New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='Rig']Nobody has an exact time. Most of the game updates and content go up between 2-4 AM PST, so I would look for the NXE to show up around then.

Watch majornelson.com for updates.[/quote]

Got this from majornelson's twiiter:

"We'll START deploying at 0200 PT. Not everyone will get it right away though. "

[quote name='Rig']Nobody has an exact time. Most of the game updates and content go up between 2-4 AM PST, so I would look for the NXE to show up around then.

Watch majornelson.com for updates.[/quote]

Thanks, Rig.:cool:

Sony yanked their stuff within the last day or so.

Might be good for Heroes fans - season 3 is updated to Netflix every Tuesday, and is fully streamable to the 360. Added all three seasons as well as the complete runs of Seaquest, Sliders, 30 Rock, and The Office to Instant Queue.

[quote name='JJSP']Sony yanked their stuff within the last day or so.

Might be good for Heroes fans - season 3 is updated to Netflix every Tuesday, and is fully streamable to the 360. Added all three seasons as well as the complete runs of Seaquest, Sliders, 30 Rock, and The Office to Instant Queue.[/quote]

People still watch Heroes? Man...some people must be desperate

[quote name='yukine']You have a Simpsons avatar.[/quote]

Zing. I'm such a fan that I still watch The Simpsons, but every new episode pains me to the core.

Anyway, I might get around to downloading the NXE tomorrow night, but if I don't, it won't break my heart. I'd rather be playing Fallout 3 or GOW 2 than installing that bullcrap.

[quote name='KingBroly']People still watch Heroes? Man...some people must be desperate[/QUOTE]
Let's play "What Can't You Bitch About".

[quote name='Benisjamin']I can't wait for new themes and junk![/quote]
Same here. I look forward to getting new things. Honestly, I'm kinda excited for more avatar stuff. I've really taken a liking to them. I even customize them a little (if possible), when I'm playing a new game. For example, when I got Mirror's Edge, I put gloves on my avatar, sorta like what Faith wears.

Honestly, how can people be mad at Sony for not wanting their movies to help an Xbox 360 service look more enticing? Sorry, but that's not petty or pathetic...that's called good business. Do you think in a million years Microsoft wouldn't do the same, exact thing if they were in Sony's position? Come on. This is actually quite a big blow to the service, too. Looking at my instant queue, about 20% of the movies I have on there are owned by Sony. Hopefully, they will continue to bolster the roster of instant picks, especially with some newer stuff.

I really don't mean to hog up the thread here but has anyone else gotten the update now? I mean, all this crapping on Heroes in interesting and all, but those who haven't gotten the update yet may want to try restarting their system. I just got done making my avatar.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I really don't mean to hog up the thread here but has anyone else gotten the update now? I mean, all this crapping on Heroes in interesting and all, but those who haven't gotten the update yet may want to try restarting their system. I just got done making my avatar.[/QUOTE]Did you sign up for the NXE beta?

[quote name='JJSP']Let's play "What Can't You Bitch About".[/quote]

Seriously. I think it's retarded to put people on ignore lists but I'm starting to consider making an exception for him.

Why? All he's complained about in this thread is hard drive installs, Microsoft's ability to be ready for the launch, people's television preferences...oh wait...nevermind...

[quote name='Mojimbo']Did you sign up for the NXE beta?[/QUOTE]

The one from Major Nelsons site yes. But I never got an email or chosen. It just popped here at like 7:30 Central time when I turned my system on.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']The one from Major Nelsons site yes. But I never got an email or chosen. It just popped here at like 7:30 Central time when I turned my system on.[/QUOTE]
Microsoft gave it to everyone who applied for the preview a day early. Enjoy!

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']The one from Major Nelsons site yes. But I never got an email or chosen. It just popped here at like 7:30 Central time when I turned my system on.[/QUOTE]

They let everyone who signed up for it in the preview yesterday, so for people like me who never go the chance to sign up for it, we have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Edit: Beaten.

I just wanted to make a few comments about the new NXE,

#1. The Avatar (Mii's are fun) but they have left out 80% of the clothes and items I have already seen no doubt they will sell them later on.

#2. You can no longer see or access your FRiends List Unless you are LOgged onto XBOX LIVE. This is being all done on purpose to remove off line useabllity to force people to always be on XBOX LIVE. (unless I missed it)

#3. THE NXE is designed visually to look like CRap unless you are on XBOX LIVE and signed in. When your online it looks great, But the NXE looks far worse than the old Dashboard if your offline. This again is designed on purpose to make you be online always.

#4. If you have a 20GB HDD I mean 13GB HDD you can only install 1 360 Game to the Hard drive.

#5. I don't understand how Microsoft justifies selling so many Adds and ad space on our Menus system we pay a monthly fee for. Its like now there are full video ads for games and movies, which immediately start playing with video and sound and we don't even have to click on it, Its basically a commercial thats always there taking up bandwidth with out our consent and theres no way to diable it.

#6. overall there are more Ads now regeardless of what type they are ads

[quote name='Ice Cold']I just wanted to make a few comments about the new NXE,

#1. The Avatar (Mii's are fun) but they have left out 80% of the clothes and items I have already seen no doubt they will sell them later on.

#2. You can no longer see or access your FRiends List Unless you are LOgged onto XBOX LIVE. This is being all done on purpose to remove off line useabllity to force people to always be on XBOX LIVE. (unless I missed it)

#3. THE NXE is designed visually to look like CRap unless you are on XBOX LIVE and signed in. When your online it looks great, But the NXE looks far worse than the old Dashboard if your offline. This again is designed on purpose to make you be online always.

#4. If you have a 20GB HDD I mean 13GB HDD you can only install 1 360 Game to the Hard drive.

#5. I don't understand how Microsoft justifies selling so many Adds and ad space on our Menus system we pay a monthly fee for. Its like now there are full video ads for games and movies, which immediately start playing with video and sound and we don't even have to click on it, Its basically a commercial thats always there taking up bandwidth with out our consent and theres no way to diable it.

#6. overall there are more Ads now regeardless of what type they are ads[/quote]
For starters, if you have a 20GB HDD (with 13GB usage), you can install about 12.5GB worth of games. That means 2 games that are 6.2GB, 3 games that are 4GB each, 4 games that are 3GB each, or any combination. You could upgrade to a larger HDD if you want to make use of the install FEATURE, or you can continue to use the game disc like many others. It's nice to have but not mandatory.

I agree that there are quite a few ads, especially considering we pay about $30 a year (this is 'Cheap Ass Gamer's for a reason)...but a lot of the 'ads' are informative, to me at least. My only major complaint is that i want 'My Xbox' to be the first thing i see, not Spotlight.

[quote name='Ice Cold']#2. You can no longer see or access your FRiends List Unless you are LOgged onto XBOX LIVE. This is being all done on purpose to remove off line useabllity to force people to always be on XBOX LIVE. (unless I missed it)[/quote]

Im still on the old one and I can confirm that you can't see your friends list unless your on live, so no changes here.

Oh fucking Christ, this explains why my queue was missing stuff when I looked at it just now...all the more reason for me to cancel when the two weeks are up on my trial I guess.

http://kotaku.com/5092567/xbox-360-netflix-offerings-gutted-of-columbia-pictures-flicks

The selection of movies that one can stream from Netflix to the Xbox 360 just got a bit smaller, as a batch of content distributed by Columbia Pictures — owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment (dun dun dunnnnn!) — is now listed as "currently unavailable for playback on the Xbox." That affects some big releases from the studio, including titles like Superbad, The Karate Kid and The Lives of Others but also thankfully saves us from becoming incredibly depressed by watching Spider-Man 3 while drunk.

The titles will still be available for stream via PCs and other set top boxes — just not your Xbox 360.

According to a follow up on the story from MTV Multiplayer, "a few hundred titles are temporarily unavailable" for Microsoft's console, but Netflix spokesfolk say "we hope they’ll be licensed for Xbox 360 shortly." On the eve of the New Xbox Experience roll out, I'd be plenty pissed at the last minute change if it didn't likely save me from actually going through with a viewing of Ghost Rider.

I honestly expect MS to pull some support or at least pressure Netflix to add more studios for a better selection of streamable movies.

from the mtv post
When asked if the license just coincidentally expired as Microsoft was adding Netflix support or Sony Pictures Entertainment specifically requested Xbox 360 streaming to be disabled, Swasey wouldn’t say.

Yeah I thought this NETFLIX exclusivity was the Holy Grail LoopHole, Microsoft found to get HD Sony owned Movies onto the Xbox 360. I was like wow Sony won't be happy, and all news was that Studios Like Columbia etc. were on Board Sony owned, and Now this.

Netflix must be scratching their heads I expect the Lawyers on all 5 sides of this are working over time. Basically Netflix has the rights, You Stream HD Netflix gets its cut and the studio gets their cut. Its just SONY wants to do everything possible to kill the 360

WHY aren't there any DISNEY Movies on there?? Whats up with that?

[quote name='Ice Cold'] Its just SONY wants to do everything possible to kill the 360 [/QUOTE]
They should start by actually chipping away at the 360's install base.

[quote name='JJSP']They should start by actually chipping away at the 360's install base.[/quote]

they will they just have a longer roadmap. Over the entire life of the consoles the PS3 will outsell the 360 9 to 1 probably, It will just take 10 years. Sony plays longball and has long term goals, where as the 360 and Microsoft has much more short term goals with the 360. with a 5 or 6 year life cycle.

Heck its 2008 the 360 is 3 years old barely, and theres serious talk about a new machine being worked on. 360 won't last 3 to 4 more years period.

PS2 is still selling at $149

Given a more long term global life span and all the PS3 can do besides games it will easily outsell the 360.

[quote name='Ice Cold']they will they just have a longer roadmap. Over the entire life of the consoles the PS3 will outsell the 360 9 to 1 probably, It will just take 10 years. Sony plays longball and has long term goals, where as the 360 and Microsoft has much more short term goals with the 360. with a 5 or 6 year life cycle.

Heck its 2008 the 360 is 3 years old barely, and theres serious talk about a new machine being worked on. 360 won't last 3 to 4 more years period.

Given a more long term global life span and all the PS3 can do besides games it will easily outsell the 360.[/quote]

What, may I ask, are you smoking?

I think the next Xbox will hit in 2011. PS4, Nintendo Next-Gen in 2012.

NOTE: Besides the NES branding, Nintendo has never continued a console branding scheme. It'll probably be called Us.

[quote name='Ice Cold']they will they just have a longer roadmap. Over the entire life of the consoles the PS3 will outsell the 360 9 to 1 probably, It will just take 10 years. Sony plays longball and has long term goals, where as the 360 and Microsoft has much more short term goals with the 360. with a 5 or 6 year life cycle.

Given a more long term global life span and all the PS3 can do besides games it will easily outsell the 360.[/quote]

9 to 1? I am going to guess you simply had a brainfart and didn't mean to say that. The 360 has already shipped well over 20 million consoles worldwide. Even if they never, ever sold another 360, and we just say they have only sold 20 million systems, that would mean the PS3 would have to sell 180 million consoles. That's an insanely lofty figure, one the PS2 hasn't even hit, yet, and that was the absolute dominant console of its era.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']9 to 1? I am going to guess you simply had a brainfart and didn't mean to say that. The 360 has already shipped well over 20 million consoles worldwide. Even if they never, ever sold another 360, and we just say they have only sold 20 million systems, that would mean the PS3 would have to sell 180 million consoles. That's an insanely lofty figure, one the PS2 hasn't even hit, yet, and that was the absolute dominant console of its era.[/quote]

plus the fact that as of the last NPD numbers the 360 is officially outselling the PS3 this year so far

Fun little Easter Egg - playing around with the Avatar system. When taking your gamerpicture using your Avatar's face, use the right stick to wiggle his head around. His eyes will go all loopy and he'll appear to get dizzy. Zoom in too close, pull his head back, and give it a good ol' Zidane - it's possible to knock your Avatar for a loop causing him to see stars.

[quote name='JJSP']Fun little Easter Egg - playing around with the Avatar system. When taking your gamerpicture using your Avatar's face, use the right stick to wiggle his head around. His eyes will go all loopy and he'll appear to get dizzy. Zoom in too close, pull his head back, and give it a good ol' Zidane - it's possible to knock your Avatar for a loop causing him to see stars.[/quote]

When he hits his head, take your gamerpic like I did.

bread's done
Back