New VUDU disc to digital phone app, just scan barcode, but..

pun123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
This is interesting and I know we have discussed this much before, but now starting today you can download the VUDU mobile app and just scan the bar code of a movie ONLY AT YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS and then pay $2 for SD, $5 for HD. Works for apple and android.

Questions-

Does it offer the 50% discount after 10 like original?

Any UHD conversions?

Can only be used at your physical address, but scanning bar codes from websites or cover sites work?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2017/03/23/walmart-app-vudu-scan-dvds-into-cloud/99505522/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.vudu.air.DownloaderTablet&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
You each get a code, but only one can be used per Vudu account. (you may be able to link multiple accounts

My wife and kids all have TMobile. Can I get credits from all of them?
You each get one. To get the most out of it, make however many vudu accounts as you have codes and then link them all together using uvvu.com

I have 6 vudu accounts so that every time these credits come out I get 18 movies converted using the mobile app and just pay $0.50 per account (It's $6 to convert 3 movies, but they give you $5.50 in credit).

This seems like the best place to ask: has anyone had UV movies disappear from their account?  I'm missing the entire LotR extended and theatrical editions from all my UV / VUDU / Flixter / etc.  I contacted Vudu this weekend, but haven't heard back yet.

This seems like the best place to ask: has anyone had UV movies disappear from their account? I'm missing the entire LotR extended and theatrical editions from all my UV / VUDU / Flixter / etc. I contacted Vudu this weekend, but haven't heard back yet.
If something vanished, I probably wouldn't even notice, having so many movies and shows in my account.

I did check, and my LotR Extended editions are still owned in Vudu.

This seems like the best place to ask: has anyone had UV movies disappear from their account? I'm missing the entire LotR extended and theatrical editions from all my UV / VUDU / Flixter / etc. I contacted Vudu this weekend, but haven't heard back yet.
Sorry for not seeing this sooner... Yes, mine are still their as are the regular additions but with over 400 movies I likely wouldn't notice if one was missing.

Have not had this happen. Been using VUDU for about 2+ years solid, both redeemed UV films and purchases in VUDU. I have seen that sometimes the categories get moved, like all the extras from "The Lego Movie" show up in TV rather than movies.

Also, Disney movies do not cross back to UV into other services.

I have the usual 2 issues everyone else has:

1. Movies that are supposed to be available to buy via the mobile scanning app are not. If you check VUDUs own forums, there is ALWAYS a lot of discussion around this.
  2. Disc to Digital via computer blu-ray disc drives has the same problem with the same movies.

I always login and register at Ultraviolet first, and then link to VUDU, even when Universal and WB encourage me to go their URLs first.

Whenever I lose stuff in Vudu, I've always been able to fix it by unlinking and relinking whatever source isn't showing up. Like, not too long ago my stuff I had redeemed in Flixster disappeared from Vudu, and redoing my link to my UV locker fixed it.

So I think it's only the regular versions that are missing. I got confused with the Hobbit movies. I have all the movies in binders so I have to go through the empty cases to look for the insert.

In his defense, I couldn't get disc to digital mobile working for the latest TMobile Vudu credit, whereas it had worked for the previous credit. I had to redeem via PC this time.

I got it to work this past time, also tomorrow's Tmobile Tuesdays thing is vudu credit, again
Same. Worked for me last time although each time I'm surprised that they're still letting it work. Especially since the T-Mobile offer is for a "movie rental".

I'm assuming he bought 3 movies each time he got a code. Each code is worth $5.50, leaving him to cover about $1 out of pocket after tax. Thus, 15 movies for $5
Is anyone paying tax on Vudu purchases? I've been buying stuff from there for years and never have been charged tax.

I’ve been using TMT credits and using PayPal funds and have not been charged tax. Maybe it depends on the state? Cali here. I’m able to get 2 movies free then pay only .50 cents for the 3rd HDX movie each time Tmo comes thru.

Also I think unless people don’t really know about the benefits of this app, I think it’s being kept secret since you could get HDX movies for $2 which is lower prices than most UV codes being sold in the forums lol. Just gotta find that upc and you’re set. 😉

Is anyone paying tax on Vudu purchases? I've been buying stuff from there for years and never have been charged tax.
I just converted two titles via disc to digital using and then using up T-Moble credit and had no issue with taxes... Used the near worthless mobile app . (I did end up using normal credit so maybe thats why it was tax free.)

I always pay any extra charges via credit card, and have never paid taxes, either buying though the website, through the PC D2D app or through the mobile app. I've made multiple purchases in the past 2 weeks and verified I'm not paying tax.

I assume that the state in which purchases are made is a factor. I'm in Illinois.

The mobile app doesn't list taxes but it does charge it. It's been pointed out/complained about in the forums a few times now and they just keep locking the thread and closing it. 

TMobile Tuesday is Vudu credit!
Also looks like Vudu nixed library sharing for any new accounts old accounts grandfathered in but cannot add new members. LAME!

Wow. That's scummy. I wonder if it's to get Lionsgate or Paramount on board with Movies Anywhere

Just got an email said next Conversion would be 10% off, so check your emails, YMMV
The email I received stated if you performed a conversion on 12/22 only, you would receive 10% off your next order. I assumed I would receive a coupon code for the 10% off sometime after the conversion.

The email I received stated if you performed a conversion on 12/22 only, you would receive 10% off your next order. I assumed I would receive a coupon code for the 10% off sometime after the conversion.
That's what mine says also... They are doing 5 Deals in 5 days with each deal being available for one day only.

Hopefully the below link will take everyone to the deals main page so you can see them all as they are released.

https://www.watchvudu.com/seasonofsavings/?CID=Email&SCID=pst&KWID=seasonofsavings_hl_12212017

Code was deactivated for a few hours, since the maximum number of redemptions (15000) had been reached, but it looks like they bowed to pressure and reactivated it.

Just used it to get the Star Wars six movie bundle for $63.99.

Code was deactivated for a few hours, since the maximum number of redemptions (15000) had been reached, but it looks like they bowed to pressure and reactivated it.

Just used it to get the Star Wars six movie bundle for $63.99.
That's probably best price ever too bad I'm broke as a joke atm

Went a bit overboard with the sales and discount codes. From the promotions up to the holidays, I received both 10% off and 15% off coupons. Used the 15% to get Smallville S1-10 for $68 and the 10% to get X-Files S1-10 for $45.

New Vudu rental credit via Tmobile Tuesday is up today. I love these as I get a couple of disc to digital movies for free.
Where I live it's a $1.03 for 3 movies after tax with credit I have 5 codes including myself for my family and more I get from my friend. Added 24 movies to my collection for only a little over $8 .

If you want to know how to do this check out the spoiler below
first the easiest thing would have your account shared with you and up to 5 family members. This feature was discontinued but all people who are member of a family on Vudu are grandfathered in just no adding new people or removing people otherwise they cannot rejoin. Next creat the number of dummies accounts for extra codes you have all connecting your PayPal. Make sure to connect and sign up for a new myuv account.

Check https://www.myuv.com to confirm movies show up.
Disconnect Vudu on myuv and, UV account on Vudu. (Not sure if necessary but do it anyways) sign out of accounts.

Go here https://www.myuv.com/settings/library/merge
And in top right sign into master account

Then back on that page in the center sign into shell account.

After clicking through the prompt if you have a lot of movies like me it will tell you that you will get 3 movies added to your 30 plus movies to make 33.

If all looks good agree and it'll sign both accounts out deleting the shell.

Resigning in to myuv and searching your library will confirm it works.

Some important things of note:
Make sure the items your purchase on DtoD are actually UV on my main account I redeemed the Expendables directors cut and found out it wasn't UV so didn't share with my family.

While the Myuv account is deleted you keep the Vudu account, come next TT with credit you connect it to a new Myuv account rinse and repeat

I received an email from Roku titled 'Hidden gem channels—discover your new favorites to stream!' that included a $5 Vudu credit code at the bottom of the advertisements.

I received an email from Roku titled 'Hidden gem channels—discover your new favorites to stream!' that included a $5 Vudu credit code at the bottom of the advertisements.
You are a great person thank you!
Time to add more D2D

bread's done
Back