows trying to sell this Grill LOL

I voted for the Zune too. All the people making fun of the zune are still Microsoft's bitches because they probably use WINDOWS!!!! MUAHAHAHA! Hey, the Zune is pretty recent compared to how many years the many flavors of ipods have been around? If only companies didn't implement DRM... 90 bucks is a pretty decent price and I hope I win one. I really wish they would bring back the 360 core for a 100 bucks though.

edit: That's not a grill! That's a PS3 in disguise! I have to agree with whoever pointed that out earlier, it's a conspiracy by Sony.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']This is not a video game deal.[/QUOTE]

true but this is the most widely read forum on CAG and this is a high-interest item

i knew from experience that if i made it in 'other deals' it would be ignored, then someone would re-post in VGD and it would take off

[quote name='JackFlash666']I have an iPod - you know, the superior mp3 player? But I wanna grill up some burgers in my dorm! I don't care what it is, $5 is a phenominal price. Forman grill got my vote.[/quote]

Superior................ because its so damn mainstream? Or just because they have been out for 5 years now? I dont care who you are 90$ for a 30 gig mp3 player is a fucking great deal my vote is for the zune.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I have a terrible feeling some idiots are going to vote for $10 off a tickle me elmo rather than way over half off the Zune or grill (heck, $5 might not be a bad deal on that at all).

Wish Prime was still on there, I would have loved to get it. Maybe Amazon was afraid it was going to win sooner or later :D

Maybe they were afraid people actually would.

I love my iPod, and I'd never normally get a Zune, but hey, for that price I might as well I guess. I'm going to check with my mom first though and see if she'd like that grill :D[/QUOTE]

I think only an idiot would want a Zune. I voted for Elmo.

for those who say this is not a video game deal: you are wrong.

The Zune has special connections with the 360 that no other MP3 player has. so in a sense, this is a 360 add on.

[quote name='porieux']I think only an idiot would want a Zune. I voted for Elmo.[/QUOTE]

For some reason this would run as a great line during the presidential elections.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for those who say this is not a video game deal: you are wrong.

The Zune has special connections with the 360 that no other MP3 player has. so in a sense, this is a 360 add on.[/quote]
Don't forget the PS3, LOLS

[quote name='Drensch']Wow ps3 for 5 bucks![/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']For some reason this would run as a great line during the presidential elections.[/QUOTE]

Elmo/Zune `08

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I would get that as a bumper sticker in a heart beat.[/QUOTE]

me 2 dawg

i might have to pimp that at cafepress

[quote name='PKRipp3r']Elmo/Zune `08[/quote]

Am I the only one who's scared of t3h Elmo? Seriously, the thing creeps me out. It might just pull out a knife and headshot me and then roll on the floor laughing in a pool of my blood. Elmo is red because of the blood of all the people he's killed; just listen to that maniacal laughter, he is a true evil genius.

:lol: op, when i read george foreman grille, i thought you just put that to make fun of the ps3...then i looked a little harder at the pic and it was actually a grille :lol:

[quote name='super_nerd']Am I the only one who's scared of t3h Elmo? Seriously, the thing creeps me out. It might just pull out a knife and headshot me and then roll on the floor laughing in a pool of my blood. Elmo is red because of the blood of all the people he's killed; just listen to that maniacal laughter, he is a true evil genius.[/QUOTE]

someone should re-do the Chuckie movies but with Elmo instead

his arch enemy could be Hulk Hogan

"I'm gonna rip the stuffing outta that little red muppet.. BROTHA!"

elmozune.jpg

Elmo rox tha Zune

After reading IGN's review of the Zune, the only real negatives I see deal with the DRM issues (if you bought Itunes music previously, etc.). Since I'm old-fashioned and believe that if I'm going to buy a cd, I'm going to have a cd in my hands, this doesn't affect me at all.

I've used my Sony Vaio mp3 player religiously for the past year & a half, but my main gripes with it are that you have to use their proprietary cradle to charge/connect it to a pc, and that you have to use their very, VERY slow software to transfer music. Am I right in assuming that the Zune attatches w/ a USB cable? And do you have to use their software, or can you just drag&drop music?

I voted for the Zune. Hopefully I will get selected for the purchase. I like this "lottery system" more than that Xbox 360 fiasco they had a few weeks ago.

I have no idea what to vote for. 30gb is wayyyy too small for an MP3 player for me, so I don't really want a Zune, however baring a miracle it's going to win. Grill at 5$ would be nice, but since it won't win it's not going to be 5$. I guess I'll vote for Elmo to try and sell on Ebay.

Anyone who thinks the Zune is bad is a dipshit.

It's not compatible with music downloaded from iTunes? Gee, what a shocker! Microsoft certainly has the ability to put support in for a proprietary DRM format owned by Apple. Why are you morons buying music from iTunes anyway and then complaining about Zune DRM? iTunes music is not CD quality, and it has DRM. Why anyone would pay for this when they could pirate it and get the same quality without DRM, or buy a CD and get better quality is beyond me.

The Zune supports more file formats than the iPod. It obviously supports unprotected mp3s - so what's the issue here? Rip music from CDs. Pirate it. If you're an idiot who actually uses iTunes, use that program that removes the DRM from that garbage.

It's a non-issue, really. It's became pretty obvious to me that people hating the Zune are just irrational Microsoft haters. They hate Microsoft because it's the "cool" thing to do, while Apple is "elite." Guess what elitists, Apple is an overpriced, extremely proprietary hardware company. While you're paying more for less features, I'm paying less for more features.

I voted for the grill.

The zune is trying to win the ipod market. Zune cannot even compete. The ipod market is after all named the ipod market. Microsoft can keep trying to play chase the market share.

I find it really hard to condone any of their products. Sorry im bitter and trite toward their products.

Plus Microsofts crappy warranty cannot compare to Apple Care and retail customer support available at apple stores.

[quote name='Xizer']Anyone who thinks the Zune is bad is a dipshit.

It's not compatible with music downloaded from iTunes? Gee, what a shocker! Microsoft certainly has the ability to put support in for a proprietary DRM format owned by Apple. Why are you morons buying music from iTunes anyway and then complaining about Zune DRM? iTunes music is not CD quality, and it has DRM. Why anyone would pay for this when they could pirate it and get the same quality without DRM, or buy a CD and get better quality is beyond me.

The Zune supports more file formats than the iPod. It obviously supports unprotected mp3s - so what's the issue here? Rip music from CDs. Pirate it. If you're an idiot who actually uses iTunes, use that program that removes the DRM from that garbage.

It's a non-issue, really. It's became pretty obvious to me that people hating the Zune are just irrational Microsoft haters. They hate Microsoft because it's the "cool" thing to do, while Apple is "elite." Guess what elitists, Apple is an overpriced, extremely proprietary hardware company. While you're paying more for less features, I'm paying less for more features.[/quote]
Dood, you're coming across as an MS fanboy, no need for the name calling. But with that said, I own an Ipod myself and it's really not hard to rip music from one format to another. I voted for the Zune myself.

[quote name='Xizer']Anyone who thinks the Zune is bad is a dipshit.

It's a non-issue, really. It's became pretty obvious to me that people hating the Zune are just irrational Microsoft haters. They hate Microsoft because it's the "cool" thing to do, while Apple is "elite." Guess what elitists, Apple is an overpriced, extremely proprietary hardware company. While you're paying more for less features, I'm paying less for more features.[/QUOTE]

Dude, relax, there no need to be so crass about products. Who the fuck cares?

iTunes works. That is to say, who gives a shit about DRM. As long as you can listen to your tunes while on a run or in your car. The average joe is going to go with what works easy and automatically. Apples aren't for elitists. I have an apple and I am not an elitist. I just feel as though the company overall has a business model that has a positive relationship with both the environment and their customers.

I don't hate Microsoft. I hate is too strong of a word. There are some things they are getting right from following other companies business models. There are some things they are getting wrong from their own internal initiatives.

Now before you go cash in that check microsoft sent you from their marketing team.

Be a little more modest dude. It'll help your blood pressure. No need to get stabby with fellow cags.

[quote name='jimbodan']I have no idea what to vote for. 30gb is wayyyy too small for an MP3 player for me, so I don't really want a Zune, however baring a miracle it's going to win. Grill at 5$ would be nice, but since it won't win it's not going to be 5$. I guess I'll vote for Elmo to try and sell on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I second that. I have 95gigs of music. I can't event get an ipod that will satiate my taste buds.

[quote name='bo0']I second that. I have 95gigs of music. I can't event get an ipod that will satiate my taste buds.[/QUOTE]

At least you can fix most of yours on an 80GB.

I have 197GBs :cry:

[quote name='Sporadic']At least you can fix most of yours on an 80GB.

I have 197GBs :cry:[/QUOTE]

true.

ooo la la. damn, people say i have too much music. Mine works out to be 67 days of music on itunes.

I need to download more often.

bread's done
Back