NFL 2007 Season Thread

300h.jpg

Tedy Bruschi just signed an new deal with the Pats.

:applause:

[quote name='Chitown021']Bears resigned Briggs but let Berrian go to the Vikes...[/QUOTE]

As sad as I am to see Berrian go, I'm overjoyed that Briggs is still around. If Urlacher's neck gives him any sort of serious problem, Briggs is the guy who can step up and be the star. Best move of the off-season for them so far.

On a side note, I would have liked to see Chicago possibly sign a new defensive tackle ala Marcus Stroud, but I'll be happy with some free agency offensive linemen.

Jets overpaid for Faneca.. maybe they get a good season out of him...but I doubt it especially since he had such a horrible season last year...

oh and the 49ers should be happy with Justin Smith.. he is a quality pass rusher..

[quote name='DJSteel']Jets overpaid for Faneca.. maybe they get a good season out of him...but I doubt it especially since he had such a horrible season last year...

oh and the 49ers should be happy with Justin Smith.. he is a quality pass rusher..[/QUOTE]

Every FA is overpaid. Besides the money that you hear they get is not always what they wind up getting.

I think the reason why he might have had such a bad season last year was the fact that he knew he was being shown the door at seasons end.

[quote name='Chitown021']I saw "Moose" signed with the Panthers again. Watch the Bears sign castoff QB David Carr....[/quote]

I'm not sure how I feel about having Moose back here. He was a good mentor for Steve Smith several years ago so I'm hoping he can do it again. I can't imagine any team signing Carr, at least this off season. He played like a broken man last year, falling down in a fetal position at any slight hint of pressure. Carr might still be able to play but I think he is still in shellshock from being in Houston.

[quote name='Blitz']Every FA is overpaid. Besides the money that you hear they get is not always what they wind up getting.

I think the reason why he might have had such a bad season last year was the fact that he knew he was being shown the door at seasons end.[/quote]

Steelers never gave up signing him..he gave up on the offers..he wanted big money.. the Steelers offered him around 6.5 a year for 4 years.. I'm not mad he left, although he didn't play last year like he deserved 40 mil.. He could make that Jets offensive line really strong but I haven't seen him play good since the SB year..

[quote name='Azumangaman']WE HAVE BERRIAN!!!!!
YESSSSSS!
I was screaming and jumping around for a good 5 minutes when I heard.
fucking amazing.[/quote]

you still need a qb to get him the ball..

YESSSSSS!
fucking amazing.[/quote]

He's a playmaker but he had a bad case of the drops last year.

YESSSSSS!
fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]

And we still have Briggs and he ain't going nowhere... that should instill some fear into you Vikes.

[quote name='DJSteel']Jets overpaid for Faneca.. maybe they get a good season out of him...but I doubt it especially since he had such a horrible season last year...

oh and the 49ers should be happy with Justin Smith.. he is a quality pass rusher..[/quote]

Justin Smith, ain't no pass rusher my man. He's a run stuffer primarily, but we don't need to stop the run. We did an above average job at that during the season, with Patrick "Brick Wall" Willis and Manny Lawson. We need a pass rusher, basically Justin Smith cancels out the retirement of Bryant Young.

YESSSSSS!
fucking amazing.[/quote]

Welcome to Troy Williamson part deux.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Moss and Culpepper have been in talks to reunite somewhere that will take both of them. Headed back to the Vikings? That would be great.[/quote]

that would be awesome to see with the running game they already have at Minnesota. Maybe they'll do better in the playoffs.

I dont know why Moss would NOT want to go back to the Pats. At this point in his career, he doesnt really care about money, all he wants is a championship. And the Patriots still have one of the best chances to go to the superbowl for the 2008 season.

#1 - Justin Smith averaged around 6-7 sacks a year in a LB concentrated defense.. not to mention he was only talent in that front seven..

#2 - Berrian is a decent deep threat.. better than Williamson.. but he'll look a lot like Williamson without a QB that can sling the rock like Grossman..

[quote name='DJSteel']#1 - Justin Smith averaged around 6-7 sacks a year in a LB concentrated defense.. not to mention he was only talent in that front seven..

#2 - Berrian is a decent deep threat.. better than Williamson.. but he'll look a lot like Williamson without a QB that can sling the rock like Grossman..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Tavaris Jackson IMO is terrible. A 2nd String QB at best. He can't toss the long ball and when he can/will Berrian will just drop it anywho :D

Also a little info on Moss:

"Moss is frustrated that the Patriots haven't been more proactive in offering him a long-term deal." - ESPN

Thats why he could be looking else where.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. Tavaris Jackson IMO is terrible. A 2nd String QB at best. He can't toss the long ball and when he can/will Berrian will just drop it anywho :D

Also a little info on Moss:

"Moss is frustrated that the Patriots haven't been more proactive in offering him a long-term deal." - ESPN

Thats why he could be looking else where.[/quote]

Mortenson just reported that Favre is pushing hard for Moss or Shockey.

Shit, Jennings,Driver,Moss? Pats of the NFC

[quote name='becuzimbrown']i swear to god, if anybody makes a 300 reference......[/quote]

Madness????

I'm not sayin' that Berrian is gonna suck balls like Williamson, but Berrian's very one-dimensional.

I'd give Jackson another year, his arm strength isn't their yet. He doesn't need to win games though.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Mortenson just reported that Favre is pushing hard for Moss or Shockey.

Shit, Jennings,Driver,Moss? Pats of the NFC[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think Green Bay needs another WR. They had one the best WR groups last year.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']i doubt Shockey will go anywhere else. Jerry Reese wants him to stay.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why anyone would want Shockey. He runs his mouth and can never back it up.

EDIT: I take that back. He is a good player, I just dislike him for all the smack talking he does. :D

Giants won't miss Shockey...

I doubt GB would get Moss.. although it would be hilarious if his signature TD dance if he did go to GB was the moon to the crowd.. it could turn into the People's Elbow of the NFL..

[quote name='DJSteel']I doubt GB would get Moss.. although it would be hilarious if his signature TD dance if he did go to GB was the moon to the crowd.. it could turn into the People's Elbow of the NFL..[/QUOTE]

Then Jim Ross would jump in on commentary just to scream:

THE PEOPLE'S MOONING THE PEOPLE'S MOONING BYGHAWD ITS THE PEOPLE'S MOOOOOOONING!!!!!!!

:rofl:

[quote name='Demolition Man']Then Jim Ross would jump in on commentary just to scream:

THE PEOPLE'S MOONING THE PEOPLE'S MOONING BYGHAWD ITS THE PEOPLE'S MOOOOOOONING!!!!!!!

:rofl:[/quote]

GOOD LORD!!! RANDY MOSS, the 6'5" PHENOM.... A DESPICABLE HUMAN BEING!!!!

[quote name='pimpinc333']I honestly don't think Green Bay needs another WR. They had one the best WR groups last year.[/quote]

They don't need another WR, but it wouldn't hurt em'. Look at the Browns.

[quote name='ph33r m3']They don't need another WR, but it wouldn't hurt em'. Look at the Browns.[/quote]

huh?? The Browns only have Edwards and Winslow.. Jerivicius isn't that good..

[quote name='DJSteel']huh?? The Browns only have Edwards and Winslow.. Jerivicius isn't that good..[/quote]

Donte' Stallworth?

[quote name='ph33r m3']Donte' Stallworth?[/quote]
Yeah, the Browns have a downright scary arsenal of receivers. I would definitely trade (but as a Vikings fan, I'll take just about anyone) receivers.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yeah, the Browns have a downright scary arsenal of receivers. I would definitely trade (but as a Vikings fan, I'll take just about anyone) receivers.[/quote]

Add to the fact they got Shaun Rogers, have a potential SB caliber team.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Add to the fact they got Shaun Rogers, have a potential SB caliber team.[/QUOTE]

IMO it doesn't matter who the Browns got. The whole team falls on Derek Anderson's shoulders. Did he have a fluke year or not. We all shall see :)

[quote name='ph33r m3']Add to the fact they got Shaun Rogers, have a potential SB caliber team.[/quote]

LMFAO.. The Browns, especially in the past, have had the talent..0 SB..

Moss just a got a ton easier to cover.. without Stallworth or someone of that caliber as the #2.. people can focus on Moss.. If the Pats are smart they will go after another WR, Welker will never work as a #2..

[quote name='DJSteel']Moss just a got a ton easier to cover.. without Stallworth or someone of that caliber as the #2.. people can focus on Moss.. If the Pats are smart they will go after another WR, Welker will never work as a #2..[/quote]

:rofl: Did you even watch any Pats games??

[quote name='DJSteel']Moss just a got a ton easier to cover.. without Stallworth or someone of that caliber as the #2.. people can focus on Moss.. If the Pats are smart they will go after another WR, Welker will never work as a #2..[/quote]

Welker may not be an ideal #2, but he is a nice compliment to Moss. After all, he did lead the league in catches, correct? Not saying he is great, or a solid, #2, but he works in New England. Though, they will probably go after someone else. And if they don't, they still have Jackson, though he's still yet to prove himself.

WTF, why did the Bucs trade for Griese? Add to it, that the Bears were going to cut him soon and it makes it even more stupid.

bread's done
Back