Next Gen Titles $35 at Sams Club

goblowsoup

CAGiversary!
Happened to stop by my local Sams Club and spotted the next gen titles for $34.98. (All titles in-stock at my local were on sale, sorry for any confusion as to what is and isn't on sale.)

THIS PROMO SEEMS VERY YMMV! Posters have noted different prices/games available depending on location. 

Website has prices hidden until checkout if you want to try and pm at stores who'll pm it.

Edit- I finally was able to get on my computer and load the photo into the thread. Here is NFS on the XB1.

Stock was very limited, AC IV, COD Ghosts (was on sale at my store), BF4, NFS, and KZ Shadow Fall were all in stock. Some games, such as NFS, were only on XB1 and they don't show the PS4 version in their system (as in they've never stocked it- least that's what the associate told me).

There were no copies of NBA Live or 2K14 at my store, so I'm unaware if there is a discount. FIFA was listed on sale for XB1, but nothing was there for PS4. It is very hit-and-miss. Best of luck finding them, please share what prices you're getting. 

Photo here ( I can't get it to go into the posts, beats me as to why)- https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EBLkNO4UmcY/UrPKs-5CD7I/AAAAAAAAAZE/1f4IbGjNQqI/w407-h542-no/2013-12-19

The PS3 controllers (not PS4 as originally posted) are also listed $44.98 (Online only- http://www.samsclub.com/sams/ps3-dual-shock-3-wireless-controller-black/prod5500152.ip

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up assassin's Creed 4 for ps4 and battlefield 4 for xbone this morning.

Damn... I have to see this AFTER I buy both BF4 and AC4 for the PS4 for $40 each from a local store... oh well... I dod get a deal of $500 for my friends PS4, vita, and two vita games... 

I know that my Sams had Forza, but I didn't bother price checking it. I would guess they are on sale.

Edit: Just noticed, the OP has the PS3 controller listed as 45 bucks, not the PS4 controller. The PS4 controller and X1 controller are both showing up as 60ish.
Oh wow, I must not be able to read (that or the Benadryl I took got me), but you're right it is PS3 and not Ps4 on the controller.

Any chance someone could get a XB1 picture at $35? I'd be grateful as I don't have a Sam's membership, so I'd like to get BB or similar to PM it. Thanks.

Someone have a picture of FIFA 14, Madden 25, and Killzone Shadow Fall at Sam's Club for the PS4? That would be great. Thanks in advance. 

Can anyone confirm anything beyond the 2-3 games being mentioned? The OP is extremely vague and makes it seem like all next gen games are $35, when it seems like ACIV and BF4 are like the only ones??

I picked up BF4, Madden, and Fifa for $35 (xb1).

Fifa and Madden were priced at an 'iPad station' (front of the store had a display of iPad things with an employee standing at the table, games as well).  The dude had pieces of paper printed off with barcodes and pricing of $34.99 each for those two titles, then they had COD:Ghosts at $49.99 (with paper) and Ryse at $54.99 (paper as well).

In their 'games' section were a lot of cardboard placements for their other titles (no ps4 titles).  I found a cardboard piece for both BF4 and NFS.  Took them to the register to check to see if they were $34.99 also.  Only BF4 was that price.

No copies of AC4.

I didn't grab pics of the paper with the pricing (it was official printed off paper stating the price and a scanable barcode for the front register).  By the time I thought about it, the employee had taken them to pull the actual games from 'the cage'.

This weekend, when you enter you're allowed to go to the CS desk and get a 'temporary' ID for checking out.  You're not carded at the door, but you need to present the temporary paper ID when you ring up at the register.  

Hope this answers all the questions here.

Can anyone confirm anything beyond the 2-3 games being mentioned? The OP is extremely vague and makes it seem like all next gen games are $35, when it seems like ACIV and BF4 are like the only ones??
What's available at each store is YMMV. Some stores have games other's don't, and Sams associates at my local aren't aware of anything. The best thing to do is to check the website and enter your local store, when I did it showed the games and prices in the cart after signing in. If you just go through the main site, you'll get normal price and not the discount.

As other's have pointed out, Sams Club isn't great with promos. They don't even have signage at my store indicating the sale, you just have to dig around. It's really hit and miss and it seems like every store has different prices. I'll mark the topic as YMMV as more posters seem to find different prices/promos at different stores.

I picked up BF4, Madden, and Fifa for $35 (xb1).

Fifa and Madden were priced at an 'iPad station' (front of the store had a display of iPad things with an employee standing at the table, games as well). The dude had pieces of paper printed off with barcodes and pricing of $34.99 each for those two titles, then they had COD:Ghosts at $49.99 (with paper) and Ryse at $54.99 (paper as well).

In their 'games' section were a lot of cardboard placements for their other titles (no ps4 titles). I found a cardboard piece for both BF4 and NFS. Took them to the register to check to see if they were $34.99 also. Only BF4 was that price.

No copies of AC4.

I didn't grab pics of the paper with the pricing (it was official printed off paper stating the price and a scanable barcode for the front register). By the time I thought about it, the employee had taken them to pull the actual games from 'the cage'.

This weekend, when you enter you're allowed to go to the CS desk and get a 'temporary' ID for checking out. You're not carded at the door, but you need to present the temporary paper ID when you ring up at the register.

Hope this answers all the questions here.
What are the exact dates of the free membership? Like is it valid today?

[quote name="pimpinc333" post="11366002" timestamp="1387487739"]Have the employee use a hand scanner and double check the price. During these busy times the games might not be signed right. This is a nation wide deal at sams club. I can confirm this deal at Erie Pa Sam's.[/quote]

Wow another Erie Pa CAG! awesome thanks for confirming it

Deal is also working in mcallen tx. Just bought madden and bf4 $34.99 but NFS was regular price. And it's free weekend membership today till Sunday I can confirm. I'm not a member.

[quote name="Ribbercage" post="11367729" timestamp="1387518987"]This is confirmed, I work at Erie, PA SAMs and BF4 is 35$ I thought it was a glitch until I seen this post[/quote]
Were there any copies of madden for ps4? Crazy never seen a erie pa CAG and now two in this thread haha

y9umujyp.jpg

[quote name="honzoh" post="11369033" timestamp="1387566852"]December 20th-22nd.

You don't get carded to get in, but before you can check out you'll need to head to the CS desk and ask for a temporary membershipt o check out with.[/quote]
I have a membership thankfully but don't they usually charge you ten percent extra on your bill when you shop on a free day if you aren't a member

[quote name="SativaSam" post="11369102" timestamp="1387568009"]I'd really like to know this... I've always heard this and this would kinda shy me away from going.[/quote]I found a faq about it and it actually looks like they may not charge you extra.

Directly from the faq: The Holiday Open House extends to SamsClub.comwhere guests can purchase items without paying non-member fees by entering their email address prior to checkout.http://www3.samsclub.com/newsroom/Press/1580

Edit: it may be online only for the no extra fee not positive though since at the beginning it states you'll be able to buy 100s of items at the member prices so it just those specific items or all items?

I'd really like to know this... I've always heard this and this would kinda shy me away from going.
I went to one at lunch (willow Grove PA), they didnt charge me the usual extra % for the holiday guest pass, but they also didnt have the cheaper next gen games :(

Still waiting for someone to post proof that they got Forza 5 at this price before I go rushing off to Sam's.

Both stores I've checked out in (Cuyahoga Falls & Oakwood OH) have Forza at the normal price. AC4/BF4/FIFA/Madden are the ones I consistently see at 34.98. My wife got Ryse for 34.98 because the employee put the wrong copy (instead of AC4) in her bag when she checked out, and NFS for 34.98 because a single copy was marked at that price (the rest were all full price, and it rung up at full price) -- the manager overrode it before paging out to electronics to obviously yell at someone for pricing that XB1 insert the same as the 360s. :)

Thanks again OP. :)

No luck at my local Sam's, I may check later.

I did, however, get a Wii U Pro Controller for $15.  I've read about that deal here before,  but my Sam's was keeping them around $40.  I've checked a couple of times, and today was the first time the controller was discounted.  My sam's seems to be a little behind.

Well that was a waste of time. My Sam's had 1 PS4 game, ACIV, and a crapton of Xbox One games. I don't have an Xbone, but I took the Madden copy to a couple people to ask them (I asked politely) to double check the price and all of their responses were "I think the price of this game is pretty obvious." Stuff like that really pisses me off... you got nothing better to do. Everything was $54.98. Really, really crappy game selection. Dunno why they had 15 copies of every Xbone game, but 0 PS4, no Vita, no Wii U... oh well. Just felt like ranting to myself.

Well that was a waste of time. My Sam's had 1 PS4 game, ACIV, and a crapton of Xbox One games. I don't have an Xbone, but I took the Madden copy to a couple people to ask them (I asked politely) to double check the price and all of their responses were "I think the price of this game is pretty obvious." Stuff like that really pisses me off... you got nothing better to do. Everything was $54.98. Really, really crappy game selection. Dunno why they had 15 copies of every Xbone game, but 0 PS4, no Vita, no Wii U... oh well. Just felt like ranting to myself.
Where is your Sam's Club?

Edit: Shit. I'm not going to get a chance to go until Sunday. How long will this sale last, anyone know? I'm a Sam's Club member, so that's not an issue.

Best Buy will price match if there's a Sam's Club in your area.

Here are some pictures that might help with the price match.

(not my twitter)

pic.twitter.com/wei8i6GWNM

pic.twitter.com/Fo2ZdhRBhX

Also, I don't normally ask this, but the only game I am looking for is Madden 25 on PS4, and if you read my earlier posts you'll see that I had no luck - so if anyone happens to see another copy of this at their Sam's since mine is full of lazy d-bags, I would gladly appreciate it if you picked one up and I could pay w/ PayPal immediately.

I have no clue how to post pics from my iPhone on here? I took at picture last night at work of the prices in the Erie, PA club, they have them featured as soon as you walk in the door. AC4, Just Dance, BF4 all 34.98 and Ghost is 49.98 all Xbox One. I did scan AC4 on PS4 and that was scanning 34.98 as well.

[quote name="Ribbercage" post="11369477" timestamp="1387576335"]I have no clue how to post pics from my iPhone on here? I took at picture last night at work of the prices in the Erie, PA club, they have them featured as soon as you walk in the door. AC4, Just Dance, BF4 all 34.98 and Ghost is 49.98 all Xbox One. I did scan AC4 on PS4 and that was scanning 34.98 as well.[/quote]any maddens for ps4

Managed to pick up copy of AC4 for PS4 at Sam's. Only PS4 game on sale though.
That's funny. So my Sam's club had NO PS4 games on display. But they had Xbox One AC4 for sale so I took it to Customer Service. they opened the cabinent and had a ton of PS4 games. So I got AC4 on PS4 for $35. Also my store only had Battlefield 4 and AC4 on sale all the others showed full price. Is that correct?

bread's done
Back