New Monthly $5 Dollar Cert for Power Up Rewards Pro

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Please delete if this is irrelevant but I was at GameStop today picking up my Pokemon Switch Lite and learned a $15 Power Up membership now comes with a monthly 5 dollar cert that works on anything in the store. The cert expires monthly and while the manager in the store said it was live ( I got a 5 dollar cert for signing up immediately) I saw on the site it doesn't start until Jan 2020. $60 for $15 seems like a desent deal though with just a few limitations. Here's the details for those interested.

https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

PowerUp always gives me so many problems....

We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward.

Points Available: 53,783 GameStop.com 

Reward Certificate

$50 Off One In-Stock Item GameStop.com Reward Certificate

$50 Off One Single In-Stock Item

I just joined last month for the first time, and tried to use my $5 coupon online, which gave me an error no matter what I tried to apply it to. I then tried using it in store, and got the same issue. They eventually just gave me $5 off, but not using the official coupon. The employees told me there was some glitch when you subscribe online, and to always do it in store. But who knows if that's just because they wanted commission.

They also told me I couldn't just buy $5 in Xbox/Switch/PSN credit, because that was a custom amount, and I had to do a minimum of $10, that they could then scan off a sheet stuck to the top of the desk, yet a friend told me he's had no problems with $5 eShop credit at the same store, so maybe I just went on a bad day.

I walked into the store today, and I said that the only thing that I was going to do was to use my $5 coupon on a $5 Xbox code. I did not need to or want to buy anything else or to renew my Pro membership that needs to be renewed on 1/1/2021.

The girl at the counter was so frightened that she didn't even circle the code on my receipt like she usually does. :shock:
Yesterday the lady checking everyone out gave them all the Pro renewal speech. When it was my turn, I got "How in the world are you still an elite pro member?!"

Yesterday the lady checking everyone out gave them all the Pro renewal speech. When it was my turn, I got "How in the world are you still an elite pro member?!"
Gotta con unsuspecting customers into those unnecessarily premature renewals before the fiscal year ends! :roll:

Key blade, OK BOOMER!
Yeah, because ONLY an old fart cares about using proper English, right?

I would call you on that too and I'm a 49 year old Punker!

There is location, their denotes possession and they're is a contraction which means they are...

Has anyone tried double-dipping with this cert in the same household? Like having two accounts between spouses? Just occurred to me the other day that since they're offering the $15 signing bonus that the wife could sign up for free and we'd have $10 to use on Xbox credit each month, unless they go by household.

Has anyone tried double-dipping with this cert in the same household? Like having two accounts between spouses? Just occurred to me the other day that since they're offering the $15 signing bonus that the wife could sign up for free and we'd have $10 to use on Xbox credit each month, unless they go by household.
It's 10k points for singing up, you dont get the first $5 coupon until the following month now.

Yes, you could get 2 $5 xbox credits, but they'd have to be rung up seperately, cant stack in same transaction.

It's 10k points for singing up, you dont get the first $5 coupon until the following month now.

Yes, you could get 2 $5 xbox credits, but they'd have to be rung up seperately, cant stack in same transaction.
Right which is fine, as long as we both get the $5 I see no downsides here. Thanks!

Hmm, i sign on the the 29th and i am suppose to get 7500 point for ti but it is not in my account yet
Must of gotten lucky but I got it the next day after renewing a few days ago. It could take up to a few days or week though.

Edit: I did my renewal in-store and from looking at my account activity history it showed that I was credited the 10,000 point on the same day as my renewal.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, in store the upgrade/renewal goes into effect immediately as well, and the promos kick in faster.  always better to signup in store if possible.

In the past I don’t think it was “officially” for use online. Now there’s a redemption right at the online checkout for it. I bet you can’t double dip anymore either.

bread's done
Back