New metal?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']There are a lot better Akercoke songs than Leviathan.

Also, I just added 842 grindcore songs to my playlist. Win.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Also, [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizr_ub0Xjg[/MEDIA]

Thread over.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']There are a lot better Akercoke songs than Leviathan.

Also, I just added 842 grindcore songs to my playlist. Win.[/quote]

I know, oh lord do I know, but that's the song that got me liking them.

The Berzerker. Not sure if they're grindcore or what, but I like it. Have a heavy drum machine and badass guitar/bass. I recommend you start with World Of Lies, then go to Animosity, and then have your mind blown by Dissimulate and the self-titled.

The Haunted. Trash metal. The Haunted Made Me Do It is my favorite album. rEVOLVEr is good too.

Vader. 'Nuff said.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']The Berzerker. Not sure if they're grindcore or what, but I like it. Have a heavy drum machine and badass guitar/bass. I recommend you start with World Of Lies, then go to Animosity, and then have your mind blown by Dissimulate and the self-titled.[/quote]

Berzerker is good for about 10 minutes. Then everything sounds alike and it gets boring as hell.

[quote name='Pookymeister']new soilwork just came out - gonna check it out once my emusic.com downloads reload.[/QUOTE]

Roffle.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']The Haunted. Trash metal. [/QUOTE]

On everything after Made Me Do It, yes.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Vader. 'Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Double roffle.

It's time to get some doom metal in this motherfucker...
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fu01Ir-rfUo[/MEDIA]

You owe it to yourself to check out some Brujeria or Malevolent Creation.

Oh shit I forgot, check out Denial Fiend and The Ravenous. Both are pretty much old school Death Metal super groups.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Because your contribution of shitty generic metalcore is so much better? You shall not be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkyBaEaFj0[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I saw Municipal Waste and Toxic Holocaust acouple of weeks ago, best thrash show ever! Boogey boards and beer, required at any thrash show. Now for another classic metal video, please avert your eyes Z-Saber [MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hDpc-831GPs[/MEDIA]

R.I.P. Quorthon...

Picked up the new Soilwork this morning. Rocks pretty damn hard. Also picked up the new Iced Earth, along with Ihsahn's solo CD, The Adversary. I'm shocked as shit that was even there. Just casually browsing the racks and boom. Listened to the first 3 or 4 tracks. Really damn good. Its a tad different that Emporer, but still kicks ass. And for fucks sake, I forgot about Ihsahn's vocal range!

I've never been able to listen to heavy metal or rap with a straight face. Its like wrestling, EXTREMELY Homoerotic or ridiculously violent for no reason.

Does anyone else think that these people have the emotional capability of child?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I've never been able to listen to heavy metal or rap with a straight face. Its like wrestling, EXTREMELY Homoerotic or ridiculously violent for no reason.

Does anyone else think that these people have the emotional capability of child?[/QUOTE]

Homoerotic? Poison was only considered metal in the 80's. The large majority of metal has nothing to do with violence. I don't get what you're saying.

Go away, thanks.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I've never been able to listen to heavy metal or rap with a straight face. Its like wrestling, EXTREMELY Homoerotic or ridiculously violent for no reason.[/quote]

In all honesty, you haven't heard very much metal then. Only power metal is truely homoerotic (or hair "metal"), and not all metal is violent. Prog metal tends more towards pointless guitar wankery than violent lyrics.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']In all honesty, you haven't heard very much metal then. Only power metal is truely homoerotic (or hair "metal"), and not all metal is violent. Prog metal tends more towards pointless guitar wankery than violent lyrics.[/QUOTE]

dragonforce ftw!

oh, ive been listening to a lot of dark lunacy and wintersun lately.

metals.jpg

kvltsmall.jpg

trey.jpg
(Sailor Moon is metal!11, so thats where Morbid Angel's riffs come from)

I liked some songs off of Daath's latest release, I found it interesting that James Murphy produced that album.

[quote name='CrimGhost']I liked some songs off of Daath's latest release, I found it interesting that James Murphy produced that album.[/QUOTE]

Is that the dude that did the 28 Days Later soundtrack/score/whatever? Sounds familiar.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of John Murphy. I suck with names.

For fans of black.. Fallen Empire. So awesome. Local band, went and saw them last night with Daath.

I've recently discovered a few prog metal bands:

Kamelot
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Nightwish
Circus Maximus (remind me of Queensryche)

What do you guys feel about female lead vocalists for metal bands?

[quote name='shieryda']What do you guys feel about female lead vocalists for metal bands?[/quote]

Girls don't belong in metal. Either get in the kitchen or get in a crust band.

[quote name='shieryda']I've recently discovered a few prog metal bands:

Kamelot
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Nightwish
Circus Maximus (remind me of Queensryche)

What do you guys feel about female lead vocalists for metal bands?[/QUOTE]

If you like prog metal then check out Watchtower(one of the first prog metal bands, not prog rock but prog METAL!), Spastic Ink, Blind Illusion, Mekong Delta, and Spiral Architect.

As for female lead vocalists, all you need is Détente http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=114396848

[quote name='red flare graf']I'm not really into girl vocalists at all.. I do like Moonshine, though.[/quote]

Moonshine has a lot of sludge in it though, so it's got enough punk/crust influence for female vocalists to be ok. Plus, she's got a fantastic voice, both singing and growling.

I can not stand Daath and how the hell is Opeth New Metal. Chthonic, In this Moment, Kitie, Nile, Lamb of God are all good if no one has listed them left. I didn't read through all 13 pages but will later. Also I have not heard much from them but Vampire Moose is a local band check them out. Two other local bands that the River Front Times said were the best local Metal and Rock bands were Head on Collision and Riddle of Steel. I think Head on Collision is the Metal band however I have not checked them out yet. When I say local I'm talking about St. Louis MO.

bread's done
Back