NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

[quote name='Strell']I had to get one for myself, and one for my shiny Steelbook case.[/QUOTE]Ditto on my side.

It'll look good beside my gold remote too :cool:

[quote name='nixmahn']They need to have stuff like this as Club nintendo prizes. Only problem is that it wil be outdate as soon as the next zelda game comes out for any system.[/QUOTE]You mean like the "History of" posters?

[quote name='maigoyume']You mean like the "History of" posters?[/QUOTE]

Those poster lists the history/order of game releases, not timeline of game content. If you are going to buy a book of history, it better have in game content timeline.

What I meant was that Nintendo will probably release an updated "History of" poster set later on, making the previous ones kinda moot.

[quote name='nixmahn']They need to have stuff like this as Club nintendo prizes. Only problem is that it wil be outdate as soon as the next zelda game comes out for any system.[/QUOTE]

While this is very true, I am looking at it as more of a 25th anniversary book. Because of that, to me it won't ever be outdated. Yes, there will most likely be another book that will chronicle everything after the 25 year mark- this book still represents the first 25 years.

[quote name='nixmahn']Coins Added - Mario Hoops 3-on-3 40 coins
Coins Added - Mario Hoops 3-on-3 10 coins

Mario Hoops gets coins and survey now. I reg it years ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heraymo1']Super Mario Galaxy 2 -only got 20 point argggg

[/QUOTE]

Think these "changes" to the official list warrant a new section in the OP? Something detailing (un)official changes? We don't have any additional information from heraymo1 since that post. I'd guess it's just a bug and hopefully he or she contacted customer service to get it fixed or it was lowered in anticipation of a Nintendo Selects version of Galaxy 2, which I wouldn't mind buying again.

I still have a ton of surveys on my Club Nintendo account from before the redesign... I am going 1 by 1 to see the release date for everything, and registering anything with a release date from 2008 or before. I should still have 35 or so surveys after that. I also make a list of all of my new Nintendo games, so I can register those codes in the future (if I add them now, the surveys have to be completed relatively quickly when compared to how it used to be). Trying to budget them as best as I can. Because of this, I cannot do the intend to buy surveys, but it is worth it to spread my coins out for the next few years.

Yep, they put a note on the club nintendo page saying they sold out quicker than anticipated and are hoping to make the gold nunchuck available again. I bet they will. Also, they list the hanafuda cards as unavailable now, and not just gone. Maybe those will also come back.

Also, today is the last day to get Fluidity for 150 coins. Normally 1200 points in the shop.

There was no "currently unavailable" for the Gold nunchuk and Hanafuda cards, I took a look when they were "removed". Same with the 3DS card case.

I want to say high because its an awesome case and I don't think it would cost Nintendo too much to make another big batch of them.

But since they've been gone after the restock, along with the cheap coin price, chances are slim.

If it doesn't show up as "Currently Unavailable" in the next month then you'll have your answer.

In the meantime FBI's lowball has a case you can grab.

In related news, Hanafuda cards are in the "Currently Unavailable" area, along with the golden nunchuk.

[quote name='maigoyume']I want to say high because its an awesome case and I don't think it would cost Nintendo too much to make another big batch of them.

But since they've been gone after the restock, along with the cheap coin price, chances are slim.

If it doesn't show up as "Currently Unavailable" in the next month then you'll have your answer.

In the meantime FBI's lowball has a case you can grab.

In related news, Hanafuda cards are in the "Currently Unavailable" area, along with the golden nunchuk.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the endorsement :p .

NES Play Action Football replaces Fluidity as the Wii featured game offer. It's 100 coins and expires September 2nd. Gonna update the wiki.

[quote name='Sway']NES Play Action Football replaces Fluidity as the Wii featured game offer. It's 100 coins and expires September 2nd. Gonna update the wiki.[/QUOTE]
Even though Fluidity was a repeat, it was a great game for 150 coins, whereas the NES Play Action Football is (in today's market) a waste for 100 coins.

I appreciate Nintendo offering this for those who want it, and in two week's we'll get another Wii offering, but this may be the worst game they've offered yet.

Man, that damn nunchuk is so many points. I need to stock up on points so I'm ready for the restock. I hope it's after the Wii U restocks... hopefully that's worth a few hundred points. :D

Thanks for the I2B link for Kirby's Dream Collection. I didn't see a link to it on the Club Nintendo site. I would have missed out if it wasn't for you guys.

Intend To Buy surveys for :3ds:Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! and :3ds: Crosswords Plus are up and expire Sept 24.

Also, the Donkey Kong Poster set is back and the Mario Folders & Bookmarks are currently unavailable.

*Also should mention that third party :3ds: Order Up! is also a Club Nintendo eligible product worth 30 coins. Not sure what is different between the retail game and the eShop Order Up! which is worth 10 coins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sway for the rewards heads up (Nintendo is always late to posting the rewards for some reason). Tempted to get SSB, regretted selling it years ago, however the 200 coin price is a bit steep. I think they are hoping to have people drop all their coins before announcing the return of the gold nunchuck as a reward.

I haven't played the original Smash Bros in a long, long time. Is there any good reason, other than for nostalgia sake, to get it when the Wii version of the game is so good? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the original feels outdated and doesn't really offer anything that the newer versions don't.

Picked up Smash Bros., since I had the points. Plus, if Nintendo follows through with the WiiU transfer for VC games, I'm more than happy to buy more VC stuff.

I know it's fucked, but a part of the reason I'm excited about the WiiU is simply playing the N64 VC and Wii games over HDMI. Upscaled or not, it sure as hell beats component.

[quote name='rlse9']I haven't played the original Smash Bros in a long, long time. Is there any good reason, other than for nostalgia sake, to get it when the Wii version of the game is so good? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the original feels outdated and doesn't really offer anything that the newer versions don't.[/QUOTE]

I personally feel that SSB doesn't play right without the N64 controller. If you have ever played it on the original N64, then you'll noticed a severe difference. And you're right in thinking that the Wii version is better anyways. The original has 12 characters -- Falcon, Fox, Mario, DK, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Link, Ness and Pikachu -- and 8 or 9 maps. Link is also very overpowered. It's the first game in the series, and it has been significantly improved over the years, so it's only good for that history/nostalgia factor.

2d9v3mt.jpg

Show off your love for the pink puff with this limited edition medal honoring Kirby’s 20th anniversary. It comes in special collectible packaging that commemorates his two decades of adventuring through Dream Land. Only 1,000 Limited Edition Kirby™ Medals available.

Medal measures 1x1in
Medallion with gold-colored plating
Comes in special collectible packaging
This reward item will ship by end of November.
Limited Edition Kirby Medal
600 points

[quote name='rlse9']I haven't played the original Smash Bros in a long, long time. Is there any good reason, other than for nostalgia sake, to get it when the Wii version of the game is so good? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the original feels outdated and doesn't really offer anything that the newer versions don't.[/QUOTE]
To add what Blade said, I think if you are used to Brawl or Melee, the original SSB won't hold your interest for long. With that being said, I think the character selection, while smaller than the other versions, had better variety in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Each character (with my personal exception of DK) can become a powerhouse in the right hands by exploiting their individual strengths, while capitalizing on your opponents shortcomings, which were very drastic in the original SBB (much more of a rock / paper / scissors vibe than Melee and Brawl). Spikes and throws were also more important as well, I think it's still a good game to get if you can find others to play against, though the single player will likely bore quickly after unlocking the four additional characters.

[quote name='Strell']HOLY SHIT ORDERED

oh man that felt good[/QUOTE]
Did you make sure it contained any actual precious metals?
Tempted to get one just to reserve its 1 in a 1000 status for collectors...

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So should I get the medal or wait? I dont know what to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it won't restock like the gold nunchuck since it's promoting the 20th anniversary collection. I'm 400 short after getting the nunchuck :whistle2:(

Ordered the Kirby Medal (to go with my Kirby Patches that I never used, lol). I still can't convince myself to order the Kirby Wii collection since I already bought most of the games from the VC store...

-Edit-
Thanks to Newegg $10 off $39.99+ preorder code, I ordered the Kirby Wii collection. Should look nice with this medal ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back