NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CheapyD']I'd just like to add that I am 4-0 in my last 4 games.[/quote]Well then you'd better look out, uh... *checks schedule*... me!

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd just like to add that I am 4-0 in my last 4 games.[/quote]

I hope Cheapy makes the playoffs so that he can show us his patented 4 and out.

And TJ, my take on one-timers is that they are totally legit with manual aiming and if someone doesn't like them, just get in the way of the pass or pull the guy down before he can shoot.

Very funny editting on the story. I think I preferred that over the real one.

i just realized that tonight was the last night to play your games. only two games weren't played:

Calgary @ Boston
New Jersey @ Colorado

i'll be simming these before i go to bed, probably in about an hour, so if anyone wants to play or inform me as to why they weren't played, please let me know.

otherwise, check out these scores:

Los Angeles 7, NY Islanders 1
Atlanta 4, Toronto 1
Philadelphia 2, Tampa Bay 1
Phoenix 7, Dallas 5
NY Rangers 7, Montreal 1
Detroit 5, Columbus 1
St. Louis 7, San Jose 0

a total of 49 goals in 7 games.

EDIT: i'm just going to advance the schedule tomorrow morning.

I thought the deadline was for Friday night? I contacted the NJ owner and got a response through PM here. Unfortunately, it was just out of the blue w/o giving me enough advance warning of when he'd be on.

I did just get back Monday evening from a very long plane ride and keep falling asleep anywhere and everywhere so I'll take the loss if you deem it right. I'm fully back in the league now though.

For future opponents, please refrain from contacting me throug the league site. I have been unable to log into that for the longest time now. And please give me a timeframe on when you can play as opposed to "are you on now let's play" type of thing. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I thought the deadline was for Friday night? I contacted the NJ owner and got a response through PM here. Unfortunately, it was just out of the blue w/o giving me enough advance warning of when he'd be on.

I did just get back Monday evening from a very long plane ride and keep falling asleep anywhere and everywhere so I'll take the loss if you deem it right. I'm fully back in the league now though.

For future opponents, please refrain from contacting me throug the league site. I have been unable to log into that for the longest time now. And please give me a timeframe on when you can play as opposed to "are you on now let's play" type of thing. Thanks.[/quote]
if you can play sometime tomorrow i'll hold off the one day, but i have to advance it by the end of friday night.

and yeah, i agree, please try to keep all PMs on this site, since i would imagine it's the one we all use most often.

no games were played today, so i advanced the schedule. here's the games for week 9:

Boston @ Atlanta
Calgary @ Tampa Bay
NY Islanders @ Colorado
Columbus @ St. Louis
NY Rangers @ Dallas
Philadelphia @ Detroit
New Jersey @ Los Angeles
Toronto @ Montreal
San Jose @ Phoenix

we almost made it through every game this week, maybe we can finally have a breakthrough in week 9.

i believe the play by date is sunday, 1/23, which means you have through saturday, 1/22 to play your games.

also, i noticed that the tie-breaker for teams with equal records isn't goals for or anything like that, it's actually alphabetical order. so, the best i can do is suggest that you try not to be tied with anyone when the league ends. sorry.

muhahahahahahahaha. atlanta. hahaha. hope that means team name and not your name or something. that is a horrid fate to possibly acquire.

[quote name='thatstoobad']also, i noticed that the tie-breaker for teams with equal records isn't goals for or anything like that, it's actually alphabetical order. so, the best i can do is suggest that you try not to be tied with anyone when the league ends. sorry.[/quote]

Man that sucks! But it's pretty funny too. Would it have been that hard to send the tiebreak to goals scored?

[quote name='TJordan522']Why does the title say locked?[/quote]

this thread will soon be locked because it is too large (over 500 posts). i guess i should have made a final post or something first. either way, please direct all caghl type stuff in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back