New Battlefield Clan Topic - WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE!!

Ooohhh...choppers...I remember flying around with a few of you my last extended gaming session a few months ago. That dam map was pretty fun flying the Cobra right through the opening with the capture point.

My best area of this game is easily flying choppers. When I'm in the zone, I can hover and blow the shit out of anything with an Apache. I can fly you guys over drop zones with a transport as well.

From what i remember, we do have a good number of capable chopper/plane pilots...which is very impressive, considering our playing pool.

I think alot has to do with our time zone differences...I find that when I get home at around 10pm all you guys on the east coast are already gone (and understandably so...it's late over there).

Would be fun though!

special forces comes out next week and I will probably cancel my gogamer.com pre-order and nab it in store at best buy or CC in case of a sale so that I can go ahead and have it the day it comes out.

I wish EA would have given people a deal if they downloaded it from them, because I would have preferred doing that.

So....I guess you can't zip-line from a chopper eh?

Hopefully my $21.xx backordered pre-order at oupost.com pulls through. Otherwise, I guess I can wait a bit.

Long time no see :)
I'll probably be on for a bit later (my dorm's connection is way over stretched, so the only time I have a prayer of playing is on weekends when everyone goes home). Hope to maybe see a few of you.

we don't play on the server because it is not ranked. You have me on Xfire so just add some of the others and keep up with the topic.

Also download TS if you do not have it

hey casey wassup sorry I have been lost lol , really havent played any games on my comp for a while been to lazy. Did you get special forces and how is it Imma pick it up soon. Let me know what u think of it .

i have been working on my PC so I have not had much chance to play it (new graphics card, case, PSU, and a few other things still to come in the mail). What I have played has been fun becuase it is more infantry based. The whole night vision takes a little while to get used to, but once you do is pretty nifty. Mass destruction is really neat as it is kind of like sharqi in a way.

If you can get one of those 10 dollar off Best Buy coupons (inside the 360 promo cases) I would snag it as it is worth getting for 20.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']i have been working on my PC so I have not had much chance to play it (new graphics card, case, PSU, and a few other things still to come in the mail). What I have played has been fun becuase it is more infantry based. The whole night vision takes a little while to get used to, but once you do is pretty nifty. Mass destruction is really neat as it is kind of like sharqi in a way.

If you can get one of those 10 dollar off Best Buy coupons (inside the 360 promo cases) I would snag it as it is worth getting for 20.[/QUOTE]

alright sounds like a plan. So what vid card did u get ?

[quote name='jam3582']alright sounds like a plan. So what vid card did u get ?[/QUOTE]

an AIW x800 XT. I like it so far. Definately nice to not have to play games in really low res. Can't wait for the memory to get here so I won't be so slow when it comes to loading the game

both bob and I have it, along with quite a few others who are on the clanlist (heous is playing special forces right now).

I really like what I have seen so far because it is different, but retains the fun aspects. Plus I love the renewed ground and pound focus.

SF is definitely worth the purchase, especially if you can get it at BB with the coupon to bring it down to $20. Hell, I would pay $10 for Warlord alone.

Casey, what card did you have before? I could have sworn you said you had an X800 already.

[quote name='b0bx13']SF is definitely worth the purchase, especially if you can get it at BB with the coupon to bring it down to $20. Hell, I would pay $10 for Warlord alone.

Casey, what card did you have before? I could have sworn you said you had an X800 already.[/QUOTE]

naw I had a 9600 before. deadpool and jam have x800's as well (unless they upgraded)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']naw I had a 9600 before. deadpool and jam have x800's as well (unless they upgraded)[/QUOTE]

x800 xt still , lol I am not upgrading until prolly next summer or winter godamn cards are way to expensive for me now . hmm I might pick it up tomorrow. But first I think I need to beat FEAR and QUAKE 4. To think I started a freaking thread about FEAR and I havent even finished it lol .

[quote name='CaseyRyback']naw I had a 9600 before. deadpool and jam have x800's as well (unless they upgraded)[/QUOTE]

I have the x850 xt. My set up right now is:

AMD 64 3500+
2 GB RAM
x850 xt

So I should be good for a while.

Also, I haven't picked up Special Forces yet and I don't know if I am going to. I still have to beat FEAR as well and don't even know when that will happen. Lately I've been playing Guitar Hero which I like a lot (even though I probably should be playing my real life bass instead).

If you ever want to get a game going in good ole regular BF2 just let me know. I definitely would like to play with you guys again.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If you can get one of those 10 dollar off Best Buy coupons (inside the 360 promo cases) I would snag it as it is worth getting for 20.[/QUOTE]

For those that aren't aware, BB is selling SF for $25 this week, so if you get said coupon you can pick this up for ~$15. Well worth it IMO, but give it time. I was daunted at first but it's growing on me quickly.

Can anyone help me out?
I keep getting booted by punkbuster for 2 minutes, because it says it cannot update itself. It gets annoying when I can only play for 15 minutes without getting booted. I haven't altered my client at all and I dont understand why it is not able to update while im playing.
It's annoying as hell.
Just got the xpak and jebus it's hard to stay alive when everyone else has the upgraded weapons and is 1 shotting or 1 bursting you. Not sure if I like it yet or not.

my friend is having the same problem.

If you figure out the fix will you post it? and if you cannot figure it out I am going over to his house tomorrow and will see if I can fix his and will post the solution.

If I get a chance I will also check out some forums for a fix.

As far as the coupon goes, if the game is on sale it will not work since the game needs to be 29.99 and up for the coupon to work

Ya i will take a look around the net for it. I was just hoping someone knew offhand how to fix it. Maybe it just doesnt like me. If I find a permanent fix I'll post it up. Good luck on your end! :)

I got my ram today and so I will start to play more. I was not getting a good FR when I bumped up the resolution with my new card, but now that I can with my ram I will definately start playing more.

maybe we can get a match going this weekend or next week sometime.

I will try and play tomorrow, but I don't know if I can because I need to work on my sociology project.

[quote name='b0bx13']http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf2.php
Try downloading and installing it manually.[/QUOTE]

Ugh I have just about pulled my hair out over this. I put all that stuff in manually and tried it out but kept getting dropped. So I uninstalled everything for a fresh installation.
Then it would start to DL the map and then crash to desktop. After a completely fresh new uninstall/reinstallation on the 3rd attempt I got it to load up properly. I manually put in those files, but I still got dropped.- Just not as fast as before. So I guess its the only/best solution for me.

Reports say it is usually because you have a router/firewall problem. The problem is that I hadn't changed any of my firewall settings and didn't have a router when this started to happen to me.
I'm beginning to think it's on my ISP's end since I have had just about dial up speeds for the last couple months down from 3000 kb max possible.

Hope you have better luck Casey. At least it was a temporary fix. I was able to play for well over half an hour before it bumped me after manually DLing those files from Bobx13's link.

Thx Bobx13!! :) :bouncy:

In case anyone is interested, Compusa is selling the Zboard for 20 dollars after 30 dollars in rebates. Also you can get the Battlefield 2 keyset for free AR if you get the Zboard.

I picked one up and I thought it was a pretty nice keyboard. Definately a must have if you use support class because it is really easy to drop into prone and the close layout of the keys definately provides easy functionality once you get used to it. For 20 dollars, I would definately look into getting one if you are in need of a new keyboard.

I know I mentioned this in other threads, but I figured I would mention it in this one. Also the Battlefield layout is OOS online from what I read on another forum, but CoD2 and Age of Empires III are still in stock (those three are the ones that qualify to get for free AR)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']In case anyone is interested, Compusa is selling the Zboard for 20 dollars after 30 dollars in rebates. Also you can get the Battlefield 2 keyset for free AR if you get the Zboard.

I picked one up and I thought it was a pretty nice keyboard. Definately a must have if you use support class because it is really easy to drop into prone and the close layout of the keys definately provides easy functionality once you get used to it. For 20 dollars, I would definately look into getting one if you are in need of a new keyboard.

I know I mentioned this in other threads, but I figured I would mention it in this one. Also the Battlefield layout is OOS online from what I read on another forum, but CoD2 and Age of Empires III are still in stock (those three are the ones that qualify to get for free AR)[/QUOTE]
Cool little gadget. Is that USB? I'm using the wireless MX Duo setup (mouse and k/b), would that be much of a hassle switching between the two? Or can I just plug in the Zboard and set aside my regular k/b?

yea it is USB and the cable is a pretty good length. AS far as switching between the keyboards, I had no problem switching between my other keyboard and my zboard. I left both hooked up and after I was done testing out my Zboard I went back to my regular keyboard and did not have to do anything.

It also has a USB port in the keyboard so you can hook your mouse directly through the keyboard if you want to use it as a primary keyboard (it comes with a standard and a gaming layout and switching them out takes all of 30 seconds). I have not tried to hook up my mouse through there though since I have it through a PS/2 adaptor. Next time I pull out the keyboard I may try it out though.

Fry's (Palo Alto, CA) had Zboards for $20 (regular price, no rebate). There were BF2 ones, Age of Empire III ones, and one more, I forgot. Looked small and convenient, but I am broke...

And SF crashes a lot more than BF2 for me, which I guess is kinda good, since it can get either ridiculously addictive or ridiculously annoying (few servers to play on so far). The perma-lag on Iron Gator is also ridiculous! /ridiculous rant

I agree. the lag in Special Forces really sucks. Every server I have played on has had a ton of lag, but like you said this does not mean the game is not fun

I will definately be playing more over the next month or so as I only have two weeks of school left and aside from a few tests I am pretty much done. My friend also got the game for you guys with just regular so I might be playing just regular from time to time as well, but mostly will be playing SF as I have not played it too much

Alright, does anyone know of a decent server that actually USES the squads for more than just a spawnpoint? There's nothing worse than getting into a squad, asking for orders and having nothing be acknowledged. Also, it seems the squads just spread out like buckshots on the map. It would be nice to have a squad leader (who uses the f***ing mic) who can give orders; hell, it would be nice, when squad leader, to have people willing to TAKE the orders too.

Sorry for the bitching, just frustrated.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Alright, does anyone know of a decent server that actually USES the squads for more than just a spawnpoint? There's nothing worse than getting into a squad, asking for orders and having nothing be acknowledged. Also, it seems the squads just spread out like buckshots on the map. It would be nice to have a squad leader (who uses the f***ing mic) who can give orders; hell, it would be nice, when squad leader, to have people willing to TAKE the orders too.

Sorry for the bitching, just frustrated.[/QUOTE]

kinda of one reason why I stopped playing with others and just stuck with playing with casey and some other regulars . I havent been up to playin much cause of all the crap that goes around my life sheeesh this sucks.

[quote name='Frogger']god willing, im going to play tonight.

but, you never know. things always seem to come up. anyone else want to play?[/QUOTE]

I think I can play tonight. Is it reg BF2 or SF?

ive got both, so either would have been fine. unfortauntely, the desire to watch my new copy of episode 3 was more powerful than the urge to play bf2 :)

and tonight im going out for sushi... hmm.

since this is a long weekend coming up - im sure we can get a good game going at some point...no?

[quote name='Frogger']ive got both, so either would have been fine. unfortauntely, the desire to watch my new copy of episode 3 was more powerful than the urge to play bf2 :)

and tonight im going out for sushi... hmm.

since this is a long weekend coming up - im sure we can get a good game going at some point...no?[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, I'll try to get on Xfire more often (I forget A LOT). I'm addicted to Surge and Ghost Town servers (almost forgot about the night maps completely).

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146960

they don't sound as bad as I thought they were going to sound, and considering the price it seems to be a pretty good deal.

I am going to try and start playing again this weekend, so if you see me on Xfire and want to play send a shout out and I will hop on Teamspeak. I probably will be playing vanilla battlefield because I don't know how the night vision levels are going to play on my monitor (it has a brightness problem and I paid someone to fix the problem, only the part has not arrived yet).

bread's done
Back