NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='craven_fiend']Welker may not be an ideal #2, but he is a nice compliment to Moss. After all, he did lead the league in catches, correct? Not saying he is great, or a solid, #2, but he works in New England. Though, they will probably go after someone else. And if they don't, they still have Jackson, though he's still yet to prove himself.

WTF, why did the Bucs trade for Griese?[/quote]

Welker was damage at #3 no one could cover him in the interior.. you move him to #2.. you lose him much like Randle El in Washington

The Bucs are needy at QB..it sucks for Simms because he was decent..

Norwood is pretty good, but he's the small speed threat. I would have liked the McFadden draft, but I think I might like this move better. Assuming he doesn't blow a couple of ligaments in the preseason.

Also like the addition of Hartsock. Falcons have made a couple of good signings, I'm shocked.

Look for Jake Long or Matt Ryan in April going to Atlanta, although a Long/Woodson draft would make me very happy.

[quote name='craven_fiend']WTF, why did the Bucs trade for Griese? Add to it, that the Bears were going to cut him soon and it makes it even more stupid.[/quote]

Looks like they've got a thing for surprisingly decent, old, back-up QBs.

Stallworth wishes he was as good as Welker but he's not a bad fit in Cleveland since they can slide JJ to the #3 where he'll be more than solid. Big target who's always been good in th red zone but I wouldn't want him as my #2.

[quote name='DJSteel']Welker was damage at #3 no one could cover him in the interior.. you move him to #2.. you lose him much like Randle El in Washington

The Bucs are needy at QB..it sucks for Simms because he was decent..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Welker is so 1D. 5 yard slant - 5 yard out - 5 yard slant. Thats all he did. Now there is no 2nd deep threat, Moss will will doubled all day long. Look for Moss's numbers to be no where near 07's.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Looks like they've got a thing for surprisingly decent, old, back-up QBs.[/quote]

Sure they only gave up a late round pick to get him, but some good players can come from the lates rounds. And had they waited a few more days, all he would have cost was cash and not picks.

I am just hoping for something big from the Bucs, as we really need to address our WR core or CB in free agency, and the other in the draft. Hopefully something big is being put together behind the scenes.

[quote name='klwillis45']Julius Jones is visiting Detroit. I sure dumbass Millen will sign him.[/quote]

You know he will, so that way he can have a dynamic Jones duo. Well without the dynamic part.

How that man has kept his job for this long is beyond me.

Moss apparently turned down a more lucrative deal from the Eagles.

That'd be a very deadly combo of Moss and McNabb (Who still has something left). Add Curtis as your #2?

I can't really remember the off-season being this busy.

[quote name='DJSteel']LMFAO.. The Browns, especially in the past, have had the talent..0 SB..[/QUOTE]

To this day my parents hate John Elway for constantly beating the Browns during the post season in the 80s and keeping them from the Superbowl. His name isn't even mentioned, it's just "that horse-toothed jackass".

Wow some team was dumb enough to actually GIVE us something for Greise? He actually did a decent job for them a couple years ago when Simms went down. So I guess at QB we're going Grossman, Orton, ???

[quote name='Chitown021']Wow some team was dumb enough to actually GIVE us something for Greise? He actually did a decent job for them a couple years ago when Simms went down. So I guess at QB we're going Grossman, Orton, ???[/quote]

Might look at a QB in Free Agency or draft in later rounds somebody who is NFL ready like Booty or Henne.

[quote name='DJSteel']Steelers signed Mewelde Moore..[/quote]
Enjoy him. Moores a fast guy. A perfect compliment to Najeh Davenport, even though Parker is probably good to go again.

Moore is still awesome and vastly underappreciated.

the next two seasons will be rough for the Steelers..

on Defense
they don't have the same linebackers as they once did, Woodley looks good, but Timmons hasn't shown anything... right now the starters are Harrison, Foote, Farrior, and Timmons and Woodley will duke it out for the 4th spot..
their DL is full of defensive tackles.. Aaron Smith is up there in age..

on Offense
their OL is weak at best.. Marvel Smith is their best OL and he gets beat on by speed rushers..no one else has stepped up..
their WRs severely fall off after the 2nd receiver..

I hope they get a (DL or WR) and OL in the free agency.. then address depth and the missing spots in the draft..

imo they should try to develop a 4-3

Several mocks I've see had Brian Brohm falling out of the 1st round. Favre may change that, though if Cromartie is still around he still seems more likely to me based on TTs track record.

That Sucks. Favre was the only player left in the NFL since I started watching Football in 1992 :( ( FYI I know there are still them old ass kickers and punters but to me they don't count :D )

ahh dammit, I really wanted Favre to come back, but if it is true he is mentally tired, then it is best to call it quits before he implodes on the football field.

Ahh man, my mom was promising that she would bring the whole family to Lambeau field if Favre did come back.

[quote name='klwillis45']Several mocks I've see had Brian Brohm falling out of the 1st round. Favre may change that, though if Cromartie is still around he still seems more likely to me based on TTs track record.[/QUOTE]

no way they would get another QB that high, that would crush any chance that Rogers would have and I could see it upsetting some of our young kids on the team. I could see a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick being used (and they should also get a veteran backup) but no way they grab a QB in the first two rounds.

well u got to remember that the current staff didn't draft rodgers, but i think there's a possibility of drafting of qb with one of their first 3 picks. I think a great fit for them with be Joe Flacco out of Delaware in the 2nd round.

I'm guessing they take Cromartie if he's there and don't get a QB til after the 3rd, if at all.
It wouldn't shock me to see them forego a QB in the draft & resign Nall and pick up Rattay or Carr.

I think Aaron Rodgers will actually be a pretty good QB, even though I understand the Tedford regime of Qb's hasn't produced winners ie; Akili Smith and Kyle Boller.

The thing I find funny in this whole 'Favre love-fest' is the guy had a past. I always liked Favre but it's weird to see in Sean Taylor's death they brought up his 'past' but no word about Favre being addicted to pain killers.

[quote name='klwillis45']I'm guessing they take Cromartie if he's there and don't get a QB til after the 3rd, if at all.
It wouldn't shock me to see them forego a QB in the draft & resign Nall and pick up Rattay or Carr.[/QUOTE]

Train wreck... hopefully no one touches him for about a year or so. Let him go to the CFL and build his confidence back up.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I think Aaron Rodgers will actually be a pretty good QB, even though I understand the Tedford regime of Qb's hasn't produced winners ie; Akili Smith and Kyle Boller.

The thing I find funny in this whole 'Favre love-fest' is the guy had a past. I always liked Favre but it's weird to see in Sean Taylor's death they brought up his 'past' but no word about Favre being addicted to pain killers.[/QUOTE]

and david carr as a tedord QB

[quote name='H-Town Info']and david carr as a tedord QB[/quote]

Tedford was at Fresno State? Really? Damn, just thought that guy was a QB coach at Oregon then went to Cal.

Finally Favre's reign of terror in the NFC North is over. Let the Aaron Rogers era begin...

Seriously congrats on a great career. As a Bears fan I hated Favre since he was a Packer but also respected him for the ridiculous plays he could make on the field.

Wow. Brett Farve was one of the best QB's ever. Did you guys see his stats? Gheeze.

Sad to see him go, just hope Green Bay doesn't win another super bowl or he'll regret it. Sucks.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Javon Walker to the Raiders. So sad he's not a Cowboy :(

I think the Raiders really overpaid for this guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277219[/quote]

when do the raiders not overpay any guy. i wonder if Al Davis is MIchael Dolan's inspirtation.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Tedford was at Fresno State? Really? Damn, just thought that guy was a QB coach at Oregon then went to Cal.[/quote]

he is Cal's coach. Kyle Boller and i think Akili Smith are two other failed Jeff Tedford projects.

edit: just read up on him. He played 2 years at Fresno.

and his track record with QBs is up and down...ranging from Trent Dilfer to Aaron Rodgers.

Damn Brett Favre like Michael Jordan is a guy you just want to watch. Win or lose.

Man, its going to be really hard getting used to and NFL with a #4 in Greenbay.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Bears resigned Marty Booker for a 2 year deal... oy....[/quote]

That's just great... We lose Berrian & Moose and replace them with Booker?

BRILLIANT! :bomb: Right now I think Olsen is the best WR on the roster and he's the frickin' TE!

Good lord these fans that they're interviewing from Green Bay are morons! Jeez you'd think Favre died or something. "I woke up, was depressed, and cried for awhile..."

[quote name='Chitown021']Good lord these fans that they're interviewing from Green Bay are morons! Jeez you'd think Favre died or something. "I woke up, was depressed, and cried for awhile..."[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you, knowing that Aaron Rodgers is now your QB?

Oh wait, you're a Bears fan.

My only concern about Rodgers is his ability to stay healthy throughout the season. He's performed well on the field, but for some reason he gets injured within a week of playing a game or during it >.>

bread's done
Back