NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

Why did I have to do an onsite beta install last night for work. Blah.

/needs to register a bunch of codes when he gets home today, I'm sure the thing will be sold out but I'll just have to be ready for the next time

Sweet! Grabbed one. Now... do I need another (making it my third). That's the real question...

I'll give it a few days so as not to be greedy. If still in stock then I'll get it yet another :D

[quote name='Strell']I won't lie - I want enough such that I can display one of each paper insert.[/QUOTE]

If you just want them for display, you could just order two and use regular DS cases for the extra inserts. Sure, they wouldn't be clear - but it'd work. :D

I got two of these they very first time they went up - and they're quite awesome... but I never use them.

I thought I'd make game "collections", but I really don't like having the cartridges stored outside their original cases. I don't take them with me because (A) I don't take that many games with me very often (B) When I do, I'd rather take one of the awesome 24x Penguin Pouches than my uber-rare Club Nintendo Case.

So, it's a bummer. They're an awesome item - I just haven't figured out what to do with them yet.

Anyone have trouble registering a system? Some people posted(different thread) that the limit is like 7 systems you can register per account.

Just asking before I try to register my 3DS XL

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anyone have trouble registering a system? Some people posted(different thread) that the limit is like 7 systems you can register per account.

Just asking before I try to register my 3DS XL[/QUOTE]

There was a story about this on GN last week. Apparently it was if you registered X of the same system on an account. I didn't even know until recently that you could have multiple systems on one account; the catch is that they have to be "different enough" or some kind of special bundle. For example, you can register a launch Wii and one of the special edition Red Wiis on one account and get points for both.

Supposedly the guy who ran into this issue last week contacted Nintendo and they fixed it for him, so it's something of a known issue, but only....ah, partially?

You shouldn't have a problem registering it, and even if you do, just give Nintendo a call or e-mail and they should be able to resolve it.

[quote name='Strell']There was a story about this on GN last week. Apparently it was if you registered X of the same system on an account. I didn't even know until recently that you could have multiple systems on one account; the catch is that they have to be "different enough" or some kind of special bundle. For example, you can register a launch Wii and one of the special edition Red Wiis on one account and get points for both.

Supposedly the guy who ran into this issue last week contacted Nintendo and they fixed it for him, so it's something of a known issue, but only....ah, partially?

You shouldn't have a problem registering it, and even if you do, just give Nintendo a call or e-mail and they should be able to resolve it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for the contacting them part. I'll try this later if it doesn't work out.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Awesome. Thanks for the contacting them part. I'll try this later if it doesn't work out.[/QUOTE]
I'll add that although there have apparently been positive stories about getting it fixed quickly, Nintendo is apparently in no rush to solve the problem for me. I contacted them 10 days ago and they said "Well, our site's having some problems, check back in a couple of days." I contacted them again three days ago and they haven't replied back to me yet. I still don't have the points (and am even more disappointed now that I have another thing I want to spend those points on). The only systems I've registered with them are a Wii, a 3DS, and now a 3DS XL.

Oh yeah, I've also been meaning to mention that my Platinum deck of cards was a bit of a letdown. The ones I received were in a box that was falling apart at the bottom and all banged up.

Really debating on getting the case. I keep all of my games in their original boxes/cases, so it wouldn't do much good except serve to increase my collection.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there any way to get coinsfor Wii downloaded games downloaded BEFORE linking the Wii to Club Nintendo?

[quote name='Strell']Well, I want the cases because I'd like to put games in them for quick access. Can you buy 18 card cases somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Search for 3ds case on kohls or amazon, and there is a 22 card clear case for $4.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'll add that although there have apparently been positive stories about getting it fixed quickly, Nintendo is apparently in no rush to solve the problem for me. I contacted them 10 days ago and they said "Well, our site's having some problems, check back in a couple of days." I contacted them again three days ago and they haven't replied back to me yet. I still don't have the points (and am even more disappointed now that I have another thing I want to spend those points on). The only systems I've registered with them are a Wii, a 3DS, and now a 3DS XL.[/QUOTE]
I wanted to give an update on this previous post. It seems like just the emails were being ignored/lost. I called Nintendo Customer Service and had infinitely better results. The guy took down some information, and then said that he'd have to pass it on to another department (saying that they'd contact me in the next few days). I got an email response the following business day, and they put up a survey on my account to get the 160 coins for the system.

So, if you run into that "8 systems limit" message you should just call Nintendo's customer service instead of trying to contact them through email.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there any way to get coinsfor Wii downloaded games downloaded BEFORE linking the Wii to Club Nintendo?[/QUOTE]
When I contacted Nintendo to register my previously downloaded VC and WiiWare games before linking my console and CN account, they were added onto my registered list pretty quickly (I think only a few days after I sent the email), though only one of the WiiWare games came with a post play survey for coins a week later.

Anyone know how long these things typically stay out of stock? Just got enough coins today (through the $3 BB Rhythm Heaven) and now it's OOS. :(

[quote name='yantelope']Anyone know how long these things typically stay out of stock? Just got enough coins today (through the $3 BB Rhythm Heaven) and now it's OOS. :([/QUOTE]

They were gone for six months before this last time. During that time, Nintendo stated that there weren't any plans to produce any more, but then they showed up here in December. So it's really anybody's guess when or if they come back in stock.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']They were gone for six months before this last time. During that time, Nintendo stated that there weren't any plans to produce any more, but then they showed up here in December. So it's really anybody's guess when or if they come back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, Well thanks for the info.

Is there anyway to get coins for WiiWare/Wii VC stuff if I'm using the Wii emulator on my Wii U? Couldn't figure out a way to connect anything as the option isn't there.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Is there anyway to get coins for WiiWare/Wii VC stuff if I'm using the Wii emulator on my Wii U? Couldn't figure out a way to connect anything as the option isn't there.[/QUOTE]

This isn't 100%, but if you tie it to your Wii U eShop account, it may work for both, since once you transfer Wii stuff to your Wii U, your VC/WW games are tied to your NNA.

Is there any way to check if a Club Nintendo Code is valid without adding it to my account? I got Warioland Shake It from Gamestop and the disc has a crack in it. I am Platinum already and don't want to use the code until next year. If the code I have is good I'll just swap the disc, if it has been used I'll try to get another code.

[quote name='vicktor']Is there any way to check if a Club Nintendo Code is valid without adding it to my account? I got Warioland Shake It from Gamestop and the disc has a crack in it. I am Platinum already and don't want to use the code until next year. If the code I have is good I'll just swap the disc, if it has been used I'll try to get another code.[/QUOTE]
I used to think that if I entered the PIN without being logged onto CN, and it didn't give me an 'already registered' message, it was valid. Then I tested that theory recently and even codes I've used already still gave me the same 'it looks like you are trying to register X game' screen, debunking my theory.

Right now I have no way of truly knowing the codes redemption status without registering, as if you try to check the codes while being logged onto CN, it will automatically set up the 7 day window for the survey for coins. I know this does nothing to really help you, but just passing along my similar situation.

[quote name='vicktor']Is there any way to check if a Club Nintendo Code is valid without adding it to my account? I got Warioland Shake It from Gamestop and the disc has a crack in it. I am Platinum already and don't want to use the code until next year. If the code I have is good I'll just swap the disc, if it has been used I'll try to get another code.[/QUOTE]

The only way to check is to try and add it to an account that has already registered that game. I could do it for you, but you're probably better off finding someone you can trust more! ;)

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I used to think that if I entered the PIN without being logged onto CN, and it didn't give me an 'already registered' message, it was valid. Then I tested that theory recently and even codes I've used already still gave me the same 'it looks like you are trying to register X game' screen, debunking my theory.

Right now I have no way of truly knowing the codes redemption status without registering, as if you try to check the codes while being logged onto CN, it will automatically set up the 7 day window for the survey for coins. I know this does nothing to really help you, but just passing along my similar situation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that actually did help. I entered the code without logging in thinking it would tell me if it was used. Now I know my code still may or may not work.

[quote name='TripleQ']The only way to check is to try and add it to an account that has already registered that game. I could do it for you, but you're probably better off finding someone you can trust more! ;)[/QUOTE]

Well...you seemed trustworthy...until you added the ;) Never trust someone who uses Smilies :D

Looks like I'll just keep the one I have and find out in the next year if it's good. I figure it's like gambling, maybe I'll hit and get coins or maybe I'll go bust...plus I seem to be putting a lot of effort in for 20 coins...hah.

I always like posting the images, for the reading impaired. Tetris is 150 coins, Punchout is 200 coins, Snowpack Park is 150 coins, and Mario Kart 64 is 200 coins. All are available until February 10th. I kind of liked the weekly change out of a single game, gave me a reason to check CN every week, but looks like it's back to the monthly edition now.

tetris.jpg
punch_out.jpg

snowpack_park.jpg
mario_kart_64.jpg

Wondering if that 200 coin price on mario kart will be replacing the 150 we used to see for 1000 point games, or if it is just variable for popular games.

AWESOME games this month. I grabbed Mario Kart 64 and Punch-Out. I am considering Tetris for pure nostaglia reasons. Not sure though.

[quote name='Rollobobo']AWESOME games this month. I grabbed Mario Kart 64 and Punch-Out. I am considering Tetris for pure nostaglia reasons. Not sure though.[/QUOTE]

I have Tetris and it plays just as well as it did on the Gameboy. It is still probably the best version of Tetris.

[quote name='scottman']Wondering if that 200 coin price on mario kart will be replacing the 150 we used to see for 1000 point games, or if it is just variable for popular games.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's the latter. Beerio Kart is one of the most practiced pastimes at my dorm. Finish a beer before you finish the race, and 4th gets booted out. Not the same without the N64 controller, though.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have 900 coins ready for when the Gold Nunchuck goes back up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I notice a trend with CN, when they have the gold nunchuck coming out soon, they release some good games to tempt people to dump their coins. They did the same thing with SSB before they silently rereleased the nunchuck one time.

I probably have enough coins to register to get to the 900 value, but holding out until the next CN year for plat.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Damn. I'm only 895 coins short.[/QUOTE]

Got ya beat, I'm only 890 short! At least that much after buying MK64.

If any CAGs on here are 100 coins or less short of the 900 nunchuck goal, send me a PM, I'll go through my Wii Fit codes I have and check if they are active. I have I think 2 or 3 that may be active I'm willing to give away, I'll edit this post when 3 people PM me. I won't be able to check until later and PM them to you tomorrow, hopefully the nunchuck will still be around by then.

Obviously only do so if you are 100 coins or less, but I'll send them on the honor's system.

EDIT: Sent out the PMs with the codes, looks like I'll have to raid GS again for some more Wii Fit copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roger watersmelon']I wanted to give an update on this previous post. It seems like just the emails were being ignored/lost. I called Nintendo Customer Service and had infinitely better results. The guy took down some information, and then said that he'd have to pass it on to another department (saying that they'd contact me in the next few days). I got an email response the following business day, and they put up a survey on my account to get the 160 coins for the system.

So, if you run into that "8 systems limit" message you should just call Nintendo's customer service instead of trying to contact them through email.[/QUOTE]

So I guess I need to look into this a bit more. I didn't get any message of any sort - just no survey (or coins). I registered my Wii U and there is no survey or anything for me to do. I see the Wii U in my product page. I just counted and it is the 9th system I have registered...

So is there not a code to enter for registration like on the 3DS? You just use your SN? Then you should get a survey shortly afterwards? And if not, then I guess I need to call them. What a pain.

Edit: Ah, never mind. It was at the very end of my "To-Do's" with no date attached. Interesting - I wonder if I can wait till next club year before doing it? I probably shouldn't take that chance though. I still need 240 points anyway for this year. On a whim I just decided to scroll through all 74 of my To-Dos and saw it there. Seems like it should have been at the beginning, but whatever...

As for Mario Kart 64 - I think I bought that on the VC many years ago (and thus it would have been transferred to my Wii U). But I'll have to look to be sure. These all sound great, but I just know I will never, ever, play these games again. I'm hoping they eventually sprinkle in a few new 3DS games in the mix. Like how about Pushmo as a CN offer, Nintendo?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if we can honestly expect any better games than this in the coming year. When the 3DS is on its way out, you might see pushmo on there.

Over the last year it's been majora's mask, metroid ii, crap crap crap crap decent game crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap and now these. Punch out, tetris and mk64 are most definitely going to be the gold awards this year.

bread's done
Back