New metal?

[quote name='Metal Boss']I'll take this list over a couple of squealing nancies like dragonforce any day, i'd consider kiss metal over that crap.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong.

[quote name='Metal Boss']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Yes rules, but is not metal.

[quote name='Metal Boss']Judas fucking prist

Iron fucking maiden

All we need now is slayer fucking slayer, theres your stretch of the imagination :lol:[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking stupid?

Are you REALLY that fucking stupid?

Do you see that little "many" there? Do you see that? Yeah, that means that THE DESCRIPTION DOES NOT APPLY TO EVER SINGLE BAND.

[quote name='Metal Boss']Rush definitely contributed to metal. [/QUOTE]

Contributing to metal=/=Being metal

[quote name='Metal Boss']Poison and Tesla while not pop music, [/QUOTE]

Yes they were.

[quote name='Metal Boss']are probably not metal and if you want to judge by todays standards you could throw all these bands out the window because everything has nearly been done into the ground. [/QUOTE]

Now THIS makes sense.:roll:

[quote name='Metal Boss']I don't judge on todays social standards for music, I judge on what ROCKS.[/QUOTE]

Rocking=/=Metal

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Does anyone have any suggestions for sites that sell metal cds? I'm wondering because I'm looking to get the new Darkseed CD that came out last year. And I usually go thru Century Medias shop, but they don't carry it. Hell, all their stuff is out of print in the US, Darkseeds stuff that is. I just don't want to deal with high ass import prices. Plus, most of the good sites that sell the more obscure stuff aren't based in the US. God, that all sound incoherant[/QUOTE]

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/
Free shipping, most prices are fair, second to Century Media in variety of CDs.

http://www.willowtip.com/store/
Not the best selection, but free shipping and most CDs are $8-$11

[quote name='evanft'] Are you fucking stupid?

Are you REALLY that fucking stupid?

Do you see that little "many" there? Do you see that? Yeah, that means that THE DESCRIPTION DOES NOT APPLY TO EVER SINGLE BAND.[/quote]

If you want to get picky you could say none of them apply since he asked for "NEW METAL". You're a pompous idiot. I had said they were just about all metal, if not in the realm, plus he said "many" of them, what number does that apply to? I sure as hell counted "MANY" bands that were metal in that list, actually for the most part they were , just a FEW of them could be omitted. Guns n roses had a big rock n' roll/ blues feel but had their share of metal, poison and telsa could be omitted but I guess that makes me fuckIN' STOOPID for not backtracking on that or really giving a flying fuck.

[quote name='evanft'] Contributing to metal=/=Being metal[/quote]

No Rush definitely WERE metal my beliggerent little stooge, Rush were dealing out mosh pits and heavy riffs before dragonforce was a lingering thought, even before slayer, they had a hell of alot to do with the shaping of metal today, but saying they aren't metal by todays standards is just stupid when placing it in either of our opinions if you actually thought about it. But please, Go ahead, enlighten me some more on your keen opinion that everybody should share on genres, and why I should give a shit about it.

Dragonforce is a bunch of nerds singing about fire-breathing dragons, and they have an asian guitarist, what the hell

The two albums I have of them are still pretty good though haha (Sonic Firestorm and Valley of the Damned)

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Dragonforce is a bunch of nerds singing about fire-breating dragons, and they have an asian guitarist, what the hell

The two albums I have of them are still pretty good though haha (Sonic Firestorm and Valley of the Damned)[/quote]Probably the best post in this thread.

[quote name='Metal Boss']If you want to get picky you could say none of them apply since he asked for "NEW METAL". You're a pompous idiot. I had said they were just about all metal, if not in the realm, plus he said "many" of them, what number does that apply to? I sure as hell counted "MANY" bands that were metal in that list, actually for the most part they were , just a FEW of them could be omitted. Guns n roses had a big rock n' roll/ blues feel but had their share of metal, poison and telsa could be omitted but I guess that makes me fuckIN' STOOPID for not backtracking on that or really giving a flying fuck. [/QUOTE]

Well, this post rules. That list had 15 bands on it, 9 of which were not metal.

[quote name='Metal Boss']No Rush definitely WERE metal my beliggerent little stooge, Rush were dealing out mosh pits and heavy riffs before dragonforce was a lingering thought, even before slayer, they had a hell of alot to do with the shaping of metal today, but saying they aren't metal by todays standards is just stupid when placing it in either of our opinions if you actually thought about it. But please, Go ahead, enlighten me some more on your keen opinion that everybody should share on genres, and why I should give a shit about it.[/QUOTE]

What cat shit in your mouth this morning? Rush just isn't metal. They're heavy progressive rock that has greatly influenced many progressive metal bands, like Dream Theater.

[quote name='evanft']...[/quote]
Be that as it may, you are stating opinion.

[quote name='evanft'] What cat shit in your mouth this morning? [/quote]

I could have asked the same in response to your first post...

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Dragonforce is a bunch of nerds singing about fire-breathing dragons, and they have an asian guitarist, what the hell
[/QUOTE]

whats the problem here?

[quote name='evanft'] Rush just isn't metal. They're heavy progressive rock that has greatly influenced many progressive metal bands, like Dream Theater.[/QUOTE]

70's era Rush is the heaviest period of their music careers. The heaviest Rush album is 'Caress of Steel'. Also '2112' is a pretty heavy record too!

If your wanting to check out some black metal, you can't go wrong with Emperor. Immortal is another good one. One group that personaly to me are vastly over rated is Dark Funeral. I've heard bits and pieces of their Secrets of the Black Arts and it was pretty good, and I have Vobiscum Satanas lying around somewhere which I liked because it was somewhat melodic. Those are really the only two by them that I can recommend

Edguy
Dream Evil
Blind Guardian
Lordi (Pretty good GWAR type group. Google them)
Leatherwolf
Wednesday 13
Gamma Ray
Metal Church

You can EBAY most of these groups for $8 or less.

And if you want to go with the classics you can't go wrong with:
Dio
Iron Maiden
Ozzy

CAGs, I'm still looking for some more metal for my ipod. Nothing extremely heavy, just stuff comparable to Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Shadows Fall, All that Remains, etc.

Thanks!

[quote name='shieryda']CAGs, I'm still looking for some more metal for my ipod. Nothing extremely heavy, just stuff comparable to Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Shadows Fall, All that Remains, etc.

Thanks![/quote]

Check out Darkest Hour, the single best metalcore band. You might like Converge too. Might like sludge bands too, heavy without being abrasive:

Isis
Neurosis
Cult of Luna
Torche
Floor
Rwake
Soilent Green
Wormwood

Some stuff I've been listening to lately:

At the Gates
Gojira
Darkane
Soilwork
In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
The Haunted
Children of Bodom
Machine Head (New(er) album is awesome)
Death

Dragonforce is the shit.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSNLfa1VPwo[/media]

Tell your friends that Herman Li is cool or I will shit on your head!

Haven't seen this thread in a while, but here's some new recommendations:

Melt-Banana
Dream Theater (check out Scenes from a Memory, in particular)
At the Gates
Napalm Death
Deadlock
Carcass
Death

Based on what you've posted, I'm not sure you'd like most of those, but check 'em out anyway. :D

[quote name='Genocidal']Not new, but you really can't go wrong with Megadeth. If I had to pick just one CD, I'd recommend Countdown to Extinction.[/quote]

One of my favorite cds of all-time.:D

Quite a few of you have mentioned At the Gates. I'll be looking into them this weekend.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

I'm getting "Lamb of God: Killadelphia" from Netflix this weekend.:bouncy: Never seen these guys live, so I guess this is the next best thing.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Melt-Banana[/quote]

Wtf? Nowhere near metal, like, ever. I can be pretty lenient, but that's just absurd. The rest is quality though, bar Dream Theater.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wtf? Nowhere near metal, like, ever. I can be pretty lenient, but that's just absurd. The rest is quality though, bar Dream Theater.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get into it, but what's the problem with Dream Theater? Don't like prog?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I don't want to get into it, but what's the problem with Dream Theater? Don't like prog?[/quote]

Nah, I like prog just fine, it's just Dream Theater have always bored me. All talent and no soul, kinda like Necrophagist.

[quote name='Genocidal']Not new, but you really can't go wrong with Megadeth. If I had to pick just one CD, I'd recommend Countdown to Extinction.[/quote]

I would prefer Rust in Peace or Peace Sells over that one. Just one man's opinion though.

[quote name='Xevious']I would prefer Rust in Peace or Peace Sells over that one. Just one man's opinion though.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Their 2 best.

Here are some bands that I would recommend based on what you're looking for and what I've seen mentioned already.

Disarmonia Mundi (if you like Soilwork you will like them)
Raunchy
Daysend (recommended to me a few days ago :) )
Fear My Thoughts
Lyzanxia
Mercenary
Byzantine
Diablo
Dagoba
Becoming The Archetype
The Tenth Circle
Caliban
Heaven Shall Burn

[quote name='JackSuper']BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - try "selkies"

at their myspace link above[/quote]
They play a mean Geek USA

Been listening to Butterfly Effect and Blind Ego lately, not too shabby.

I didnt read the whole thread so I apologize if these have been said already but...

The Acacia Strain
Through the Eyes of the Dead
The Faceless
The Red Chord
Aborted
Black Dahlia Murder
August Burns Red
Job for A Cowboy
Animosity
Caliban
Darkest Hour
Evergreen Terrace
Heaven Shall Burn

Those should do. Just go to mininova.org (or whatever it is) and browse the Metal and Hardcore categories. There was one called Metalcore that was like 5gb of good shit. If its still on there grab that. There will be alot of stuff you would like on there.

Check out The Red Chord, if you're into that death metalcore stuff. Cool guys and some good musicianship, they dedicated a song to me because I had an old school Death shirt on.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Check out The Red Chord, if you're into that death metalcore stuff. Cool guys and some good musicianship, they dedicated a song to me because I had an old school Death shirt on.[/quote]

Another band that has been mentioned frequently in this thread. Got a couple tracks by them, but haven't had a chance to listen to them.

I would prefer Rust in Peace or Peace Sells over that one. Just one man's opinion though.

Rust in Peace > Peace Sells

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Job For A Cowboy should never be in a list that contains Rwake and Paradise Lost.[/QUOTE]

Why? I just happen to not be a single-minded music elitest.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Annunaki

I'm listening right now. My sister is good friends with the bass player. :lol:[/quote]

Not bad, not bad at all. Reminds me of a slower Sothis.

bread's done
Back