NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='AK85']Well they sure as hell don't need to worry about my team
the Rams :oops:
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say you're right about that.

Embarrassingly enough, I have Gus on my fantasy team...motherfucker netted me negative five points.

MUAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

This guy in my fantasy league didnt start Adrian Peterson yesterday!

MUAHAHAAAH.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Sorry to say you're right about that.

Embarrassingly enough, I have Gus on my fantasy team...motherfucker netted me negative five points.[/quote]

It been a few years since the Rams have had an O-Line that wasn't all patched together, so hopfully they take someone high in the draft to fix that problem.

I started Kurt Warner this week in my fantasy league..... -1.5 points :roll:

and to top it off I have Tomlinson and Jones-Drew who had huge games this week, and I am still going to lose

[quote name='AK85']It been a few years since the Rams have had an O-Line that wasn't all patched together, so hopfully they take someone high in the draft to fix that problem.

I started Kurt Warner this week in my fantasy league..... -1.5 points :roll:

and to top it off I have Tomlinson and Jones-Drew who had huge games this week, and I am still going to lose[/QUOTE]

:lol: I have LT, too, but I still might lose.

The only way I'll win is if I am somehow able to have Stallworth's points from the game yesterday, even though I added him either during or afterwards.

Tom Brady Wes Welker and MJD alone pretty much crushed my opponent this week.

So unless Plax can give this guy 50 points in the NYG's game tonight I am pretty much set.

My problem is that all my RB keep getting fucking injuired. I am down to only MJD.

ARGH!!! Now I have to find replacements from 2 RB and 2 WR who were inuried last week.

[quote name='Soodmeg']MUAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

This guy in my fantasy league didnt start Adrian Peterson yesterday!

MUAHAHAAAH.[/QUOTE]

The guy I played did. :whistle2:(

I've got Plaxico, Derrick Ward and Shockey. Hopefully they pull me out of the gutter tonight.

I started Santana Moss.. man, he sucked. -2 points.

[quote name='red flare graf']The guy I played did. :whistle2:(

I've got Plaxico, Derrick Ward and Shockey. Hopefully they pull me out of the gutter tonight.

I started Santana Moss.. man, he sucked. -2 points.[/quote]

What did Moss have....2 fumbles right?

Derek Anderson has been a great pick up for me. I started the year with Marc Bulger and JP Losman. Ugh.

Now I have Derek Anderson starting and Brian Griese backing up and they are both putting up excellent numbers.

[quote name='red flare graf']
I've got Plaxico, Derrick Ward and Shockey. Hopefully they pull me out of the gutter tonight.[/quote]

I hope so, I win $30 if they can win by at least 4 :D

[quote name='Soodmeg']What did Moss have....2 fumbles right?[/quote]
Nah, that was their RB.

Moss dropped a couple big passes (pretty much all of them...) and he tipped a ball that became an interception. He should've stayed on IR ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Nah, that was their RB.

Moss dropped a couple big passes (pretty much all of them...) and he tipped a ball that became an interception. He should've stayed on IR ;)[/QUOTE]

He did get a fumble, and he didn't catch a single ball. Guy benched himself. He's pretty much the reason why the Redskins lost, there was a lot of potential yardage there. Charles Woodson was on fire, he scooped that fumble up and ran it for like 60 yards.

I feel bad for the guy.

Why does Cinni always struggle? They seem like they always have a good team but can never put anything together.

I think Chad Johnson will request a trade in the up coming years...I am sure he will want to go to a winning team.

[quote name='red flare graf']He did get a fumble, and he didn't catch a single ball. Guy benched himself. He's pretty much the reason why the Redskins lost, there was a lot of potential yardage there. Charles Woodson was on fire, he scooped that fumble up and ran it for like 60 yards.

I feel bad for the guy.[/quote]

What's ironic is he's been their big play-maker all this time WITH those deep balls. He probably just had a bad day, just like both offenses :roll:

What pissed me off in that game was that the Pack defense kept leaving Cooley open.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Why does Cinni always struggle? They seem like they always have a good team but can never put anything together.

I think Chad Johnson will request a trade in the up coming years...I am sure he will want to go to a winning team.[/quote]

I think it is because of the nonsense on and off the field. Ever since Chad Johnson wanted to "give them a show" and put on the HOF jacket, the team has been less than focused.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think it is because of the nonsense on and off the field. Ever since Chad Johnson wanted to "give them a show" and put on the HOF jacket, the team has been less than focused.[/quote]

Or it could be that they cant get through a season without 20% of their players being arrested. :lol:

It is kind of aggravating that most "exciting" teams this year are playing like shit.

I'm also kind of sad about how shitty the 'Phins are because it makes the rivalry I have with my friend meaningless.

Not that sports rivalries actually have meaning anyway. :lol:

[quote name='Azumangaman']Prime example: Daunte Culpepper. Although, hes not that unbearably horrific in Oakland.[/QUOTE]

No Culpepper was having an unbelivably bad season before he got hurt. Losing Moss was what set him downhill

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Not that sports rivalries actually have meaning anyway. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Shit talking is an American pastime, just like football.

I can't believe the Giants are going for a 4-2 record tonight which would be the second best record in the NFC. I was hoping for 4 wins TOTAL this year after the horrible off-season they had.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Man. The Pats are just sucking out my interest in the NFL this year.[/QUOTE]
Maybe its the lack of a worthy adversary that is becoming boring? The NFL wanted parity... They got it. Except for the Pats and Colts, the rest of the league is equally worthless.

[quote name='dafoomie']Maybe its the lack of a worthy adversary that is becoming boring? The NFL wanted parity... They got it. Except for the Pats and Colts, the rest of the league is equally worthless.[/QUOTE]

Colts are overrated. Pats are gonna take it all this year. The Pats will fall apart in 4-5 years though and be the suck of the NFL for years to come. Just like the 49ers were.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Colts are overrated. Pats are gonna take it all this year. The Pats will fall apart in 4-5 years though and be the suck of the NFL for years to come. Just like the 49ers were.[/QUOTE]

The circle of life, you can't be on top for ever.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Colts are overrated. Pats are gonna take it all this year. The Pats will fall apart in 4-5 years though and be the suck of the NFL for years to come. Just like the 49ers were.[/quote]Just in time for the Browns to circle in and become dominant.

Yes.

[quote name='daroga']Just in time for the Browns to circle in and become dominant.

Yes.[/QUOTE]

The Browns are looking decent this season unlike past season's when they looked like the Browns.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Colts are overrated. Pats are gonna take it all this year. The Pats will fall apart in 4-5 years though and be the suck of the NFL for years to come. Just like the 49ers were.[/quote]

That doesn't even make sense as an opinion.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That doesn't even make sense as an opinion.[/QUOTE]

......................................You.............make......no sense...........................

[quote name='pimpinc333']The Browns are looking decent this season unlike past season's when they looked like the Browns.[/quote]It's starting to gel a little bit this year. Ironically, the offense is really heating up (able to have both a running and passing game most of the time) and the defense is what's looking questionable. In years past, the defense was the only thing keeping each game from being a 100-0 shutout. The defense would make some amazing stop, offense 3-and-out, rinse and repeat.

At this point I'm not counting them out of being in the playoffs at the end of the season, but I'd be happy with just a .500 or better season.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Colts are overrated. Pats are gonna take it all this year. The Pats will fall apart in 4-5 years though and be the suck of the NFL for years to come. Just like the 49ers were.[/QUOTE]
I'm not even comparing the two, but the Colts are clearly better than any other team in the league besides the Pats. Everyone else is a pretender, with the possible exception of Pittsburgh, and they're clearly on a lower level than those two.

The level of talent in the NFL sucks leaguewide except for a couple of teams.

[quote name='pimpinc333']......................................You.............make......no sense...........................[/quote]

I just don't understand what else they could do. They are the defending champs and they are undefeated. What do you want them to do? Defeat Al Qaeda?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just don't understand what else they could do. They are the defending champs and they are undefeated. What do you want them to do? Defeat Al Qaeda?[/quote]

Manning would just come out of the 3rd quarter and destroy their base.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Manning would just come out of the 3rd quarter and destroy their base.[/quote]

:lol:

Someone needs to do a Bob Sanders Facts ala Chuck Norris Facts.

[quote name='dafoomie']Maybe its the lack of a worthy adversary that is becoming boring? The NFL wanted parity... They got it. Except for the Pats and Colts, the rest of the league is equally worthless.[/quote]

I agree with that.

The problem is that teams always seem content to hire sub par players.

The Pats and the Colt (though I hate the colts) do one thing and one thing only.

That replace talent...with equal or better talent. They actually search for the highest level of talent at all their positions. Not only that...they convince these talents to sign on with them for less money....promising that being part of a system that wins is far better than yet another million dollars and being on a crappy team. Through the Draft or through free agents they find a way to get the best talent to fit their roles.

Pats say...we lost Corey Dillion...we will get a better running back in Moroney (sp) Colts lose Edge....they go out and get a better running back in Addai.

Most teams lose a super star and seem to be fine with just waiting around and hoping that a better talent will come. Top teams go out and find better players.

I bet my friend 10 bucks the Pats will go undefeated. I know it seems ridiculous, but I don't see anyone beating them, theyre a machine. The only good teams they're playing the rest of the season are the Colts and Steelers, and you know Tom is going to bring his A game against those two.

I like how no one cares about Reggie Bush anymore. After just one year....Reggie Bush as already fallen off the highest level of hype.

He can pretty much thank Adrian Peterson for that.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I like how no one cares about Reggie Bush anymore. After just one year....Reggie Bush as already fallen off the highest level of hype.

He can pretty much thank Adrian Peterson for that.[/quote]

The fact that Reggie Bush can't be a power runner and is only REALLY effective running to the sides is a negative. LT and Adrian Peterson can pull it off, maybe it's the O line....:whistle2:k

On another note, the Patriots WILL LOSE. THEY WILL. I.....JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN :(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The fact that Reggie Bush can't be a power runner and is only REALLY effective running to the sides is a negative. LT and Adrian Peterson can pull it off, maybe it's the O line....:whistle2:k

On another note, the Patriots WILL LOSE. THEY WILL. I.....JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN :([/QUOTE]

I think the Pats will lose game 15 or 16 only because up to that point they will be undefeated and will be resting there starters for the playoffs :D

[quote name='Soodmeg']I like how no one cares about Reggie Bush anymore. After just one year....Reggie Bush as already fallen off the highest level of hype.

He can pretty much thank Adrian Peterson for that.[/QUOTE]

I bet the hype would still be there if the Saints didn't suck balls.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I think the Pats will lose game 15 or 16 only because up to that point they will be undefeated and will be resting there starters for the playoffs :D[/quote]

The Pats will continue to destroy everyone, but will lose the AFC Championship game to some team they're heavily-favored against (Jacksonville probably) ala the Minnesota/Atlanta NFC Championship game ten or so years ago.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Colts are overrated. Pats are gonna take it all this year. The Pats will fall apart in 4-5 years though and be the suck of the NFL for years to come. Just like the 49ers were.[/quote]First off, it's clear the Pats are the top team in the NFL. But overrated? Are they even being paid any attention to? The Pats have been on such a role that it's hard for any other team to get any credit.

Colts lost their two starting CBs, the leading tackler at LB last year (June), their starting weak-side LB (Morris), starting DL for the season (McFarland), and a key back-up in Rhodes in the running game. So essentially, their current defense is a patchwork defense of unproven guys thus far.

They're beating teams that are put in front of them just like the Pats in the toughest division in football. How is that overrated? Overrated is if they're favored over the Pats from what we've seen so far and they clearly are not that.

BTW, the Colts have the second youngest team in the NFL.

[quote name='2Fast']The Pats will continue to destroy everyone, but will lose the AFC Championship game to some team they're heavily-favored against (Jacksonville probably) ala the Minnesota/Atlanta NFC Championship game ten or so years ago.[/quote]
If they meet the Packers, the Packers will pull off the upset ;) (Superbowl....:D)

[quote name='2Fast']The Pats will continue to destroy everyone, but will lose the AFC Championship game to some team they're heavily-favored against (Jacksonville probably) ala the Minnesota/Atlanta NFC Championship game ten or so years ago.[/quote]

Yuck... thanks for bringing that horrible taste back in my mouth. That pissed me off to no end. The Vikings should have won that game.

I bet it didn't leave as bad an aftertaste as the 41-0 pasting the Giants put on them. I still can't believe that they got beat as bad as they did in that game.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I agree with that.

The problem is that teams always seem content to hire sub par players.

The Pats and the Colt (though I hate the colts) do one thing and one thing only.

That replace talent...with equal or better talent. They actually search for the highest level of talent at all their positions. Not only that...they convince these talents to sign on with them for less money....promising that being part of a system that wins is far better than yet another million dollars and being on a crappy team. Through the Draft or through free agents they find a way to get the best talent to fit their roles.

Pats say...we lost Corey Dillion...we will get a better running back in Moroney (sp) Colts lose Edge....they go out and get a better running back in Addai.

Most teams lose a super star and seem to be fine with just waiting around and hoping that a better talent will come. Top teams go out and find better players.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Moss signing for less money this year is a great example of that. I think the Pats are going to be good for as long as Brady plays. He seems to be the one indispensable part.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I bet it didn't leave as bad an aftertaste as the 41-0 pasting the Giants put on them. I still can't believe that they got beat as bad as they did in that game.[/quote]

More bad memories. I try to forget them:cry:

Well, guess the good news is we beat the Bears this year.

[quote name='dafoomie']Maybe its the lack of a worthy adversary that is becoming boring? The NFL wanted parity... They got it. Except for the Pats and Colts, the rest of the league is equally worthless.[/quote]
No, it's that they've been hyped so much as the best team in the league since the draft that it makes watching anything seem pointless.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, it's that they've been hyped so much as the best team in the league since the draft that it makes watching anything seem pointless.[/QUOTE]
They are the best team in the league.

What bothers me is the lack of talent across the board in the NFL... Its like how the NHL was right after expansion, there are too many teams and not enough good players. Even Dallas has scrubs like Roy Williams starting.

bread's done
Back