New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Was gonna maybe go for Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection PS3 for $20, its also $20 at Best Buy but looks like its unavailable in all the stores I tried (and not available for online ordering).

All the KMarts in my town are in the shitty side of town and super far away though :(

Or perhaps some time in July they get the value game stickers and special bar codes for $14.99/$19.99 on them. Then they come out of the clearance cycle and stay that price until the end of time

Or if it is my kmart they are hidden in a backroom or sent to another store. Or if they are my sears, they are already gone because they dont carry any media anymore. :(

These are clearance games that have been slowly dropping in price for months, its not a sale that is going to end.

actually it might end in july if they remove them from system then discounts vary based on store discretion if any.

Or perhaps some time in July they get the value game stickers and special bar codes for $14.99/$19.99 on them. Then they come out of the clearance cycle and stay that price until the end of time

Or if it is my kmart they are hidden in a backroom or sent to another store. Or if they are my sears, they are already gone because they dont carry any media anymore. :(
Or the clearance prices go from nationwide to store-by-store YMMV. Either way, if something's changing in July then I'd like to know what part of July so I know how long I have to make a trip.

Ni No Kuni is $5. One of the best JRPG's I've played since the PS2 era FF's. It's a hybrid mesh of pokemon, dragon quest, except with more beautiful graphics and cutscenes.

IF YOU HAVE A PS3 BUY IT!

if they remove them from system then discounts vary based on store discretion if any.
Based on the past clearances, this is pretty much what it is. I went to 4 stores today and none of them were properly marked ($15 stuff marked $40+, $10 stuff marked $25+,etc), so once they go out of system, most likely the employees will just manually adjust it to whatever sticker it was marked last. People have posted the rare occasions when kmart employees will just say "Oh Its out of system? We'll just sell it for $1" but the chances are extremely low with the way that company is running.

Last edited by a moderator:
I logged into my SYWR account and found out I had 9,000 surprise points but I can use 5,000 points only on footware and the other 4,000 I have to spend $20 or more to be able to use them.

[quote name="RoytheRobot" post="11878641" timestamp="1403928899"]I logged into my SYWR account and found out I had 9,000 surprise points but I can use 5,000 points only on footware and the other 4,000 I have to spend $20 or more to be able to use them.[/quote]

I got surprise points too..... For use on garden ware.

Splurged on a $40 Wii U Pro Controller in town, only to drive 45 minutes to check the next nearest Kmart for deals. Found the Pro Controller for $30, so that nets me a savings of about $0 with the gas used. Also no Game & Wario. :whistle2:(

I found these on a table with the small yellow price stickers. All were $5 - the employee had to manually adjust the price for each of them:

:360: Eternal Sonata

:360: NCAA March Madness 08

:360: NCAA Basketball 10

I had never seen any of them in the case before, so I think they were cleaning up in the back and brought stuff out. There was also a lot of other sports games.

I found these on a table with the small yellow price stickers. All were $5 - the employee had to manually adjust the price for each of them:

:360: Eternal Sonata

:360: NCAA March Madness 08

:360: NCAA Basketball 10

I had never seen any of them in the case before, so I think they were cleaning up in the back and brought stuff out. There was also a lot of other sports games.
I hope for your sake you didn't open up that NCAA Basketball 10.

I checked out my local Kmart today for the first time in months, and they have hardly any games left. Even in the glass case, there wasn't more than 10 different games for any system.

I hope for your sake you didn't open up that NCAA Basketball 10.
Heh, yeah, at this point in the cycle I'm mostly buying 360 games for collection purposes. I was pretty shocked when I saw it just sitting there. I've never seen him, but the employees at this Kmart and the Toys R Us nearby told me there's a hoarder who goes by every week or so to find things to sell on eBay.

I was able to grab Professor Layton Miracle Mask and Rhythm Heaven for Wii. Still missed Mario Party 9 and Game and Wario. If anyone has extra's of either maybe we can work a trade ;)

I logged into my SYWR account and found out I had 9,000 surprise points but I can use 5,000 points only on footware and the other 4,000 I have to spend $20 or more to be able to use them.
I had those 4K points since last week I think, I went today and bought some other stuff that was on clearance like some chairs pads 3 sets and some led nightlight/usb power (even for iPads) (those nighlights were only $2 ).

lol

Does anyone know if surprise points can be combined?
Nope, but there is a coupon in your local coupon section of the iPhone app at least, I'clipped' that and got $2 extra off and $2 more for next purchase in points which I used for the other part of what I bought, in the end I used today $8 in surprise points/coupons in my purchase. lol

-------------

The store had Tearaway :vita: asked the guy to tell me the price, the machine gave him a weird beep, I guess out of system since the guy took some seconds to tell me the price and the guy told me $45, I'm like keep it, whatever, I bet I won't see the game there tomorrow. No MG Legacy collection :( A bunch of dishonored and madden and such though. they also had a bunch of 360s like the red version/kinect/etc and some blue ps3s all for ridiculous prices.

Went to a Kmart to spend my points. Nothing good left. Only Maddens and a few Guitar Heros.

I did saw one decent thing, it was a Pokemon LE 3ds XL for $182.

I was at KMart buying a belt and I decided to swing by the game section of electronics. Looks like all the deals I saw were previously posted here. I did see Crysis 3 for $12 though. Not sure if that's a good deal or not

Heh, yeah, at this point in the cycle I'm mostly buying 360 games for collection purposes. I was pretty shocked when I saw it just sitting there. I've never seen him, but the employees at this Kmart and the Toys R Us nearby told me there's a hoarder who goes by every week or so to find things to sell on eBay.
That dude is a pretty sorry ebay reseller then, leaving NCAA 10 at Kmart. That hoarder's incompetence worked out for you though. Congrats on a great find!

These prices are NOT Nationwide.

Either that or the July deadline came early because I went to three Kmarts today and the prices were ridiculous (Black Ops 2 - 49.99 and 59.99 respectively)...and the only game the last one had was Spec Ops for 29.99....

HAHA Man I have to laugh after spending 20 bucks in gas for nothing this deal is a HUGE YMMV and that list is cool but just a tease since odds of finding them at that price are not good in my experience (obviously).

[quote name="IronsideGrunt" post="11880736" timestamp="1404012217"]These prices are NOT Nationwide.

Either that or the July deadline came early because I went to three Kmarts today and the prices were ridiculous (Black Ops 2 - 49.99 and 59.99 respectively)...and the only game the last one had was Spec Ops for 29.99....

HAHA Man I have to laugh after spending 20 bucks in gas for nothing this deal is a HUGE YMMV and that list is cool but just a tease since odds of finding them at that price are not good in my experience (obviously).[/quote]did they scanned the games with an ipad or phone?

did they scanned the games with an ipad or phone?
I had them scan the games at the register. Then they told me that if I expected another price that online and in store are different blah blah blah...

They were the same price that they were marked (with a price sticker). I hoped against hope that they were just being lazy about marking them down and that whe they scanned them I'd be OK but that wasn't the case, three times.

Or while getting Kmart clearance you get flip flops 2 for $1 which according to my email has been extended for another week.  During my ordeal I got one of those $5 off $5 of footwear so I'll be getting 10 pairs of flip flops for free.

Went 2 Kmart stores. All the clearance games is GONE. I think EBAY GEEK hit all my local Kmart.
Yeah at my store there were no clearance games at all in the normal section -- replaced with other items instead. Something is strange because there's always some clearance shovelware left over that nobody wants...

I checked the Diamond Bar K-Mart today:

:wii: Metroid Other M $14.97
:wii: Fortune Street $15
:wiiu: Zombiu $10
:wiiu: ESPN Sports Connection $15
:ps3: FUSE $10
:ps3: Crysis 3 Hunter Edition $10
:ps3: NeverDead $5
:360: Dishonored $10
:360: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition $15
:360: Need For Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition $10
:360: Two Worlds II $9.97
:360: Star Trek $10
:360: Army of Two Devil's Cartel Overkill Edition $10
:3ds: Mario Tennis Open $15

They also had shelf space for :ds: Pokemon Black for $10, but they are all gone.

Vernon, CT one is pretty much empty now outside of a small selection on a table. 

Only notable item I saw was MGS Rising for $15 on the 360.

The local hoarder team came to my store today and cleared out everything good. Nobody is buying the games anyway so I have no problem with it like many people on this site would.

I got a move navi controller for 2.99. It's out of the system and have to be keyed in manually.

We decided to buy the soda that was advertised in the ad $5 for 5 and the correct price didn't even ring up in the register!! The biggest sale of the week... And it doesn't even ring up... What a joke. How many people went in for this deal and got charged full price for each soda without even knowing it..Our transaction required 6-7 overrides in which the supervisor has to come over and approve each one, we didn't have one single item that rang up the price it should. Kmart is officially a complete ripoff now. Based on this experience I wouldn't trust them to honor any thing else in their ad.

I have an extra copy of Game & Wario if someone's interested, would like to trade it for The Wonderful 101 since I couldn't find a copy of it at Toys R Us. TRADED

Also, anyone near Watsonville, CA, there were at least 5 more copies of Game & Wario in the store.

To be fair I don't think I have ever seen game & wario at my store or ni no kuni and I go occasionally. We do have a lot of FF 13 though, it's not even on sale. We did have assassin's creed and ninja gaiden for the Wii U at $10 each.

I think I'm just gonna grab Game & Wario from Amazon before it gets really hard to find like Wario Ware Smooth Moves did.

And speaking of Smooth Moves, holy cow, did the value of that game ever tank. For a while, that game was flippable for $80 or more. Now it's going for $10 or less for complete copies on ebay.

OK, I went to my nearest Kmart. Im pissed. I checked the game section and they had a bunch of Madden and NHL games on clearance. When I was about to leave I see this man at the register with 3 pink 3ds XL, 2 Xbox 360 250gb bundles (were marked $137, don't know if they were lower) and a few more (video game) stuff in his cart. Apparently he hes friends with the employees on that section. Now I know why I can't find something good at these kmarts.

bread's done
Back