New Monthly $5 Dollar Cert for Power Up Rewards Pro

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Please delete if this is irrelevant but I was at GameStop today picking up my Pokemon Switch Lite and learned a $15 Power Up membership now comes with a monthly 5 dollar cert that works on anything in the store. The cert expires monthly and while the manager in the store said it was live ( I got a 5 dollar cert for signing up immediately) I saw on the site it doesn't start until Jan 2020. $60 for $15 seems like a desent deal though with just a few limitations. Here's the details for those interested.

https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop; once one of them started to drop gaming benefit programs, the rest all followed suit.

I have to renew my Pro membership today.  Meant to do it yesterday, but I had too much to do before New Year's Eve and never got around to it.  

Either way, I'll let you guys know if they're still putting the $5 coupon on the receipt or not.

Can anyone confirm whether the $5 Pro Coupon works in the same transaction with redeemed Rewards Certificates?

My $5 coupon now appears in the app. Fine print says it expires 1/20/20 though...probably a typo?
Mine shows that date, but also has "offer expires 1/30/2020" right under the barcode. Hoping that later date is correct, but who knows for sure. I will most likely use mine sooner than later just to be safe.

I never signed up for the new program, I renewed my Pro membership back in July.  I thought I'd still get the 5 dollar reward certificate...It's not showing up in my app. Then again, if I look at the reward certificates I can buy with points, the only ones I can buy are the ones that expired yesterday!

Where are you seeing the 5 dollar coupon in the app?

I never signed up for the new program, I renewed my Pro membership back in July. I thought I'd still get the 5 dollar reward certificate...It's not showing up in my app. Then again, if I look at the reward certificates I can buy with points, the only ones I can buy are the ones that expired yesterday!

Where are you seeing the 5 dollar coupon in the app?
Under Active Offers.

I see my $5 cert under Active Offers. Says it expires 1/30/2020. Interestingly, it says "$5 off any GS item" and the fine print does not indicate that it won't work on pre-owned. Doesn't mean it WILL work, but the $5 coupon I got printed on my receipt last week explicitly excluded PO.

I have to renew my Pro membership today. Meant to do it yesterday, but I had too much to do before New Year's Eve and never got around to it.

Either way, I'll let you guys know if they're still putting the $5 coupon on the receipt or not.
I got the $5 code on my receipt when I renewed my Pro today. Mine is good until 1/31/20 and did not work on the purchase of an Xbox gift card. I saved it for another day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the $5 code on my receipt when I renewed my Pro today. Mine is good until 1/31/20 and did not work on the purchase of an Xbox gift card. I saved it for another day.
I didnt get a code in my active offers, but wtf? doesnt work on gaming gift cards, doesnt work on used games. starting to sound pretty worthless for everyone but the collectible crowd.

"* Rewards Certificates not eligible for use on pre-owned games and accessories until program launches in Spring 2020."

We're just a few hours into the year. Give it a little time, especially since this is Gamestop.

I didnt get a code in my active offers, but wtf? doesnt work on gaming gift cards, doesnt work on used games. starting to sound pretty worthless for everyone but the collectible crowd.
He's talking about the bonus for signing up, not the monthly cert. I don't think most people have even received a cert yet.

"* Rewards Certificates not eligible for use on pre-owned games and accessories until program launches in Spring 2020."

We're just a few hours into the year. Give it a little time, especially since this is Gamestop.
because this is gamestop, i dont expect them to be able to change anything that has already been programmed unless its to take something away.

He's talking about the bonus for signing up, not the monthly cert. I don't think most people have even received a cert yet.
it seemed pretty mixed between people getting it for signing up and those getting it in the active offers, so i didnt really understand that somehow the same offer would apply differently.

Ya, I don't have a cert in my active offers. I didn't renew early for the bonus, just was waiting until January for the January 5 dollar off coupon...

Shrug. Guess I wait longer lol

Got an email about my January $5 cert and it confirmed that the new program starts on 1/16. Hopefully that means the monthly cert will apply to more items then but it also means if you want to use the current 10% pre-owned discount do it soon.

I was hoping to be able to stack my birthday coupon, $5 coupon, and Pro discount, but it looks like both the discount and my birthday coupon expire right when the new program officially starts.

because this is gamestop, i dont expect them to be able to change anything that has already been programmed unless its to take something away.
It hasn't even started yet. You're basically saying you don't trust them to do anything at all..

Got an email about my January $5 cert and it confirmed that the new program starts on 1/16. Hopefully that means the monthly cert will apply to more items then but it also means if you want to use the current 10% pre-owned discount do it soon.
Huh. My $5 active offer appeared this morning.

*$5 Off Any One GameStop Item
01/01/2020​
01/31/2020​

Valid 1/1 - 1/20/20. GameStop loyalty card required. May be combined with loyalty and employee discounts and other GameStop promotions. Coupon is required at time of purchase. Limit one per customer. No dealers. No substitutions will be made. Prices subject to change. See sales associate for complete details. Selection may vary by store. Some exclusions may apply. While supplies last. GameStop coupon is required.

I see my $5 cert under Active Offers. Says it expires 1/30/2020. Interestingly, it says "$5 off any GS item" and the fine print does not indicate that it won't work on pre-owned. Doesn't mean it WILL work, but the $5 coupon I got printed on my receipt last week explicitly excluded PO.
Mine too. I was part of the trial program so I’ve been using them on $10 psn cards. Now that the program is fully launch can I still use them on those cards now that pre-owned isn’t an option?

Mine too. I was part of the trial program so I’ve been using them on $10 psn cards. Now that the program is fully launch can I still use them on those cards now that pre-owned isn’t an option?
The program isn't fully launched yet. When it is it will work on preowned products; not sure if it will work on digital credit.

Edit: there you go; previous poster confirmed it.

excuse me, where do you find your $5 cert for being a pro member? All this bragging without telling where it is has got me in a tizzy. It's not in active offers and poweruprewards pro page doesn't do anything for me.

Edit: NVM,someone said they saw it in active offers

I sincerely doubt anyone is actually bragging about this, Considering it's another signal of the beginning of the end for gamestop

When i try to buy the pro membership it says sorry youre already a powerup reward loyalty member. Is this for new members only?
I have the same issue. Cant renew online even though they've been emailing me to renew and sending a link that just goes to the normal powerup page.

I can confirm that you can buy things less than $5 with your certificate. I bought a keychain for $4.97 and it worked, didn’t have to pay anything.

I tried to use my $5 cert on Xbox currency today.  It didn't work.  Tried both a $10 digital print-on-receipt code and a physical $15 card: No luck.

I tried to use my $5 cert on Xbox currency today. It didn't work. Tried both a $10 digital print-on-receipt code and a physical $15 card: No luck.
Thats weird, used mine on a $25 dollar xbox gift card and worked no problem. Last month picked up a $15 gift card with it also.

As I was trading in excess Christmas gifts today (why return a $30 BOTW to Walmart when I can get $45 in credit?), I got a Pro account and the $5 coupon...

Even though clerks previously said it would work on anything, and the code on the receipt says it's good on anything OTHER than pre-owned stuff, it doesn't work on eShop cards -- nor Nintendo Online memberships, nor Nintendo Switch game download codes.

Weirdly, it will work on PSN cards -- but not on MS cards.  I didn't want either of those, but today's clerk said that was his experience.

The only "logic"  he could come up with is that the Nintendo cards have a dollar amount listed, and the PSN cards have "points"...

As I was trading in excess Christmas gifts today (why return a $30 BOTW to Walmart when I can get $45 in credit?), I got a Pro account and the $5 coupon...

Even though clerks previously said it would work on anything, and the code on the receipt says it's good on anything OTHER than pre-owned stuff, it doesn't work on eShop cards -- nor Nintendo Online memberships, nor Nintendo Switch game download codes.

Weirdly, it will work on PSN cards -- but not on MS cards. I didn't want either of those, but today's clerk said that was his experience.

The only "logic" he could come up with is that the Nintendo cards have a dollar amount listed, and the PSN cards have "points"...
This is such a GS thing to do....i sure do hope they aren’t competent enough to kill elite pro and replace with this nonsense:/

That's weird about the $5 monthly cert not working on eShop, because I bought a $50 eShop card (Link picture card) in store with $50 cert yesterday.

Mine expires in spring, and still no $5 cert, so I guess I'm part of the 1-16 crowd! Hoping the trade-in values don't change too much with the "pre-owned price adjustments".

The extra trade in credit isn't going anywhere, just the 10% off
They took away any incentive to buy pre-owned if they are only giving you $5 savings a month. If you don't have credit at Gamestop, you could just go to Walmart and get a new game for $49.99 instead.

I just used that to purchase eshop credit
Maybe something changed in the system since last night? We tried the $10, $35, and $50 certificates, as well as the Nintendo Online card and one of the Switch game download cards -- the discount didn't work on any of them.

Maybe something changed in the system since last night? We tried the $10, $35, and $50 certificates, as well as the Nintendo Online card and one of the Switch game download cards -- the discount didn't work on any of them.
Not sure last night I purchased a $5 and $10 in eshop credit then she looked up my account and said I got a coupon I can use on this, paid $10 in store credit and went home.

Not sure last night I purchased a $5 and $10 in eshop credit then she looked up my account and said I got a coupon I can use on this, paid $10 in store credit and went home.
I tried to use the $5 on Eshop credit today, but the system wouldn’t allow it. Had to buy PSN credit instead, which worked without issue.

How are you guys getting your cert? Is it being emailed to you or popping up in your account somewhere? I don't see anything.. 

How are you guys getting your cert? Is it being emailed to you or popping up in your account somewhere? I don't see anything..
I think it's only available right now to people who signed up after a certain date and everyone before that date will be rolled into the new program starting the 16th. I don't have anything in my active offers.

I think it's only available right now to people who signed up after a certain date and everyone before that date will be rolled into the new program starting the 16th. I don't have anything in my active offers.
Same for me. I haven't received my $5 cert., hopefully the PSN credit will still work after the 16th.

bread's done
Back