New Terminator Salvation Trailer online!

Looks great. Can't wait to see it.

Is it me or does anyone else associate Bale with Batman? He almost uses the same voice as he did for Batman.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Looks great. Can't wait to see it.

Is it me or does anyone else associate Bale with Batman? He almost uses the same voice as he did for Batman.[/quote]

Now that TDK is out on video...yes it DOES sound like Batman. It could either because Bale did it this way OR the people who cut the trailer made it that way.

Damnit this better not suck. And I really hope they reconsider and make it R instead of PG-13. I really enjoy the first two Terminator movies but 3 and the tv series.... not so much.

Uh...HUH? This looks like garbage! Giant 50 foot robot at the end? I fucking knew McG would be terrible. He even borrowed Michael Bay's piss-colored filter.

And Bale is officially in self parody territory now. Is he going to do that oh-so-macho growl/whisper thing in every movie he's in from now on? I'm reminded of Ben Stiller's Tugg Speedman in the fake trailer for Scorcher VI!

It's nice to finally see a story based around the war-torn future that until now we've only seen in flashbacks and such.

I wonder how they're gonna set up the story for this: Is it gonna pick up where T3 left off (let's hope not), or is it gonna be treated as a prequel before the first Terminator was sent back to try to kill Sarah?

[quote name='Purple Flames']It's nice to finally see a story based around the war-torn future that until now we've only seen in flashbacks and such.

I wonder how they're gonna set up the story for this: Is it gonna pick up where T3 left off (let's hope not), or is it gonna be treated as a prequel before the first Terminator was sent back to try to kill Sarah?[/quote]
I Want to say sequel to T3 since they talk about how the timeline is out of whack thanks to all the Terminator visits fucking it up.

[quote name='Purple Flames']It's nice to finally see a story based around the war-torn future that until now we've only seen in flashbacks and such.

I wonder how they're gonna set up the story for this: Is it gonna pick up where T3 left off (let's hope not), or is it gonna be treated as a prequel before the first Terminator was sent back to try to kill Sarah?[/QUOTE]

It will be a sequal. In the trailer John told a machine that it came to kill his mother and killed his father before he was born and that they have been at war since before they were even crated.

[quote name='nevposey']Great vid, I was hoping that they'd show off the new Arnold they got.[/QUOTE]

They did. It was the machine that John was talking to about the past. Unless he was just talking about the machines and him and not that one. It could be both.

I can see this being good but the big robot I wish was not in it. In Camerons Terminator movies they never speak of a machine like that that I know of. I will be checking this out opening night. It will be the first movie that i will get my ticket days in advance if I can. I see this being better then T3. I also think I know how this will all end.

The machines had the wrong John Connor or atleast now it is a different one. John ends up having a son and names him after himself. However now that I think about it the way the story is you would think he would name him after his father well his sons grandfather. Anywah that is the John Connor that wins the war. Atleast his kid or kids will play a large role in the later movies.

One other thing I dont like is they make it seem like it all happend to fast. For some of the stuff to be built as fast as it was. I'm wondering what year it is in the movie. In Terminator and T2 it was what 2029 or so. So when were the HKs built and when did skynet start building the 101-1000s.

Ya the movie looks good. I hope its as good as the hype. You might wanna label the thread Teminator Salavation Movie Thread or something like that. So you dont confuse people with the show thread.

Damn good trailer like you said but they're making major changes to the mythology. Hopefully it'll make sense. Skinjob terminator's? Looks like their writers love watching BSG. And Godzilla size ones too? hmmm.

There are no changes to the mythology.. From the looks of it, this is taking place far into the future..well after Connor sent Reese and Arnold back to the past.. It's just another part of the war.

[quote name='Capitalizt']There are no changes to the mythology.. From the looks of it, this is taking place far into the future..well after Connor sent Reese and Arnold back to the past.. It's just another part of the war.[/quote]

Actually there's the character of a young Kyle Reese in the movie.
So this will take place before he was sent back to the past.
From the looks of the trailer, this is the time when Skynet first started creating the cyborg under living tissue hybrids, ie. Arnold from the first Terminator movie.
Speaking of which i read that they will use CGI and a body double to put a fake Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie.
Haha :lol:, can't wait to see how that turns out.
I don't know if they will do the saga justice story wise, but the movie looks like its jam pack with incredible looking action.
So I'm definitely looking forward to it.

[quote name='Capitalizt']There are no changes to the mythology.. From the looks of it, this is taking place far into the future..well after Connor sent Reese and Arnold back to the past.. It's just another part of the war.[/quote]

Did you even watch the trailer? It says 2018, and Reese was sent back in 2020 something.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Did you even watch the trailer? It says 2018, and Reese was sent back in 2020 something.[/quote]
[quote name='imdb']In the year 2029, a computer called Skynet is fighting against a human resistance, after having nearly destroyed the rest of humanity in 1997. Skynet has found a way to send some of it's warriors, called Terminators, back in time. This is the story of the Terminator sent to kill the resistance leader's mother in 1984, before she gives birth. The resistance sends a warrior named Kyle Reese back to 1984 to protect the young woman. The question is, can Sarah Connor survive long enough to have her child so that history remains on tracK?[/QUOTE]

But the storyline is supposed to be irrevocably changed by the events in the first three movies. The prevented the nuclear war from happening in two, but they caused it in number three.

[quote name='Quillion']But the storyline is supposed to be irrevocably changed by the events in the first three movies. The prevented the nuclear war from happening in two, but they caused it in number three.[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when you fuck with time. :wall:

[quote name='Quillion']But the storyline is supposed to be irrevocably changed by the events in the first three movies. The prevented the nuclear war from happening in two, but they caused it in number three.[/quote]

They didn't cause it in three. People don't get these movies...

The whole point of three is you can't change what happens, you can only delay it, faith has lead us to the point. It's an easy way to stop the grandfather paradox.

[quote name='Capitalizt']There are no changes to the mythology.. From the looks of it, this is taking place far into the future..well after Connor sent Reese and Arnold back to the past.. It's just another part of the war.[/QUOTE]

Well there's a pretty big change in that Reese is now a skinny teenage Jewish nerd. Oh yeah yeah, its supposed to be "before he was hardened by the war". But...OH, COME ON, LOOK AT HIM!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Well there's a pretty big change in that Reese is now a skinny teenage Jewish nerd. Oh yeah yeah, its supposed to be "before he was hardened by the war". But...OH, COME ON, LOOK AT HIM![/quote]

LOL. Reese a skinny Teenage Jewish Nerd! :rofl:

[quote name='bigdaddy']They didn't cause it in three. People don't get these movies...

The whole point of three is you can't change what happens, you can only delay it, faith has lead us to the point. It's an easy way to stop the grandfather paradox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I get from the movies as well. They try to sell you the "no fate..." BS. But really, they keep drilling home the point you can't change the future. It happend, and will happen again.

It's in our nature to distroy ourselfs, we can't change what we are. We are programed just like the terminators are.

I think this newest trailer looks awesome. I can't wait to see what Marcus Wright turns out to be. He could a early prototype, that's program to think he's human or a human concunsnes put into a terminator. Or a human Terminator hybrid. Or even a Terminator for the FAR future that John doesn't even know exists.

There are a ton of ways this can go, and I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I still think Bale and his batman voice will kill this. He sounds to much like batman at times for me in the trailers.

As for the timeline issues you have 3 to thank for that. Now when John sends Kyle and Uncle Bob back to the past he will have to give them false information so they can give it back to him thanks to the ass holes that worked on T3. Uncle Bob never said it was the US government that caused it but it was Cyberdine that did it, thats why they blew it up in 2. What they should have done in 3 was still make it Cyberdine and just have said something about how they had some information on the chip and arm backed up some place else just incase something happend. Other then that I do not see an issue with the time line. We don't know much about the war or even how they made the skin for the foot soldiers. It is also clear that not all of them got skin so maybe it was hard to make like or used up to much of the resources like the t1000 did so they could not make a lot of it.

I like the fact that these endo's walking around are more gruffier and more war torn then the shiny T-800's. I am really starting to think Marcus is a prototype from the future that has malfunctioned.

As for Bale's batman voice... I think he's changed it because he doesn't sound like batman/bruce wayne. I did notice the footage of the nuke from T3 and new nuke footage. Wow this is gonna be great.

I don't here the Batman voice, just Bale's normal voice.

If Wright is from the future then I wonder if he's sent back to fix this alternate future back to the original future. Maybe they realize this newer future is actually worse down the road.

Well Marcus is a
T-700
. As for the voice I have noticed it some in the two trailers but it was much more noticable in the teaser.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Christian Bale is an asshole.[/quote]
Because everyone tells you or makes you assume he is?

The trailer was...ALOT better than I expected. No where would I assume "From the director of Charlie's Angels!"

[quote name='keithp']The trailer was good up until that big giant robot at the end..LOL...I just busted out laughing when I saw that.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, when I saw the trailer at the theater I was like WTF.

The movie looks cool (wish it was still rated R), but that robot looked goofy as hell.

[quote name='keithp']The trailer was good up until that big giant robot at the end..LOL...I just busted out laughing when I saw that.[/quote]

That robot in the end was some sort of human collector...if you watch the trailer shots carefully, then you make out a claw grabbing a human.

[quote name='keithp']The trailer was good up until that big giant robot at the end..LOL...I just busted out laughing when I saw that.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what's so funny about it...

[quote name='whoknows']I don't see what's so funny about it...[/QUOTE]

Because it's so ridiculous. So over the top, flat-out stupid ridiculous.

Hopefully it's just a dream-sequence in the movie.

bread's done
Back