NEW Demon's Souls w/ Art Book + Soundtrack - $30 @ Amazon (or $23.85 for game alone)

[quote name='handsome_bitch']um, wasn\'t the art book and soundtrack a preorder bonus from gamestop. if so, i have it already.[/QUOTE]

You're correct, changed title.

oh nice deal!

nov 15th release date.

If you bought demon souls a few days ago you probably got in on the buy 2 get 1 free deal which more then offsets this deal imo.

Blech, that ugly red box.

But nice find for people who dont have it already...one of the best games out there for the PS3. Totally infuriating, in a good way.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']oh nice deal!

nov 15th release date.

If you bought demon souls a few days ago you probably got in on the buy 2 get 1 free deal which more then offsets this deal imo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I decided, too. Plus I'm still looking for a deluxe edition with everything in it, so I'll keep my regular copy for now.

[quote name='SCDallas']Yeah the Limited Edition with guide is so expensive now though, the guide itself sells for $100+ on eBay.[/QUOTE]

wow really? then what about the entire Deluxe Edition, $200+ ?

I'm surprised that a GH version came out, did the game really sell "okay"?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wow really? then what about the entire Deluxe Edition, $200+ ?

I'm surprised that a GH version came out, did the game really sell "okay"?[/QUOTE]

Sold over 500k in America alone. Was a sleeper hit. Atlus only expected around 75k for Demons Souls.

[quote name='Paco']Sold over 500k in America alone. Was a sleeper hit. Atlus only expected around 75k for Demons Souls.[/QUOTE]

... and yet they are closing the multiplayer servers in March (well, at the earliest). Hopefully they will change their minds on that.

I wish they would somehow make a worldwide server. Anyways this game is amazing. The art book is really neat. I traded my DS Deluxe Edition on goozex but am always thinking of picking up another copy

Yeah, I picked up a brand new copy of the Deluxe Edition on ebay a couple of months ago for $80 shipped. I got it for a steal considering every other auction at the time was going for around $150+! I think I'm gonna have to jump on this deal though. It would make an excellent Xmas gift! :) Thanks for the post, OP!

[quote name='Sentinel']... and yet they are closing the multiplayer servers in March (well, at the earliest). Hopefully they will change their minds on that.[/QUOTE]

That's going to suck... the online aspect was best part about the game. So it's basically going to end up being like a regular action-RPG?

[quote name='Vinny']That's going to suck... the online aspect was best part about the game. So it's basically going to end up being like a regular action-RPG?[/QUOTE]

This is an issue that would have definite cause for petition, if petitioning actually had a history of favorable result within the industry. Unfortunately, that is not so. What a crying shame, too, for a game that has garnered itself such critical renown and an even larger underdog following.. It seems none of that has had any impact in reinforcing the need for the servers. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
They keep pushing back the date when they plan to close the servers, I doubt they will actually close in March. Especially since they'll probably be hyping "Project Dark" more by then.

314cc5aff48a4ee.png

I heart DS so much. I'm so tempted to get this even though I normally don't care for videogame extras.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']They keep pushing back the date when they plan to close the servers, I doubt they will actually close in March. Especially since they'll probably be hyping "Project Dark" more by then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but neither Atlus or Sony have anything to do with Project Dark, so I doubt either of them would be hyping it.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wow really? then what about the entire Deluxe Edition, $200+ ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The only thing that separated the Deluxe Edition from the regular WAS the strategy guide, well that and the cardboard slipcover..

[quote name='Sentinel']... and yet they are closing the multiplayer servers in March (well, at the earliest). Hopefully they will change their minds on that.[/QUOTE]

they've been saying that since the game came out, that they'd close the servers if the population dropped below a certain point. the date keeps moving up because the game is popular. In fact, the current server message is "thanks for making this Atlus USA's most popular game ever"

[quote name='mrwogs2']Played the game for a few hours - ACK - not my thing :)[/QUOTE] I agree. For some reason I want to go back and play it again so maybe I can see why everyone loved it so much. Because I really didn't lol.

[quote name='Ionotropic']WTF I just bought this a few days ago, now they're throwin in the extra stuff for free..[/QUOTE]

just order that version and return the game by itself (sealed) like it was the previous order you made. Or just call and complain, that seems to work often.

I ordered this game Sunday, it just shipped Nov. 3rd and I haven't got it yet. It was 29.99, of course without the art book and soundtrack.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I agree. For some reason I want to go back and play it again so maybe I can see why everyone loved it so much. Because I really didn't lol.[/QUOTE]

Trust me dude. If you didn't like the game the first time you played, you won't like it the second or third or nth time. That's how I feel about the game.

[quote name='Darknuke']just order that version and return the game by itself (sealed) like it was the previous order you made. Or just call and complain, that seems to work often.[/QUOTE]

Your plan won't work because the one I got a few days ago has clear plastic case, and the one with the book and cd has a red case. Also, I got it as part of the buy 3 for price of 2 sale, along with bayonetta and halo wars which I want to keep. But I like the way you think!

Anyway, I just won a Deluxe version with the cd, artbook, and replacement guide (originals had fading ink on cover) for $85 shipped on Ebay, so I'll probably end up selling or trading in the copy I bought from Amazon. :bouncy:

I bought the DE at launch from gohastings and it was a big mistake. They shipped so crappy, the sleeve was all screwed up...:cry:
CS didn't give me any favorable options either.

I have the original strat guide and was wondering if they are still doing the replacement for it?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I bought the DE at launch from gohastings and it was a big mistake. They shipped so crappy, the sleeve was all screwed up...:cry:
CS didn't give me any favorable options either.

I have the original strat guide and was wondering if they are still doing the replacement for it?[/QUOTE]

That ended in January I believe.

[quote name='Paco']Sold over 500k in America alone. Was a sleeper hit. Atlus only expected around 75k for Demons Souls.[/QUOTE]
That made me extremely happy, Atlus totally deserved that.

If anyone gets this and doesn't want the art book or already has one PM me. I was able to get the DE from a friend but it didn't have the artbook (had the game, slipcover, guide, and soundtrack) so all I need is the artbook for a complete CE.

Is this an Amazon Exclusive? i couldn't find much about elsewhere including when i called in to my local GS to ask about the re-release of Demons Souls GH with the artbook and Soundtrack.

damn I am spending too much before black friday....picked it up, just in case they raise the price for this bundle(I doubt it tho)
I am starting to love games coming out of Atlus and NIS and hating amazon for making me broke lol

This is a bit misleading. Atlus released a press release extending their guaranteed online servers and rather than people reading it as extension they read it as a closure. Odds are they will simply extend again just like they did last time the guaranteed date approached, since plenty are still buying and playing the game.

Very good game. I'm just about done with it. Not quite as hard as I was expecting but definitely no cakewalk either.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I agree. For some reason I want to go back and play it again so maybe I can see why everyone loved it so much. Because I really didn't lol.[/QUOTE]
I'd say it depends how far you got whether you should pick it up again. If you got frustrated and gave up on the first level or two, then I would say it's worth another playthrough. The steep learning curve at the beginning can be pretty off-putting, I was about ready to give up after I finally beat the first boss.

If you cleared several worlds (more than a 1/3rd of the way through the game) and weren't enjoying it, then it could be the game is just not your cup of tea.

i really hope they don't shut the servers down. that would be horrible.
i should have totally ripped the cover off my strat guide and got another one. one to use and one to preserve, oh well.

I know not everyone likes this game, but it is way underrated. If you don't like a challenge in games, then don't even call yourself a gamer.

You play this game and it is challenging and you feel awesome rewarded when you beat a world. You play some shia like Kane n Lynch 2 or Quantum Theory and you beat those on hard and you just want to scream in pain.

[quote name='Velo214']You play this game and it is challenging and you feel awesome rewarded when you beat a world. You play some shia like Kane n Lynch 2 or Quantum Theory and you beat those on hard and you just want to scream in pain.[/QUOTE]
It took me long enough(and watching a video tutorial of the first level#-o)to figure out where the crap I was supposed to go.

I have the soundtrack and artbook from when I traded someone their Demon Souls(had the import version prior as well:whistle2:#) for some game(s) of mine. They included them as a bonus for me.:applause: I think I looked at the artbook once and haven't even bothered with the soundtrack.

But yeah, finishing a level in Demon's Souls is a great feeling. Too bad it got pushed back to the bottom of my backlog pile even more with every game I've been buying.;)

[quote name='Velo214']You play this game and it is challenging and you feel awesome rewarded when you beat a world. You play some shia like Kane n Lynch 2 or Quantum Theory and you beat those on hard and you just want to scream in pain.[/QUOTE]

Because of how HORRIBLE they are? ;)

bread's done
Back