[NEW] Beverly Hills Chihuahua [Blu-Ray] $10 off Instantly! [Use Coupon Sticky Above]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit goes to 71Makaveli96 (From CAG) :hot:

Please Note: If the coupon couldn't scan, please tell them to cover the barcode on the right side then scan it on the left barcode. If the scan doesn't rang up, just override them by typing -10 and hit enter.

[NEW] Beverly Hills Chihuahua [Blu-Ray] - $10 off [Expires April 30, 2009]

f4d7_1.JPG

Hi-Res: [Insert Link]

Courtesy to ...

Actual size in inches: 5-5/16" x 3-5/8"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[hiddenlist]

[DEAD] The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian [Blu-Ray] - $10 off [Expires January 31, 2009]

vsibeh.jpg

Hi-Res: http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/894/princecaspianyh7.jpg

Courtesy to wormraper for the coupon scan!

[DEAD] College Road Trip [Blu-Ray] - $10 off [Expires October 31, 2008]

1zovy4y.jpg

Hi-Res: http://i37.tinypic.com/1z4fmtk.jpg

[DEAD] College Road Trip [Blu-Ray] - $3 off [Expires October 31, 2008]

2uz32at.jpg

Hi-Res: http://i38.tinypic.com/x25c11.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DEAD] National Treasure 2 [Blu-Ray]

fc5vzd.png

Hi-Res: http://i25.tinypic.com/wjxvt4.png

[DEAD] Enchanted [Blu-Ray]

10xhx1u.png

Hi-Res: http://i28.tinypic.com/285e7l.png

[DEAD] No Country for Old Men [Blu-Ray]

19t6jl.png

Hi-Res: http://i28.tinypic.com/2v9rh2t.jpg

[DEAD] Dan in Real Life [Blu-Ray]

wt86tf.png

Hi-Res: http://i27.tinypic.com/1zmp3l2.jpg

[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nosferatu51']While I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie, you got the reason completely wrong. The ending makes sense if you followed the story for what it was. Think about the ending and the title and that MAY help you come to grips with it a bit better.
If that doesn't work, consider why all the violence (and there were some extremely violent scenes) were so muted. Those were some very visceral, very violent scenes but they didn't have a huge impact.... on purpose. That worked for 2 reasons: 1) It takes the focus away from it and therefore makes you concentrate on the elements it is being used to accentuate and 2) It works as a direct dichotomy between the world that Tommy Lee Jones' character is used to and the world he now finds himself in (and influences our perception of it such that he is the outsider to our world too). This circumstance (#2) is clearly illustrated in 2 conversations in the movie. 1 is when he is discussing how they use a device to kill cattle.... the exact same device the villain uses against people. The other is his discussion with the other town's police chief in the cafe (I believe towards the end, it's been a while).
This movie was not a murder mystery, cat and mouse cop movie, etc. It was a character story that attempted to show a shift in sensibilities, etc... the same kind of thing you always hear from old men about "back in my day..."
This kind of movie tends to be above the general American consciousness though. Keep in mind this is the same crowd that allowed Meet the Spartans to remain at the top of the box office for 2 weeks (I think it was only 2 weeks). Subtlety and thought are usually lost on most movie-goers... simply consider yourself one of the masses then. Anyway, as I said... not my favorite movie, but that's just because, for whatever reason, it didn't really go over as the #1 movie of the year to me. I felt there were better movies. You, on the other hand, just didn't get it.[/quote]
Well said! I loved it (but still need to see there will be blood).

thanks op. i preordered my copy at fye so ill try it when i go to pick it up. if i get denied then whatever, but if its accepted it'll be $6.39 after everything.

[quote name='ghozt']thanks op. i preordered my copy at fye so ill try it when i go to pick it up. if i get denied then whatever, but if its accepted it'll be $6.39 after everything.[/QUOTE]

How are you able to get it the pre-order rebate at the B&M?

[quote name='DrunkMasterChief']Um... No they are the HD-Blu Ray Versions[/quote]

Read the post you quoted again. He said the coupons are IN the SD DVD versions. As in, you buy the SD DVD, open it, and the coupon is staring back at you.

So No Country is under a Disney subsidiary, could I double this coupon with the $5 Disney coupon? And the $5 off BB coupon?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Can you explain how to do this?? I take it that it has something to do with visiting FYE in person right?[/quote]

yeah i have an FYE like 5 minutes away from me.

[quote name='lurknomore']How are you able to get it the pre-order rebate at the B&M?[/quote]

this is my first time preordering at fye so im not sure if it'll work, but i asked the clerk and she said the rebate will print out at time of purchase.

[quote name='wasey']So No Country is under a Disney subsidiary, could I double this coupon with the $5 Disney coupon? And the $5 off BB coupon?[/quote]

The disney 5 off expired XD

More like...No Country for Crappy Movies. I generally like teh Coen brothers but I found this movie to be absolute trash. It wouldn't both me if it wasn't so good if not for teh fact that Hollywood is spooging for it every 10 minutes. If this is what they consider the best movie of the year then I can exactly why they are hurting in the box office. Oh and Cloverfield doesn't help them much either.

2007 ticket sales were up 4.9% from 2006 and no country made 72 million in the US, so who exactly is hurting in the box office?

I liked No Country and loved Cloverfield. If you aren't going to use this coupon, then why are you posting in this thread? Take it to a reviews thread......

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']More like...No Country for Crappy Movies. I generally like teh Coen brothers but I found this movie to be absolute trash. It wouldn't both me if it wasn't so good if not for teh fact that Hollywood is spooging for it every 10 minutes. If this is what they consider the best movie of the year then I can exactly why they are hurting in the box office. Oh and Cloverfield doesn't help them much either.[/quote]
Why exactly do you think anyone cares about your opinion? Take your trolling elsewhere

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']More like...No Country for Crappy Movies. I generally like teh Coen brothers but I found this movie to be absolute trash. It wouldn't both me if it wasn't so good if not for teh fact that Hollywood is spooging for it every 10 minutes. If this is what they consider the best movie of the year then I can exactly why they are hurting in the box office. Oh and Cloverfield doesn't help them much either.[/quote]

Wow. . .just. . .wow. . .

If you like the Coen brothers and hated No Country For Old Men, then you have missed what makes the Coen brothers the formidable force they are. No Country for Old Men is the culmination of everything that they strive for. It's a near perfect work for them, which is about as good as movies get. No Country for Old Men is for the Coen brothers as A Simple Plan is for Sam Raimi. It's their master work - their magnum opus. I doubt they'll ever make a movie this fine again.

Also, it helps to watch the movie more than once. The first time I saw it, I was completely engaged until the "abrupt" ending. I dismissed it as a botched movie until I had a chance to watch it again with my brother. Watching it again can help you put many of the confusing elements and complexities into context. When the pieces fit together, you realize how grand and elegant this canvas is. Heaven forbid Hollywood should ever make a movie that asks it's viewers to think. . .

I know I'll get flamed by many for saying this, but to trash-talk the greatness of this movie is to loudly pronounce your complete cinematic illiteracy and ignorance.

Has anybody found NCFOM cheaper than $30 retail? Looking through my Sunday ads, it's $30 at BestBuy and Target, and the Circuit City ad did not have a price.

[quote name='D_Icon']So this will work at BestBuy, CircuitCity, and Target no questions asked?

$20 for a BluRay works for me.

http://homepage.mac.com/mchoi/.Pictures/NoCountry.tif
thats not loading up for me.[/quote]

It should work anywhere since it's a manufacturer's coupon. But I'm looking to get it for the cheapest. I'm hoping WalMart has it for $25 or so, maybe Best Buy will have it cheaper than $30 as well.

EDIT: Damn, amazon has it for $23.95...any idea of how I can get the coupon to work on amazon (if at all?)??? $14 for this would be amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/No-Country-Ol..._bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205173671&sr=8-3

Wal-mart has it listed online at $23.87, is that what they're gonna be charging in store as well? I'll dredge into that craphole to get No Country for for $14 on Blu-ray, but if they're charging the same as everywhere else, I'll go somewhere else.

[quote name='geeknhard']Wal-mart has it listed online at $23.87, is that what they're gonna be charging in store as well? I'll dredge into that craphole to get No Country for for $14 on Blu-ray, but if they're charging the same as everywhere else, I'll go somewhere else.[/quote] anytime i go to walmart the instore prices are different from the online, so it'll prolly be 30 in store

[quote name='ThisIsJackBauer']anytime i go to walmart the instore prices are different from the online, so it'll prolly be 30 in store[/quote]

Damn, that would suck. So they match their online prices? (And if they do match them, they probably won't take the coupon on top of that...)

Hmmm, decisions, decisions on where to pick this up from. Maybe Fry's has it for cheap.

[quote name='ThisIsJackBauer']anytime i go to walmart the instore prices are different from the online, so it'll prolly be 30 in store[/quote]

My experience is that they match what is on the website (was that was with 30 days of Night and New Frontier)

With that said I will be getting it at Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Deadpool']What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

Its means Best Buy will pricematch online retailer that owned by retailer and must be local. Meaning both Best Buy and Walmart must be in the same city.

In my experience, walmart.com and walmart B&M prices seem to vary a little. For example, walmart.com lists the Justice League blu-ray movie at $26.88, but it was $24.9x at my local store. I doubt No Country For Old Men will be less than the $23.87 it is listed at now, but just the fact that B&M and online prices are not the same will make me not surprised if it costs more in store.

[quote name='D_Icon']So this will work at BestBuy, CircuitCity, and Target no questions asked?

$20 for a BluRay works for me.

http://homepage.mac.com/mchoi/.Pictures/NoCountry.tif
thats not loading up for me.[/quote]

Just a heads up, last time they had one of these for Pirates AWE, I tried using it at Best Buy and it wouldn't scan in their system. The clerk was nice enough to manually give me the $10 off, but this time I'm just going to try Target, as I've never had a manufacturer coupon not work there.

[quote name='lawdood']Just a heads up, last time they had one of these for Pirates AWE, I tried using it at Best Buy and it wouldn't scan in their system. The clerk was nice enough to manually give me the $10 off, but this time I'm just going to try Target, as I've never had a manufacturer coupon not work there.[/quote]I tried the AWE coupon first at Target when it came out, and it worked right at the register without any issue, knocked it down to $19.99.

When BB had it for $19.99 and I used the coupon, they didn't have it come off manually, though they rang it up as "Manufacturer's Coupon" on the total line, knocking it down to $9.99.

I just got back from walmart and with the coupon No Country For Old Men came to be $14.xx. They did not have the new blu-ray movies put in the case yet, they were behind the counter in electronics. I didn't ask how much Dan In Real Life costs. I guess it helps if you go late at night and get the late night crew that might not raise a suspicion about a printed coupon ;)

In other news, they had Hitman on blu-ray, but were charging $29.99, boo

Heh I just got back from Walmart myself. I didnt bother with the coupons or anything and just bought the Blu-Ray straight up. Was 24.96 and Im happy and content with paying that.

my local Walmart sucks the shit off of a dead donkey's ass though, I can't stand it most of the time

Just wanted to let the CAGers know that I came back from Wal-Mart with No Country for Old Men on Blu Ray for $16.49. Here's how it went down:

I printed out the coupon. Nothing special, just printed it so that it took up most of the page to make it look more like a legitimate coupon than a print-out. Don't bother printing it in color.

I went down to the local Wal-Mart (for all you Orlando CAGers, it's the one on Colonial Drive) at 8:30 this morning. Not sure if it makes a difference what time, but I find that the morning crew is much more willing to help than the afternoon-late crew. It took a little while to find the movie as the employees were still putting DVDs on the shelf. Finally though, a woman in the electronics section found the box of NCFOM Blu Ray discs and it was mine.

I took it to the self checkout and scanned it in. An employee had to come over to check the transaction as NCFOM is rated R. After that, I asked the woman about the coupon. I told her that I had this coupon and wasn't sure if it would scan in the computer. She folded the paper so that the UPC code was at the very bottom of the page and scanned it several times into the computer system before it finally went through and (10.00) appeared on the screen. Total for the transaction was $16.49.

In short, go through the self checkout if you're able to and scan the coupon yourself. It might take a couple of tries, but it should go through no problem.

got it was walmart, mishawaka, in...no problems at all. had to ask for NCTOM at the electronics counter and the cashier scanned the printed coupon. thanks op...can't wait to watch it! $16.49 after tax

I'll definitely be getting it from Walmart, as the place doesn't get my panties into a bunch like it does some people. Thanks, OP!

I went to a Wal-Mart and the lady at the cash register said that they don't accept print-outs. I said that the coupon was emailed to me. She said they can't take it, she ask another lady in the register and that lady also said that they don't accept print-outs. That sucked because Wal-Mart had the blu-ray NCFOM for $24.96.

I had to go to a BestBuy across the street from wal-mart, they took the coupon but I ended up paying $22.61

[quote name='DeskLaser']I just got back from walmart and with the coupon No Country For Old Men came to be $14.xx. They did not have the new blu-ray movies put in the case yet, they were behind the counter in electronics. I didn't ask how much Dan In Real Life costs. I guess it helps if you go late at night and get the late night crew that might not raise a suspicion about a printed coupon ;)

In other news, they had Hitman on blu-ray, but were charging $29.99, boo[/quote]

Confirmed the printed coupon worked like a charm at Walmart. The only problem was as some have reported - they didn't have it in the case, just a box of new Blu Rays at the electronics counter. Lady said when at first I didn't see it in the case "well it's new, we don't get Blu Rays out until later in the week." I'm like, LAZY LAZY LAZY. I spotted the box on the counter though, and sure enough there it was. Pulled one out and had them ring it up.

It scanned fine, $10.00 bucks off and it came out to $14.96 plus tax.

THANKS SO MUCH INCREDIPINOY AND WHOEVER YOU ATTRIBUTED IT TO. :applause::applause::applause:

Now, about the Enchanted coupon...is it posted yet anywhere?

Coupon did not work for me at local Best Buy in NJ. Cashier called the manager over and she told me that they cannot take the coupon since it was a printout and not the original. I'll try Walmart after work.

[quote name='DomLando']Do all Walmarts carry Blu-ray movies now? I do not go there often but few months ago my local one did not have any.[/quote]

I think it just all depends on the Wal Mart and the area. If it's not too far of a drive for you, I would suggest checking because some of their prices are just as good as other B&M stores (if you're impatient like me and don't want to order online). However, like I said, not all WMs are guaranteed to be selling hi def discs. The one that I go to, which is one of the more central ones for the Orlando area, barely has a shelf full of them. Maybe in the next coming months as the format war comes to an end there will be more, but for right now, it's slim pickins at WM.

Went to BB, tried to use the $10 Off No Country Coupon and the $5 off any blu-ray coupon together, but they said I could only use one.

So, went across the street to Walmart, where No Country was already $5 less than BB ($24.97)... but they cashier was confused about the coupon, said they didn't accept "copies". I said "It's an original, it came by email", to which she replied, "well, even if it's by email, it's a copy so I can't take it". I was tempted to ask her if they sold computers that printed out "original emails", but she seemed like someone who has never touched a computer so I didn't bother.

Another employee came up and said they could take it if it scanned... unfortunately it didn't, as I had the lo-res copy. I'll print the hi-res copy and try at another WM later.

So I just used my Walmart "mis-priced-video-game-online-$10-giftcard" (wow .. didn't know what else to call it) for site-to-store pickup on no country for old men. I first called them to see if they would take the coupon when I picked up the item in store. I'm sure it's very YMMV, but they seemed very happy to help. That would make it like $5 for the Blu-Ray....

Plus if when I show up they say I can't use the printout, I'll just have them refund the money, and they said they'd give me a gift card refund if it didn't work.... Then I'll just use the self-scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back