NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='dafoomie']Game of the year, what a game. Officiating sucked.[/QUOTE]

It certainly was a nerve wrecking game to watch that's for sure. One for the ages indeed.

[quote name='Demolition Man']It certainly was a nerve wrecking game to watch that's for sure. One for the ages indeed.[/quote]

Nerve wrecking is a HUGE understatement...I think that was the most stressed out I've been in a LONG time.

I'm just so glad the Pats won...so glad. :drool:

[quote name='Demolition Man']Dear God the next few minutes are going to make me a nervous wreck.[/quote]

You do realize it is only one game that in the grand of things means nothing. It's not a playoff game, and the Pats and Colts will be in the playoff no matter what.

Sheeeet, if anything, this'll make the AFC Championship game even better.

Colts better go into that game hungry as fuck.

[quote name='hootie']Quieted all the fucking haters. Good.

Karma what? Bitches.[/quote]
I still hate the Patriots. You ain't quieting me down, fuck the Patriots, and once the Colts get Marvin Harrison back, fuck the Patriots again.

In other news, the Packers give another heart-attack performance. 7-1, damn, can't wait for them to meet up with the Cowboys. I really wanna see where they stand. Their fken secondary keeps fucking up, especially Atari Bigby, wtf with his PI's and poor coverage?!? At least Charles Woodson redeemed himself in the game.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You do realize it is only one game that in the grand of things means nothing. It's not a playoff game, and the Pats and Colts will be in the playoff no matter what.[/quote]

And they'll be playing on the Pat's field, thats why the game was so important.

Good game by the Pats. They really shored up the offensive line in the second half. That was a hell of a game (though I was hoping for more scoring).

I think these kinds of losses are harder to take as a fan since there were plays and points left on the field. Honestly, I was expecting the Colts to be blown out, but at least I come away thinking the Pats aren't miles ahead of them (though they are against the rest of the league). Excecution wasn't near as crisp enough for the game to be won.

Bellichick looked nice(r) though in the polo and jacket. Can he not come off as an ass even in a win, though. I know that's his normal post-game routine of seemingly blowing off the other coach, barely uttering a word and not having eye-contact, but for a team with such a likeable QB and players (love Vrabel) I can't stand Bellichick.

Enjoy the win Pats fans.

Ok, I missed my Vikings play but HOLY SHIT Adrian is the man. He did a helluva job today. Actually, he's had an unreal season for a rookie.

Yes! Cleveland beat Seattle in overtime. I didn't want to believe until the Browns could beat a good team, and they did.

Im surprised no one is talking about Peyton's poor sportsmanship after the game. He puts on his helmet and mopes on the sidelines. You know if it was the other way around and Brady did that everyone would be attacking him saying how horrible of a person he is.

The Browns go 33-30 over Seattle in OT! WOW! What a game! A stop on 4th and 6 inches in OT to get the ball and then a 38 yard screen pass to Lewis. Yowsa!

They've won 3 in a row now... where'd these guys come from?! ;)

[quote name='Filbert']Yes! Cleveland beat Seattle in overtime. I didn't want to believe until the Browns could beat a good team, and they did.[/quote]

:applause:

I thought it was bad news when Seattle won the coin toss at overtime. The defense showed up on time though....

Wow...That's awesome! GO BROWNS!

[quote name='fieldkillah']Im surprised no one is talking about Peyton's poor sportsmanship after the game. He puts on his helmet and mopes on the sidelines. You know if it was the other way around and Brady did that everyone would be attacking him saying how horrible of a person he is.[/quote]:lol:peyton's always got that look when they lose or he throws an INT. I didn't notice him stay on the sidelines after the game, though. I thought he still went to the middle and shook hands, etc.

If we're talking about sportsmanship, I'd like to throw out Colvin spiking it at the 50 yard line after the fumble recovery. Or maybe someone could be offended by the Pats inciting/mocking the crowd as the Pats were kneeling down.

I'm glad a loss didn't go to Dawson's missed extra point. He's too awesome to have that on him.

I gotta find my wife a Dawson jersey for Christmas. She loves him ;)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']:lol:peyton's always got that look when they lose or he throws an INT. I didn't notice him stay on the sidelines after the game, though. I thought he still went to the middle and shook hands, etc.

If we're talking about sportsmanship, I'd like to throw out Colvin spiking it at the 50 yard line after the fumble recovery. Or maybe someone could be offended by the Pats inciting/mocking the crowd as the Pats were kneeling down.[/quote]

I don't see any of that as poor sportsmanship, their fans were loud for most of the game while the Pats were on offense, and I never agreed with the no spiking rule.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Oh, shit...I just noticed the Chad Johnson injury. I hope he's ok. He's fun to watch with his antics.[/quote]

Yea, I caught that earlier. He is fun to watch, he's like the Deion Sanders of today :lol:

[quote name='fieldkillah']I don't see any of that as poor sportsmanship, their fans were loud for most of the game while the Pats were on offense, and I never agreed with the no spiking rule.[/quote]Well, yeah, it's a matter of personal viewpoint, but I think it's pretty classless. I never see a reason for players to get into it with the fans ('cause there's some stupidity out there, take for instance the Palace Brawl).

That spike was really unwarranted. You made the play. It just feels like you're showing up the whole fanbase when you do it on the 50 yard line on the logo.

[quote name='hootie']Quieted all the fucking haters. Good.

Karma what? Bitches.[/quote]

Yeah I still hate that Patriots, I'm just glad Belichick decided to put on a nice shirt rather than his trash hoodie with nothing under it.

Hey Cris Collinsworth, how about you watch the game before you go off saying "the Colts did everything they could do, but still came up short". It's not as though they even came close to playing a perfect game at full strength. Ugh. This was exactly why I was hoping for a Pats' loss. The cocksucking of the Pats will now go unchecked.

Edit: Holy shit at that Lions DT INT and return for a TD!!!! Big man had the stiff-arm and the dive at the end!!!!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey Cris Collinsworth, how about you watch the game before you go off saying "the Colts did everything they could do, but still came up short". It's not as though they even came close to playing a perfect game at full strength. Ugh. This was exactly why I was hoping for a Pats' loss. The cocksucking of the Pats will now go unchecked.[/QUOTE]
CBS was the Colts Ballwashing System in the 1st half.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey Cris Collinsworth, how about you watch the game before you go off saying "the Colts did everything they could do, but still came up short". It's not as though they even came close to playing a perfect game at full strength. Ugh. This was exactly why I was hoping for a Pats' loss. The cocksucking of the Pats will now go unchecked.

Edit: Holy shit at that Lions DT INT and return for a TD!!!! Big man had the stiff-arm and the dive at the end!!!![/quote]I love Shaun Rogers.

[quote name='dafoomie']CBS was the Colts Ballwashing Service in the 1st half.[/quote]

More like throughout the whole game until Brady->Moss inside the 5.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']

That spike was really unwarranted. You made the play. It just feels like you're showing up the whole fanbase when you do it on the 50 yard line on the logo.[/quote]

two are in the endzone, sorry

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey Cris Collinsworth, how about you watch the game before you go off saying "the Colts did everything they could do, but still came up short". It's not as though they even came close to playing a perfect game at full strength. Ugh. This was exactly why I was hoping for a Pats' loss. The cocksucking of the Pats will now go unchecked.

Edit: Holy shit at that Lions DT INT and return for a TD!!!! Big man had the stiff-arm and the dive at the end!!!![/quote]
They did come up short because the defense sputtered in the 4th quarter. They gave up two big passes that lead to two TD's, and they weren't putting the pressure on Brady as much. The Patriots won because their defense made at critical points most of the time, and the Colts could have won by at least 14 if they had capitalized on those drives into the Red Zone.

In the end, it just showed how even both teams are. Brady can get all the records in the world, but it doesn't matter how you win - just that you win.

Didn't see what Manning did afterwards, but can Belichek be more of a dick to other head coaches?

And going back to Brady, he really needs to buy Moss a car or something, because I'm sure he wouldn't be putting up these numbers without him. Must be nice to have a tall deep threat.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']In the end, it just showed how even both teams are. Brady can get all the records in the world, but it doesn't matter how you win - just that you win.

Didn't see what Manning did afterwards, but can Belichek be more of a dick to other head coaches?

And going back to Brady, he really needs to buy Moss a car or something, because I'm sure he wouldn't be putting up these numbers without him. Must be nice to have a tall deep threat.[/quote]

I saw him brush off Dungy, then I saw the attitude the Patriots had towards the fans, and thought wow, no respect.

Until this season, I never realized how tall Randy Moss is compared to the DBs/Corners that cover him :eek:
I was surprised when he tipped and missed some of the easier passes, which should've been intercepted, I dunno how they missed those.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I saw him brush off Dungy, then I saw the attitude the Patriots had towards the fans, and thought wow, no respect.[/QUOTE]
The Colts weren't flexing and dancing around after every play? Did one of them not draw a heart with his hands and stab it? If TO or Chad Johnson do that after a TD, they probably get fined.

By the way, best wishes to Chad Johnson. Silliness aside, he's not a bad guy.

[quote name='dafoomie']How about that fake crowd noise skipping late in the game?[/QUOTE]

I suspect we'll hear something by tommorow with an explanation to the effect of "our audio processing machine lagged which caused an audio glitch that made it sound like it was a crowd loop." :lol:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']In the end, it just showed how even both teams are. Brady can get all the records in the world, but it doesn't matter how you win - just that you win.[/quote]Thank you. That's what I wanted to get across.

As for the celebrations, I don't think what Jackson did (drew a target and punched it, not a heart) is so much showing a team up as what Colvin did. I'm fine with him dancing or whatever else he does, but I don't see a reason to spike it deliberately on the other team's logo.

As for Collinsworth's statement, I took that as him meaning that was the Colts' best game. It was a good effort with the guys available to them, but it was neither the full team nor was it consistent for a whole game.

BTW, Polian needs to learn how to say "Patriots". The way he says it is quite irritating. "PAY-TREE-YACHTS" with strong emphasis on the last syllable. Very odd.:lol:

that was one hell of a game! pats won this one but we will met again in afc championship game and we all know what happened last year with that.

[quote name='dafoomie']CBS was the Colts Ballwashing System in the 1st half.[/quote]ESPN/CBS/FSN was and will be the Pats Ballwashing System the rest of the year.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Pats players did as much as Colts players did, you aren't going to win that arguement.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I just did, because that was my argument. Thank you.

The AFC Championship will be a WAR. All this decided is where it takes place.

[quote name='dafoomie']How about that fake crowd noise skipping late in the game?[/QUOTE]

That is what it was? Thought it was something wrong with my cable. If true that is at least as bad as taping coaches IMO. Something tells me the Colts won't be giving up a first round pick though.

[quote name='dafoomie']Actually, I just did, because that was my argument. Thank you.

The AFC Championship will be a WAR. All this decided is where it takes place.[/quote]

thinking like that gets teams into trouble...I really don't think the Pats and Colts should think that they so far above anyone else in the league...they both didn't look that great tonight...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']ESPN/CBS/FSN was and will be the Pats Ballwashing System the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

a well deserved ball washing system

Did anyone just catch the cheap shot from #77 on the Eagles? That was totally uncalled for, he should've been ejected for that shit. He coulda left J. Jones with a serious injury.

[quote name='JJSP']Screw the Patriots, go Browns![/QUOTE]

Screw the Browns. They already fucked the Cowboys out of Darren McFadden.

Bastards.

Oh baby Vikings blew away Chargers.
AP Is MY SAVIOUR.
Honestly, I really don' t care about the Colts and or Pats. Because the Vikings won, thats all that matters to me.
But, both teams are amazing.

bread's done
Back