New Battlefield Clan Topic - WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE!!

Anyone still play 1942? I finally have a machine that can handle BF2 but I don't really have the cash to pick it up.

The cheapest BF2 I know of would be 40 bucks at Best Buy with the 10 dollar coupon. Any cheaper?

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Anyone still play 1942? I finally have a machine that can handle BF2 but I don't really have the cash to pick it up.

The cheapest BF2 I know of would be 40 bucks at Best Buy with the 10 dollar coupon. Any cheaper?[/QUOTE]

some guys sell it around here for cheap you might wanna look around the trade threads.

just played a couple of games and I must say there are alot of improvements. for one we can see who is in ur vehicle with u , the flag zones have names. I dunno if this was a glitch but when I revived 2 people I ranked up twice .

I thought it was a glitch cause everyone in the game had a pretty High ranking. I guess the system was boggled down or something but anywho the new map was awesome.

Hey Casey, I put in my old video card today and it did the same thing on BF2. Isn't that weird, but now I can play videos.

Reality's Fringe said:
I'm a private! I haven't played oa ranked server yet for fear of getting my ass handed to me. I need more practice.

Ranked servers aren't bad really...sure there are some good people, but usually it's a mish-mash of skills. It used to be easy to tell good people by their rank, but now it's hard since everyone has such high ranks.

Wake Island's pretty cool too! The first Chinese map I've played in ages....And 3 unlocks was kinda cool too, but so far none seem as huge a step up as the medic unlock. With that you basically become a sniper who can heal himself! Glad I unlocked it way long ago...

Well, downloaded the patch. Installed it, got a "Patch install failed" window, but the next window showed it finished. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it is and jump in a few games. Probably after 10pm EST and on weekends though.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, downloaded the patch. Installed it, got a "Patch install failed" window, but the next window showed it finished. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it is and jump in a few games. Probably after 10pm EST and on weekends though.[/QUOTE]

lol I dont think the game likes you or your computer . let us know if your rank stats starts to work . I should be online today seeing as the new patch makes it much better.

Did anyone notice that the sound effects on the APC cannon has changed it has more bass to it , also I noticed the tank looks different then again I kept playing on the chinese side which im not really used to so I could be wrong.

New rankings system huh thats awesome lol I got 2 upgrade ranks in a row I like this new system gonna play more often now.

[quote name='jam3582']lol I dont think the game likes you or your computer . let us know if your rank stats starts to work .[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up though. I'll give the map a few runs sometime this week.

Picked up SWAT 4 on clearance at Target today as well. Anyone else wanna try a co-op game sometime? I'll likely suck, but might as well give that a try as well.

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?userid=7577

Hmmm...at 3003 global right now, and still a lance corporal when I played a few rounds last night with the new patch. According to all the stats and everything I should now be a sergeant? Maybe it just takes some time to update it.

Hopefully when I log on later today i'll have gone up and gained 2 ranks (is that right?).

yea it will update. If it does not, join another server and it will give you your promotions again and then log out and log back in. I had to do it twice before the new ranks registered.

I started using the DAO more and if you are looking for an upgrade it is pretty good. I hated on it for a long time, but I was just cleaning house with it. M95 is also really really good

Well, I really am starting to think the game has deeply rooted personal issues with my PC that not even Dr. Phil could solve. I decide to fire up the game for the first time in months. What do I get?

Nothing.

Straight back to desktop without a hint of the program even running. So, I try to reinstall the patch again. "Patch Install Failed".

So I'm trying to download the damn file again and hoping it works. I thought the stat-tracking crapshoot not updating for me (still all 0's last I checked) was problem enough, but I can't even run the damn game. I'll give it one more good try though.

Reinstall the re-downloaded patch. If that doesn't work, the final, uninstall/reinstall two-step/patching hail mary. Come on now...come through for me, or it's back to Battlefield Vietnam.

This sucks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, I really am starting to think the game has deeply rooted personal issues with my PC that not even Dr. Phil could solve. I decide to fire up the game for the first time in months. What do I get?

Nothing.

Straight back to desktop without a hint of the program even running. So, I try to reinstall the patch again. "Patch Install Failed".

So I'm trying to download the damn file again and hoping it works. I thought the stat-tracking crapshoot not updating for me (still all 0's last I checked) was problem enough, but I can't even run the damn game. I'll give it one more good try though.

Reinstall the re-downloaded patch. If that doesn't work, the final, uninstall/reinstall two-step/patching hail mary. Come on now...come through for me, or it's back to Battlefield Vietnam.

This sucks.[/QUOTE]

damn what bad luck heres hoping this method works .

Good games last night Casey & Jam. I played for a little while longer after you guys left and ranked up to Corporal. I unlocked the DAO-12 & the L-85. I played with the L-85 for a little bit and I was pretty impressed with its range and accuracy. Good stuff. I'm going to have to try out the DAO tonight when I get out of work.

Also, for some weird reason I never got a medal from when I finished it the top 3 on the Wake Island map that one game. I'm pretty sure I finished first overall on our team and second overall in the server so I at least should have gotten a silver medal. Oh well, probably had a glitch or something and didn't register.

Anyway, if you guys are playing tonight I'll try and join up with you.

I will definately be on. Only 1000 away from another rank increase according to my sig. and I want that support gun if it is so bad ass (I still think that fucker was cheating because one shot kill with a support weapon is bullshit)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will definately be on. Only 1000 away from another rank increase according to my sig. and I want that support gun if it is so bad ass (I still think that fucker was cheating because one shot kill with a support weapon is bullshit)[/QUOTE]

Well guys, just like i promised, new patch, and i'll start playing again!

I have almost all of you guys on my AIM buddy list...how should we organize where we are going to play tonight? I'll keep tabs on this thread so I can hop on with you guys later on after class.

I unlocked the DOA and the Spec Ops gun last night...pretty good, the DOA has some amazing range on it if you get a good bead on someone, and totally rips up close. I do still think the L85 is one of the better unlocks, it makes the medic class more field ready imo.

[quote name='JDMxB']Well guys, just like i promised, new patch, and i'll start playing again!

I have almost all of you guys on my AIM buddy list...how should we organize where we are going to play tonight? I'll keep tabs on this thread so I can hop on with you guys later on after class.

I unlocked the DOA and the Spec Ops gun last night...pretty good, the DOA has some amazing range on it if you get a good bead on someone, and totally rips up close. I do still think the L85 is one of the better unlocks, it makes the medic class more field ready imo.[/QUOTE]

download XFire and Teamspeak. XFire allows us to find each other easier and until the patch screwed it up, it had one click join for getting in the game with your buddies.

Teamspeak is also really nice because then we don't have to worry if a server has VOIP and don't have to hit a button to talk to each other

I need to find a good faq on this game. What dictates whether you rank up or not? I played for an hour last night and got nothing, where as some guys ranked up two times per match. (and they wern't doing much).

Reality's Fringe]I need to find a good faq on this game. What dictates whether you rank up or not? I played for an hour last night and got nothing said:
you accumulate points as you play on ranked servers. If you have all the badge requirements and the points, you will rank up. 300 points is for the first unlock, 800 is the next and so on.

and hopefully we can find an open Wake, Sharqi, Karkand server tonight. I am going to try and get the veteran knife medal

Yup, this game hates me. At least it works (so far).

Reinstalled the game this morning and halfway through, the computer restarts. Great. So I have to install again. Finally got it up and running again with the patch. I haven't checked if I got stats updated for a quick game I played, but I'll check again when I play.

I think this was discussed, but what is the proper way to exit out of a ranked game to get credits for it? Do you have to wait 'till the map has been played through and there's a map change, or can you just quit at the end of a round and hit disconnect when the first spawn comes up?

points accumulate any time you play on a ranked server.

I highly suggest you make a new account if your points are not tracking. I think it would be worth it to do so to see if it would solve your point accumulation problem

Got Xfire today. Hit me up this weekend if you guys don't mind me getting some practice in with you.

oscarpennyshire is my name, and desperately trying to not get shot is my game.

alright I am getting on. I may have to get off for a while later, but I hope not. I will log into TS and leave my headset on.

I'm up for a game right now, I tried entering the IP in the "connect to IP" tab but it says that no such server exists. I tried located you Casey on AIM and Xfire and it also says you're not on. So how do I enter the server?

Good freakin lord, Xfire server is down so i can't register until 6pm pst.

What server are you guys on, i'm hoping to hop on direct IP with the #.

Now trying to chase Jam around hopping servers--all full! haha...i'm gonna wait it out.

[quote name='TheRock88']Good game tonight, enjoyed playing with you guys.[/QUOTE]

Yea, brings back old times!

Good playing some BF2 again, hope to do it again soon.

Well, got the game up and running and it's so unstable. Perfectly fine before I left, but it keeps crashing on me. I'm gonna have to figure this out sometime as I'm kind of getting back into it. Played a game on the new map and I really liked it. Annoyed though, that I had a crash right when I was having a decent run going.

[quote name='JDMxB']Yea, brings back old times!

Good playing some BF2 again, hope to do it again soon.[/QUOTE]

do you have a mic ? everyone should download teamspeak that way they could here us talking and cordinating attacks. Its kinda hard now using the ingame text . Awesome games last night Sorry I had to leave , my mother came over so you know cant play any games when she is over lol.

I should be on later since I am only at work today for some OT .

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, got the game up and running and it's so unstable. Perfectly fine before I left, but it keeps crashing on me. I'm gonna have to figure this out sometime as I'm kind of getting back into it. Played a game on the new map and I really liked it. Annoyed though, that I had a crash right when I was having a decent run going.[/QUOTE]

damn hmmm casey is pretty good at looking up for problems with the game he helped me alot. We need more people like you steve on the squads it would help us out alot more .

Oh also since I know ur stats arent working dosent it mean you couldnt upgrade neither ?

[quote name='jam3582']damn hmmm casey is pretty good at looking up for problems with the game he helped me alot. We need more people like you steve on the squads it would help us out alot more .

Oh also since I know ur stats arent working dosent it mean you couldnt upgrade neither ?[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna do the whole driver update thing again to see if reinstalled ones improve things. So frustrating when this is the one game that gives me so much trouble. HL2, Doom 3, and FarCry are all running well for me.

I was able to get the patch installed though, so I'm headed in the right direction.

ATi graphics card? If you do not have the newest drivers, BF2 won't play right as 5.8 (?) had a lot of errors associated with it. The latest one fixes them

[quote name='CaseyRyback']ATi graphics card? If you do not have the newest drivers, BF2 won't play right as 5.8 (?) had a lot of errors associated with it. The latest one fixes them[/QUOTE]
Got Catalyst 5.9, but I'm updating the sound card drivers as well. Could the Audigy 2 line's driver updates be any more confusing? You'd think newer drivers would contain improvements from previous ones, but it looks like I'll have to install drivers released in '03 on top of the newest one. BTW, anyone else on an Audigy 2? What drivers you have on there? There's a newer Beta release that came out last month, but I'm not sure I wanna go with that one.

bread's done
Back