NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking...it would be cool if the winner of the league got a custom rank that indicated they were the champion or something.

Just an idea.

[quote name='Brad906']thatstoobad-has that guy taken the Devils yet? Or have any other spots opened up?

thanks,
Brad[/quote]
ajh2298 did sign in as the devils, so right now there aren't any open spots. that doesn't mean there won't be, though. i would imagine that a spot will probably open up at some point soon, so just keep checking back. i'll also let you know as soon as we do need a replacement, too.

I have been trying to play my opponent and something always comes up.
He said I could have the win but do not end the week until end of day today because I might be able to get a game in with him tonight.

Toronto BigMes vs Tampa Bay Gomer V1

these four games still need to be played:

Calgary @ San Jose
Dallas @ Colorado
NY Islanders @ New Jersey
Toronto @ Tampa Bay

i really don't want to sim four games, since that's just too many. three is a lot, but i can deal with that. if we could just get one more game played, i will advance the schedule. so see what you can do flybrione and gomer v1.

[quote name='bkrobson']I have not heard or seen SteveMcQ, not sure if we will get our game in.... i will try again tonight.[/quote]
yeah, i have a feeling that neither your game or the new jersey/islanders game will be played, since i guess participants are either out of town or just returning. certainly try, though. but if they don't get done, don't worry, they will be simmed with the appropriate people receiving the wins.

[quote name='zewone']thatstoobad- What is San Jose's username on here?[/quote]
meth already answered your question (it's CAG user "big dirty" XBL tag="eldirty"), but in future weeks, all the information regarding teams, CAG user names and gamer tags can be found in the first post of this thread.

i advanced the schedule, here are week 8's matches:

Atlanta @ Toronto
Calgary @ Boston
New Jersey @ Colorado
Detroit @ Columbus
Phoenix @ Dallas
NY Islanders @ Los Angeles
NY Rangers @ Montreal
Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia
St. Louis @ San Jose

please try and get your games in, guys. you have through thursday, january 13 (which means i'll be advancing the schedule early on friday the 14th).

also, i was thinking about it, and i'll probably put up some sort of prize for the winner of the season (which means the player who eventually wins the CAG cup), if we end up making it that far (and i'm certainly hoping we do). feel free to give me some ideas as to what the prize could be, though i would imagine it would end up being a GH/PH/PC game or some sort. i don't know, we'll see about that i guess.

Yes! I get to play Meth again. Lol. Of my 5 tournament and league games, three have been against Meth. At least we have good games. Things could be worse. I could have to play against TJordan. :p

Muhahaha.....

We meet again, but this time it's personal LOL

It's MY Montreal Canadiens vs those NY Rangers, no LeCavalier or St.Louis this time hahaha!

LeCavalier and St. Louis are nothing compared to the awesome Czech power of Jagr!

[quote name='METH']Muhahaha.....

We meet again, but this time it's personal LOL

It's MY Montreal Canadiens vs those NY Rangers, no LeCavalier or St.Louis this time hahaha![/quote]

[quote name='repetske']Yes! I get to play Meth again. Lol. Of my 5 tournament and league games, three have been against Meth. At least we have good games. Things could be worse. I could have to play against TJordan. :p[/quote]

Hey! Are you saying we have bad games? lol :p

[quote name='TJordan522']bkrobson, I play you this week. When is good for you? I would prefer sometime Friday after 6 or Saturday.[/quote]

Possibly saturday night. I will be on at least 2 or 3 nights in the next few days.

Hmmm...I just went online to play some ranked games and my record was 0-0-0. I still held my 500 rank though. Did this happen to anyone else? I noticed most of the people online had records with very few games too.

[quote name='TJordan522']Hmmm...I just went online to play some ranked games and my record was 0-0-0. I still held my 500 rank though. Did this happen to anyone else? I noticed most of the people online had records with very few games too.[/quote]
they reset the records every once in a while. this time they did it when the new year arrived.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']Hmmm...I just went online to play some ranked games and my record was 0-0-0. I still held my 500 rank though. Did this happen to anyone else? I noticed most of the people online had records with very few games too.[/quote]
they reset the records every once in a while. this time they did it when the new year arrived.[/quote]
It would be nice if they would keep cumulative stats for all games and yearly stats separately.

[quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='TJordan522']bkrobson, I play you this week. When is good for you? I would prefer sometime Friday after 6 or Saturday.[/quote]

Possibly saturday night. I will be on at least 2 or 3 nights in the next few days.[/quote]

Hey,

You weren't on tonight.
Can you play tomorrow day?

I have tried to contact my opp.(stevemcq), through the PM's on the ESPN league site with no response. Just wanted to post this to show I am making an effort to get the game in.

[quote name='ajh2298']I have tried to contact my opp.(stevemcq), through the PM's on the ESPN league site with no response. Just wanted to post this to show I am making an effort to get the game in.[/quote]make sure to use the PMs on the CAG site. messaging on the ESPN site will probably prove to be ineffective, as i don't think that everyone in the league checks that site often.

anyways, stevemcq has been gone for the holidays, but he said he would be back the first week of january. he's missed one game so far, so if he isn't back in time to play this one, i guess i'll have to replace him.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='TJordan522']bkrobson, I play you this week. When is good for you? I would prefer sometime Friday after 6 or Saturday.[/quote]

Possibly saturday night. I will be on at least 2 or 3 nights in the next few days.[/quote]

Hey,

You weren't on tonight.
Can you play tomorrow day?[/quote]

Not today because of work, but monday and tuesday I am off and we can play for sure if you are available.

[quote name='TJordan522']OK--Tuesday night would be best. What time is good for you? Is 8:00 cool?[/quote]

that should be ok, i guess that would be 6pm here in AZ...

[quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='TJordan522']OK--Tuesday night would be best. What time is good for you? Is 8:00 cool?[/quote]

that should be ok, i guess that would be 6pm here in AZ...[/quote]

OK cool--I will be on at 8:00 EST time.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can we get the Philly/Tampa Bay game reset?
We got served.[/quote]

oh no, they got served. :shock: (great south park episode).

you need to learn line dancing, fast.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='CheapyD']Can we get the Philly/Tampa Bay game reset?
We got served.[/quote]
done.

you just got f'd in the a.[/quote]

Thanks for resetting our game, kinda sucked that mid game, hell mid conversation, the stupid "dirty/damaged disk" error killed the game. Cheapy, I'll be on Wednesday night about the same time. Hopefully there wont be any problems this time.

Sorry to my opponent, just got back in the hemisphere. I'm available to play tomorrow during the day if you can and probably between 530-7 not sure on that though. Best bet is Thusday evening, but if that's too late, just let me know. PM me here. Sometimes I can't log into the ESPN site. (BTW, been gone a month...are these new fonts? Looks nice.)

Alright, I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't sign into the ESPN league site. Not in Firefox or IE. It just sits there on the sign in page regardless. Any help?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Alright, I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't sign into the ESPN league site. Not in Firefox or IE. It just sits there on the sign in page regardless. Any help?[/quote]

I remember a few months back I had the same problem, it ended up being that the site was down...

[quote name='TJordan522']bkrobson and I played our game. It was really close.

Story: http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/news.php?l=52196&n=16724[/quote]

I thought it was a good game as well, I can't get over those couple of one timers that were from beyond the top of the circle. :x Any goalie should have stopped those. but maybe thats just me being a sore loser. I would only expect a win after scoring 5 goals. :)

EDIT: is it wrong of me to be unhappy that 5 of 7 goals scored and 13 of 23 shots against me were one timers? am I wrong to feel this way? i need everyone's input.

[quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='TJordan522']bkrobson and I played our game. It was really close.

Story: http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/news.php?l=52196&n=16724[/quote]

I thought it was a good game as well, I can't get over those couple of one timers that were from beyond the top of the circle. :x Any goalie should have stopped those. but maybe thats just me being a sore loser. I would only expect a win after scoring 5 goals. :)

EDIT: is it wrong of me to be unhappy that 5 of 7 goals scored and 13 of 23 shots against me were one timers? am I wrong to feel this way? i need everyone's input.[/quote]

Wait, are you saying that doing a lot of one timers is a cheap tactic? Geez...I can't catch a break. I get ripped for scoring a wraparound goal or two against Nick Zero and as a result I go back to almost 100% one timers...now that's bad too?
If that's not what you're saying, I apologize--I am just pretty sensitive to being called cheap or unfair especially after the big fight in the tourney.

And yes, if I were you I would be ticked about the one timers but there really isn't anything you could've done but pull Turco, and you were playing such good D there was no way I could deke it in and score. I had to lure your defensemen away from the center and send it cross ice. (Seriously, when a goalie sucks in the game and you pull him it helps)

Since you can't get on to the ESPN site, I'll post my news story. (Yes, I was very bored and yes, I had nothing else to do lol)

[quote name='TJordan522']

Jan 12, 2005

DALLAS, TX (AP): When the Dallas Stars scored just :45 into the first period, the entire Phoenix bench deflated and decided that they should continually shoot one timers for the rest of the game. After working so hard to make the playoffs, it appeared they were on their way to the beginning of a losing streak. Brian Boucher had let in a soft goal and taken away any chance they had of coming out strong early and gaining the lead. However, it turns out that there were still 11 more goals on the way.

Jason Chimera fought back just 2 minutes later and tied the game up at one, beating Turco with a beautiful one timer. The Stars fought back, determined to win, and scored two quick goals past a comatose Brian Boucher. After the third Stars goal at 9:32 of the first, Boucher was sent to the showers. Phoenix's coach/GM Jordan Wompierski, in only his fifth game behind the bench, called a time out. Brent Johnson came in for his first appearance since the new ownership had taken over the team. After the game, we talked to Phoenix GM and Coach Jordan about his decision. "I was a bit reluctant to play Brent earlier in the year, because I thought Bouch was the better guy to lead us to the playoffs, especially after his amazing year in Philly. Brian just wasn't performing consistantly though, so I gave Johnson a shot." And what a decision it was....the Coyotes came out after the third goal re-energized. After spending the rest of the period fighting off the Stars attacks, with Johnson making a few sprawling saves, the Coyotes finally got what they were looking for. Branko Radivoyevic banged in a cross ice pass from Dan Cleary with under a minute left in the first, scoring his first goal since being re-acquired from Philadelphia. Mike Comrie scored just 20 seconds after that in a play almost identical to the one seconds earlier. After one period of play, the game was knotted up at 3-3, with both Boucher (pulled) and Turco performing poorly.

Phoenix continued its strong play just 1:06 into the second when Mike Comrie set up Mike Johnson for a one timer goal over Turco, who allowed 7 goals in just 23 shots all game. Jeff Friesen netted his second goal of the game for Dallas just 2 minutes after Johnson's goal and tied the game up once again.

However, Phoenix proved resilient and scored a pair of crushing goals in a span of only 19 seconds apart. Daymond Langkow told reporters after the game, "Brent was really keeping us in this one. I sensed an urgency, I just had a feeling that if I could get one we would be OK. After I scored, we just clicked....Nagy scored right after that and we held them off and played amazing D." The two teams traded goals in the third period, and Phoenix came out on top by a final score of 7-5. The Coyotes improved their record to 3-5 (3-1-0-1 under new GM/coach).

Notes: Stars goaltender Marty Turco was irate with his coach after the game. "I love him [Coach bkrobson]...he is a great guy, a great coach...but I was obviously struggling. I couldnt stop anything, I just wasn't in the zone. I can't understand why he wouldn't take me out-it's unfortunate."
Turco's complaint is eerily similar to that of Montreal Canadiens goaltender Patrick Roy. Roy had asked to be pulled in a game in which he was performing poorly, and his coach kept him in. An angry and frustrated Roy declared after the game that it would be his last for the Canadiens. Shortly thereafter, Roy was traded.

[/quote]

these four games still need to be played:

Atlanta @ Toronto
Calgary @ Boston
New Jersey @ Colorado
NY Islanders @ Los Angeles

[quote name='bkrobson']EDIT: is it wrong of me to be unhappy that 5 of 7 goals scored and 13 of 23 shots against me were one timers? am I wrong to feel this way? i need everyone's input.[/quote]

as long as he was using manual shot aim i don't think there's a problem with it, and i'm pretty sure that tjordan uses manual. when someone uses auto shot aim on one timers, it's really easy to score from pretty much anywhere near the slot that's a clear shot, but on manual shot aim it's up to the player to direct the shot, thus making it far more fair of a goal.

at least that's the way i see it, others may disagree.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Alright, I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't sign into the ESPN league site. Not in Firefox or IE. It just sits there on the sign in page regardless. Any help?[/quote]

if you can't get to the league site it's not that big of a deal, since all the important information is here anyways. welcome back, by the way.

Hey what the hell! I didn't say this. Why did it let you edit my article????

"DALLAS, TX (AP): When the Dallas Stars scored just :45 into the first period, the entire Phoenix bench deflated and decided that they should continually shoot one timers for the rest of the game"

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey what the hell! I didn't say this. Why did it let you edit my article????

"DALLAS, TX (AP): When the Dallas Stars scored just :45 into the first period, the entire Phoenix bench deflated and decided that they should continually shoot one timers for the rest of the game"[/quote]

that's funny.

Yeah I do use manual shot aim. I can't even believe I am taking shit for using the one timer. And don't touch my article bkrobson....its a freaking Xbox Live league you dont have to be such a sore loser.

EDIT: I fixed my article back to original.
Thatstoobad--can you make it so people can't edit articles? Thanks

Ok here is the article without bkrobson's tampering:

Jan 12, 2005

DALLAS, TX (AP): When the Dallas Stars scored just :45 into the first period, the entire Phoenix bench deflated. After working so hard to make the playoffs, it appeared they were on their way to the beginning of a losing streak. Brian Boucher had let in a soft goal and taken away any chance they had of coming out strong early and gaining the lead. However, it turns out that there were still 11 more goals on the way.

Jason Chimera fought back just 2 minutes later and tied the game up at one, beating Turco with a beautiful one timer. The Stars fought back, determined to win, and scored two quick goals past a comatose Brian Boucher. After the third Stars goal at 9:32 of the first, Boucher was sent to the showers. Phoenix's coach/GM Jordan Wompierski, in only his fifth game behind the bench, called a time out. Brent Johnson came in for his first appearance since the new ownership had taken over the team. After the game, we talked to Phoenix GM and Coach Jordan about his decision. "I was a bit reluctant to play Brent earlier in the year, because I thought Bouch was the better guy to lead us to the playoffs, especially after his amazing year in Philly. Brian just wasn't performing consistantly though, so I gave Johnson a shot." And what a decision it was....the Coyotes came out after the third goal re-energized. After spending the rest of the period fighting off the Stars attacks, with Johnson making a few sprawling saves, the Coyotes finally got what they were looking for. Branko Radivoyevic banged in a cross ice pass from Dan Cleary with under a minute left in the first, scoring his first goal since being re-acquired from Philadelphia. Mike Comrie scored just 20 seconds after that in a play almost identical to the one seconds earlier. After one period of play, the game was knotted up at 3-3, with both Boucher (pulled) and Turco performing poorly.

Phoenix continued its strong play just 1:06 into the second when Mike Comrie set up Mike Johnson for a one timer goal over Turco, who allowed 7 goals in just 23 shots all game. Jeff Friesen netted his second goal of the game for Dallas just 2 minutes after Johnson's goal and tied the game up once again.

However, Phoenix proved resilient and scored a pair of crushing goals in a span of only 19 seconds apart. Daymond Langkow told reporters after the game, "Brent was really keeping us in this one. I sensed an urgency, I just had a feeling that if I could get one we would be OK. After I scored, we just clicked....Nagy scored right after that and we held them off and played amazing D." The two teams traded goals in the third period, and Phoenix came out on top by a final score of 7-5. The Coyotes improved their record to 3-5 (3-1-0-1 under new GM/coach).

Notes: Stars goaltender Marty Turco was irate with his coach after the game. "I love him [Coach bkrobson]...he is a great guy, a great coach...but I was obviously struggling. I couldnt stop anything, I just wasn't in the zone. I can't understand why he wouldn't take me out-it's unfortunate."
Turco's complaint is eerily similar to that of Montreal Canadiens goaltender Patrick Roy. Roy had asked to be pulled in a game in which he was performing poorly, and his coach kept him in. An angry and frustrated Roy declared after the game that it would be his last for the Canadiens. Shortly thereafter, Roy was traded.

[quote name='TJordan522']Yeah I do use manual shot aim. I can't even believe I am taking shit for using the one timer. And don't touch my article bkrobson....its a freaking Xbox Live league you dont have to be such a sore loser.

EDIT: I fixed my article back to original.
Thatstoobad--can you make it so people can't edit articles? Thanks[/quote]

it's all or nothing. "The following league members can add/edit news articles:" and all the members are checked.

it's not a big deal. what he edited in was funny and what i assume was a joke. don't worry about it.

[quote name='TJordan522']Alright lol I was just shocked to see it say that when I posted haha.[/quote]

The whole thing is not that big of a deal, its just a game.... the article thing was just for fun, It's funny you noticed though. and btw I already admitted I am a sore loser. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd just like to add that I am 4-0 in my last 4 games.[/quote]

yeah i noticed that today. making a strong push for the playoffs i see...

[quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='TJordan522']Alright lol I was just shocked to see it say that when I posted haha.[/quote]

The whole thing is not that big of a deal, its just a game.... the article thing was just for fun, It's funny you noticed though. and btw I already admitted I am a sore loser. :)[/quote]

Alright...sorry if I overreacted a bit. Funny article editing though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back