New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='Persona7']Music and video streaming is also A LOT faster like seriously, now its instant and it doesnt take time to populate the lists.[/quote]
Really? I found it to be the exact opposite. It takes quite a bit longer to generate lists of songs and such now than it ever did before.

I just hope everyone remembered to add the original Zelda cartoon to their Queue.

And I can't wait until wednesday, though it is fun to play around with the leak... without live.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Really? I found it to be the exact opposite. It takes quite a bit longer to generate lists of songs and such now than it ever did before.[/QUOTE]Strange, on the old dash the lists took FOOOOREVER to populate for me.

Now they are just there already loaded.

[quote name='strongpimphand']I haven't been able to connect for about 3 days now....always fail at the IP address part![/quote]

That is a problem with your home network.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...do games look any better when installed vs. not installed? Some fanboys have claimed it, but I don't buy it.[/quote]

Looks the same and I'm sitting 4 feet away from a 56" 1080p tv.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...do games look any better when installed vs. not installed? Some fanboys have claimed it, but I don't buy it.[/quote]

Fanboys they is, teh lies.

What most of them are talking about is the pop-in effects that a lot of games have. From the hard drive the pop-in is reduced or not existent.

Can anyone familiar with the netflix streaming catalog comment on if they have a nice selection of direct to dvd stuff and foreign stuff? That's the stuff I usually get at the video store, not mainstream new releases.

[quote name='jp0213']What most of them are talking about is the pop-in effects that a lot of games have. From the hard drive the pop-in is reduced or not existent.[/quote]

I guess that makes sense. But it sounds like it hasn't helped UE3's problems.

EDIT: Perfect time to get disconnected from Live.

[quote name='Wolve11']so is this something to be excited about or is this way to overhyped by MS?[/QUOTE]

I don't think MS has hyped it that much, at least compared to forum posters.

Installed Gears 2 today and i noticed instantly load times cut in half. Also for those wanting to try Netflix there isnt a big Selection for the instant streaming. Works really well with the HD stream though. Takes like 20-30 seconds for a HD stream to start and 10 seconds for a Non HD-Widescreen stream.

HD quality of the stream is alittle better than DVD but its degraded alot from streaming. Semi HD pretty much. Better than DVD but not quite up to par with HD.

Textures loading while doing Gears 2 MP didnt change. Still some problems with them loading after a match has started. Dissapointed it didnt fix that.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Can anyone familiar with the netflix streaming catalog comment on if they have a nice selection of direct to dvd stuff and foreign stuff? That's the stuff I usually get at the video store, not mainstream new releases.[/quote]

From what I remember they had a lot of odd movies, but I couldnt stream borat so I cancled my membership 10 minutes after I started it

[quote name='slickkill77']From what I remember they had a lot of odd movies, but I couldnt stream borat so I cancled my membership 10 minutes after I started it[/quote]

Yeah, people expecting it to be like that are going to be let-down.

I have a friend who got Netflix... him and his girlfriend tell me over dinner that it sucked and they canceled cause they don't have "any movies"... they got just the streaming package.

I told them, you do know that they have any DVD you want by mail, and the streaming is just a bonus?...

That's how you have to look at it, a subscription gets you a great service with the bonus option of having some titles streamable. The streaming is really something to give you to watch in case your movies, or 2 movies you have out by mail, are in route back and fourth to Netflix.

[quote name='jp0213']What most of them are talking about is the pop-in effects that a lot of games have. From the hard drive the pop-in is reduced or not existent.[/quote]

I could see this. When GTA IV came out there was less pop-in on the PS3 due to the install. I haven't played Fallout 3 without it installed but let me tell you, the draw distance is fucking FAR away.

[quote name='Malik112099']I could see this. When GTA IV came out there was less pop-in on the PS3 due to the install. I haven't played Fallout 3 without it installed but let me tell you, the draw distance is fucking FAR away.[/quote]

Ive been playing falloutres installed and there is no difference. I still see some trees or something appearing occasionally.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah, people expecting it to be like that are going to be let-down.

I have a friend who got Netflix... him and his girlfriend tell me over dinner that it sucked and they canceled cause they don't have "any movies"... they got just the streaming package.

I told them, you do know that they have any DVD you want by mail, and the streaming is just a bonus?...

That's how you have to look at it, a subscription gets you a great service with the bonus option of having some titles streamable. The streaming is really something to give you to watch in case your movies, or 2 movies you have out by mail, are in route back and fourth to Netflix.[/quote]

The thing is I dont watch movies enough to justify having it and the only reason I did the streaming was so that my friend and I could watch Borat together...even though we both have the dvd....we are strange like that

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Finally cleared my 0 GS game history last night :D[/QUOTE]

Can you clear all Zero point games now? Regardless of when you played them?

[quote name='TC']Can you clear all Zero point games now? Regardless of when you played them?[/quote]

Yeah, I had Saints Row 2 and Hellboy with 0pts...got rid of both games cause I don't want to have that on my record.

I wonder if we will see more 'press start' achievements now that we have the ability to erase 0pt games from our gamer history. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Kevlar281']I wonder if we will see more 'press start' achievements now that we have the ability to erase 0pt games from our gamer history. :whistle2:k[/quote]

How many of those are there? Just the one from the Simpsons game, right?

Definitely want a few deleted, like Super C, Sonic games, Prince of Persia, Pac-Man C.E., etc. I'm still waiting on the option to not count achievements while playing games. Sometimes you just want to play and not worry about Gamerscore. Even though you say you don't care, it's still hanging over you.

Of all the things we are getting with this awesome update, the ability to delete the 0 GS games is probably way down on my list. Am I alone here? Everyone seems to be very excited about this and have been asking for it for quite some time. What games are on my list is pretty meaningless to me. I mean, what's the big deal?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Of all the things we are getting with this awesome update, the ability to delete the 0 GS games is probably way down on my list. Am I alone here? Everyone seems to be very excited about this and have been asking for it for quite some time. What games are on my list is pretty meaningless to me. I mean, what's the big deal?[/quote]

It's just OCD, when you look at your game history it says "____ GS out of a possible ______ GS" or something like that...so it counts the XBLA Demos from way before they removed them from being counted.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm still waiting on the option to not count achievements while playing games. Sometimes you just want to play and not worry about Gamerscore. Even though you say you don't care, it's still hanging over you.[/quote]

Eh. I've never understood this line of thinking. It's like "I wish arcade games didn't have scoreboards, because that makes playing them less fun!"

Options to disable counting stats towards achievements would be horrible. "Oh no, I turned off achievement tracking 3 months ago, saved, and forgot about it! Those 3 months of play and kills towards 'Seriously!', all down the DRAIN!"

I still think achievements are just an awesome growth of the "High scores" of old, and adding these little extra trophies to signify our playing skill, our long sessions of gameplay, our dedication to specific games... the only bad thing about them (for me) is boosting. Boosting totally misses the point of accomplishing anything...

.. But anyway, it is nice to be able to remove old arcade demos from the Gamercard, or games that where played by someone else on their Gamer Card, while you were signed in.

I'm really loving Netflix streaming... It's like a single movie ticket getting you access to a huge amount of stuff you may have missed over the years... and I love the fact you can queue up entire anime series... This is infinitely cheaper than buying all these boxsets separately... (And the old Legend of Zelda Animated series is great for pockets of laughter.)

Yeah, I really don't get what the point of turning achievements off would be. If you just want to play the game, just the play. If you turn them off, they are still going to hang over your head, if that's your thing. You'll be playing and go like, "Damn, I could have had all of those achievements."

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Of all the things we are getting with this awesome update, the ability to delete the 0 GS games is probably way down on my list. Am I alone here? Everyone seems to be very excited about this and have been asking for it for quite some time. What games are on my list is pretty meaningless to me. I mean, what's the big deal?[/quote]

I share your opinion. I simply don't care about my gamerscore.

:shrugs:

[quote name='Chase']I share your opinion. I simply don't care about my gamerscore.

:shrugs:[/quote]
Chase, I've been meaning to ask. What are your avatar and sig image from?

[quote name='YodaEXE']Chase, I've been meaning to ask. What are your avatar and sig image from?[/quote]

It's Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. :mrgreen:

[quote name='YodaEXE']Chase, I've been meaning to ask. What are your avatar and sig image from?[/quote]

(LoL, already answered, but anywho...) The Major can take some cool pictures...

[quote name='Chase']It's Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. :mrgreen:[/quote]
Riiiight! I thought she looked familiar! I need to remember to watch that after I watch the new Appleseed movie.

Yea I don't get it either.

[quote name='Chase']It's Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Bullshit! That's Lee/Violet from Tekken! :lol:

[quote name='[B']bigdaddybruce44[/B]]Of all the things we are getting with this awesome update, the ability to delete the 0 GS games is probably way down on my list. Am I alone here? Everyone seems to be very excited about this and have been asking for it for quite some time. What games are on my list is pretty meaningless to me. I mean, what's the big deal?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='PhrostByte']Yea I don't get it either.

It's so if you have a friend or stranger checking out your games list they don't send invites or compare games that you don't have or don't play. I think it's a good feature, I keep demos on my console so other people can play them even though I don't care for em.

[quote name='Spybreak8']It's so if you have a friend or stranger checking out your games list they don't send invites or compare games that you don't have or don't play. I think it's a good feature, I keep demos on my console so other people can play them even though I don't care for em.[/quote]

That and it's a pain in the ass to have an extra 20+ games on your list to scroll through because they have 0 gamerscore for whatever reason. Granted I'd like to remove some more to make the list easier to sift through when viewing my games played, but I doubt they'll allow you to delete games with gamerscore.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...if any of you guys have NXE...and aren't in the program, you might find this post interesting:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13658421&postcount=1153

But I'd still stay away from it.[/quote]
Just tried this with Call of Duty 4 and no dice; as soon as I turn the system on it's asking me to update so when I kick back to the dash from game it asks again and I assume logs me out of Live. May be a glitch that works for Gears still, though.

[quote name='Spybreak8']It's so if you have a friend or stranger checking out your games list they don't send invites or compare games that you don't have or don't play. I think it's a good feature, I keep demos on my console so other people can play them even though I don't care for em.[/quote]

All right, that makes some sense. At the same time, who invites people to play games that are generally all the way down on someone's list and have 0 GS? I know that I wouldn't bother. It would be pretty obvious that the person doesn't have the game. Even if they have it, it would also be pretty obvious that they don't play it.

I mean, don't get me wrong here, folks. I don't ever discourage the introduction of new features. I am glad we are getting so much with the fall update. Again, though, I just don't get the massive excitement over this particular feature. To me, it's just a small thing that's now nice to have.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...do games look any better when installed vs. not installed? Some fanboys have claimed it, but I don't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Pop-In/Draw Distance is better in some games but obviously It's not going to "look" any better.
Wonder how much better then pop in is in GTA, cause supposedly that's why the PS3 version got a higher mark. But now with the 360 HD install it can't be that much better.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Of all the things we are getting with this awesome update, the ability to delete the 0 GS games is probably way down on my list. Am I alone here? Everyone seems to be very excited about this and have been asking for it for quite some time. What games are on my list is pretty meaningless to me. I mean, what's the big deal?[/QUOTE]Back before the last update every single arcade trial game you played stuck to your gamercard, whether you bought it or not. It was just blank space wasting on our gamercards. Luckily I got rid of all that mess. It made it harder to navigate and load, etc.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Pop-In/Draw Distance is better in some games but obviously It's not going to "look" any better.
Wonder how much better then pop in is in GTA, cause supposedly that's why the PS3 version got a higher mark. But now with the 360 HD install it can't be that much better.[/quote]
I played it a bit earlier. The pop in was quite a bit better, especially while I was doing some high-speed car chases down the highway. There was still some but it wasn't as bad as it was before.

[quote name='Persona7']Back before the last update every single arcade trial game you played stuck to your gamercard, whether you bought it or not. It was just blank space wasting on our gamercards. Luckily I got rid of all that mess. It made it harder to navigate and load, etc.[/quote]

I know all of that already. My question was...who cares? It seems like I'm not alone on this, though, so I no longer feel like I'm missing something.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I know all of that already. My question was...who cares? It seems like I'm not alone on this, though, so I no longer feel like I'm missing something.[/quote]

Here's why people care: People don't want to be dragged into games where they have 0 of anything by their friends. Also, it looks bad on their card. Also, Yaris is really bad.

bread's done
Back