NEW PS4 Playstation Hits arriving October 4th, particularly God of War ($19.99 msrp)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New additions coming October 4th, 2019 >>>

playstationhitsplaystation4.jpg

Previous collection includes :

playstation-hits-banner.jpg

29015765868_baf689df28_b_thumb.jpg

New batch will have the cover label added and a red translucent case. The original release versions should also get a price drop for all the purists out there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any retailer actually have Yakuza 0 as greatest hits yet? Bestbuy only has it available online. I checked online at Walmart, Target and Fry's, none seem to carry it in store.

GameStop has mostly gut copies of the new ones. Lastly, Amazon doesn't have it at the GHs price, and curri only available from 3rd party sellers.

Sorry to hear that, man. I buy games only at heavy discounts and certainly never spend if I ever thought I couldn't afford to.
I used to make more money than I do now, so I have a lot of games already - mostly sixth generation stuff. I was definitely more of a collector than I was a gamer back then. And I own a fair number of modern PS4 and Xbox One games. But now that times are lean, I have more time to play but less money to buy new games. So I mostly use Bing Rewards, PlayStation Rewards, clearance sales, Humble Bundle, and the odd Google Play Games deals to get new games although they're typically not the AAA releases that everyone else is hyped about. And I'm actually playing my older games more now because they're new to me. Point is, I probably won't fuss over first run copies versus Greatest Hits copies as much as I used to when I was flushed with cash since I'm buying fewer games with the purpose of setting them on a shelf. But I understand why people dislike them if they're going for a set of first run games.

New additions to the Playstation Hits lineup exactly a year later ...

• Friday the 13th : The Video Game
  • Resident Evil VII Biohazard
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
  • Nioh
  • God of War III Remastered
  • Persona 5
  • LEGO Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Mad Max

(plus these other titles assimilated a few months back if you missed it)

Battlefield Hardline

Battlefield 4

Dragon Age Inquisition

Dying LIght : The Following

Dynasty Warriors 8 Extreme Legends Complete

Earth Defense Force 4.1

Batman Arkham Knight

Injustice Gods Among Us

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2

UFC 2

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection

Until Dawn

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor

Need for Speed

Mortal Kombat X

What is the point of these? All of them have been cheaper at some point, many much cheaper. And they are just standard games? The Bloodborne complete edition was like $12 last fall.

I hope other retailers will start to markdown the gold editon of RE7 soon, as well  (GS took the initiative, but pre-owned price still unaffected for now)

Circuit City where you at? They use to put Playstation hits games on sale for $9.99 all the time.

CircuitCity-2007-9.png

Circuit City where you at? They use to put Playstation hits games on sale for $9.99 all the time.

CircuitCity-2007-9.png
I have a sealed copy of From Russia With Love for the PS2 that I bought from circuit city and never got around to playing, and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it was from this ad.

I just bought Nioh only to discover I already had a sealed copy. Thanks Cheapassgamer for compelling me to buy so many games I have no clue what I already own!

The picture in the OP shows the new European additions. The US is actually getting new 8 Playstation Hits titles:

48040019293_96a0706ce6_o.jpg

The picture in the OP shows the new European additions. The US is actually getting new 8 Playstation Hits titles:

48040019293_96a0706ce6_o.jpg
Thanks. The story I found mentioned Lego Batman 3, Mad Max and SW Battlefront in past tense. Just thinking "when did they become hits?" as I don't remember seeing red cased versions of them. Also have never see red cased versions of Lego Marvel Super Heroes or Lego Jurassic World out in the wild either.

What is the point of these? All of them have been cheaper at some point, many much cheaper. And they are just standard games? The Bloodborne complete edition was like $12 last fall.
The possibility of these titles being added to next year's Sony PS4 "Days of Play" sale promo is surely worth some excitement, right?

Some people really love those God awful red covers...gross.

PS: it's not like those games haven't been sub $19.00 bucks in the past months anyways....and with the better original cover.

Some people really love those God awful red covers...gross.

PS: it's not like those games haven't been sub $19.00 bucks in the past months anyways....and with the better original cover.
Red color cases don't bother me. What does is not matching the blue case or clear case (ps3). Maybe they should just make all red color (original, first print, etc) if they love that much. Then when the Greatest hits come out, it'll all be the same. :roll:

I believe the logic that goes into it is that the "Greatest Hits" title and the color both serve as a badge of honor, and to grab your attention on the shelf. Anyone who cares about the color of the case are a small minority and, if it mattered so much, could have gotten the game at any point before.

I believe the logic that goes into it is that the "Greatest Hits" title and the color both serve as a badge of honor, and to grab your attention on the shelf. Anyone who cares about the color of the case are a small minority and, if it mattered so much, could have gotten the game at any point before.
Like you said before, there are plenty of first-run copies out there that are still brand new or used copies with the original blue cases. Why a collector would complain about these games becoming Greatest Hits titles is beyond me, and this is coming from someone who used to be a collector himself. Anyone who is buying these games at this point are probably patient gamers who just wanted to wait in order to save a bit of money. That's who these games are aimed at by now. If others don't want to buy a red case copy of the game, they don't have to do so.

Man I REALLY just want those red cases to swap out a few titles...

Kind of getting bored of the blue cases. Spider-Man would look better with a red case!

7 new addition to the Playstation Hits lineup announced :

God of War

Rayman Legends

Gran Turismo Sport

Far Cry 4

Watch Dogs

Uncharted Lost Legacy

The Crew

I love how some adds promote the games with TLOU right on top of the pile despite it coming out free next month for PS+. Bad timing much?

I love how some adds promote the games with TLOU right on top of the pile despite it coming out free next month for PS+. Bad timing much?
some people don't have PS+

I for one may pick up GoW for collection purposes. I had already bought it around $40+ and traded it in for around $30+ after platinuming it back in the day

I’m surprised Skyrim and Witcher 3 haven’t become PS GH yet. Also, not as streamlined as PS4’s greatest hits, but Xbox finally has some of their own floating around now. I just picked up a Bioshock collection greatest hits for Xbox.

Hm, these have all been $20 forever anyway ... exciting news if you like red cases I guess.
There will be larger re-prints of these titles available in the future...allowing for sweet sales discount during the holidays (i.e. Black Friday) or during specialty promo days (i.e. Sony's State of Play or GameStop's Pro-Membership Days).

I like how Best Buy has updated God of War to have the Playstation Hits box art, but left the price at $28.
Tell me about it. I bought a copy at $28 yesterday and I'm going to make them give me the reduced price on Friday (it's being held for me until Friday). I always hated the Playstation Hits box. It sticks out from the collection.

that's why i only buy from gs, they dont pull bs like that
Many websites and retailers still have the old prices since the start date is officially Oct.4th . GameStop has experienced numerous errors in their printed ads and website mis-matched images throughout the years, so I would not be too harsh judging their competitors, though.

bread's done
Back