NHL 2007 Season Thread

lol, hmm... I quote comes to mind. "It's not that we did anything wrong it's that the other team did everything right". Rangers a bit old, a bit slow, a bit suck less than NJ, and finally... a bit too much of a placeholder team. Oh, and Poor Jagr no luv in Pits.

Jarkko Ruutu: 2 Minutes for Holding Jaromir Jagr
Evgeni Malkin: 2 Minutes for Interference of Jaromir Jagr
Jordan Staal: 2 Minutes for Holding Jaromir Jagr

This game should be 3-2 Rangers already but It's going OT.

Rangers > Sharks btw.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

Rangers > Sharks btw.[/quote]

: shrugs : Don't really care, just stating the facts in what I saw this whole Pit/Ny series

The only two teams right now that are going to beat Pittsburgh is the Wings (for obvious reasons) and Philly with their momentum but It looks like Crosby might get a cup under his belt.

But I respect your opinion no matter how bad your taste is lol. Whatever team Jagr goes on next year I'll be cheering them on.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Jarkko Ruutu: 2 Minutes for Holding Jaromir Jagr
Evgeni Malkin: 2 Minutes for Interference of Jaromir Jagr
Jordan Staal: 2 Minutes for Holding Jaromir Jagr

This game should be 3-2 Rangers already but It's going OT.

Rangers > Sharks btw.[/QUOTE]

Give me a break... sometimes you take penalties to avoid being scored upon... better team won this series

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

But I respect your opinion no matter how bad your taste is lol. Whatever team Jagr goes on next year I'll be cheering them on.[/quote]

Observation has nothing to do with taste... Like Zman said, the obviously better team won. lol

Haven't seen much of Pittsburgh this year because I'm a Wings fan (thanks for the worst schedule ever, Bettman), and I'm surprised at how good they look. I think the finals is going to be excellent this year--no matter which teams make the final.

The thing that worries me, though, is Bettman and his never-ending plan to make Crosby the poster boy of the NHL. To get Crosby a cup win already would be huge for the NHL. I just worry that Bettman may use any means necessary to get it.

I could care less who wins--if Pittsburgh wins, fantastic. I just want to see fair games called in the finals.

Right, so what was your favorite team again? The Sens? I'll be doing my part and shutting up now till next season like you should. I'm going to check in on the NBA board (The Celtics) and of course my baseball team (The Red Sox) unless you think the sharks are going to get past the Stars AND Red Wings. Adios.

Gee... Check post 283 dumbass, I already said they wouldn't go on. That's great you're going to look at the inferior sports but, I don't care other than you being a bandwagon fan apparently.

Welp, It's over... BOTH teams played great. I don't have anything negative to say other than the Wings will RAPE the SARS and I hope Morrow gets wrecked.

Good Job Sharks.

That 1st overtime was awesome.

Both conference finals should be entertaining. Hoping for a Wings/Pens final.

Hmm... after the last Sharks game, it's really let the air out of watching the rest. I'd like to see the SARS get fucking worked though.

Not one word about the Pens game one win... one step closer to the finals... good game by Malkin (I know being a Pens fan am a little biased, but he deserves the MVP for what he accomplished while the best player in hockey was injured this season)

Another big win for Detroit tonight.

Classy move by Ribiero two-hand slashing Osgood across the chest. I say let McCarty go straight for him next game, unless the league suspends him.

2 goals? What did the wings take the day off? I didn't get to see the game. :(

edit: Just saw the highlights, Aww... Ribitch skate much? lool

I can't wait to see the next Wings/Stars game. We might finally see a new rivalry in hockey. I miss the good days of Wings/Avs bad blood hockey. That is just what hockey needs to bring back fans. Well minus anyone's face getting crushed by a giant pussy.

By not handing out any suspension to Ribeiro the league has essentially said its ok to retaliate with a two handed slash. I'm not saying Osgood didn't provoke him, but his reaction was stupid. He should have dropped his stick and punched Ozzie.

I've never liked Ribeiro ever since he laid on the ice like he had been shot by a sniper rifle against the Bruins in a playoff game. He got up after the whistle and smiled at the Bruins bench. Video below.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU[/media]

[quote name='Kendal']I can't wait to see the next Wings/Stars game. We might finally see a new rivalry in hockey. I miss the good days of Wings/Avs bad blood hockey. That is just what hockey needs to bring back fans. [/QUOTE]

Also the ridiculous ticket prices at the Joe should be brought down. Way too many empty seats last Wings home game.

Did you know Ribitch played a tard in a movie too?

15mjmud.png

e8ml8m.jpg

I can't say it any better than TSN.

"DALLAS - This is how ridiculously good the Detroit Red Wings are playing: They lose the NHL's top scorer this post-season and their regular-season scoring leader steps up with the first hat trick of his entire career while one of his linemates scores a demoralizing short-handed goal."

That short handed goal was rediculously comical too. lool, oh man... BURN SARS burn.

Edit: Doug Wilson (gen manager) fired Ron Wilson (coach of SJ)... I'd like to fire Doug Wilson. Thanks

[quote name='TC']By not handing out any suspension to Ribeiro the league has essentially said its ok to retaliate with a two handed slash. I'm not saying Osgood didn't provoke him, but his reaction was stupid. He should have dropped his stick and punched Ozzie.

I've never liked Ribeiro ever since he laid on the ice like he had been shot by a sniper rifle against the Bruins in a playoff game. He got up after the whistle and smiled at the Bruins bench. Video below.
[/quote]

I was pretty upset that he only got a fine, too. Maybe because he's not a repeat offender?

:D

That bullshit disallowed goal gave the Stars the lead for the first time in the series. Turco played well. The Wings had a ton of other chances and didn't bury it. Only delaying the inevitable.

[quote name='TC']:D

That bullshit disallowed goal gave the Stars the lead for the first time in the series. Turco played well. The Wings had a ton of other chances and didn't bury it. Only delaying the inevitable.[/quote]

The refs were brutal last night (with the prime example being the disallowed goal) which made me think of the fact that if this game series in a sweep, the NHL doesn't get their national game on Saturday afternoon.

Pens in 6.. Detroit looks tougher than they are.. they didn't have to play Anaheim or San Jose..they are pretty old and I think while games 1 and 2 will be really close.. the end part of the series will be taken over by the youth and speed of the Pens... personally I love to see Philadelphia lose.. People wonder why Philly fans are so angry, it is because they have won anything in over 20 yrs...lol

Coburn AND Timonen may be back for Game 5.

Having them out was a huge blow, let's see how it goes if they get back.

They are two of our top 5 most important players.

[quote name='pittpizza']

What are your predicitons for the cup? Mine: Pens in game 7![/quote]

As a Wings fan, I think I agree. Wings are quick, Penguins are quicker. If the Red Wings can't come out and knock the Penguins around physically, I don't think they have a shot.

If Kronwall and Stuart are laying the big hits on Malkin and Crosby, the series outcome may be completely different. I just don't see it happening.

A Wings/Pens final will be very good. Bettman dream come true.

Without Franzenstein I give the Pens a slim edge on offense. Defense and goaltending both to the Wings.

[quote name='DJSteel']Pens in 6.. Detroit looks tougher than they are.. they didn't have to play Anaheim or San Jose..they are pretty old and I think while games 1 and 2 will be really close.. the end part of the series will be taken over by the youth and speed of the Pens... personally I love to see Philadelphia lose.. People wonder why Philly fans are so angry, it is because they have won anything in over 20 yrs...lol[/QUOTE]

If the Pens win it in 6, they'd have to do it in Philly... I think they will win it in 5... other than a bad first period, they played decent for the situation (Philly wanting to avoid an sweep)... although to see the Pens do it in front of those Philly fans would be pretty sweet

... the funny thing is, in basketball... Im a sixers fan so I can understand the towns mentality to a point... as the 83 sixers title was the last this town has seen

bread's done
Back