NHL 2007 Season Thread

20 minutes of hockey from the Pens making it officially in the finals... after the game 4 crap from the flyers... Im glad to see the game play out like this

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Pens going back to the stanley cup! Sweet![/quote]

Woot, I didn't catch the game on TV but I saw that they demolished the Flyers. Next up, Detroit!

[quote name='zman73']If the Pens win it in 6, they'd have to do it in Philly... I think they will win it in 5... other than a bad first period, they played decent for the situation (Philly wanting to avoid an sweep)... although to see the Pens do it in front of those Philly fans would be pretty sweet

... the funny thing is, in basketball... Im a sixers fan so I can understand the towns mentality to a point... as the 83 sixers title was the last this town has seen[/quote]

I was talking about this series coming up. Not the Flyers series.. i figured they would win yesterday...

Well, I just saw that Melrose picked the Wings to beat Pittsburgh in the finals, therefore guaranteeing a Penguins Stanley Cup win. Thanks, Barry, for your kiss of death.

Melrose hates the Pens.. he hasn't said much about them since the beginning of the playoffs.. During the highlights he points out the other teams mistakes and how they had guts and heart.. but no real positives about the Pens..

[quote name='DJSteel']Melrose hates the Pens..[/QUOTE]

The Mullet usually doesn't say too many positive things about the Wings either. He was passed over for the Wings head coaching job years back.

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's about [censored] time it starts. Sad we have at max 7 games of hockey left in the season. :([/QUOTE]

Well... summer is for going out anyway... then football starts back up... its not too bad... a Pens win would make the summer a lot nicer

I hate summer... I hate football. The ONLY thing I have to look forward to is the A/C unit I'm going to buy, not even my b-day can make the summer better.

Cant take the heat....fix your ac unit. Just a word of advice from a maint repair man. Get different "free" quotes. They can and will take you for a ride. If they say it is the unit watch them change it.

Actually tell me what its doing and I'll give you free advice. Its probily a small part. Since you wouldn't know that they will get you to replace the whole thing!!!!

Anyways. GO PENS. Make a 3rd period comeback!!

Melrose allways talks shit about the pens. I don't care what he says.

Go Wings! Great game--although I thought the disallowed goal was going to get them again. How many is that in the playoffs now that have been disallowed?

Looking forward to game two.

The Wings came out with a strong performance after a bunch of stupid penalties in the first. Great to see them shake off another phantom interference call that cost another opening goal. Although the one against Dallas was even worse than this one. At least this time Homers stick actually touched the goalie. The one against Dallas was the worst call I'd seen this playoffs.

Sammy getting hot really helped balance Franzenstein not playing for the sixth straight game. Fluery was ok most of the way and Ozzie stood on his head a few times when they really needed him to early.

Zetts and Datsyuk playing against Crosby and Hossa/Malkin is playing almost even and the rest of Detroit lineup played far better. Rafalski and Kronwall played fantastic on the backend all night. The last half of the game was Red Wings hockey at its finest. An elaborate game of keep away on ice.

I watched a handful of Stanley Cup Finals games back in the late 90's when I was eager to ingest anything sports related. Now, as an adult with many more interests and a lot less free time, I rarely ever watch a full baseball or basketball game (football's another story) unless it's the playoffs. And I never, ever liked hockey before.

I had watched a couple Kings games this season with a friend who is a die-hard fan, but didn't get too interested. Then, while watching the NHL Network stoned one morning a couple months ago, something clicked. I didn't watch any hockey after that, but I've been keeping up with stuff.

I watched game 1 of the Finals and played 5 games of NHL 08 Saturday. I went from hating hockey to really enjoying it. I'm way late to the party, but fuck it. I'm supporting Pittsburgh in the Finals since one of my best friends is a Pens fan, born and raised in Pittsburgh. But I guess if I become a regular follower of the sport next season, I'll have to adopt the Kings or Ducks as my team. So yeah, Kings.

Good stuff Matt. Enjoy the playoffs.

Playoff fans will get some laughs from a thread over at Wings board I hang at. http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50526&st=0

uy9l5.gif

Guys, I was at the game on Saturday with my brother-in-law. Got tickets off Craig's List. I got lucky while I was taking an mpeg during the last goal that Zetterberg got. So flippin' awesome. Osgood had better get the MVP.

Well, the poor sportsmanship was evident tonight. A couple cheap shots on Franzen, and a run at Osgood late in the game. We'll see what happens in Pittsburgh on Wednesday...

the wings played a good game. I agree with the shot of Franzen it was a cheapy. But the hit on osgood was nothing. Barley touched his arm and he fell down like he was stabbed in the gut! The wings are just closing everything down. If I was the pens couch I'd have crosby malikn and hossa on a line. Then stall mallon and roberts.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Osgood should consider and acting career, he's good at that apparently... Although, Sykora is a little bitch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I don't like sykora.

I do want to see Larock and rutu bust some more heads though.

The stanley cup finials need more fights. They don't do anything in the finial. If it worked during the season....Get were im going with this???......Roll some heads. Put some bodys on people. Make em hurt come game three. Make it so their arms cant shoot the puck.

And yes sucker punch em when the refs not looking. I mean skate by going for a line change and bam take that one and get on the bench like nothing happened.

I think the Red Wings should have to play a man short for one period in the next game. That might even things out a bit.

[quote name='evanft']I think the Red Wings should have to play a man short for one period in the next game. That might even things out a bit.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the pens fans and playing at home can make the pens get a little bounce in their step. They just can't get the puck to settle down. Thir panicking and just throwing the puck away instead of looking and making tape to tape passes. Their trying to force it to much. Thats what rookies and young ins do. Thats why it hurts to not have a couple old timers on the team. If you look gonchar and roberts are playing like they normally do. They are clam and playing their postition. The other guys are all over the place. Play your spot. Do your role and it will work. Malone is off his game crosby and malkin and forcing the issue. The coach is mixing up the lines. play like you did in the reg season. Its what got you here. Don't worry about oh my god its the finials we can't make a mistake. Do what you do. play your game ( yes i know i need to be behind the bench)

The wings are playing very well in their postition they are not jumping from here to there. Just staying in their zone.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Thats just making personal now!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOU REDWINGS AND YOUR CRAZY SQUID THROWING FANS!!!!!!!![/quote]

Octopus.

Yeah those stupid things TOO!

Im mean really who smuggles a octopus into a hockey game in their underware. Thats just strange. Then you guys cheer them on when they pull said octopus from underpants swing it around and get ass juice in your face. Then they proced to throw underware octopus on the ice so a poor miminum wage worker now has to pick it up and dispose of it. Thats just strange.

How and why did that come about any ways????

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Yeah those stupid things TOO!

Im mean really who smuggles a octopus into a hockey game in their underware. Thats just strange. Then you guys cheer them on when they pull said octopus from underpants swing it around and get ass juice in your face. Then they proced to throw underware octopus on the ice so a poor miminum wage worker now has to pick it up and dispose of it. Thats just strange.

How and why did that come about any ways????[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Octopus

Well, this game is over. The Wings are just standing around and are getting outplayed in every aspect of the game. Typical game 3 letdown.

If they don't get their power play going, I think they lose the series.

Yeah the boys were a step slower all night. Seemed every pass that they needed ended up in someones feet instead of on the tape. The pens played a good game and earned that game.

[quote name='Plinko']Well, this game is over. The Wings are just standing around and are getting outplayed in every aspect of the game. Typical game 3 letdown.

If they don't get their power play going, I think they lose the series.[/QUOTE]

Bets game of the series tonight, made even better by Pittsburgh winning. Also, Don Cherry sported the pimpest jacket EVER after the game. Apparently, he's worn it before, as this pic is old:

cimg0290gj9.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']Bets game of the series tonight, made even better by Pittsburgh winning. Also, Don Cherry sported the pimpest jacket EVER after the game. Apparently, he's worn it before, as this pic is old:

cimg0290gj9.jpg
[/quote]

the canadian muppet...

More info:
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=e353567d-ab15-4c74-9080-2421502be665

He apparently crossed the center line at a bend on a highway, and hit a tractor trailer head on, went right under it. He hadn't owned the bike long and his inexperience may have contributed to the crash.

You can be perfectly safe on a motorcycle, but if I stood to make millions of dollars as an athlete I would not take any unnecessary risks. Still, he bought a really fast bike and didn't know how to handle it, thats a disaster waiting to happen for anyone.

[quote name='dafoomie']You can be perfectly safe on a motorcycle... But he apparently had only owned it for 2 days, his inexperience is probably why he lost control and crashed.[/quote]

motorcycles are dangerous in general.. even if you aren't driving one...the problem is even if you are a careful driver, everyone isn't and there is always a chance..

[quote name='DJSteel']motorcycles are dangerous in general.. even if you aren't driving one...the problem is even if you are a careful driver, everyone isn't and there is always a chance..[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to get too off topic, but I agree. It's even worse here in California, where laws allow motorcycles to share lanes with other vehicles and they often speed in between lanes to get ahead of traffic.

Why this would be allowed still baffles me, but I guess I was used to the way shit worked in Illinois, where bikers weren't afforded such a dangerous luxury.

Wow, lots of discussion on tonight's game.

If Detroit holds on to win, Jiri Hudler's first and only goal of the Finals will end up being the most important in the series.

bread's done
Back