New EB/Gamestop Promo

dxology

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
When i was at EB this morning i found a flyer in the corner
Trade in any 2 playstation 3 or Wii games and Get 1 free
$20 extra trade in credit when you trade in an xbox 360, ps2, xbox, gc, psp, or ds game system
Get any Xbox 360 game for $9.99 when you trade in 2 Xbox 360 games.

It says you must present coupon to redeem offer. Limited time offers end 01/15/07.
Im not sure when the promo actually starts tho.

$20 extra for a console? hmm. The DS lite is only going for $70 trade, but this would bring it up to $90. This isn't all THAT bad for someone wanting to get a black one over their white one, which is a problem I've heard/experienced from others. But it would still cost around $40 just for a color change, still not worth it. I tried.

[quote name='Iron Angel']No he is referring to 2 ps3 games = $120, 2 Wii games = $100, it is a ripoff to trade games with that kind of value for 1 game. Thats a 50-60 dollar loss IMO. Thats why i go to a different place where you trade-in games and get their original value back.;) Also to the other person i am sure outfit is exlcuded because it was last time.[/quote]
what place is it?

[quote name='sting0r']Thanks, if anyone has the link to the website I would appreciate it. Maybe I am just tired this morning, but I can't seem to find the info on their site.[/quote]
yea I need the coupons too I cant find it

[quote name='lookitsrobss']yea I need the coupons too I cant find it[/QUOTE]

They had a pile of coupon sheets in store.

[quote name='sp00ge']haha... yeah. Speaking of, has anyone actually tried trading those in yet?[/quote]

I just called gamestop you could only trade in 2 newer xbox 360 games

you cant trade in titles like perfect dark or ridge racer quake 4 the outfit burger king games
none of those sorry to spoil it
I really wanted to trade them too

[quote name='Awcrap']Does anyone actually trade or sell their stuff to stores like Gamespot & EB?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. At least, under a very particular set of circumstances. Over the summer I traded in a lot of $2 clearance K-Mart games that no one would want, stuff like a crapload of copies of the Urbz the K-Mart manager begged me to take (which traded for a suprising amount) and Winnie the Pooh while GS was having their trade 3 get and extra $10 promo. I made $132 in credit off of maybe $20-25 in purchases. This weekend GS has their buy 2 get 1 on used. Last night I got 5 360 games and a DS game (Dead Rising, Oblivion, Chromehounds, Full Auto, LotR:BfME and Rocket Slime). For $11.86 out of pocket on top of my $132.10 in credit. The cheapest of those games costs about what I paid out of pocket. Thanks Gamestop!

Now would I trade in a decent game on a random non-promo day? Hell no.

[quote name='lookitsrobss']I just called gamestop you could only trade in 2 newer xbox 360 games

you cant trade in titles like perfect dark or ridge racer quake 4 the outfit burger king games
none of those sorry to spoil it
I really wanted to trade them too[/QUOTE]

Sweet, that means when I go later on today I can finally get Gears of War for 10 bucks just have to hope that the EB or Gamestop in the mall I am going to have a new copy in-stock since they don't have any used ones. So, my weekend actually could end on a great note as I will probably pick up a few more games to play outside of it through the B2G1.

[quote name='JOELPATRICK']$20 extra for a console? hmm. The DS lite is only going for $70 trade, but this would bring it up to $90. This isn't all THAT bad for someone wanting to get a black one over their white one, which is a problem I've heard/experienced from others. But it would still cost around $40 just for a color change, still not worth it. I tried.[/QUOTE]Ok here you go, $26 http://www.buy.com/prod/Nintendo_DS_Lite_Black_Onyx/q/loc/108/202985950.html after $20 off $50. You could also trade in your DS Lite at GameCrazy before I think 12/05 for $99 towards a Wii, if you can find a GameCrazy with a Wii and you don't have one yet, that's like $17 for the actual black dsl, when combined with the Buy.com deal.

Good good, now I can sell my PS2 to put towards my 360.

Oh, and dont tell me to buy a Wii, I just got done with a hard session of Bomberman on there

So the trade 2 360 games promo is going on? Didn't see mention of it in the flyer... anyone know EXACTLY what's excluded this time?

Espically since alot of 360 games have dropped to $30 or less since the last sale.

Was hoping I could dump Full Auto and Tomb Raider =/

how much do gamestop or gamecrazy give u for a big ps2? i wanna get rid of mines and getta wii for xmas

[quote name='sky03']how much do gamestop or gamecrazy give u for a big ps2? i wanna get rid of mines and getta wii for xmas[/quote]
Not sure about the fat PS2 but with the $20 extra a slim PS2 goes for $70. BTW for the guy that asked about cash v. trade-in earlier, the guy at my EB said that that extra 30% for trading 5 games or more is trade-in ONLY, plus you take a 20% hit for taking cash, making the difference 50% total.

Normally I hate trading at EB/Gamestop because they rarely give you fair value for the games but most of what I was trading was PS2 and Xbox games I stupidly bought on sale at the CC $6.98 sale, the Best Buy 3 for $30 sale, or that TRU sale this summer and eBay would have taken too long and probably after shipping not netted me much more than EB gave me. Not to mention with the extra 30% plus another 10% with my Edge Card it actually made it worth it for most of the games. Only one they tried to bend me over on was Prey Limited Edition. They wanted to give me five fucking dollars for it. I sold it to a friend of a friend for $40. All said and done I got rid of a fuck ton of games I never played or would have played and paid off Lost Planet CE, Crackdown, Halo 3 Legendary, Stranglehold, Bioshock and Mass Effect and have about $400 credit left over.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']has anyone actually tried trading in 2 outfit for 1 360 game $10 deal?[/QUOTE]

1) No employee should be letting you do 2 of the same game for the deal.. it looks suspicious and I'm pretty sure they'll deny it. It's very YMMV, maybe you'll get a dumb employee.

2) The Outfit only sells for $19.99 used, no way this is working for the sale.

Tried to trade in some 360 games in tonight but was denied.

One of the guys working there said that the deal needed a coupon (which was stated by the OP), but that I had to buy a system to get it.

Oh well. Off to Ebay or the CAG trading forums they go.

I am just going to put it out there.

Any one know if the Burger King games will work for this promotion?
They are Xbox 360...

[quote name='gmrxbox']I am just going to put it out there.

Any one know if the Burger King games will work for this promotion?
They are Xbox 360...[/quote]

Now that is what it means to be a CAG Veteran. :lol:

[quote name='asianxcore']Tried to trade in some 360 games in tonight but was denied.

One of the guys working there said that the deal needed a coupon (which was stated by the OP), but that I had to buy a system to get it.

Oh well. Off to Ebay or the CAG trading forums they go.[/QUOTE]

I just got straight up denied at my local EB, and they checked all current promotions as well as their email for any news of the Trade 2 360 game deal coming back.

They found nothing.

It's not in the current flyers either.

Just to mention, at a Gamestop i was at yesterday they had a stack of little books sitting next to the register. On the cover it said something about being "The Trade-in Guide". That might not be the exact term but it is something like that. Grab one and look towards the back, there is a 10% off used games coupon and 10% more trade in coupon. They let me stack it on top of my Edge card so i got 20% off used games. Not sure if this is a YMMV to find the "Trade-in Guide" book or not.

Stacking is so weird, the Gamestops around here won't even try, but the EB guys don't seem to care. It's annoying more than anything.

[quote name='Tebunker']Stacking is so weird, the Gamestops around here won't even try, but the EB guys don't seem to care. It's annoying more than anything.[/quote]

From the way it seems, most of the EB guys are still mad about the whole gamestop takeover so maybe it's their way of sticking it to them. I've had eb managers go out of their way to find deals for me to stack.

[quote name='Tebunker']Stacking is so weird, the Gamestops around here won't even try, but the EB guys don't seem to care. It's annoying more than anything.[/QUOTE]

It's the same way here. Gamestop are hardasses but EB is alot more lenient.

[quote name='62t']there is a exclusion list so it is probably no[/QUOTE]

According to the store I was at there are no exclusions for the 360 list. I got CoD2 free when I bought a 360 then bought a $15 used sports game. Turned around and traded them in for the deal. They couldn't get the computer to recognize it so they just added $50 in credit to the $7.70 I would've recieved totalling 57.70. So I picked up Gears for an additional 2.30.

Wish I had the BK games with me at the time.

so is this deal for the trade 2 360 games get on for 10 bucks going right now or does it start at a later date? time to trade GRAW and Chromehounds for Rainbow Six Vegas

[quote name='Jatsu']Ok here you go, $26 http://www.buy.com/prod/Nintendo_DS_Lite_Black_Onyx/q/loc/108/202985950.html after $20 off $50. You could also trade in your DS Lite at GameCrazy before I think 12/05 for $99 towards a Wii, if you can find a GameCrazy with a Wii and you don't have one yet, that's like $17 for the actual black dsl, when combined with the Buy.com deal.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Black DS Lites were less than $50 at Buy.com?? Of course, not available now. fucking buy.com spams my email mulltiple times a day with their "deals" but they never sent me anything about that!

so is this deal for the trade 2 360 games get on for 10 bucks going right now or does it start at a later date? time to trade GRAW and Chromehounds for Rainbow Six Vegas

[quote name='konicki465']so is this deal for the trade 2 360 games get on for 10 bucks going right now or does it start at a later date? time to trade GRAW and Chromehounds for Rainbow Six Vegas[/QUOTE]

It apparently starts now... a Gamestop had a flyer for it but the EB next to it had no idea what it was about.

The guy at GS had NO CLUE what the exclusions were either... in his own words: "Perfect Dark Zero, Saints Row, Kameo, Project Gotham Racing 3... um... one more... I don't remember".

I ask him "So Ridge Racer 6 works?"

Him: "OH YES WE TAKE THAT!!!!"

Apparently the guy really had no idea wtf he was talking about. Can someone who works at EB grab a list of everything that's excluded?

Has anyone else found the flyer for the 360 deal? Would like to get a few new games, but my local EB/Gamestops say that it isn't back and can't find anything in any of the flyers either.

[quote name='Ironman11']Can someone confirm the extra $20 on consoles extends to the 15th of January?[/QUOTE]
and does this require a flyer? and if so where can I get one?

[quote name='Roufuss']It apparently starts now... a Gamestop had a flyer for it but the EB next to it had no idea what it was about.

The guy at GS had NO CLUE what the exclusions were either... in his own words: "Perfect Dark Zero, Saints Row, Kameo, Project Gotham Racing 3... um... one more... I don't remember".

I ask him "So Ridge Racer 6 works?"

Him: "OH YES WE TAKE THAT!!!!"

Apparently the guy really had no idea wtf he was talking about. Can someone who works at EB grab a list of everything that's excluded?[/QUOTE]
I guess I'll be trading in Sneak King, then.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']:?:

EXPLAIN YOURSELF SON...[/quote]I think auralia is a lady.

As to the flyers and the Jan 15th issue, I have no idea. Haven't seen any of this on paper anywhere.

[quote name='Awcrap']Does anyone actually trade or sell their stuff to stores like Gamespot & EB? Unless your fetish is getting ripped off (no pun intended), you shouldn't really be supporting this stupid merged company that likes to rip off its customers and have no respect for the gamers.

[/rant]

If you're tired of the game/system, sell it to a friend you know. Hell, sell it on ebay. At least you'll get a very reasonable amount of money for them. If more people do this, we wouldn't continue to see stupid ass deals/promos like this.[/quote]
I Couldn't agree with you more man. You are 100 percent on the money. This chain couldnt give a rats a** about their customers. All they are obsessed with is milking every last penny out of you. Their employees have a very poor attitude, as Ive observed many of them snickering and even mocking customers when their backs are turned.

But even aside from this point, think of this:
They contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the gaming industry. They will rape you with their trade in prices and their used game business acts as a leech to the overall health of the game making process. The developers who devote their time energy and care into a product and the publisher who takes a risk to carry a title. But where the hell does EB/GS fit into this? All they do is dust the used games and add them to their inventory for a ridiculous profit. Every sale they make is a loss for the people who actually do the work. This surely has negative implications for the sustained quality of new games now and in the future. These are not gamers people, invest your money with people that are actually a part of the gaming community. Like this guy says, ebay used games or sell them to friends or on craigslist. Just do not aid or encourage these suspect practices.

Anyway, just my two cents. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed.

[quote name='latinsword']I Couldn't agree with you more man. You are 100 percent on the money. This chain couldnt give a rats a** about their customers. All they are obsessed with is milking every last penny out of you. Their employees have a very poor attitude, as Ive observed many of them snickering and even mocking customers when their backs are turned.

They contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the gaming industry. They will rape you with their trade in prices and their used game business acts as a leech to the overall health of the game making process. The developers who devote their time energy and care into a product and the publisher who takes a risk to carry a title. But where the hell does EB/GS fit into this? All they do is dust the used games and add them to their inventory for a ridiculous profit. Every sale they make is a loss for the people who actually do the work. This surely has negative implications for the sustained quality of new games now and in the future. These are not gamers people, invest your money with people that are actually a part of the gaming community. Like this guy says, ebay used games or sell them to friends or on craigslist. Just do not aid or encourage these suspect practices.

Anyway, just my two cents. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed.[/QUOTE]

And I disagree, QUITE

If you have a MORE/EDGE card, keep track on their trade in promos and purchase promos, you can easily get games for literally nothing.

Trade 3, get a bonus 10, combined with 10 percent MORE card combined with 10 percent off USED combined with BUY 2 get 1 Free? Add the occasional 20/30 percent off coupons, with the 20 percent preorder bonuses, and the 30 percent trade in coupons..?

Get what I am saying?

I bought FFXII new for $33 at CC, decided I hated it, and got $55 of store credit in a week.

[quote name='sarausagi']And I disagree, QUITE

If you have a MORE/EDGE card, keep track on their trade in promos and purchase promos, you can easily get games for literally nothing.

Trade 3, get a bonus 10, combined with 10 percent MORE card combined with 10 percent off USED combined with BUY 2 get 1 Free? Add the occasional 20/30 percent off coupons, with the 20 percent preorder bonuses, and the 30 percent trade in coupons..?

Get what I am saying?

I bought FFXII new for $33 at CC, decided I hated it, and got $55 of store credit in a week.[/QUOTE]
good luck with those figures son. combining more than a couple of these promotions is usually very much YMMV

thats assuming youd be willing to chase around all these offers like some chicken with its head cut off

sounds a lot like smoke and mirror tactics son, and reading your post makes it sound like an obstacle course

heh. but i mean no disrespect man

[quote name='latinsword']good luck with those figures son. combining more than a couple of these promotions is usually very much YMMV

thats assuming youd be willing to chase around all these offers like some chicken with its head cut off

sounds a lot like smoke and mirror tactics son, and reading your post makes it sound like an obstacle course

heh. but i mean no disrespect man[/QUOTE]

No, it's simple enough, trade in was $35 already BEFORE the more card

10 percent MORE card makes it $38

Put credit towards a game with a power trade coupon [30 percent towards purchase of a certain game]

That makes it around $50

Bought used copy of said game with credit and got an additional 10 percent off [giving me another $4]

So yeah, about $55 total, no smoke, no mirrors, just working within the system

As for the employees, it's all about saying "please", "thank you", smiling, being polite, and treating them with respect.

I did this with Kingdom Hearts as well, got a call saying "we'll give you $35 bonus credit for Kingdom Hearts 2, bring in more games and take advantage of our special trade in promotions" and I walked out with about $60 in store credit for three games that cost me less than $40 total [bought KH2 for $29 new, two other games were clearance/cheap games]

[quote name='sarausagi']No, it's simple enough, trade in was $35 already BEFORE the more card

10 percent MORE card makes it $38

Put credit towards a game with a power trade coupon [30 percent towards purchase of a certain game]

That makes it around $50

Bought used copy of said game with credit and got an additional 10 percent off [giving me another $4]

So yeah, about $55 total, no smoke, no mirrors, just working within the system

As for the employees, it's all about saying "please", "thank you", smiling, being polite, and treating them with respect.

I did this with Kingdom Hearts as well, got a call saying "we'll give you $35 bonus credit for Kingdom Hearts 2, bring in more games and take advantage of our special trade in promotions" and I walked out with about $60 in store credit for three games that cost me less than $40 total [bought KH2 for $29 new, two other games were clearance/cheap games][/quote]

or there are just fat assholes that work at the store and won't give shit for deals. THe last time they had the trade in 2 for 1 +10$ they siad madden 07 dind't count because it was a new game -_-.

i asked oh? where does it state that?

he said "managers discretion"

i responded "i see, is that all managers or just you"

he says "all of them its a district thing"

so i go "i see.... so..... no other gamestop is allowing people to get madden then"

"he says "nope no new games"

i go outside, call my friend in LA, he goes to his friend that works at gamestop , confirms no such thing.

i figure maybe its just san diego, until i go to another gamestop next to my house.... and i trade it in for madden. I specifically ask if there was such a restriction, she even CALLS someone and asks and they say no.

yes these fuckers can be assholes

[quote name='graf1k']Not sure about the fat PS2 but with the $20 extra a slim PS2 goes for $70. BTW for the guy that asked about cash v. trade-in earlier, the guy at my EB said that that extra 30% for trading 5 games or more is trade-in ONLY, plus you take a 20% hit for taking cash, making the difference 50% total.

Normally I hate trading at EB/Gamestop because they rarely give you fair value for the games but most of what I was trading was PS2 and Xbox games I stupidly bought on sale at the CC $6.98 sale, the Best Buy 3 for $30 sale, or that TRU sale this summer and eBay would have taken too long and probably after shipping not netted me much more than EB gave me. Not to mention with the extra 30% plus another 10% with my Edge Card it actually made it worth it for most of the games. Only one they tried to bend me over on was Prey Limited Edition. They wanted to give me five fucking dollars for it. I sold it to a friend of a friend for $40. All said and done I got rid of a fuck ton of games I never played or would have played and paid off Lost Planet CE, Crackdown, Halo 3 Legendary, Stranglehold, Bioshock and Mass Effect and have about $400 credit left over.[/quote]
if my calculations are correct.... you bought..... 70$ (LPCE), 60$ (CD), 70$ (h3) 60 (strangle) 60(BS), 60( ME) and had 400$ left. which is a grand total of 780$ of games that you bought thru CC's 6.98 sale and bestbuy's 3for30$ sale and TRU sale.

so even with an extra 30% with an additional 10% after you calculate that.... you spent alot of money on games you had no intention on keeping? i'm confused.

you bought roughly 550$ of games (this is based solely on trade in value not new in stock or whatever) that you didn't want.... and you traded them in.

let's dwelve into this a little further

how many did you buy from each store? i can't imagine someone rummaging thru the 6.98 sales at CC would be buying a gangload of full priced 59.99 xbox360 games?

come on are you lying to us now =P

(p.s. i'm just playing around with you, i'm bored and sick of studying for my lawschool finals so i'm going around typing up comments that make absolutely no sense)

[quote name='clayfu']
yes these fuckers can be assholes[/quote]

Well you can apply that statement to anything in life. That doesn't mean every single gamestop and EB is run by as*holes. I will agree that they charge way to much on most used stuff and give to little in trades in most cases, that doesn't mean you can't work the system to your advantage. It also doesn't mean that every single one is run by as*holes. The one by mean is run by 2 of the nicest guys i have ever met. If you don't like a certain one, stop going there, less business could mean a new manager.

[quote name='latinsword']I Couldn't agree with you more man. You are 100 percent on the money. This chain couldnt give a rats a** about their customers. All they are obsessed with is milking every last penny out of you. Their employees have a very poor attitude, as Ive observed many of them snickering and even mocking customers when their backs are turned.

Anyway, just my two cents. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed.[/QUOTE]

For trading in, they are horrifically bad. For used games, and for back when they used to have good deals online on ebgames.com, they were just fine.

I don't have a problem with them because they arent tricking anybody. You should know if you walk in to trade a 50 dollar game and they offer 22 that you shouldn't do it.

[quote name='clayfu']if my calculations are correct.... you bought..... 70$ (LPCE), 60$ (CD), 70$ (h3) 60 (strangle) 60(BS), 60( ME) and had 400$ left. which is a grand total of 780$ of games that you bought thru CC's 6.98 sale and bestbuy's 3for30$ sale and TRU sale.

so even with an extra 30% with an additional 10% after you calculate that.... you spent alot of money on games you had no intention on keeping? i'm confused.

you bought roughly 550$ of games (this is based solely on trade in value not new in stock or whatever) that you didn't want.... and you traded them in.

let's dwelve into this a little further

how many did you buy from each store? i can't imagine someone rummaging thru the 6.98 sales at CC would be buying a gangload of full priced 59.99 xbox360 games?

come on are you lying to us now =P

(p.s. i'm just playing around with you, i'm bored and sick of studying for my lawschool finals so i'm going around typing up comments that make absolutely no sense)[/QUOTE]

Well, no, there's lots of games from those sales that get $10-$16 before any bonus quickly.

If he had the 3 get 10 and the more card...and each game was 10...he'd get $43 alone on 3 games, not counting any extra bonuses, if he had a 20 percent coupon or did a pre order bonus, he'd have $49 for every 3 games...

If he had $700 in trade in credit..he'd only need 42 games.....

If he paid $3-$10 per game, that's anywhere from $130 to $420 spent on games, and I doubt he paid $10 per game.s..those sales have some crazy prices...even if he did it ALL on the CC clearance alone..he wouldn't have spent more than around $250...

I don't remember who, but one person here got like $1000 trade in credit off flipping alone

[quote name='dxology']Get any Xbox 360 game for $9.99 when you trade in 2 Xbox 360 games.

It says you must present coupon to redeem offer. Limited time offers end 01/15/07.
Im not sure when the promo actually starts tho.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me where to get this coupon. I just went to my Gamestop and called several others and the said they weren't running this deal.

[quote name='locutus411']Can anyone tell me where to get this coupon. I just went to my Gamestop and called several others and the said they weren't running this deal.[/QUOTE]

It's a flyer, not a coupon, all gamestops should do it, try an EB if you have no luck at gamestop

By the way, it's not one of their best deals...the game has to have at least a $10 trade in value and can't be sports or certain games [motogp, xmen the official game]

I believe they've had get an Xbox 360 game for free before..

[quote name='sarausagi']It's a flyer, not a coupon, all gamestops should do it, try an EB if you have no luck at gamestop

By the way, it's not one of their best deals...the game has to have at least a $10 trade in value and can't be sports or certain games [motogp, xmen the official game]

I believe they've had get an Xbox 360 game for free before..[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess I will keep looking for the flyer.

I tried the trade in 2 get a 360 for $9.99 and was told that they were no longer running that deal? I tend to believe the guy b/c he's the manager and he's also my friend.
So what's up with the misinformation on this forum?
Is it an EB only deal?

bread's done
Back