New Feedback System: speak up now or forever hold your peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it would. :lol:

Who did you trade with?
What did you get?
What did you give?
How long did the deal take?
Were they friendly?
Easy to work with?
Quick to respond?
Would you deal with them again?
Additional Comments?

I think all of this information could be easily displayed using the new system. The user would just type this information in the space provided.

Shipping Method Used?
Shipping Price (If not included)?
Payment Method (If Buy/Sell)?
Overall experience rating (Out of 10)?

I think these are the less important and can be added by CAGs if they wish, but not necessary anymore, especially the (Out of 10)

I don't think we'd even have to use the link, but that's not up to me.

If we can type all that, then you're right, a link wouldn't be necessary at all. I wasn't sure if there was a character limit in the "comments" portion or not. Even if there wasn't a character limit, I would probably still prefer to use the links and just have one line comments like in eBay. But either way, the result is the same; you get to reference your old feedback to back up your totals.

We can ask Cheapy about the character limit. I agree that having the links would be useful, but I think that's now twice the work, which I don't think anybody wants. :lol:

If anything is left out, and you'd like to ask a certain user about how they ship, how they usually pay, etc, they're always just a PM away. That's how I look at it.

ok ive begun hunting down my old feedback, and if you guys actully pay (more than $3) i will do it for other people as well, i am only filling in cloumns a,b,and c

ill let you guys know approx how long it take me to do mine and if you want yours done, you can make offers accordingly.

ok, i finished mine and i came up with only 65 as opposed to the 69 my rating in the tally claims, but im not going to sweat it, im sure i missed some, but its not worth re-doing the whole thing.

my offer for anyone who wants their feedback done for them is $7 paypal if you have less than 100 feedback. i can not promise it will be 100% perfect, but perhaps the tally we have now is off, who can honestly say?

thats my offer, anyone intrested post here or IM/PM me.

cheapy, im sure its been covered, but theres so much text in this thread, and im am so so lazy.

do i e-mail you my finished excel file?

[quote name='punqsux']cheapy, im sure its been covered, but theres so much text in this thread, and im am so so lazy.

do i e-mail you my finished excel file?[/QUOTE]
He said he was going to post a separate thread with instructions. So it might be best to wait until then before people start doing other people's feedback, since there might be specifics about the excel file he hasn't mentioned (like character limits, which columns are required, etc.)

Also, you mentioned your total didn't match your own count... are you doing searches? Because I missed a couple through searching my username due to weird entries like "Who did you trade with?judyjudyjudy", which has my username stuck to "with?"

i did 2 threads by hand and 2 threads with searches. i then searched one of the threads i did by hand, and it found 35, where by hand i found 36

it wasnt worth it to me to dig around the rest by hand to make us for such a small margin of error.

judy i went back to the one i searched by hand and found one less by search engine. it picked up the one i lost when i searched for "with?punqsux"

using this method, i found one more that i missed, still leaving 3 unaccounted for, but my name is often misspelled

I know I have less feedback than you punq, but this is what I did, and I was only 1 feedback off. I switched the advanced search results to posts and searched under "trade trakan."

Might be different things you can try, I'm just throwing that one out there.

I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure some of you are. Would it be impossible to create some sort of bot that searches through the feedback threads and then outputs the data to one big spreadsheet? Seems plausible to me. I wrote my feedback number in my profile but if it's going to get erased, eh.. so be it. How would I catalog my feedback anywa? Just go through those 500 or whatever pages of feedback and do ctrl + f "PhrostByte"? Is that the only way?

Can someone summarize what's been decided here? I'm not reading all this to see what's going to happen. I got confused after shrike got into the topic after about a dozen posts. :lol:

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Can someone summarize what's been decided here? I'm not reading all this to see what's going to happen. I got confused after shrike got into the topic after about a dozen posts. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I am not the center of all confusion, Crash. :razz:

2 cags have contacted me about doing their feedback, i did one of them already and i discovered he actully had 51 positive feedback, as opposed to the 50 he was credited for in the tally.

i will do anyones feedback with less than 100 total feedback for $7 (if you have more than 100, PM me) i can not promise it will be 100% perfect (i lost 3 on my own feedback total) but as you can see with the case above, you might even end up with more. i will only be recording the traded with CAG and the feedback left, everything else will be left blank. if you have had any neg or neutral feedbacks left for you, you must tell me in your PM.

thems the rules...7 bucks per excel file!

[quote name='punqsux']2 cags have contacted me about doing their feedback, i did one of them already and i discovered he actully had 51 positive feedback, as opposed to the 50 he was credited for in the tally.

i will do anyones feedback with less than 100 total feedback for $7 (if you have more than 100, PM me) i can not promise it will be 100% perfect (i lost 3 on my own feedback total) but as you can see with the case above, you might even end up with more. i will only be recording the traded with CAG and the feedback left, everything else will be left blank. if you have had any neg or neutral feedbacks left for you, you must tell me in your PM.

thems the rules...7 bucks per excel file![/QUOTE]

Another reason why the new system is better than the old one. The humans get out of the mix for doing the counts. We make mistakes, it happens.

When I go to do my feedback collection, I'm going to go to my first feedback left for me, which is on trade thread 1 (or 2, not sure which one it starts on), and do a search for "shrike4242" on each and every page in all the trade threads. :shock: Only way to be 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back