NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

Hit the right trigger in your player hub to access mail. If there's nothing there, he probably didn't invite you yet.

Since I guess this is the official thread, how's everyone's offline Be A Pro going? I'm a sniper center for the Manchester Monarchs (LA Kings) and I was promoted to the 2nd line after 7 goals in 5 games. I'm now sitting on 9 goals and 1 assist after 6 games. 2 of those goals were empty netters, though. My team is 4-2.

[quote name='Matt Young']Hit the right trigger in your player hub to access mail. If there's nothing there, he probably didn't invite you yet.

Since I guess this is the official thread, how's everyone's offline Be A Pro going? I'm a sniper center for the Manchester Monarchs (LA Kings) and I was promoted to the 2nd line after 7 goals in 5 games. I'm now sitting on 9 goals and 1 assist after 6 games. 2 of those goals were empty netters, though. My team is 4-2.[/QUOTE]

I suck in the "Be a Pro" mode, I am a power forward left wing for the WBS Baby Pens and I have 2 goals and 2 assists in 10 games and I think my team is 3-7. When you play do you play with line changes or is your guy out there the whole time?

I can play the game fine without my hard drive in but then when I put it back in, i get the message of unreadable disk clean it soft cloth and restart system, should I delete all saves and nhl09 profiles and see, not sure b/c this never happened before?

[quote name='ajh2298']I suck in the "Be a Pro" mode, I am a power forward left wing for the WBS Baby Pens and I have 2 goals and 2 assists in 10 games and I think my team is 3-7. When you play do you play with line changes or is your guy out there the whole time?[/QUOTE]

I play with line changes. I used the second option where I'd control even my replacement for the first 2 games, but for the last 5 I've played since, I use the default (authentic) option where I sit on the bench when my line's not out there.

Trying to connect to a game is balls right now. Sean, Ninjapenguin, and I waited a few minutes before getting a match. Finished, tried finding another, and after 15 minutes, nothing. Damn it.

I'll be back on around 9 Pacific, after I play my Madden league game.

[quote name='Costa']it seems I keep getting the dirty disk error and it says to clean the disk with a soft cloth, this is my 2nd copy and not sure what the problem is, I know that my other games work fine but 2 copies of nhl09 not working, what are the chances[/quote]
i have the same problem too... frustrating

[quote name='AK85']I had a ton of fun last night playing with a full team, but I just wanted to give props to Apathy for shutting down 3 people in that shootout we had to get us the win. :)[/quote]

Haha thanks. I'll be sending invites to you other guys here shortly. I just got home from work so it'll be a few minutes.

[quote name='oppie1']i have the same problem too... frustrating[/QUOTE]

Duh, shouldve looked in here first about this issue... Here is what i posted in another thread on cag

Nope, you're not the only one. I started getting the issues this afternoon after loading in a playlist for the custom music. I've found a few things on the web about it, including the EA site, regarding the issue and all suggest to 'clear the cache', which I believe would also clear any updates/patches to any other games you may have. Updates only, not saved games.

Thread: **Official** Freeze Problems
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....art=0&tstart=0

NHL 09 XBOX 360 Disc Read Error Solution - Clear the cache
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....88138&#4188138

Ok I just sent invites to those who requested it. If you still need an invite, just send me a text message to my XBL gamer tag and I'll add you in between games.

We are getting ready to start up some games, so if you want to play meet up in the dressing room.

Do I have to wait until I actually play a game for my player to be attached to my spot in the club? Or am I missing the obvious option for that?

Do you mean listed on the club's roster, or listed at a certain position?

Also, Pure Apathy made me a co-captain so I can help handle invites. I'm available quite often, so hopefully having more than one person handling these things will ensure that things go more smoothly.

You should be listed as soon as you accept the invite, but EA's servers have been slow. For example, the game keeps track of our team's wins and losses, but the record still reads as 0-0-0.

So I noticed that I can only have one Be a Pro player, so I picked a center for the career mode because that's more fun for me, but how does that affect the online version of my player?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So I noticed that I can only have one Be a Pro player, so I picked a center for the career mode because that's more fun for me, but how does that affect the online version of my player?[/quote]

Honestly, it doesn't much. You pick your position before every game with the club.

Man. I've tried to play four online team play games tonight and each time the damn game froze up on me.

Cleared the cache, but still freezing up. Perhaps I should hang tight until a patch comes out.

[quote name='Wpark83']Honestly, it doesn't much. You pick your position before every game with the club.[/quote]
Okay, wasn't sure if the position was locked to the player or not. Thanks for the quick answer.

Nah, it allows you to choose (first come, first serve) before each game. For instance, I played a game where another CAG was a center and he chose first. I ended up as a winger. It's actually better that way, I think. Gives you a chance to try out different positions.

Can you select any of the available camera angles when playing online in this mode or are you stuck with the "be a pro" camera?

I can't say with 100% certainty since I haven't tried to change it, but I am almost positive that your choices are limited to Be A Pro, high or low.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just checked and you have all of the normal camera options.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: I like how everyone just checks everybody they can as soon as the whistle blows.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah. Reminds me of NFL Blitz on the N64.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I have created a user group for our team:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=112

Hopefully they fix the joining of games soon. We waited around in the lobby forever trying to join games.

Last night made me realize how long it had been since i played a console hockey game. After I thought about it I think the last version I played on a console was 2002. I need to try and get used to things again.

It's awesome they fixed all the stat tracking problems. It looks like we are currently in Division 18. Now I feel like when I play online I am actually working toward a specific goal. If anyone wants to play this afternoon let me know, I will be playing some single-player BAP.

[quote name='cgarb84']It's awesome they fixed all the stat tracking problems. It looks like we are currently in Division 18. Now I feel like when I play online I am actually working toward a specific goal. If anyone wants to play this afternoon let me know, I will be playing some single-player BAP.[/quote]

i should be on by 4 oclock est to play

You can also go to the club rankings section and see how we rank against other teams in our division. We really need to work on passing more and shooting more. The numbers for those two stats really stuck out to me.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']You can also go to the club rankings section and see how we rank against other teams in our division. We really need to work on passing more and shooting more. The numbers for those two stats really stuck out to me.[/quote]

we had a tough game last night with the watterworth clan...

i have to admit, sometimes i was losing my guy in the piles.

[quote name='striker199']So can I get an invite? I thought you pick a position and are locked in at that spot[/QUOTE]

You don't pick a position for your guy when you create him and get locked in that spot, though I thought that as well. Everyone selects a position before each game.

Yeah I need to start passing better in the offensive zone....last I checked I led the club with goals, but only had one assist...can't do that as a center.

I'm on... i see a lot of CAG's playing, but no one has checked into the locker room... I'll be there, ready to play

Gillums and I were in a game when you sent me a message, and unfortunately I'd already decided to take a break >.>; We did pick up two wins though :D

When we have a full bench of 6 and the opponents aren't fielding a goalie, it's best to drop the game >.>;;

I'll be on at 11EST. I have to finish watching Psych with the wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
In theory thats a good idea but when you cant find another team for awhile you should just play. Or just play with 5 people and ask the other team if they are going to control the goalie then you control the goalie

We just got our 10th win! LOL. 10-39 record overall. We won 6-0, and all 3 of us human players (myself, Pure Apathy, and icecreamandcows) got 2 goals a piece.

bread's done
Back