New Feedback System: speak up now or forever hold your peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm for the new feedback system. I especially like the linking of the feedback. I would still prefer unique trades over unique members for feedback totals, but whatever works best for the people implementing the changes.

Maybe this should be made a sticky or announcement to emphasize its importance?

Yeah, I don't really think its our job to enter in data for users who can't be bothered to do it themselves.

Maybe we (i) should enter in the negative feedback ourselves (into the actual TraderRadings system) to protect our users the best we can. If IIRC, there isn't too many.

I think there's about 30 neutral/negative feedback. They should be in the OP of the Trade Tally. Any that we may be missing could be added later.

Trakan and I have chatted, and this is the gameplan:

1) Nothing will happen with the existing thread/system until Cheapy has given a date of when the old trade thread will be locked. Right before it's locked, I'll drop a tracking post that explains what happens. It's currently still on page 37, which means 7+ pages of updates to be done.
2) I'll do the last update tally, as befits the King of All CAG Traders, plus I owe Trakan for doing it last week while I was on vacation. :D I'll PM it to him, with the full tally and the top 10, and have him edit the tally post, in lieu of Brolly. I'll also put it in some format, either Excel or a tab-delimited text file, with a block on the top of the file showing anyone with a banned trader/negative/neutral in their feedback tally. The rest of the users will be in the main block.
3) Once the trade thread and tally thread are locked, all currently in process trades + new trades will go into the new system.

Sound like a valid idea?

I think the new system is a good idea, I just want to keep my feedback score. I really don't care if anything else is included, I just want my previous total imported. If most start off at 0, or have to rely on people leaving feedback again for old trades, then it would be difficult to tell who is actually trustworthy. I read through this quickly and I can't figure out if the score itself will be imported.

[quote name='shrike4242']Trakan and I have chatted, and this is the gameplan:

1) Nothing will happen with the existing thread/system until Cheapy has given a date of when the old trade thread will be locked. Right before it's locked, I'll drop a tracking post that explains what happens. It's currently still on page 37, which means 7+ pages of updates to be done.
2) I'll do the last update tally, as befits the King of All CAG Traders, plus I owe Trakan for doing it last week while I was on vacation. :D I'll PM it to him, with the full tally and the top 10, and have him edit the tally post, in lieu of Brolly. I'll also put it in some format, either Excel or a tab-delimited text file, with a block on the top of the file showing anyone with a banned trader/negative/neutral in their feedback tally. The rest of the users will be in the main block.
3) Once the trade thread and tally thread are locked, all currently in process trades + new trades will go into the new system.

Sound like a valid idea?[/QUOTE]

Sounds fine.
Can someone with free time fill out one of these forms with the negative/neutral feedback? I can import it. If you don't think its important, we can skip it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sounds fine.
Can someone with free time fill out one of these forms with the negative/neutral feedback? I can import it. If you don't think its important, we can skip it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the people who are 0's & -1's, or are you talking about anyone who has a neg + neutral?

[quote name='shrike4242']Are you talking about the people who are 0's & -1's, or are you talking about anyone who has a neg + neutral?[/QUOTE]
Whichever you guys prefer? We can also do neither.

[quote name='shrike4242']Trakan and I have chatted, and this is the gameplan:

Sound like a valid idea?[/QUOTE]

That sounds great to me. If everyone wanted to wait until school gets out (~19 April for me) before we change the system, I would be willing to be one person who entered in individual items (if we wanted to go the Unique User route). I wouldn't mind working on it for a week or so (once I had time to do so). But it sounds like you guys have already gotten past that decision. Either way, sounds good to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']Are you talking about the people who are 0's & -1's, or are you talking about anyone who has a neg + neutral?[/QUOTE]

I think it should be both, right?

The Wall Of Shame - Currently it's showing anyone with at least 1 negative. That's rather harsh, considering trades can and will go bad with otherwise good traders. Should it possibly be considered users who have a -1 or less overall?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The Wall Of Shame - Currently it's showing anyone with at least 1 negative. That's rather harsh, considering trades can and will go bad with otherwise good traders. Should it possibly be considered users who have a -1 or less overall?[/QUOTE]
I think that's a good idea. Also, could these be manually input by the mods? I think the wall of shame should be the list of verified scammers we have in the tally. Also, sometimes people don't leave feedback for scammers or scammers are found before people are actually scammed.

Off topic, I noticed from the top traders list it lists some of the members with 0 posts. There's names like !cherelle_99 and #milly_78 and other _## that have 0 posts. I think those were made by spam bots.

[quote name='zewone']I will never see my 70+ feedback I earned, so I hate the new system, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

The only way to truly integrate it into the new system is to manually add in 10,000+ posts through an Excel file. The side listing for the rank was a compromise.

The old system was very simple and the new system is anything but. No easy way to input them, except the old manual way. And my 271 feedback is in the same situation as yours, won't be into the new system, just off to the side.

[quote name='shrike4242']The only way to truly integrate it into the new system is to manually add in 10,000+ posts through an Excel file. The side listing for the rank was a compromise.

The old system was very simple and the new system is anything but. No easy way to input them, except the old manual way. And my 271 feedback is in the same situation as yours, won't be into the new system, just off to the side.[/QUOTE]
Is it going to stay that way forever or are people going to, ever so slowly, add posts to an excel file? Maybe people can optionally fill out excel forms for their own feedback or the feedback they left for others?

[quote name='CheapyD']In can be...I'd recommend you start typing now
www.cheapassgamer.com/trade[/QUOTE]
I would be fine with doing my own feedback, since I don't have massive amounts like some of you guys. I'm guessing we would just do feedback that was left for us and leave the comment out? What's the format for the date?

[quote name='CheapyD']In can be...I'd recommend you start typing now
www.cheapassgamer.com/trade[/QUOTE]

So this is a done deal I am assuming? Is there a deadline by which we have to complete this for ourselves? Also, how do we get this to you once we complete the form for our old feedback? If you've previously covered this, I must've missed it.....

Thanks!

[quote name='CheapyD']If we are going to go with a static field on the TraderRatings screen all I need is the Username and tally rating (any format is fine).

In fact, we can have 2 week (or so) period where we have the users enter in their own old trading tally on their profile, then lock the field so no new entries/changes can be made.

We can always have the old (final) tally list handy just in case there are any issues with less than honest users entering their own old tally.

We can get started using the new system this week, once I get the go ahead from you guys.[/QUOTE]

is this what we're going to do? if so, when does it start? if not, what has everybody decided on? sorry but after reading all these posts, i'm confused :lol:

Ok...here is what I think we have really decided on.
When we are sure, I will put it in the OP.

1) Users will be responsible for coming up with their final feedback tally from the old system and entering in a field for this currently on Edit Profile. After a designated time, this field will be locked and no longer be editible by users.
edit: We will verify the feedback entered in by the users who choose to do so.

2) The old number will be listed on your Trader Ratings screen (and possibly profile), but will not affect your Feedback score.

3) I think we can just skip importing the negative feedback and just go with the above plan.

ok, thanks for clearing everything up for us cheapyd! once the new system is in place, i'll go ahead and enter all my past trading info. the plan sounds great so far!

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok...here is what I think we have really decided on.
When we are sure, I will put it in the OP.

1) Users will be responsible for coming up with their final feedback tally from the old system and entering in a field for this currently on Edit Profile. After a designated time, this field will be locked and no longer be editible by users.

2) The old number will be listed on your Trader Ratings screen (and possibly profile), but will not affect your Feedback score.

3) I think we can just skip importing the negative feedback and just go with the above plan.[/QUOTE]
So we're not going to have the option of making our own excel files so we can integrate old feedback into the new feedback system?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']So we're not going to have the option of making our own excel files so we can integrate old feedback into the new feedback system?[/QUOTE]

no, from what i understand, you just enter what your old feedback was into your profile page and thats that

but what about people that only have 1 or 2 trades and put 10 or 20? i guess we will just have to look in the old thread to make sure?

[quote name='blackjaw']no, from what i understand, you just enter what your old feedback was into your profile page and thats that

but what about people that only have 1 or 2 trades and put 10 or 20? i guess we will just have to look in the old thread to make sure?[/QUOTE]

i think thats just stupid...this thing seems to be way more difficult than i thought it would be....if thats the case (typing your old rating into your profile and users being able to make-up #s), then why can't we just have the old rating permanent and uneditable (word?) somewhere in our profile or near our user name...where a mod would have to enter it into your profile and if they wanted to, they could verify it....

then again, if anyone wanted to be fraudulent...they could've been faking trades with other users all along, just to raise their rating...so what can you do?

[quote name='StealthySeal']:( suck

i wish there was something easier

shrike and I have hours upon hours of work to look foward to[/QUOTE]

I only have 11 trades so far but I completely agree. I definitely empathize w/the top 10 traders along w/anyone else w/a high number. Considering what a big part of the community the trading aspect is there should be a more thorough way to integrate the previous rankings. I would certainly give suggestions if I were knowledgeable enough to do so. StealthySeal is right, this is a suck.

[quote name='neocisco']I only have 11 trades so far but I completely agree. I definitely empathize w/the top 10 traders along w/anyone else w/a high number. Considering what a big part of the community the trading aspect is there should be a more thorough way to integrate the previous rankings. I would certainly give suggestions if I were knowledgeable enough to do so. StealthySeal is right, this is a suck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that 271 feedback tends to make me the king of suck in this way. Actually, it'll be double that, since you have to cover feedback on BOTH sides of the transaction, so I'd have to transcribe 542 posts. :shock:

[quote name='StealthySeal']
Can't you just use the old tally in the tally list?
Edited to add:
[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, that 271 feedback tends to make me the king of suck in this way. Actually, it'll be double that, since you have to cover feedback on BOTH sides of the transaction, so I'd have to transcribe 542 posts. :shock:[/QUOTE]
Again, I thought we're just sticking our old tally into that old feedback field that CheapyD added. I'm so confused. :?: (

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i think thats just stupid...this thing seems to be way more difficult than i thought it would be....if thats the case (typing your old rating into your profile and users being able to make-up #s), then why can't we just have the old rating permanent and uneditable (word?) somewhere in our profile or near our user name...where a mod would have to enter it into your profile and if they wanted to, they could verify it....

then again, if anyone wanted to be fraudulent...they could've been faking trades with other users all along, just to raise their rating...so what can you do?[/QUOTE]read my last post again.

[quote name='StealthySeal']:( suck

i wish there was something easier

What work is that?read my last post again.

[quote name='CheapyD']read my last post again.[/QUOTE]

:headache: :oops:

i didn't see that...i saw blackjaw's post about people being able to edit their old ratings and make them higher which made me respond the way i did...

won't happen again

:notworth: :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']No worries...I'm still amazed how many people simply don't give a shit one way or another.

These are the only people who apparently care:
CheapyD 20shrike4242 15judyjudyjudy 11The Successful Dropout 4Trakan 3chickenhawk 3WhipSmartBanky 3javeryh 2CaseyRyback 2doraemonkerpal 2KowHunta 2blackjaw 2punqsux 2neocisco 1Mr Unoriginal 1zionoverfire 1alonzomourning23 1joshingit 1-Never4ever- 1MorPhiend 1StealthySeal 1zewone 1WebScud 1Dazz 1

That's why im not going to lose much sleep over this one.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I certainly care, and might take the opportunity to pull all of mine down and transcribe them into Excel, if nothing else for my own archival purposes, since when you've traded with over 150 different CAGs, you'd like to see how many of them have actually done more than a single trade. Plus, if I can do it, I might set an example for others to do their own. Who knows?

Cheapy, I would change the title of this thread (or make a new one) saying something like "MAKE SURE YOU ADD YOUR OLD FEEDBACK TO YOUR PROFILE". It may just be a case of people not seeing it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh, I certainly care, and might take the opportunity to pull all of mine down and transcribe them into Excel, if nothing else for my own archival purposes, since when you've traded with over 150 different CAGs, you'd like to see how many of them have actually done more than a single trade. Plus, if I can do it, I might set an example for others to do their own. Who knows?[/QUOTE]

im always down for a good trade with you shrike..haha ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']3) I think we can just skip importing the negative feedback and just go with the above plan.[/QUOTE]

I think it's important to get the negative feedback from a certain couple of people. (You may already have this in mind.)

[quote name='StealthySeal']3 dollars paypal to whoever does my feedback excel sheet thingy! hahaha[/QUOTE]
So we are doing the individual Excel sheets? From what Cheapy said, it seems like we're just doing the old tally totals... Am I the only one confused about this? :cry:

I think the seal may have confused what shrike said. shrike said he was going to back it up in excel for his own personal reasons. Of course I may be the one confused.

[quote name='Trakan']I think the seal may have confused what shrike said. shrike said he was going to back it up in excel for his own personal reasons. Of course I may be the one confused.[/QUOTE]

you are correct

shrike just wants a record of who he traded with, maybe he can find some patterns or whatever else is to be found (how much money he has recieved, how many games he has given, etc)

as cheapy said, we are just putting our total in our member profile, that will help those of us that have trade experience to begin trading again with the new system, and give us a visual reminder of an older, simpler (less efficient..haha) time

ok, i already entered the number of positive feedback i've received (26). amazingly, none of them have been with shrike lol!

if anybody ever needs a reminder, they can see it in my profile, and they can also corroborate the number from the old tally thread :D

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']So we are doing the individual Excel sheets? From what Cheapy said, it seems like we're just doing the old tally totals... Am I the only one confused about this? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Your not the only person that's really really confused about this. I have really no idea what's going down, after reading everything my best guess is that we are just going have a place in our profile were we stick our old tally and it won't count for shit in the new system, which blows massive amounts of ass.

Although there may be an option for an individual to do his/her own spreadsheet? Is this the case? Or is that not an option? If it is an option how does one do it and when is the cut off for having it done?

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner because I definately care (I blame it on the non-functional latest post function on the front page, since that's pretty much the only way I browse the forums here).

I think we should scrap the unique user thing and just go with total score, that way couldn't we just simply enter our old score and have it counted in our new total ranking?

I have 50 feedback right now and I will be none too pleased if I have to start over or worse yet if people simply choose to ignore the old numbers. I'll be damned if some newbie with like 5 feedback in the new system ever dares to question my old total of 50.

A newbie's take on this -
I think listing the users old trade tally in their profile is a terrific idea. However, I think we should use / see this only as a short term solution. Yes, typing all 200 + pages of trades into excel won't happen overnight. But there's over 27 thousand CAGS and roughly 60 + who actively trade. Asking CheapyD, Shrike, SS4Brolly, BigDirty, Punqsux, Trakan, and Seal to do all the work is inconsiderate and ridiculous, considering how much of their time and resources they already put into this site. That being said, there ought to be few good CAGS out there willing to help out in typing / exporting all the old trades.
That being said, I'm willing to help transcribe the old trades (/threads) and put them into an excel worksheet. Actually I've already started....I just need a little clarification on a couple things. /end rant
PS: Please don't ban me. 0.o

well...maybe we can see if there is a way we can hack TraderRatings to add the old feedback store to the new one.
Lets discuss it further tomorrow. gnight

[quote name='CheapyD']well...maybe we can see if there is a way we can hack TraderRatings to add the old feedback store to the new one.
Lets discuss it further tomorrow. gnight[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome if it's doable!

I finally was able to sit and read this thread (I actually read it a few times trying to figure it all out). I guess I like the idea of at least incorporating the feedback tally from the old system even though it will be a separate number. I don't have Excel and therefore am unable to create a feedback log to send.
It does suck for users like Shrike who will be at zero for the new ratings system, but at least the old number will still be there.
Personally, I think it is much better to be having a debate about a new feedback system than to be complaining about the forums being down or hacked. We've moved on to bigger and better things and am confident that you guys have this very much under control.
Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back