New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

i downloaded it around 6 this morning and the first problem i ran into was my wireless headset wouldn't work. the lights on the headset indicated it was paired, but NXE didn't acknowledge it.

anyone know where to score a 120gb hard drive on the cheap? only have 4gb left on my 20 gb with just game data and would like to do some installs to keep my console lasting a bit longer.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']anyone know where to score a 120gb hard drive on the cheap? only have 4gb left on my 20 gb with just game data and would like to do some installs to keep my console lasting a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

Ckick me :)

[quote name='-GoodFella-']It's working. The activation page is available right now.[/quote]

Cool. I tried it this morning (about 3 hours ago), and the activation page wouldn't accept the codes off of my 360. I tried like 25 codes before I gave a.k.a. went to work. :cool:

[quote name='Walt Jay']Cool. I tried it this morning (about 3 hours ago), and the activation page wouldn't accept the codes off of my 360. I tried like 25 codes before I gave a.k.a. went to work. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Did you have your 360 on and logged into Live when you did so? That's the mistake I made at first.

I have Netflix activated, but can't get it working on my 360. I get sound, but no picture: just the white xbox 360 screen and the error message "secure HDCP link not found" that keeps popping up for me.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using a new 60 gb xbox 360 w/ HDMI out--connected via HDMI and on 1080p setting on the 360...please help!

M$ hit a homerun here for some reason though, I have tons of movies in my queue that aren't showing up to stream and I just checked and they aren't Sony titles.... anyone know anything?

I have the two hellboy animated movies in there, Coupling, Dig!, Scratch, Crumb.... nothing

EDIT: I found out what I did wrong... it's making me add the movies to my instant queue even though they have watch next to them in my queue...

i used to be able to play divx files off of an external hardrive without having to sign in. now it won't play unless i sign in. whats the dealio?

[quote name='chrisc133']I have Netflix activated, but can't get it working on my 360. I get sound, but no picture: just the white xbox 360 screen and the error message "secure HDCP link not found" that keeps popping up for me.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using a new 60 gb xbox 360 w/ HDMI out--connected via HDMI and on 1080p setting on the 360...please help![/quote]

That means your HDTV (or monitor) is not HDCP complient. Meaning that if your running over HDMI or DVI the digital handshake that has to happen to make sure that your not capture carding or anything like that is not being done. Blame piracy and blame DRM.

Good thing is if you have component you can still view in HD that way with no issues!

[quote name='whiptcracker']Did you have your 360 on and logged into Live when you did so? That's the mistake I made at first.[/quote]

Yup. I was sitting there with my 360 on, reading the codes off the TV, typing them into the activation page on my laptop.

It kept saying the code was not valid, so I clicked the "get a new code" button the 360, entered that new code, didn't work, rinse, repeat. I even tried using IE instead of FF, but that wasn't the issue.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I downloaded this morning at 5:20 am. I think I am going to miss the blades. I just need to play with it more.[/quote]

I'm definitely going to miss the blades... I don't like this new Xbox thing at all. :(

[quote name='Goodeye']That means your HDTV (or monitor) is not HDCP complient. Meaning that if your running over HDMI or DVI the digital handshake that has to happen to make sure that your not capture carding or anything like that is not being done. Blame piracy and blame DRM.

Good thing is if you have component you can still view in HD that way with no issues![/QUOTE]

Are new HDTVs not HDCP complaint? I have a brand new panny 1080p plasma. If it wasn't HDCP complaint, would I be able to watch my blurays on the PS3?

This is so frustrating...

[quote name='chrisc133']I have Netflix activated, but can't get it working on my 360. I get sound, but no picture: just the white xbox 360 screen and the error message "secure HDCP link not found" that keeps popping up for me.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using a new 60 gb xbox 360 w/ HDMI out--connected via HDMI and on 1080p setting on the 360...please help![/quote]

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like Netflix is trying to steam an HD movie to your TV but your TV is not HDCP (High Def Copy Protection) compatible.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkkVFlVuykXIvAmCWH.php

Are you running the HDMI cable straight into the TV or through a receiver?

You should be able to work around the issue by connecting your 360 via component instead of HDMI and see if that works (the signal would be analog over component instead of digital of over HDMI).

[quote name='captmurphy']My question kind of got buried last time.... how do you delete 0 gamerscore games? I can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

Press the guide button, go to Games > Achievements, scroll to the game and press X.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Press the guide button, go to Games > Achievements, scroll to the game and press X.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I didn't know you could do that. Gonna have to do it when I get home. Thanks for the unintentional info!

I'm a bit confused by the Netflix situation. Can I browse through other Netflix titles to watch via Live, or do I have to add titles to my Instant Queue online for them to show up on the Xbox? All I have is one movie in my Instant queue on the 360 and that's it, no other options to do anything except watch it.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like Netflix is trying to steam an HD movie to your TV but your TV is not HDCP (High Def Copy Protection) compatible.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkkVFlVuykXIvAmCWH.php

Are you running the HDMI cable straight into the TV or through a receiver?

You should be able to work around the issue by connecting your 360 via component instead of HDMI and see if that works (the signal would be analog over component instead of digital of over HDMI).[/QUOTE]

I think i've isolated the issue: It looks to be a handshake issue with just one of my HDMI ports. My panny broke down a few weeks ago, and when I had it repaired, the front HDMI port won't display any HDCP protected content---the 360 Netflix movies won't work, the charter dvr won't work..anything.

The netflix and cable work fine on the other two HDMI ports. Is there a way to "reset" an HDMI port to solve these HDCP handshake issues?--or is this something that has to be repaired by panasonic?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I'm a bit confused by the Netflix situation. Can I browse through other Netflix titles to watch via Live, or do I have to add titles to my Instant Queue online for them to show up on the Xbox? All I have is one movie in my Instant queue on the 360 and that's it, no other options to do anything except watch it.[/QUOTE]

You have to add them to your queue on the Netflix website. You can't add them directly from your computer, yet. Not sure if that function will be added down the road. Would be cool, but not exactly sure if they will have like a whole Netflix Marketplace.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']thanks for the hd link.

quick question, are you able to delete any achievements?like say a game with 5gs?[/quote]

Nope

i downloaded it this morning around 830am EST and it downloaded fine. then it restarted and was updating, updating, updating.......then the bar stopped moving about 85% of the way there.

i tried to press B to cancel, then it froze on me. i restarted, and now i get the E68 error on my console.

if i unplug the HDD, it starts up on the dashboard just fine.....Any suggestions???

What is the prompt message right after you download NXE?

I left it downloading this morning before going to work... I hope by it being idle it won't affect anything.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']thanks for the hd link.

quick question, are you able to delete any achievements?like say a game with 5gs?[/QUOTE]

Just games with 0 score

BTW the quality is pretty good for the streaming, it is DVD basically and plays in full widescreen if it has the option. Havn't seen HD quality yet but don't think I can.

[quote name='cmart05']What is the prompt message right after you download NXE?

I left it downloading this morning before going to work... I hope by it being idle it won't affect anything.[/quote]

it really shouldn't. it should update, restart, update, and ask you to agree to terms of service, blah blah blah.

when it restarted for me and began to update my dashboard, it inexplicably stopped.

when i tried to press a button on my controller, it froze.

total burn.

now i think my hard drive is corrupted, "E68". There goes all the save games and downloaded games.

I'm gonna argue like hell that they should re-imburse me for all the thousands of Live points i've spent on games and content w/o giving me a stable way to backup my shit.

[quote name='GuruuShah']has anyone got a non invalid code for netflix?[/quote]

About 20. :cry:

I'm going to try again later tonight; I've read that some people are having code issues, but it eventually works. Just keep plugging away!

Xbox.com is up (for the time being) stuff still kind of erroring out here and there usually an F5 to refresh the page gets it to load back up.

[quote name='GuruuShah']thx walt jay :( this sucks i did it like a million times.[/quote]

Let me know if you get it to work. I tried 20+ codes this morning; I guess the site is getting hammered, and hopefully things will calm down a little bit later on.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Let me know if you get it to work. I tried 20+ codes this morning; I guess the site is getting hammered, and hopefully things will calm down a little bit later on.[/QUOTE]

ya millions of people are getting codes so i dont expect it to work right away. after work im going to check it out again

Got the netflix code to work but when i go to access it on the 360 it just gives me another code...everything looks fine from netflix's website on my computer...

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'm definitely going to miss the blades... I don't like this new Xbox thing at all. :([/QUOTE]

You'll get used to it. Just use the guide button if it really annoys you, it's practically the same thing as the blades.

So how much room on the screen is advertisments?

My Crapbox is in repair for the 2nd major update in a row so I won't get to check this stuff out for a couple more weeks.

Interesting note. Some games when you put them in your tray do not have a full logo under it. For Blue Dragon, for example, it's just the small gamerpic.

Yeah Halo 3 did that yesterday for me... Then today it showed a nice halo 3 image in the whole box. I think if it's left in there long enough it will show up eventually.

[quote name='GuruuShah']has anyone got a non invalid code for netflix?[/quote]

I was up at 5am and DL the nxe. On my 2nd code I got netflix to work and my movies from my instant que are on my xbox.

[quote name='Goodeye']Yeah Halo 3 did that yesterday for me... Then today it showed a nice halo 3 image in the whole box. I think if it's left in there long enough it will show up eventually.[/quote]

Well, for Gears 2 and Banjo it immediately showed up. Halo 3 for me as well (although I had to back out since I couldn't find the auto-start disabler right away)

As far as premium themes go:

Gears 2 - All of them are great, you can't go wrong with any of those
Halo 3 - It's alright...could be better
Halo Wars - Awesome!
Viva Pinata - Sucks...background has a blurry image
Fable II - Pretty cool, but not great

:shock: I've spent 1500+pts on these already...I'll try to post pics later tonight.

bread's done
Back