New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm curious...can I use the transfer kit to put copies of my save data on my older HDD?[/QUOTE]
Smaller drive to bigger drive only. Can't go 120 to 20. You can, however, transfer your stuff to a memory card.

[quote name='JJSP']Smaller drive to bigger drive only. Can't go 120 to 20. You can, however, transfer your stuff to a memory card.[/quote]

Well a very big :bs:to that. I'm not paying $50 for their shitty memory card. I'm just talking about copying, not moving.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well a very big :bs:to that. I'm not paying $50 for their shitty memory card. I'm just talking about copying, not moving.[/QUOTE]
I assume it's because they don't want people copying gamesaves and content from drive to drive. Yet another Microsoft safeguard against the less than honest.

Enough lamenting not getting in, lets get on with the meat of the discussion. i.e. the haves and the have nots. :booty:

I got it. Did the avatar thing. Installed Gears 2. All's well with the world. :lol:

Anyway, I thought I read you could now delete zero point games from your gamertag. Am I imagining that? If not, how do I go about doing it?

Whoa, I didnt know I was accepted into the third wave last night. I didnt check my email last night and i turned on my xbox this morning LOL UPDATE PLOX.

Its pretty awesome,those new gears themes I got for free are pretty sweet. I also installed Fable2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How long did it take to install Gears2? Can you play while its installing?[/quote]

About 5 minutes or so and no, you cannot play while installing it. You cannot do anything while installing games to the HDD.

i got a email couple hrs ago. i was surprised actually. thought it was another "NXE is coming" post then realized the date. bout to login and install. lol

[quote name='Corvin']
Anyway, I thought I read you could now delete zero point games from your gamertag. Am I imagining that? If not, how do I go about doing it?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to answer my own question.

Hit the guide button, go left and click 'Achievements.' Any game that shows 0 gamerscore, including original Xbox games, will pop up an extra option to delete with 'X' at the bottom of the screen.

The Netflix streaming is absolutely awesome so far. I've been doing nothing but watching Heroes since I got the update. :D

Also installed Fallout 3, took maybe 8 minutes.

[quote name='Corvin']Anyway, I thought I read you could now delete zero point games from your gamertag. Am I imagining that? If not, how do I go about doing it?[/quote]

i already did it but i forgot how i did it..i think you have to go to your game library or list of games played and then find one with 0 points then you press Y or X and you can delete it.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem to move to another console after 11/19? Like I posted earlier, I got my email last night but I am awaiting a coffin for my 360-- it works but the DVD drive is wonky... I'm just wondering if downloading this to play with until the coffin arrives and I ship my 360 off will cause issues when I get the replacement 360 back?

(Edit: just called the number in the invitation email and he said it would not cause any issues as long as I don't connect the HD to another Xbox before the update goes live on 11/19)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, 5min for close to 7GB is pretty damn good.[/quote]

I just did Mirror's Edge and I think it took around 10. I was planning on timing it, but about halfway through I totally forgot what time I started. So it may actually be closer to that.

[quote name='KingBroly']In anticipation of NXE, I've opened up my new 120gb HDD ($90, Thanks Target) and am now beginning the 65 minute transfer process.

I didn't get in Wave 3, so :( but still only a few days away.[/QUOTE]

Is this on clearance? I need one...

HOW TO DELETE GAMES WITH ZERO GAMERSCORE

From the main dash:

Guide Button -> Games Blade -> Select Achievements -> Scroll To Game With Zero Gamerscore -> Press "X" To Delete Game History

[quote name='Corvin']I'm going to answer my own question.

Hit the guide button, go left and click 'Achievements.' Any game that shows 0 gamerscore, including original Xbox games, will pop up an extra option to delete with 'X' at the bottom of the screen.[/quote]

Thanks for letting us know...I'll be doing that later today.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Is this on clearance? I need one...[/quote]

Yes...Targets have marked them down...some as low as $85. Good luck on your search.

does the e-mail include some kind of beta code, or does it just prompt you?

Because I think I forgot to verify my e-mail address, so I don't know if I got in or not.

[quote name='bardiya27']does the e-mail include some kind of beta code, or does it just prompt you?

Because I think I forgot to verify my e-mail address, so I don't know if I got in or not.[/QUOTE]

No code. Just turn on your xbox and it prompts you.

You may have been screwed like me though.

[quote name='bardiya27']does the e-mail include some kind of beta code, or does it just prompt you?

Because I think I forgot to verify my e-mail address, so I don't know if I got in or not.[/quote]

MS sends the update via your Console ID so it is automatic once your console ID is flagged for the update. No code required.

[quote name='Malik112099']HOW TO DELETE GAMES WITH ZERO GAMERSCORE

From the main dash:

Guide Button -> Games Blade -> Select Achievements -> Scroll To Game With Zero Gamerscore -> Press "X" To Delete Game History[/quote]

Thank You!

[quote name='thrustbucket']No code. Just turn on your xbox and it prompts you.

You may have been screwed like me though.[/quote]

Meh, I got Arcade Banjo and Gears to hold me over until Tuesday.

[quote name='slickkill77']Are xbox live parties blocked until the 19th or what? I have an adult account so I assume thats what it is[/quote]

No, to remedy the problem you need to go into your Privacy Settings and set everything to Friend Only. Check and see if it's fixed after that and if it is, set your privacy settings back to whatever you had it at.

If it doesn't fix it that first time, set it back to Everybody instead of Friends Only and it should be fixed by then.

I seem to be having network issues with this update, when I test my connection it says there is a problem with my NAT even though it was working fine before... hmm..

Strange, I updated quickly this morning. About 4 seconds for the initial update and about 3 minutes for the second part.

However, I got disconnected while making my avatar and I was almost finished but because I got disconnected I had to restart it! All day I have been getting random disconnects.

Does anyone know how to download the picture party thing?

bread's done
Back