NFL Suicipoolooza! Congratulations to WhamBamm as the BIG WINNER!

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Welcome to the NFL Pool. We are now officially open for business. Week 10 will close on Saturday, November 11th at eight PM EST. See post three for official rules and prizes.

Week 10 Games
NY Jets at New England
Washington at Philadelphia
Cleveland at Atlanta
Kansas City at Miami
Green Bay at Minnesota
San Francisco at Detroit
Buffalo at Indianapolis
Baltimore at Tennessee
Houston at Jacksonville
San Diego at Cincinnati
Denver at Oakland
Dallas at Arizona
St. Louis at Seattle
New Orleans at Pittsburgh
Chicago at NY Giants
Tampa Bay at Carolina

You must choose a team before eight PM EST on Saturday, November 11th!

Congratulations to WhamBamm! This Years NFL Pool Winner!

Whambamm - Philadelphia Eagles - New Orlean Saints - Baltimore Ravens - Dallas Cowboys - Chicago Bears - San Diego Chargers - New Englans Patriots - Bye - New York Giants - Indianpolis Colts

See how the pool progressed below.

Results for Week 1
Results for Week 2
Results for Week 3
Results for Week 4
Results for Week 5
Results for Week 6
Results for Week 7
Results for Week 8
Results for Week 9
Results for Week 10

Hope to see you next year!

Welcome to the Admiral's NFL Suicide Pool. The rules are simple. If you played last year you know the basics. If you haven't played before, you'll pick it up. I have added a couple new features though to hopefully prolong the game.

*** NFL Suicide Pool Rules ***

This is all done at my whim and leisure and I can alter rules or prizes anytime I want. I don't plan to, but sometimes the unforseen comes up and I need to be flexible. This will be a fair and fun pool where everyone gets equal opportunity. Please don't take this too seriously. Not to mention, there's always the Admiral's Money Back Guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the way this pool is run, you get your money back. Of course, to join is free, so you.... You get it.

How do I join?

Anyone can join in open enrollment that will end at noon on Thursday, September 7th. That's the day of the first game in the season. To join, all you have to do is post your team to win for that week. Remember, Open enrollment ENDS on September 7th at noon. No new players will be accepted after that.

How do I play?

Simple. Each week pick a team to flat out win its game. That team must win. If they lose, you're out. You may only pick a team once! Once you pick you're team, you cannot pick them again until the end of the season. That's it. So, if you pick New England in game one, you may not pick them again in games two through sixteen.

What about the playoffs?

This is where things can get tricky. But I really don't expect a bunch of players to survive to this point. But if they do....

The game will play as usual with a reset. So if you picked New England during the regular season, and they make the playoffs, you may pick them again once during the playoffs. But only once.

If there are less players than teams in the playoffs, we go to head to head rules. Once a team has been picked, no one else may pick that team. First come, first served. Again, the rule applies that if you picked a team once already in the playoffs you can't pick them again for the rest of the playoffs.

But hopefully no one will reach the playoffs.

What if everybody is eliminated in the same week?

Let's say three players are left by week ten and they all lose. We want a winner, right? So we'll call it a whammy and let them carry over to the next week until one is left standing. There can be only one. If somehow multiple players make it to the superbowl, we'll figure out a way to split up the prize pack, but I don't expect that happening.

What's new?

This year I want to try something a little different. We'll add a bye week. In the words of Spider-man, "Everybody gets one."

Basically, instead of picking a team, you use your bye. It gives you a week off. It's also a safety net. If you forget to get a pick in on time, your bye will be automatically used. But you only get one! You can use it at any time during the regular season. If you lose a game, and you haven't used it yet, a bye cannot save you.

When do picks need to be in?

Generally picks will be due by the early morning before a game is to be played. Usually that's late Saturday or Early Sunday. An exact date and dealine will be posted. Like the one for entry into the pool. That deadline is September 7th at noon! Picks that are late do not count! So get your picks in! If you miss one deadline and you have a bye it will be used automatically. Otherwise, you're out.

Feel free to change your pick at any time you want up until the deadlie. Once the pool is closed for that week, all picks will be finalized. But if on Monday you pick Green Bay and on Thursday you decide to go with Philadelphia, that's fine. I would prefer you edit your post to mark the change.

All picks should be made in this thread. Please do not PM me your pool picks.

I will be very strict with deadlines for fairness!

*** "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" ***

This years prizes will include...

Because I have everything boxed up due to moving, I can't get at everything right now. But I think I have something for every system excluding the 360 and the NDS. And that may change. Everything I do have is new and sealed. If I'm recalling from memory this years prize pack will include...

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 (PS2); THUG2 (PSP); Pirates (Xbox); Resident Evil 4 (GC)
prize1.jpg

Gun Sword Vol 1 w/ Box; Smallville Season 4; Paranoia Agent Vol 1; Funimation Preview Disk w/ first two episodes of Samurai 7; Fruit Basket Preview Disk.
prize2.jpg

Donkey Konga Jungle Beat w/ Bongos (GC); Freedom Force vs the Third Reich (PC); Advanced Wars (DS); Legend of Zelda: Minnish Cap (GBA)
prize3.jpg

*** Last Words ***

So that's it. Get your picks in, don't pick the same team twice, and remember you have one bye week. Couldn't be simpler. And don't forget that at any time I can change or cancel things since this is being run at my whim. But I don't plan to and probably won't.

Good luck!

*just using my first post to keep track of which teams I have used so far :) *

Eagles
Colts
Chiefs
Bye
Chicago
San Diego
Denver

[quote name='DT778']^ you should have seen how great that strategy worked was last year. ;)

Ill take the bye for now.[/QUOTE]

Cardinals will be a playoff team this year. SO I think my pick is safe.

I love it, everyone is taking Seattle, and they're about to lose their second straight game at Ford Field!!!

I'll take the Patriots, and I'm still sad I missed last year.

I will take the bye. I got burned early last year (I think I took the Panthers and the fucking Saints rolled us up). After week one things will become a little easier to predict.

week 1 - arizona
week 2 - bye
week 3 - washington
week 4 - atlanta
week 5 - minnesota
week 6 - pittsburgh
week 7 - philly

Its a good thing people aren't locked into their picks as soon as they make them. I'll wait until the preseason is over before I even attempt to make a pick.

Hell last year, half the field was out in the first week, thanks to so much faith in the Rams.

bread's done
Back