NEW PS4 Playstation Hits arriving October 4th, particularly God of War ($19.99 msrp)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New additions coming October 4th, 2019 >>>

playstationhitsplaystation4.jpg

Previous collection includes :

playstation-hits-banner.jpg

29015765868_baf689df28_b_thumb.jpg

New batch will have the cover label added and a red translucent case. The original release versions should also get a price drop for all the purists out there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So if Sony wants to lose money, they will release the hideous red cases.
They clearly don't lose money on what has been a very successful product line through every generation of PlayStation. Buy what you like for your own collection though.

Personally, this edition doesn't look too bad. I liked the green PSOne line, absolutely hated the label design for the PS2 ones.

Due to the info provided here to check in store(don't remember who), I found a lone copy of Yakuza Kiwami at Best Buy for $10. This is my first entry into the Yakuza series.

my only complaint is i feel like greatest hits should be 10 dollars, unless they've included all the DLC with it. at which point 20 dollars is reasonable.

yeah the casing is ugly, but i get it, they need something to distinguish it.

still, it at least finalizes the price cut down to 20 dollars and lower. so thats good....now if only nintendo followed suit by reasonably cutting the prices of all their first party games.

I just got a PS4 Pro over e3 week so cool for me. I was late to the PS2 party also and by that time the PS2 greatest hits library was huge. Target used to run 3 for $30 deals every couple months. I still have a backlog from that. Hopefully Horizon is in the next round. 

I appreciate GH titles for one simple fact: they come with bug fixes and occasionally extra content. That being said, screw SFV being on this list when arcade version is available, no point in that. If I remember correctly they did the same thing with SFIV.

The only question I have, will they be reprints of the original discs, or will they be updated/patched versions?

Some games, such as Blood Borne, had fun little exploits and glitches you could do prior to patching. Things such as geometry and asset skipping, and etc, which allowed you to get further in the game then you should be able to.

That being said, screw SFV being on this list when arcade version is available, no point in that. If I remember correctly they did the same thing with SFIV.
Vanilla SFV is compatible with all updates that have been released so far. SFIV was obsolete when Super came out because it was a completely new game.

That being said, screw SFV being on this list when arcade version is available, no point in that.
It makes sense for the pricepoint. Arcade is too new for Capcom to go for $20. Plus, they're probably still looking for any possible way to get new buyers after irrevocably fucking up the launch.

The greatest hits cases are universally hated on. Rightfully so. Those things are pretty ugly. Haven't kept up with blue labels for current gen but i do recall sealed PS3 black labels worth a pretty penny in the past.

I just got a PS4 Pro over e3 week so cool for me. I was late to the PS2 party also and by that time the PS2 greatest hits library was huge. Target used to run 3 for $30 deals every couple months. I still have a backlog from that. Hopefully Horizon is in the next round.
Horizon has been 10$ base game and 20 complete at Best Buy all week

It's always fun driving around and spotting an old CC that is now some mom and pop shop. One was turned into a premium liquor store where I used to live. Massive upgrade I'd say.
My old Circuit City turned into a Best Buy.

Typically i avoid the GH versions of games unless it's also the only way to get a complete version. I think with PS3, Red Dead Redemption GoTY edition was only a Greatest Hits. So, yeah, that's the one I bought.
Btw 1st print run of RDR GotY edition with the shiny/metallic cover was in a clear case, the GH version came in a red case with the regular colored non-shiny metallic cover, found a lone copy of a 1st print run one a few years ago at Walmart lol, had never own the undead dlc before just the base game in a GH box so traded in the base game

You got me excited and it's on clearance for $1 off lmao.
Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook has the best cover art you will ever see on a Steelbook. It is worth it! I wished every single game had that much detail. Definitely one of the best things in my collection.

Thanx for the heads up. I'll go to BB on Thursday and pick it up. Do you know if they will price match the $20 if it's the original label?

Hey, it's totally possible these new red cases have a different design than the garbage blue ones that have 99% chance of the disc popping out. ;)

Hey, it's totally possible these new red cases have a different design than the garbage blue ones that have 99% chance of the disc popping out. ;)
Ha like I said I'm new to the PS4 these last couple weeks and I'm 3 for 4 on loose discs so far

Why would anyone wait for such horrid ruined art covers?.......ugh.....not worth any discounted price.

Why would anyone wait for such horrid ruined art covers?.......ugh.....not worth any discounted price.
That is why you secure your copy now and then price match when the price officially drops this coming week. :D

And if it's anything like last gen, then the GH titles should carry the same UPC and catalogue numbers.

That is why you secure your copy now and then price match when the price officially drops this coming week. :D

And if it's anything like last gen, then the GH titles should carry the same UPC and catalogue numbers.
Is that always the case? I know at least some of Nintendo's player's choice line for Wii u used different ISBNs compared to their regular line.

Is that always the case? I know at least some of Nintendo's player's choice line for Wii u used different ISBNs compared to their regular line.
Now is the perfect time to walk around in stores taking photos of the UPC codes on the backs of PS4 cases while explaining what you're doing to junior detective store employees who will assume you're the head of some huge shoplifting ring. If the police don't seize your phone as evidence of a crime you haven't actually committed, you can compare UPC numbers after the Greatest Hits versions are released. :)

Now is the perfect time to walk around in stores taking photos of the UPC codes on the backs of PS4 cases while explaining what you're doing to junior detective store employees who will assume you're the head of some huge shoplifting ring. If the police don't seize your phone as evidence of a crime you haven't actually committed, you can compare UPC numbers after the Greatest Hits versions are released. :)
Lol - I don't care about the red cases or other packaging. given the lion's share of games now don't have manuals it doesn't matter to me.

Most of the time it is the case. Of course there are exceptions as you noted with Nintendo. But in my past experiences with PS2; PS3; and Xbox 360, their Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits always carried the same UPC / catalogue numbers when the content was identical to the normal release. Now, if the content is different -- as was the case with Silent Hill 2 GH which featured additional content not found in the normal release -- then it will obviously have a different ISBN / UPC / catalogue number.

Of course things can change this current gen (I doubt it); but just in case it doesn't, it doesn't hurt to secure the "blue label" versions of the games you want. The worst that can happen is that you have to do a return if the UPC changes. :p

Of course things can change this current gen (I doubt it); but just in case it doesn't, it doesn't hurt to secure the "blue label" versions of the games you want. The worst that can happen is that you have to do a return if the UPC changes. :p
Why would you need to secure anything? Do you think the millions of copies already in circulation are going to disappear soon?

Why would you need to secure anything? Do you think the millions of copies already in circulation are going to disappear soon?
No, they won't all disappear but once GH or PH titles are introduced, the chances of finding the blue label gets reduced. Product distribution is not equal in all areas, so some retailers might receive normal editions only, GH / PH editions only, or a mixture of both during re-shipments.

I'm surprised Yakuza Kuwami is part of the firstbatch. Game isnt even that old. That being said majority of these can be had for $20 or less alrwady. Great deal on Yakuza 0 though.

The transparent red case for these games actually looks pretty dope.  Also, a few of these re-releases preserved the double-sided cover artworks to shield you from the horrendous front red banner (i.e. The Last of Us and Second Son).

it wouldnt look so bad if they just replaced the blue with red, but they didnt replace it all, just the box, and a shitty label added to the cover

and even if it was all red and looked fine, it would still be a little annoying having 90% of your ps4 cases be blue and then you have like 3 red ones mixed in.

I really can't believe people are upset about something so trivial..
Who gives a damn about the case? You buy the game to play the game, not to stare at a damn case.
100% agree. The disc is all that matters - and now that manuals are essentially a thing of the past for 99% of releases - literally all that matters is the game disc. In past generations, I only cared about getting non-GH/platinum/player's choice games because on a few occasions, the publisher opted to drop the inserts with the reprints.

I miss the manuals. Anyways, couldn't care less about the color of the case, or even the case artwork.

I love how people assume that how they feel about things is the right way, and the only way, and everyone who feels differently is some sort of weirdo or something.

News flash: People have different opinions on things.  Some people like to have uniform colored cases.  Get over it.

Who gives a damn about the case? You buy the game to play the game, not to stare at a damn case.
A lot of people do buy games just to stare at the cases. People with big "backlogs" don't actually care about playing their games. They just want to collect.

bread's done
Back