New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='yourlefthand']I just realized that I bought $90 worth of games and they didn't ring up with the half off. Checking out took 20 minutes - I don't want to imagine how long getting this fixed will take.[/QUOTE]

At $4-6 that would be roughly 14-21 games. So I was wondering if you found anything good / not on the list yet?

I decided to stop my my Kmart while I was out today - as usual (at least according to the stories here), there was a ton of stuff that scanned for $4-6 while the stickers still had 'em at $15-20. Picked up Resonance of Fate and Eternal Sonata (both 360) for $9.63 after getting a manager to give me 50% off on one of 'em (there was a sign on a table that had the promo listed, but, of course, it didn't ring up at the register).

There were other games like Rock Band Metal Track Pack 1 (360) for $4, Rock Band 3 (DS) for $4, Dead Space Extraction (Wii) for $6, Trauma Center 2 (DS) for $6, etc. but I wasn't exactly in love with any of those and I didn't want to hassle the manager some more and press my luck with the 50% thing.

Oh, and there was one more copy of Eternal Sonata left. If anyone really wanted it, I could try to grab it next time I'm in that area (which might not be for another week), lemme know. I'd do it for whatever it'd cost to ship, plus a little extra (for gas and time!).

[quote name='fadersdream']You should go back and ask that guy "how are you enjoying your new blue PSP?" pretty sure we all know where they went.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know for sure if those vibrant blue PSP 3000 packs had ever gone clearance? Now that they are gone I guess it doesn't really matter, but I am curious how good of a deal I missed out on. If it was only 25% off or so I wouldn't mind at all, but it still is a little bit odd that they have 2 other PSP systems at regular price. Maybe they are waiting for the PSP Vita 2000 to come out before they try to get rid of them.

Went to two Kmarts on Sunday. BOGO was not in the system yet. Manager at the first store said that only games ending in .00 would be eligible (and not .97.) Second store was fantastic- the manager did an override for any game marked with a clearance tag. So, YMMV as usual when it comes to Kmart.

VM

[quote name='jiggyteddy']That is the PS3 version... 360 gives $5.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes. Forgot to add the 'PS3' version of Singularity.

I picked up Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, A Boy And His Bob, and Singularity. Came up $23.xx. Didn't ring up correctly. They owe me about $5. I'm going to email them instead of going back to the store. Trading in Singularity, and keeping the other three.

Oh K-Mart, you make me lol.

Long story short, found about 70$ worth of games i wanted, and get to the register only for the lady to say "Sorry, but theres no sale this week". Walked about 10 feet to grab an ad then show her, she replies with "Oh, well all the games have to be for PS3 then", i took out all the non PS3 games and she calls her manager who apparently then says "Its gotta be those 3 games from the ad". I dug through the stacks of games to find 2 of them (Singularity and GH), only for the sale to still not work, and the employees basically giving up

Ended up walking out annoyed at how rude the employees were, didnt even buy the stuff. And its just my luck that the one store the sale does work at is 90% composed of PS2 and GBA games

Ok, I spoke with kmart corporate about this using the complaint phone number and they told me that they usually don't do discounts on top of the clearance price. I asked the rep to explain the ad to me and they could not even explain the ad to me. I spent about 15 min explaining the ad to them and what was happening with clearance games not ringing up in the system. I encourage everyone from the site to call and mass complain to kmart. You can reach a rep quickly by calling 1-866-562-7848 and pressing 4 or 6.

If anyone else has any ideas I have lots of free time.

[quote name='Carlanga']Saw today, but didn't buy: PS3 Warhawk w/ Jabra Headset for $4.50[/QUOTE]
Five bucks for a Bluetooth headset(that likely wouldn't hold a charge anymore due to how old it is:razz:) isn't that bad of a deal actually. But the game is full of nothing but long time vets, so if you wanted to play that expect to get annihilated quickly.:roll:

One of my local stores used to have 2-3 of these a couple of years ago, in the years BJ(Before Josh), but in the last year or two they must've either sold out of them or shipped them out to other stores.

They went from having cases overloaded with 2-3 rows of games facing spine out stacked in front of each other to one row in each case and tons on the $19.99 and under racks. Even the copies of Sid Meier's Civilizations Revolution that they had 3-5 copies of went and disappeared.

[quote name='SaraAB']Ok, I spoke with kmart corporate about this using the complaint phone number and they told me that they usually don't do discounts on top of the clearance price. I asked the rep to explain the ad to me and they could not even explain the ad to me. I spent about 15 min explaining the ad to them and what was happening with clearance games not ringing up in the system. I encourage everyone from the site to call and mass complain to kmart. You can reach a rep quickly by calling 1-866-562-7848 and pressing 4 or 6.

If anyone else has any ideas I have lots of free time.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: I called the number which you provided. The lady was really helpful. I explained my situation, and she asked me if I returned to the store where I bought the items. I told her it was pretty far for me, and it wouldn't be worth it to go back to the store to get the $5 difference. She then put me on hold for about five minutes, and she told me that she could send me a $10 gift card for my inconvenience. Done and done. I'm glad I didn't go back to the store because I'm pretty sure they would have given me a hard time. After trading in Singularity for $14 and receiving the $10 gift card, my copies of Guitar Hero Smash Hits/Guitar Hero Metallica/and A Boy and His Blob were FREE. Talk about being cheap!

I advise anyone that had trouble with a K-mart experience, call the number above.

At the Kmart I went to today, everything just rang up as 25% off. I got 7 $6 games and 1 $4 game and they rang up automatically as $4.50 and $3 each.

[quote name='Carlanga']Saw today, but didn't buy: PS3 Warhawk w/ Jabra Headset for $4.50[/QUOTE]

[quote name='V Gundam']You mean Warhawk right?[/QUOTE]

To ask... How could you NOT buy a game and headset at right price?!

Very few clearance games at my local store, only thing slightly interesting is a copy of Heavy Rain directors cut for $20 with nothing to pair with it.

I had stopped in Sunday and there were no signs and the employee knew nothing about it. He was "just covering" the electronics department for the day.

Both my local stores had the clearance properly scanning. Picked up a bunch of shovelware because neither store had anything I wanted. I spent $75 and flipped it all to BB for $195.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Five bucks for a Bluetooth headset(that likely wouldn't hold a charge anymore due to how old it is:razz:) isn't that bad of a deal actually. But the game is full of nothing but long time vets, so if you wanted to play that expect to get annihilated quickly.:roll:....[/QUOTE]

LOL exact reasons why I didn't buy it! :)

[quote name='Romeo']To ask... How could you NOT buy a game and headset at right price?![/QUOTE]
Easy: It's a cheap Jabra headset (I don't even use the one I own)... if it was the Sony one then yes i would have bought it. The game is only multiplayer no SP and is from 06-07...

I actually had the official Sony one a year or two ago from grabbing Tom Clancy's Endwar bundle with the headset from BB on clearance for $20. But I hate those in-ear headsets, so it immediately went to GS for $X.

[quote name='coopscohen']Both my local stores had the clearance properly scanning. Picked up a bunch of shovelware because neither store had anything I wanted. I spent $75 and flipped it all to BB for $195.[/QUOTE]

Mind posting the games you traded in? Probably going to do one last run this week.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Mind posting the games you traded in? Probably going to do one last run this week.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM. Not that I care if everyone knows but wasn't sure if I was allowed to post a flip list in the forum.

I scored a mismarked Halo Anniversary for $14.99. Electronics Dept needed a manager override and sent me to Customer Service and the $39.99 price was overridden no questions asked.

All other clearance games weren't noteworthy, price or title.

[quote name='KitsuDeXstrosity']I scored a mismarked Halo Anniversary for $14.99. Electronics Dept needed a manager override and sent me to Customer Service and the $39.99 price was overridden no questions asked.

All other clearance games weren't noteworthy, price or title.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Wish I was that lucky. During this clearance wave, I've found 3 items mismarked at 3 different stores and not one honored the sticker price. I was really sad about getting rejected on a Halo Reach Legendary Edition that was behind a glass case marked $8.99. It rang up $89.99 and the CSR called the manager and they just apologized and said the sticker is incorrect :cry:

Well, I went to my local Kmart today to see the weekly ad thing and there isn't even a buy 1 get 1 50% off for video games anywhere in the weekly handout. Is this supposed to be national?

And I have to ask again:
Is there anywhere online that I can get a pdf file or jpeg or any proof to show?

This is my 2nd day going to kmart and this shit is getting ridiculous.

[quote name='jd12586']I found 360 rock band 3 with keyboard for $2.00 and loco roco 2 for .75[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to see another one at your store? My store still has them for $40.00...ugh...
@PublikDefender, I believe it's on page four in the lower right hand corner.

Man my kmart must just suck because a boy and his blob is still almost twenty bucks, green day rock band is like $30 and other games you guys mention getting for $5 are the same way. So long story short kmart is extremely ymmv.

[quote name='coopscohen']I sent you a PM. Not that I care if everyone knows but wasn't sure if I was allowed to post a flip list in the forum.[/QUOTE]

sent you a pm :D

[quote name='coopscohen']I sent you a PM. Not that I care if everyone knows but wasn't sure if I was allowed to post a flip list in the forum.[/QUOTE]
i just sent you a PM

I wanted to thank everyone for pointing out that Muramasa had two skus in their system. As it turned out, I was able to find an older one that didn't have the "Value Game $14.99" stickers on the case. I picked up that and Front Mission Evolved on PS3 for $9.

During checkout, all I did was mention that there was a sale before she scanned anything in. She grabbed an ad and had me find it, then she simply punched in something so that the second game rang in at 50% off. No hassle at all.

hey guys i have a question, i have a 15$ "gaming" coupon from purchasing Diablo 3 and was wondering if I could use it on ms points. I had asked the employee there when I first got it and he said he didn't know and that I probably could only use use it on a game.

[quote name='Bezerker']At the Kmart I went to today, everything just rang up as 25% off. I got 7 $6 games and 1 $4 game and they rang up automatically as $4.50 and $3 each.[/QUOTE]

Is there 25% off sale advertised somewhere? It's just as good as b1g1 50 off anyway. They probably did not know how to program the sale correctly.

I don't know how or why, but I found Nier for X360 at my K-Mart for $4 - and it rang up for $3. Today was a good day.

Just got back from the one in Valparaiso,IN and picked up:

Glory of Heracles(DS) $4.50
Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past(DS) $4.50
You Don't Know Jack(DS) $6.00
Spectrobes Origins(Wii) $3.00
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution 3(Wii) $3.00
3x Muramasa(Wii - there were MANY copies) $4.50
3x Sonic Unleashed(PS3 - again, there were many copies) $4.50

Going to use some of these for trading at Best Buy/Gamestop and the rest for myself.

Still looking for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games(DS) and Fire Emblem on Wii. Willing to pay $30 shipped if anyone comes across Fire Emblem on Wii for $10.(If this is not allowed in this thread, I will remove this part).

All the 6 dollar games just scan up at 4.50, effectively B1G1 half off. From what I saw, all clearance games over 10 bucks don't scan up on sale(found a 15 dollar Uncharted 2 that scanned at 10 bucks but anything over 10, forget it). You can request an override on the 20 dollar games(I did so on Batman Arkham Asylum) after showing the ad but that's obviously YMMV. In that KMart, I got the 20 dollar games from the same bin as all the cheap ones were in and the bin itself was plastered with B1G1 half off signs, so it was hard for them to deny me. Other KMart I went to, the bin wasn't signed at all.

[quote name='jonathansmith369']Does anyone know for sure if those vibrant blue PSP 3000 packs had ever gone clearance? Now that they are gone I guess it doesn't really matter, but I am curious how good of a deal I missed out on. If it was only 25% off or so I wouldn't mind at all, but it still is a little bit odd that they have 2 other PSP systems at regular price. Maybe they are waiting for the PSP Vita 2000 to come out before they try to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

saw the blue psp with invisimals for $136 on clearance yesterday.

I just went back to kmart for the first time since I last posted finds (5/17) to check out the BOGO 50%. Nothing new, which isn't surprising. The problem for me is they actually marked all of the clearance games UP for this sale. Singularity, that I picked up when I was there for $6 is back to stickered and scanning at $12.99, Bioshock I had picked up for $4, now is back up to $9.99. Vanquish was down to $14.99 (I didn't buy it, I just remember there being a kajillion copies) is up to $17.99 :360: and $19.99 :ps3:. Green Day Rock Band was up to $19.99 (I think it was $9.99 last week).

The only things that didn't go up were games that were already $19.99 or higher last week, and a :psp: Prince of Persia game ($6) and The 3rd Birthday ($14.99).

I was finally starting to think Kmart had become a place worth shopping at. They sure proved me wrong, eh?

[quote name='gotdott']hey guys i have a question, i have a 15$ "gaming" coupon from purchasing Diablo 3 and was wondering if I could use it on ms points. I had asked the employee there when I first got it and he said he didn't know and that I probably could only use use it on a game.[/QUOTE]

That should work just fine. Essentially that coupon works on anything gaming related.

[quote name='Irsaan']I just went back to kmart for the first time since I last posted finds (5/17) to check out the BOGO 50%. Nothing new, which isn't surprising. The problem for me is they actually marked all of the clearance games UP for this sale. Singularity, that I picked up when I was there for $6 is back to stickered and scanning at $12.99, Bioshock I had picked up for $4, now is back up to $9.99. Vanquish was down to $14.99 (I didn't buy it, I just remember there being a kajillion copies) is up to $17.99 :360: and $19.99 :ps3:. Green Day Rock Band was up to $19.99 (I think it was $9.99 last week).

The only things that didn't go up were games that were already $19.99 or higher last week, and a :psp: Prince of Persia game ($6) and The 3rd Birthday ($14.99).

I was finally starting to think Kmart had become a place worth shopping at. They sure proved me wrong, eh?[/QUOTE]

Shady.

I went to another Kmart today and found more games to flip. Not as profitable as yesterday but I'm trying to avoid trading more than 1 of every game as my girlfriend is trading stuff in and I don't want to get her banned also.

Turned about $30 into $88.20 in BB credit. Total I've spent around $100 and got about $284 in BB credit.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That should work just fine. Essentially that coupon works on anything gaming related.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='coopscohen']I went to another Kmart today and found more games to flip. Not as profitable as yesterday but I'm trying to avoid trading more than 1 of every game as my girlfriend is trading stuff in and I don't want to get her banned also.

Turned about $30 into $88.20 in BB credit. Total I've spent around $100 and got about $284 in BB credit.[/QUOTE]

which games? if you dont mind me asking :p

[quote name='Irsaan']I just went back to kmart for the first time since I last posted finds (5/17) to check out the BOGO 50%. Nothing new, which isn't surprising. The problem for me is they actually marked all of the clearance games UP for this sale. Singularity, that I picked up when I was there for $6 is back to stickered and scanning at $12.99, Bioshock I had picked up for $4, now is back up to $9.99. Vanquish was down to $14.99 (I didn't buy it, I just remember there being a kajillion copies) is up to $17.99 :360: and $19.99 :ps3:. Green Day Rock Band was up to $19.99 (I think it was $9.99 last week).

I was finally starting to think Kmart had become a place worth shopping at. They sure proved me wrong, eh?[/QUOTE]

Ugh! Glad I didn't bother going there today!

[quote name='coopscohen']I went to another Kmart today and found more games to flip. Not as profitable as yesterday but I'm trying to avoid trading more than 1 of every game as my girlfriend is trading stuff in and I don't want to get her banned also.

Turned about $30 into $88.20 in BB credit. Total I've spent around $100 and got about $284 in BB credit.[/QUOTE]

Then, again...

So, which games got you all of that?!

[quote name='gotdott']thanks[/QUOTE]

Anytime man. I had a great day at K-mart today. Spent about $61 and turned that into $161.70 credit. :applause: Thanks again guys. I think I'm done trading for a while. Don't want to get that ban, you know.

Also if you spend $50, you get a $5 gift card. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to use that along with my $10 gift card before the 23rd.

Just ran by a local store, they have a corrected ad sign up saying that they will taken an additional 25% of any clearance marked game.

All of the clearance games were either cheap crap, or marked too high to be added to my backlog.

Yet again, Kmart disappoints.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Anytime man. I had a great day at K-mart today. Spent about $61 and turned that into $161.70 credit. :applause: Thanks again guys. I think I'm done trading for a while. Don't want to get that ban, you know.

Also if you spend $50, you get a $5 gift card. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to use that along with my $10 gift card before the 23rd.[/QUOTE]

What games did you trade in?

I just want to give a big thanks to you guys as well. I hit all 3 stores in the Portland Metro area, and while pickings were VERY slim, I was able to turn $57 into $136.50 in Best Buy credit using crappy $4 DS and Wii games. Most of them were the "Imagine" series. Nothing of any value really at all at any of the stores though. Either nothing anyone would want, or the prices were too high.

[quote name='sigmablast']What games did you trade in?[/QUOTE]

My haul:
2 copies of Imagine: Gymnast $4.50 each
My Virtual Tutor: $4.50
Buzz Quiz World $3.00
2 copies of Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $4.50 each
Sushi Go Round $3.00
Wii - Create $3.00
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader $6:00
PBR: Out of the Chute $3.00
Guitar Hero: Metallica $4.50
Fire Emblem: Dragon Sword? $3.00 (kept this one in case it becomes rare down the line) :hot:
and Backyard Sports $6.00

I also brought Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Bulletstorm. I know it's 13 games and it should be 14 to get the half off price, but I didn't see anything else of value there. I also lost a dollar or two on one/two games or so because the trade in value was a dollar or so less than what I paid. The trade in bonus and $5 gift card made up for it though. All in all good trade in I might add. My coworkers said the games look brand spanking new. ;)

bread's done
Back