NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='repetske']I think eddiebelfour is afraid to face the might of the Rangers. Seriously though. We should play in the next day or two.[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. he played his first round match in the CAGXMAS2 tournament, which he won in 7 games. I'm sure he'll face you soon.

Yay. I finally got to play some of you guys. I feel so slow and rusty compared to them. I think I won 3 face-offs in 2 games. This was just a pointless statement to bump. I am glad to be playing hockey again though, with people that obviously appreciate it.

[quote name='repetske']Yay. I finally got to play some of you guys. I feel so slow and rusty compared to them. I think I won 3 face-offs in 2 games. This was just a pointless statement to bump. I am glad to be playing hockey again though, with people that obviously appreciate it.[/quote]

You didn't seem very slow OR rusty when you beat me lol.

Thanks. If only you had a Live headset, you would have heard how freaked out I was. We should definitely play again sometime. I'm on most nights playing Halo 2 with some friends, but I don't really enjoy playing that game, so I would quit in a heartbeat for hockey. I also just set up an AIM account. My user name is jrrepetske.

so, uh, there's only 3 more games that need to be played. here's how this weeks results break down so far:

Atlanta @ NY Rangers ------- rangers win 2-0
New Jersey @ Boston ------- new jersey wins 1-0
Montreal @ Calgary
Colorado @ Phoenix --------- phoenix wins 6-3
Philadelphia @ Columbus --- philadelphia wins 5-4
Dallas @ Tampa Bay -------- tampa bay wins 2-0
Detroit @ Toronto
St. Louis @ Los Angeles ----- st. louis wins 6-1
San Jose @ NY Islanders

so if we can get those games in soon, i'll advance the schedule.

FLYBRIONE! have you been able to communicate with gojtron at all?

Unrelated to the topic, but its tied to this league because half of us are in it: CAGXMAS2 is in Round 2. We have 4 games that need to get played.

actually, it looks like i advanced the schedule on the 9th, which i think means today would be the last day to play your games. since we had so many people actually play their games, i'm planning on advancing it, but three games still need to be played:

Montreal @ Calgary
Detroit @ Toronto
San Jose @ NY Islanders

now, i have absolutely no expectations for the detroit/toronto game, as we need a new player for detroit, but the other two games should get played, especially the montreal/calgary game.

i guess we'll see what happens, but i'd like to see the guys who usually play their games get them played.

we need a replacement for detroit. i'm scheduled to play detroit next week, and i would prefer to not have to sim my game. if anyone knows anyone who would want to play, please please direct them over here or have them PM/email me. thanks.

I really need practice. So I hope I will not have to sim anymore of my games this season. Will I get the win for the detroit game?

They are 2-3 and just a half game out of the playoff race, even though there is still alot of hockey left to play. To be honest, you will probably lose your first game, as you are playing one of the top teams. But after that you have a chance.

Detroit is 2-3 and the that division that is the best record.

The other division contains the elite players. I myself need practice and to come up with some new strategy because I just got beat down by thatstoobad in our tournament and his strategy is just intense.

I think he is the best player in the league as shown by his 6-0 record.

[quote name='flybrione']Detroit is 2-3 and the that division that is the best record.

The other division contains the elite players. I myself need practice and to come up with some new strategy because I just got beat down by thatstoobad in our tournament and his strategy is just intense.

I think he is the best player in the league as shown by his 6-0 record.[/quote]

I didn't know there was divisions. That line in the standings I thought indicated who wouls be in the playoffs.

The previous owner of Detroit lagged out when the game was tied 1-1 and gave me my only loss, or I would be undefeated too.

[quote name='manofpeace20']The previous owner of Detroit lagged out when the game was tied 1-1 and gave me my only loss, or I would be undefeated too.[/quote]
a couple days ago went back to see if i could award you the win for that game, but i couldn't.

doubledown: i am sending you a PM. detroit's probably going to end up being 2-4, unless you decide to take control of them and can get a game in quickly, but it shouldn't matter much, the battle for playoff spots is already shaping up to be a good one.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='manofpeace20']The previous owner of Detroit lagged out when the game was tied 1-1 and gave me my only loss, or I would be undefeated too.[/quote]
a couple days ago went back to see if i could award you the win for that game, but i couldn't. .[/quote]

I know that it is too late for that, I just consider myself undefeated due to the cirumstances.

My mistake I thought the line broke up the two divisions.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had some tips or strategies they could help me with in this game.

I noticed that when I play everyone they go into the menu and change up to a specific style of play and yesterday when playing thatstoobad he really had some incredible defensive strategy where two to three defenders would always be around the puck and my default defense would just let guys on open break aways.

Also he had a good offensive strategy as well and stick control. Is there something you need to do to have stick control?

I was just wondering if I could get some tips because I think I have a little potential to be a good or decent player but I need a wake up call after yesterdays tournament sweep.

If anyone would like to help just send me a pm and thanks a lot if you do :D

Just wanted to thank manofpeace and thatstoobad for there help and tips.

manofpeace I sent you a pm let me know when you are available.

thatstoobad thanks again for taking the time to write some tips out for me.

I could play tonight if you are available. I get home from work at around 6cst and could play around 7cst. Let me know if this is good for you.

I think we would have to play real soon becasue they want to advance to next week. I could also play later in the evening but I would need a time you are available because I will have company over tonight and we ususally play smackdown on PS2. So I could take a quick timeout and play a game of hockey.

[quote name='flybrione']I think we would have to play real soon becasue they want to advance to next week. I could also play later in the evening but I would need a time you are available because I will have company over tonight and we ususally play smackdown on PS2. So I could take a quick timeout and play a game of hockey.[/quote]
if doubledown joins, i can hold off a day or two for you guys to get your game in.

doubledown: remember, if you want to join, you have to accept the league invite in your PM folder on the ESPN league site.

what happened with montreal and calgary?

[quote name='doubledown']I have no PM in my ONLINE folder in the ESPN site....

DJ DoubleDown was my GAMERTAG....don't forget the space in there.[/quote]
i just resent it. hopefully it'll go through this time.

in case anyone is wondering, i'm waiting a few days to advance the schedule. i asked meth about his game, and he was still under the impression this week was going until january, so he's going to try to get his game in with zewone soon. whoever ends up taking detroit, please try to get your game in soon, if possible. and how's the san jose/NY islanders game coming along?

if i don't hear from anyone, the schedule will be advanced wednesday at 12 AM (essentially meaning tuesday night).

Good exhibition games tonight thatstoobad. They were both really fun and really close. Now I tied up my all time record against you at 3-3. If I manage to beat Nick Zero in the tourney (which will be very hard to do) we should have a great series in store.

It looks like I'm playing Detroit now. If anyone wants to get some Exhibition games in, I'll be playing a lot to get geared up. Tag's in the sig.

[quote name='radjago']It looks like I'm playing Detroit now. If anyone wants to get some Exhibition games in, I'll be playing a lot to get geared up. Tag's in the sig.[/quote]
try to schedule your game with flybrione soon, if possible.

by the way, phoenix has a crapload of trades offers out there.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='radjago']It looks like I'm playing Detroit now. If anyone wants to get some Exhibition games in, I'll be playing a lot to get geared up. Tag's in the sig.[/quote]
try to schedule your game with flybrione soon, if possible.

by the way, phoenix has a crapload of trades offers out there.[/quote]

Yeah, I do have a ton of offers out. I have had them out for a while now too...

[quote name='thatstoobad']in case anyone is wondering, i'm waiting a few days to advance the schedule. i asked meth about his game, and he was still under the impression this week was going until january, so he's going to try to get his game in with zewone soon. whoever ends up taking detroit, please try to get your game in soon, if possible. and how's the san jose/NY islanders game coming along?

if i don't hear from anyone, the schedule will be advanced wednesday at 12 AM (essentially meaning tuesday night).[/quote]

I've got news from Zewone, but i'm not sure if we'll be able to play our game before wednesday night.

Advance the schedule if you want, it's your call.

sorry about that.

[quote name='METH'][quote name='thatstoobad']in case anyone is wondering, i'm waiting a few days to advance the schedule. i asked meth about his game, and he was still under the impression this week was going until january, so he's going to try to get his game in with zewone soon. whoever ends up taking detroit, please try to get your game in soon, if possible. and how's the san jose/NY islanders game coming along?

if i don't hear from anyone, the schedule will be advanced wednesday at 12 AM (essentially meaning tuesday night).[/quote]

I've got news from Zewone, but i'm not sure if we'll be able to play our game before wednesday night.

sorry about that.[/quote]

Yeah. We can't seem to find a time to play. I'm busy with work and I can't play at the same times he can.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='METH'][quote name='thatstoobad']in case anyone is wondering, i'm waiting a few days to advance the schedule. i asked meth about his game, and he was still under the impression this week was going until january, so he's going to try to get his game in with zewone soon. whoever ends up taking detroit, please try to get your game in soon, if possible. and how's the san jose/NY islanders game coming along?

sorry about that.[/quote]

Yeah. We can't seem to find a time to play. I'm busy with work and I can't play at the same times he can.[/quote]
eh, i don't care about it that much. just play when you can (though hopefully soon). the detroit/toronto game still hasn't been played either, nor has the other game. i'll give it some time, let's just make sure to get everything back on track after the holidays.

[quote name='radjago']The Detroit/Toronto game has been played. It was a good match and I look forward to my next one.[/quote]
we play each other next week, so it should be interesting. i want to hold off until zewone and meth can get their game in, since i'm sure they want to, but once they do i'll advance the schedule. i'll PM you letting you know what times will be good for me to play when the time comes.

Just to let the CAGXMAS2 guys know, CheapyD is pissed because he never showed initiative in playing his games, so I simmed to the next round. So he decided to lock the thread. I will contact the rest of you through PMs.

To: CheapyD
Posted: 21 Dec 2004 01:05 pm
Subject: Loser

I waited to play you all weekend, and all through last night. I told you this morning I would play you, but when you blatantly ignored my invites last night, I decided why I was willing to devote more of my time to you. So go ahead and lock the thread and pout like a sore loser. Pansy.

Mmmm....i love the smell of bannings in the morning (afternoon, whatever).

[quote name='CheapyD']
To: CheapyD
Posted: 21 Dec 2004 01:05 pm
Subject: Loser

I waited to play you all weekend, and all through last night. I told you this morning I would play you, but when you blatantly ignored my invites last night, I decided why I was willing to devote more of my time to you. So go ahead and lock the thread and pout like a sore loser. Pansy.

Mmmm....i love the smell of bannings in the morning (afternoon, whatever).[/quote]

Lol. I played my games with Meth last night and we couldn't figure out why man o' peace was jumping the gun on the tournament. I thought Cheapy must have just decided not to play, then I see this stuff about how he set a time to play, then didn't show and blamed Cheapy for it. At least we still have the season...for now.

Man I knew the schedule shouldn't be advanced...

What happened to waiting till Wednesday manofpeace?
Is there anyway to go back a round in the tourney?

Oh, I forgot. Can we please watch cheesy playing in the league? It wasn't any of my opponents, but I've heard stories. Going behind the net over and over (a little is okay) and doing other things that you wouldn't see in the NHL is sleazy.

Just thought I'd bring this up so we don't have an issue like the tournament down the road.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Oh, I forgot. Can we please watch cheesy playing in the league? It wasn't any of my opponents, but I've heard stories. Going behind the net over and over (a little is okay) and doing other things that you wouldn't see in the NHL is sleazy.

Just thought I'd bring this up so we don't have an issue like the tournament down the road.[/quote]

I really hope this wasn't directed at me because of my little skirmish with Nick Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back