New VUDU disc to digital phone app, just scan barcode, but..

pun123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
This is interesting and I know we have discussed this much before, but now starting today you can download the VUDU mobile app and just scan the bar code of a movie ONLY AT YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS and then pay $2 for SD, $5 for HD. Works for apple and android.

Questions-

Does it offer the 50% discount after 10 like original?

Any UHD conversions?

Can only be used at your physical address, but scanning bar codes from websites or cover sites work?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2017/03/23/walmart-app-vudu-scan-dvds-into-cloud/99505522/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.vudu.air.DownloaderTablet&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the following e-mail today:

TODAY ONLY | Get A $2 Credit When You Watch A Free Last Chance To Watch Title

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/collection/content/Last-Chance-to-Watch-Leaving-1-31/30432?cid=email&kwid=lastchance_cred_01302019&minVisible=0&scid=pst

Vudu-enabled device and account required for digital viewing. Film must be streamed in entirety, and viewed on 1/30/19 by 11:59pm PT to receive promo code. Only titles from "Last Chance to Watch: Leaving 1/31" collection are eligible and must not be in your Purchased Library. Promo code will be delivered by e-mail on or around 2/2/19 and must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. PT on 2/9/2019 Discount must be applied within 7 days of code redemption. Discount cannot be applied toward Pre-orders, Disc + Digital or Mix & Match offers. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit ONE(1) promo code per user/account.

If anyone uses Flonase, Walmart attached a $5 Vudu coupon to my receipt for purchasing it.

So with a $10 off coupon from the Sunday paper, $6 back on Ibotta and the $5 Vudu code ... It makes the original $22.xx price much better ... $12.xx plus $11 in kickbacks.

New Deal- Convert 10 Discs With Disc to Digital, Get A $5 Credit

has to be done by 4/21/19

It isn’t there now, but does anyone know if the Lord of the Rings extended set has ever been included in available titles? (https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Extended-Trilogy-BLU-RAY/dp/B003AQC1CQ/ )

The individual movies are available, but not the set and I’m trying to gauge the likelihood of it ever being added back since I’m not too keen on buying the movies a 5th time (dvd/ ext dvd/ Blu-ray/ ext Blu-ray)
AFAIK, it hasn't. The Extended weren't even available to convert for a long time.

It isn’t there now, but does anyone know if the Lord of the Rings extended set has ever been included in available titles? (https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Extended-Trilogy-BLU-RAY/dp/B003AQC1CQ/ )

The individual movies are available, but not the set and I’m trying to gauge the likelihood of it ever being added back since I’m not too keen on buying the movies a 5th time (dvd/ ext dvd/ Blu-ray/ ext Blu-ray)
I was able to get the Alien Anthology to work using the Vudu To Go app on a PC. You'll need a blu ray drive to do it. For that, I scanned one disc from it. It showed all 8 movies in it (4 theatrical, 4 extended/director's cut). Pick one. Checkout. Repeat. If you try to scan it again with one in your cart, it will error out so it has to be done on individual orders.

Just tested with one of the discs from LOTR extended and it asks which one you want to convert so it works the same way. $2/movie.

8UoGd4E.jpg

He probably meant the shitty Hobbit trilogy. Should have stopped at the original trilogy.
I watched a pretty good fan edit which removed all the stuff not from the book and trimmed it down into one movie that was actually quite enjoyable. I don't know if it's possible to track it down now because his site that he shared it from went down, but it's called There and Back Again, A Hobbit's Tale recut by David Killstein.

There's actually multiple fan cuts of The Hobbit. Ones that cuts down everything that's not in the books, e.g. Tauriel, and cuts that still include her but sped up the pacing.

I transferred them at a friend's request, it's a very specific blu ray that you have to scan to transfer some of them, none of the other blu rays work (I know it took a good hour to get all of them)

They usually send me an email when they add movies.... Was anything else added?
When was your last email? There's been some sporadic adds lately. Between 05/08-05/10 it was:

The Dark Knight Trilogy

The Greatest Showman

Maze Runner: Death Cure

Maze Runner Trilogy

Blade Runner 2049

Geostorm

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Deadpool 2 on 05/03

A bunch of standard definition DVDs added on 04/30...

When was your last email? There's been some sporadic adds lately. Between 05/08-05/10 it was:
I'm actually not sure the last time I got a D2D email now... I get an email from them nearly daily so I know of credit offers... Anyways, a keyword search isn't limiting the search enough to be useful.

bread's done
Back