NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Oh, I forgot. Can we please watch cheesy playing in the league? It wasn't any of my opponents, but I've heard stories. Going behind the net over and over (a little is okay) and doing other things that you wouldn't see in the NHL is sleazy.

Just thought I'd bring this up so we don't have an issue like the tournament down the road.[/quote]
i haven't had a problem yet with anyone playing cheap or anything, and i imagine (mostly) everyone has the right attitude towards the league, so things should be ok. hopefully.

of course, if i end up losing a game, be prepared for me to reverse the results.

oh, and i guess we need a replacement for new jersey now. if he's not a member on CAG, it's kind of pointless for him to be in the CAGHL. so who wants the (tied for) second place team? doubledown? anyone?

Sorry for the inconveniences guys, but if I can't ban someone who calls me a "loser" and a "pansy", then who do I get to ban? ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry for the inconveniences guys, but if I can't ban someone who calls me a "loser" and a "pansy", then who do I get to ban? ;)[/quote]

Not a problem...I personally have nothing against manofpeace but I do think it was a bit gay to advance the schedule...

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry for the inconveniences guys, but if I can't ban someone who calls me a "loser" and a "pansy", then who do I get to ban? ;)[/quote]

why are you playing halo 2 like a loser, you pansy?:boxing:

i need to acquire your kind of power for my next mission. am i aloud to call that dude an a-hole? i mean i have nothing agaisnt him, but that just isnt right.

edit: he said he used "devoted" "time" and "you" in a PM to another man. :oops:

That's what happens when you fuck with the boss fellas.

I'm surprised that many of our Halo 2 clanners haven't been reprimanded for intentionally seeking out Cheapy for kills, something that almost everyone (including myself) is guilty of. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CheapyD']Sorry for the inconveniences guys, but if I can't ban someone who calls me a "loser" and a "pansy", then who do I get to ban? ;)[/quote]

That's what happens when you shaq-fu with the boss fellas.

I'm surprised that many of our Halo 2 clanners haven't been reprimanded for intentionally seeking out Cheapy for kills, something that almost everyone (including myself) is guilty of. :lol:[/quote]

ban him now, seriously. :twisted:

Since there is now an opening for the Devils, I spoke with thatstoobad about possibly switching to my favorite team. He had no problems with it, but he wanted me to post and make sure it was OK with everyone.

[quote name='CheapyD']
To: CheapyD
Posted: 21 Dec 2004 01:05 pm
Subject: Loser

I waited to play you all weekend, and all through last night. I told you this morning I would play you, but when you blatantly ignored my invites last night, I decided why I was willing to devote more of my time to you. So go ahead and lock the thread and pout like a sore loser. Pansy.

Mmmm....i love the smell of bannings in the morning (afternoon, whatever).[/quote]

Wow. I like to see a couple of bannings every once in awhile. It keeps the crowd in check. :D

[quote name='TJordan522']I guess there are no objections to my inheriting of the Devils?[/quote]

as long as you trade me broduer, gionta and gomez for brad larsen, im cool. :wink:

[quote name='TJordan522']I guess there are no objections to my inheriting of the Devils?[/quote]

As long as you don't keep doing wrap-arounds repeatedly with Gomez. Oh wait, that's never going to end. I do think it is kind of cheap to change teams mid-season, but I'm new, so if no one else cares who am I to say anything?

No, you're allowed to say something if you think it's cheap. I'm not taking them because of thier good record, just because they are my favorite team and my live ID is NJDevilsFan lol.

What's this I'm hearing about cheap goals? I think if anyone here has anything to bring up about an opponent doing this repeatedly, they should speak up. We can all agree that we dont want to play in a league where the majority of the players are playing with strategy and ability rather than taking a shot that will pretty much work every time. I encourage everyone to "tell on" those who play this way (including myself, which should be unlikely)

[quote name='bkrobson']What's this I'm hearing about cheap goals? I think if anyone here has anything to bring up about an opponent doing this repeatedly, they should speak up. We can all agree that we dont want to play in a league where the majority of the players are playing with strategy and ability rather than taking a shot that will pretty much work every time. I encourage everyone to "tell on" those who play this way (including myself, which should be unlikely)[/quote]

Yeah I agree. If anyone thinks I play cheap I want to know about it...

averaging 6 goals a game is a sure give away i guess. im not sure how or if your playoff series this time is going, but in ours, which was a good series, you averaged at least 5- which is unheard of. i could understand three in a row scoring five goals, but if you look at our series coupled with the amount of goals you scored thus far in the leauge, there has to be something going on. you scored 7 and 6? in the leauge games, im not sure if those are the exact numbers but thats a lot of goals to score in sucessive games. im not saying all those goals are cheapers™, you do do the wrap around with gomez too much and you score a lot on the bring it to the left side of the goalie and freeze him in the left corner and bring your guy out and score on the right side goal and it becomes hard to have any stratgey when your opponent has to score on the luck of a tip or a nice pass. your defense in there, after bringing up the camping thing, you curbed it, which opened up the lanes more, which was good- but its hard as hell to stop that wrap around everytime and considering that's how you won in OT the first game of the series, its hard to come back after taking a blow like that. im not saying you play cheap all the time, you are actually rather good at the game, im just saying try the wrap around once or twice, not 10 times.

I honestly don't think I play cheap at all. My high scoring is just a result of good luck and good offensive strategies (lots of one timers, etc.)

thatstoobad:

Zewone and I just played our game (week 6), you can now advance the schedule if you want.

[quote name='TJordan522']I honestly don't think I play cheap at all. My high scoring is just a result of good luck and good offensive strategies (lots of one timers, etc.)[/quote]

eh, not too sure about that. go look at my online GAA and you'll see it's a little over 2.25 i believe. thats a hop and skip away from 6. i think the only time i have ever had plus five goals scored on me was when i played on pro. once. im only saying good luck doesnt happen that many games in a row. good luck is pulling out 3 straight one goal victories.

[quote name='zewone']Played my game with METH. Great game, I lost. :) But one of his goals belongs to me throwing it in with my goalie. :([/quote]
ok cool, i'll advance the schedule sometime tonight.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='TJordan522']I honestly don't think I play cheap at all. My high scoring is just a result of good luck and good offensive strategies (lots of one timers, etc.)[/quote]
eh, not too sure about that. go look at my online GAA and you'll see it's a little over 2.25 i believe. thats a hop and skip away from 6. i think the only time i have ever had plus five goals scored on me was when i played on pro. once. im only saying good luck doesnt happen that many games in a row. good luck is pulling out 3 straight one goal victories.[/quote]
i would appreciate it if you guys kept stuff like this restricted to PMs. we all don't need to read it. i don't want someone playing tjordan or anyone else expecting a bad game just because of something one person wrote. i've played tjordan on many occasions and i haven't had a problem with the way he plays. in fact, i haven't had a problem with the way anyone from CAG plays yet, and i don't expect to. the league should be competetive, but it should also be fun.

also, i sent tjordan a PM about this last night but he hasn't read it yet, so i'm posting it here: i thought it over and would prefer you keep phoenix in the league. it would just make everything a whole heck of a lot easier, since last time we had someone try to switch teams (even just for one game) it caused a problem with the ESPN site and stuff. if it really, really really means a lot to you then ok, but it would be kind of cool if you just stuck with the coyotes.

yeah no doubt, but like others said, it's better if we all know and someone else actually lodged a simliar complaint to mine about the wrapper.

Ok, I'll keep Phoenix. And about the wraparounds, I really really don't do them as much as you're saying. Maybe once out of 5 or so times behind the net I will try it, but I usually go for the one timer pass to the slot. The one timer pass is more effective for me anyway.

To those in the CAGMAS2 tournament, here is a message from manofpeace/Mr. Fortier. He emailed it to me and asked that I post it for him.

After what happened with the whole CheapyD thing, I found myself forced to
delete CAGXMAS2. I truly wanted the tournament to succeed, but I do not wish
to continue it after being banished from CAG under the circumstances that
surrounded it. All I can think about is how much I wanted this thing to
work, and it is making me miserable how it so quickly fell apart because of
what I did. I'm really not a bad person, I just do some stupid stuff I live
to regret, and I thought at the time I was acting in the best interests of
the tournament. If I could go back in time, I would have somehow found a way
to finally play Cheapy and beat him like I know I can. Unfortunately, we all
make mistakes and I made one. I feel deleting the tournament is the right
thing to do, and I apologize to all involved. I would like to be given a
chance by Cheapy to be unbanned, as I truly enjoyed hanging around the
website while I was online; but I do understand if he wants to keep me
banished.

[quote name='TJordan522']To those in the CAGMAS2 tournament, here is a message from manofpeace/Mr. Fortier. He emailed it to me and asked that I post it for him.

After what happened with the whole CheapyD thing, I found myself forced to
delete CAGXMAS2. I truly wanted the tournament to succeed, but I do not wish
to continue it after being banished from CAG under the circumstances that
surrounded it. All I can think about is how much I wanted this thing to
work, and it is making me miserable how it so quickly fell apart because of
what I did. I'm really not a bad person, I just do some stupid stuff I live
to regret, and I thought at the time I was acting in the best interests of
the tournament. If I could go back in time, I would have somehow found a way
to finally play Cheapy and beat him like I know I can. Unfortunately, we all
make mistakes and I made one. I feel deleting the tournament is the right
thing to do, and I apologize to all involved. I would like to be given a
chance by Cheapy to be unbanned, as I truly enjoyed hanging around the
website while I was online; but I do understand if he wants to keep me
banished.[/quote]

Merry Xmas....

On another note:

For those interested; i might have a little "Meth's Xmas Invitationnal Tourney", a 6 Teams tournament that could take place over 2 weeks (max). I'll keep you all updated about it in the following days (and will create a new thread about it). If you're a serious online espn hockey player and that you show interest in that kind of tournament, please PM me asap.

Thanks, and happy holidays to everyone!

alex - METH

ok, i advanced the schedule this morning since i won't be home all day. i tried last night but kept getting a "failed to get leagues" error message. whatever. anyways, here's this week's schedule:

Columbus @ Atlanta
Boston @ NY Rangers
Calgary @ San Jose
Dallas @ Colorado
St. Louis @ Detroit
Montreal @ Los Angeles
NY Islanders @ New Jersey
Phoenix @ Philadelphia
Toronto @ Tampa Bay

this one MUST be played by january 5th. i advanced last week's early because all but one game was played, and i hadn't heard from either of the two players. january 5th is only like 2 weeks, so it should be enough time for everyone to play, but not too much time to where those who play early will have to wait long.

we need a new player for new jersey.

[quote name='TJordan522']Ok, I'll keep Phoenix.[/quote]
thanks.

[quote name='meth']"For those interested; i might have a little "Meth's Xmas Invitationnal Tourney", a 6 Teams tournament that could take place over 2 weeks (max). I'll keep you all updated about it in the following days (and will create a new thread about it). If you're a serious online espn hockey player and that you show interest in that kind of tournament, please PM me asap. [/quote]
go for it. i sent you a PM about it. if you're doing it, we should probably do it soon.

Hey thatstoobad, can you update the owners on the first thread? I wasn't sure how up to date it was.

Oh, and Meth, I'm always up for a hockey tourney.

[quote name='ajh2298']I would take the Devils if they are still open.

And what are the setting you are using?[/quote]

Hmm Devils might be already taken by TJordan.

As for the settings, should be same as those we have for the season. Details about the the settings will be posted on the Tourney's thread (see my previous post).

[quote name='METH'][quote name='ajh2298']I would take the Devils if they are still open.

And what are the setting you are using?[/quote]

Hmm Devils might be already taken by TJordan.

As for the settings, should be same as those we have for the season. Details about the the settings will be posted on the Tourney's thread (see my previous post).[/quote]

Unfortunately I was persuaded to stay the Coyotes...

Damn...CheapyD really put me in my place. He was up 1-0 for most of the game, but I had 2 third period goals and I thought I had it wrapped up. However, he tied it with 2 minutes left and won it with 1 minute left. Great game Cheapy!

[quote name='ajh2298']Dont want to be in tourney only want in the season if the Devils are open.[/quote]
ok. right now is like the only time today i'll be able to be on the computer, so i won't get a chance to set everything up through the XBL yet, but either post here or PM me your XBL name and i'll get you the invite soon, probably tomorrow.

the settings are pretty similar to the ones when you play a ranked game against a random person, with the main exception that fighting is off. there are a few minor adjustments here or there, but overall it's pretty close.

here is how to sign in once i send you the league invite:
in case you don't know, go to the ESPN league site (the link is located on the first post in the CAGHL thread), and check your PMs (which is available on the left side of the screen). then all you have to do is accept the invite and you're in the league. you may have to register for the site if you haven't yet, but it doesn't take very long.

i'm bumping this to remind everyone that they only have about a week to get their games in. only two games have been played so far.

philidelphia beat phoenix 3-2, and i won my game 5-1. so let's get the rest of you playing.

and ajh2298 still needs to sign in as the devils.

Iwill be back in town on the 2nd or 3rd will sign on then and try to hook up with whoever I play in week 7. If I cannot feel free to give him the win because the delay in playing the game would all be on me.

If something falls through with ajh or if any more spots open up I would like to be in the league. Let me know. Thanks!

Brad

[quote name='ajh2298']Iwill be back in town on the 2nd or 3rd will sign on then and try to hook up with whoever I play in week 7. If I cannot feel free to give him the win because the delay in playing the game would all be on me.[/quote]
ok, that's fine. but to sign in, all you need to do is go to the league website and accept the private message i sent, you don't need access to your xbox. but if you have to wait that's ok.

[quote name='Brad906']If something falls through with ajh or if any more spots open up I would like to be in the league. Let me know. Thanks!

Brad[/quote]
alright, if anything opens up, you'll be the first person i contact.

also, i should correct myself, there have been 3 games played, not 2.

[quote name='bkrobson']Hey SteveMcQ when do you want to play? I sent you a PM, let me know.[/quote]
i forgot, but stevemcq has been gone for a few weeks, and i don't believe he'll be back until the first week of january. hopefully he'll be back in time to play your game, but if not, i'll have to sim it.

just a reminder, you guys have until the end of january 5th to get your games in. four games have been played.

Montreal 3, Los Angeles 0
Atlanta 5, Columbus 2
St. Louis 5, Detroit 1
Philadelphia 3, Phoenix 2
----------
Boston @ NY Rangers
Calgary @ San Jose
Dallas @ Colorado
NY Islanders @ New Jersey
Toronto @ Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.