New Super Mario Bros. Wii $46.99 + $10 credit at Amazon

caltab

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Joph']hmm.. ordered the game and i got a $5 credit for on demand video.... weird?[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Did this happen to everybody else?

Apparently I got my $10 promo credit email yesterday. It is too bad I didn't see it and order something while the 'J' ECA codes were still working :cry:.

I still have a lot of preorders to come in from Amazon but after using this $10 credit I'm pretty much done with them.

Oh, and my game is still scheduled to arrive Thursday after shipping Saturday.

Mine came today after shipping on Monday. Also got my credit in my inbox...

The game rules. Plus Goozex is offering a 200 pt bonus on anyone that trades it in in the next 30 days, so for those of you that like to play through a game and flip it that could really work out.

[quote name='stuffedmonkey']Mine came today after shipping on Monday. Also got my credit in my inbox...

The game rules. Plus Goozex is offering a 200 pt bonus on anyone that trades it in in the next 30 days, so for those of you that like to play through a game and flip it that could really work out.[/QUOTE]

Totally not worth a Goozex trade in. This game will retain value for a long time.

[quote name='77Pat']The estimate for mine was tomorrow, but it arrived today. For those who have Prime and are from Washington D.C., I am surprised it left from Nevada. I am in NJ and mine shipped from Delaware.[/QUOTE]
they usually ship from deleware, no clue why its coming from Nevada this time. Pre-ordered on Oct. 1, although I don't think that should really matter. Oh well, can't beat $38 and not really in a rush to play, just impatient and want it in my hand.

[quote name='77Pat']The estimate for mine was tomorrow, but it arrived today. For those who have Prime and are from Washington D.C., I am surprised it left from Nevada. I am in NJ and mine shipped from Delaware.[/QUOTE]

I have Prime and am in Washington DC, and mine shipped from Delaware....

[quote name='maxim2boobles']No, thank you for a recycled game.[/QUOTE]

Wat da fak? That couldnt be farther from the truth. Well worth the full MSRP.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Wat da fak? That couldnt be farther from the truth. Well worth the full MSRP.[/QUOTE]

He thinks because it has the same name as the DS game, it's the same game. :roll:

I used my $10 credit from Assassin's creed 2 on this one so it's about $37 with the free slow boat shipping. I'm not sure if I'll get the $10 credit for NSMBW since the game is already out and I am no longer preordering but I'll certainly take it if they give it to me.

Preordered mine early last week, and it just shipped out today. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed, and I'll probably think twice about preordering through Amazon. As a matter of fact, it isn't the first time it's happened. I can't remember the game, but I remember canceling the order days after it should have shipped and placing a new order that went through the very same day. I guess I'm always just that hiccup in the system.

[quote name='DarkHornet86']Preordered mine early last week, and it just shipped out today. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed, and I'll probably think twice about preordering through Amazon. As a matter of fact, it isn't the first time it's happened. I can't remember the game, but I remember canceling the order days after it should have shipped and placing a new order that went through the very same day. I guess I'm always just that hiccup in the system.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty strange. I preordered around the same time as you, and mine came in Tuesday.

If I were you I would express your concerns in a polite letter to Amazon. I know that if I were a company I would want to know if something like this happened regularly to one of my customers.

Got mine a little while ago and I do have to say that this is one of the Best looking cases I have come across. Can't wait to play it even though I'm contemplating returning it and rebuying using credit.

To share my story, I preordered either Saturday night, then got notification that it shipped Sunday ~4 PM (?). Estimate was today, but it didn't come in. Tracking provides no info :( Oh well, not like I will have the time to play it, so it's OK. Can't really complain, since their FSSS has always been faster than expected.

I was thinking about going for this, but now Toys-R-Us has a deal where you get $20 off any Wii/PS3/360 game $39.99+ when you buy NSMB... hmm. I think with tax it may be about even.

(edit) Now that I think about it, this is the same thing as the Buy 1 Get 1 $20 off in their Sunday ad. I wonder why they sent me an e-mail that was specific to NSMB then? Oh well...

[quote name='DarkHornet86']Preordered mine early last week, and it just shipped out today. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed, and I'll probably think twice about preordering through Amazon. As a matter of fact, it isn't the first time it's happened. I can't remember the game, but I remember canceling the order days after it should have shipped and placing a new order that went through the very same day. I guess I'm always just that hiccup in the system.[/QUOTE]

I think their free shipping is 5-9 business days. If you paid for shipping, i understand your pain.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Got mine a little while ago and I do have to say that this is one of the Best looking cases I have come across. Can't wait to play it even though I'm contemplating returning it and rebuying using credit.[/QUOTE]

I could do away with the spanish portion of the case/manual. (its been a long while since i bought/played a wii game)

I played with my gf, but she kept getting in my way, so I picked her up and threw her at a some bad guys...boy was she pissed!

[quote name='asthmatic']I think their free shipping is 5-9 business days. If you paid for shipping, i understand your pain.[/QUOTE]

Shipping time isn't the factor... the problem is that it didn't even ship out until yesterday, making the shipping time that much longer, regardless of what method you choose.

Still, I'm not like, super pissed off or anything. This isn't something I just *have* to have right now, or anything, but if it had been time-sensitive material (say, for a birthday or Christmas present), it would be a different story.

[quote name='DarkHornet86']Shipping time isn't the factor... the problem is that it didn't even ship out until yesterday, making the shipping time that much longer, regardless of what method you choose.
[/QUOTE]

No no, the 5-9 days includes the "handling" time for Amazon FSSS. It's their way of encouraging you to upgrade to prime or pay for regular shipping.

I think Amazon treats FSSS the same way the USPS treats media mail. If there's nothing else to do, they will process it. But if there's Prime (or Priority), then the workers are told t process those first. Which is why some people get FSSS on certain items really fast and some take 9 days.

[quote name='confoosious']No no, the 5-9 days includes the "handling" time for Amazon FSSS. It's their way of encouraging you to upgrade to prime or pay for regular shipping.

I think Amazon treats FSSS the same way the USPS treats media mail. If there's nothing else to do, they will process it. But if there's Prime (or Priority), then the workers are told t process those first. Which is why some people get FSSS on certain items really fast and some take 9 days.[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon is actually sending out games faster with FSSS. I got the last few games that way in 3 business day after release. They seem to ship out a day before release unlike before where they wouldn't be sent out until a day after. I use to get games that were release on Tuesday the following Tuesday. I now get them on Thursday so it is pretty fast for me and not much advantage having Prime. I live in Atlanta if that matters.

[quote name='3rdbass']I think Amazon is actually sending out games faster with FSSS. I got the last few games that way in 3 business day after release. They seem to ship out a day before release unlike before where they wouldn't be sent out until a day after. I use to get games that were release on Tuesday the following Tuesday. I now get them on Thursday so it is pretty fast for me and not much advantage having Prime. I live in Atlanta if that matters.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, FSSS is usually hit or miss. It depends on your proximity to distribution centers and whether you order gets processed. Some items take 7 days, some are there the next day.

That's why I sprung for prime. I liked the certainty. :)

In other news: there hasn't been an Amazon Lightning Deal on VGs in a few days. I'm starting to get the shakes.

[quote name='confoosious']Like I said, FSSS is usually hit or miss. It depends on your proximity to distribution centers and whether you order gets processed. Some items take 7 days, some are there the next day.

That's why I sprung for prime. I liked the certainty. :)

In other news: there hasn't been an Amazon Lightning Deal on VGs in a few days. I'm starting to get the shakes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very hit or miss, but stilll a great service. I ordered this last night as a gift for next week and it already shipped. Amazon > *

[quote name='3rdbass']I think Amazon is actually sending out games faster with FSSS. I got the last few games that way in 3 business day after release. They seem to ship out a day before release unlike before where they wouldn't be sent out until a day after. I use to get games that were release on Tuesday the following Tuesday. I now get them on Thursday so it is pretty fast for me and not much advantage having Prime. I live in Atlanta if that matters.[/QUOTE]

Just don't get too used to it. I used to experience the same thing with my FSSS orders, as in everything I ordered got to me within 2-3 days max after release date...but all through October and November has been a different story. Got 6 games so far, and the soonest I received any of the games was 8-days after it came out. Still not terrible for free, but still slow. According to Amazon, my NSMB order shipped out last Friday, but I still do not have it. I'll never pay for prime as long as Amazon has free shipping though, no matter how long it takes to ship.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Just don't get too used to it. I used to experience the same thing with my FSSS orders, as in everything I ordered got to me within 2-3 days max after release date...but all through October and November has been a different story. Got 6 games so far, and the soonest I received any of the games was 8-days after it came out. Still not terrible for free, but still slow. According to Amazon, my NSMB order shipped out last Friday, but I still do not have it. I'll never pay for prime as long as Amazon has free shipping though, no matter how long it takes to ship.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I always choose FSSS and usually get them 3-4 days later. But I bought an older game and it shipped last Friday and I had NSMB preordered. Haven't received either one of them yet. Oh well.

bread's done
Back